Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? 09:47 - May 20 with 2769 viewsSTID2017

I don't know if such a thing exists, but if these pitch invasions continue ( plus the individuals running on the pitch at other games ) and players and staff getting assaulted ( plus missiles being thrown on the field ) then I can only see us going back to a safer version of the pre - Hillsborough situation of fenced in grounds ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

0
Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 18:46 - May 21 with 595 viewsReslovenSwan1

Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 17:27 - May 21 by Lorax

So n a thread about collapsible fencing you mention kind of fence that we shouldn't use? Then you back up that post with a post saying how good this fencing is, but we shouldn't use it.

Oh behave mun.

BTW, you don't need to climb over it most of the time but if you do, it doesn't result in cuts and bruises and because it yields, pushing it over is easy enough.

I must remember, next time you post, that you may be be posting something completely useless or irrelevant to the thread on purpose


Zzzz. I am a polite bloke and if people ask me questions I answer them. Heras fencing is great and widely used because it is extremely practical in many circumstances. People ask me why use fencing that can collapse. I answer. Please note the OP heading.

It is not ideal for football stadium but with adaptation it could be. I suspect I have more experience than you of climbing over fencing and I can tell you climbing over Heras fencing is not easy. There is no reason for fans to be loading the fence. If fans are loading fences the game should be stopped immediately. Fans injured by this fencing collapsing face bumps cuts and bruises not death.

It is a complicated topic that is relevant.

The OP referred to "some form of collapsible fencing". I provided details that you find useless or irrelevant. Each to their own.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 21:34 - May 21 with 564 viewsSirjohnalot

These invasions never happened when Cooper was in charge of us.
Martin Out.
0
Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 21:38 - May 21 with 557 viewsWhiterockin

Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 21:34 - May 21 by Sirjohnalot

These invasions never happened when Cooper was in charge of us.
Martin Out.


In fact they erected these barriers outside the East stand to keep us in.
1
Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 22:34 - May 21 with 532 viewsjasper_T

Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 15:07 - May 21 by Lorax

That's nonsense, a single man could knock it over easily enough, I've seen it done.

The stand demarks the boundary and there are signs. A single man would be stopped by a few stewards.

The kind of problem we are seeing is exactly the thing these fences wouldn't stop, large crowds entering the pitch, Heras fencing is useless in the face of hundreds and would prove to be dangerous too.

I, like several on here, was at Reading when the riot police were called in. There were still fences around the pitch. In the bottom left corner of the terrace, does anybody else remember what happened?


Stewards routinely fail to stop single men (or women) entering the pitch. A fence would give time to react and something very noticeable to react to.

Pitch invasions usually start with a handful of people jumping a barrier and then it's madness as everyone follows. Obstruct the snowball to prevent an avalanche.
0
Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 22:35 - May 21 with 527 viewsKeithHaynes

Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 21:34 - May 21 by Sirjohnalot

These invasions never happened when Cooper was in charge of us.
Martin Out.


They did when Rodgers was with us.
But yes, Martin out 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 23:02 - May 21 with 515 viewsLorax

Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 22:34 - May 21 by jasper_T

Stewards routinely fail to stop single men (or women) entering the pitch. A fence would give time to react and something very noticeable to react to.

Pitch invasions usually start with a handful of people jumping a barrier and then it's madness as everyone follows. Obstruct the snowball to prevent an avalanche.


Yes but they always catch them, the kind of pitch invasion we've seen recently is beyond the control of every steward at the ground.

I'm sure they trialled collapsible fencing somewhere in Europe, it involved barriers that were solid, wouldn't be pushed through or past but could be released and would fall flat at the press of a button. I can't find it though.

Maybe I dreamt it?

Those Heras fences wouldn't have stopped what happened at Everton, that wasn't a snowball, it was instant avalanche. if fans had a bad intention those fences also then become weapons. After our home game with the Blades some nuggets were trying to pick a heras up and throw it at away fans.
0
Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 09:16 - May 22 with 464 viewsSTID2017

Will We See Some Form Of Collapsible Fencing ? on 23:02 - May 21 by Lorax

Yes but they always catch them, the kind of pitch invasion we've seen recently is beyond the control of every steward at the ground.

I'm sure they trialled collapsible fencing somewhere in Europe, it involved barriers that were solid, wouldn't be pushed through or past but could be released and would fall flat at the press of a button. I can't find it though.

Maybe I dreamt it?

Those Heras fences wouldn't have stopped what happened at Everton, that wasn't a snowball, it was instant avalanche. if fans had a bad intention those fences also then become weapons. After our home game with the Blades some nuggets were trying to pick a heras up and throw it at away fans.


I read about Collapsible fencing used in a rugby ground in Cape Town, but that was the only reference I could find ?
Maybe not possible, but certainly expect greater restrictions and penalties next season

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026