Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Implants ( teeth that is ) 00:10 - Jun 29 with 2016 viewsKeithHaynes

Anyone had them ?

What did you pay ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 01:40 - Jun 29 with 1977 viewsjack_lord

My cousin in Malaga says they are far cheaper down there than they are in rip off uk.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 10:02 - Jun 29 with 1927 viewsBest_loser

Don't they cost about 5 grand a tooth , all that for putting a screw in your jaw bone and sticking a blob of plastic on it , gps vets dentists , its all about maximizing their profits these days
Implants ( teeth that is ) on 10:05 - Jun 29 with 1924 viewsonehunglow

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 10:02 - Jun 29 by Best_loser

Don't they cost about 5 grand a tooth , all that for putting a screw in your jaw bone and sticking a blob of plastic on it , gps vets dentists , its all about maximizing their profits these days

Hang on,are dentists underpaid and coming out on strike too.

Great lucrative trade.Had a few chums who were dentists. Always new premium cars,huge houses and they didnt holiday in a Skegness caravan

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 10:50 - Jun 29 with 1893 viewsWingstandwood

I was thinking of having a single one done and asked with my dentist, there are a few doing this procedure around Swansea. The cost was around £2,800 - £3,000 with consultation and pre-operative work involving scans etc.

There are places down Sketty, Walters Road and down the SA1 waterfront etc. If an implant is for a tooth/teeth that had been missing for many years a bone graft may be required that'll raise a price higher because when a tooth is lost a process called resorption means underlying bone that held the tooth recedes.

So the gist is if you unexpectedly loose a tooth have an implant procedure arranged asap. It saves extra visits/hassle and expense!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 10:56]

Argus!

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 11:16 - Jun 29 with 1842 viewsKilkennyjack

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 10:50 - Jun 29 by Wingstandwood

I was thinking of having a single one done and asked with my dentist, there are a few doing this procedure around Swansea. The cost was around £2,800 - £3,000 with consultation and pre-operative work involving scans etc.

There are places down Sketty, Walters Road and down the SA1 waterfront etc. If an implant is for a tooth/teeth that had been missing for many years a bone graft may be required that'll raise a price higher because when a tooth is lost a process called resorption means underlying bone that held the tooth recedes.

So the gist is if you unexpectedly loose a tooth have an implant procedure arranged asap. It saves extra visits/hassle and expense!

This is the quality of post we need !

Thank you.

Beware of the Risen People

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 11:45 - Jun 29 with 1835 viewsWingstandwood

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 11:16 - Jun 29 by Kilkennyjack

This is the quality of post we need !

Thank you.

Thanks, more advice that can save a lot of money and inconvenience!

Never crack hard nut shells, really hard pork scratching's, or open beer bottles with teeth, when there is a front crown in place. It can cause a gum margin fracture/sheer that can mean the loss of a tooth or requirement of implant, dental post and core procedure, Maryland bridge or denture.. This is what a sheared off crown looks like! It's not the crown that is sheared but the original underlying tooth that holds the crown. I have seen this happen myself!

[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 11:50]

Argus!

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 11:47 - Jun 29 with 1826 viewscontroversial_jack

My friend went to Budapest to have his done. He said it was far cheaper than the Uk and the quality was excellent
Implants ( teeth that is ) on 13:30 - Jun 29 with 1777 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Can’t you get it done on the nhs if you say it’s affecting your mental health or confidence or something?
Login to get fewer ads

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 14:21 - Jun 29 with 1750 viewsJack123

I lost a tooth due to dentists shutting down through covid, was offered an implant, 3 or 4 grand they said.

Huh, I'm not paying that, you can't even notice it, as long as you talk like a ventriloquist .

On a more serious note, if you are requiring treatment, but don't want to pay UK prices of 3 grand plus, I have read you can have it done in Turkey on the cheap side, but personally I wouldn't fancy that.

libera nos a malo

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 14:26 - Jun 29 with 1741 viewsWingstandwood

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 14:21 - Jun 29 by Jack123

I lost a tooth due to dentists shutting down through covid, was offered an implant, 3 or 4 grand they said.

Huh, I'm not paying that, you can't even notice it, as long as you talk like a ventriloquist .

On a more serious note, if you are requiring treatment, but don't want to pay UK prices of 3 grand plus, I have read you can have it done in Turkey on the cheap side, but personally I wouldn't fancy that.

My own dentist had a very low opinion of patients having surgery out in Turkey and you are correct to be wary i.e. post-surgery complications and lower standards.

Argus!

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 14:40 - Jun 29 with 1728 viewsonehunglow

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 14:26 - Jun 29 by Wingstandwood

My own dentist had a very low opinion of patients having surgery out in Turkey and you are correct to be wary i.e. post-surgery complications and lower standards.

Top posting wingy.
Ok so you get it cheaper then it goes titsup.Good luck with the follow up.

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 15:23 - Jun 29 with 1690 viewsWingstandwood

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 14:40 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

Top posting wingy.
Ok so you get it cheaper then it goes titsup.Good luck with the follow up.

The exact words I was told was "pay cheap pay twice".

Argus!

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 16:27 - Jun 29 with 1666 viewsTreforys_Jack

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 15:23 - Jun 29 by Wingstandwood

The exact words I was told was "pay cheap pay twice".

I know a few people very well who've had surgery in Turkey and the quality and aftercare has been exceptional, that with prices roughly a third off rip off Britain, I suggest anyone considering having work done do some thorough research.
Implants ( teeth that is ) on 16:32 - Jun 29 with 1665 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 16:27 - Jun 29 by Treforys_Jack

I know a few people very well who've had surgery in Turkey and the quality and aftercare has been exceptional, that with prices roughly a third off rip off Britain, I suggest anyone considering having work done do some thorough research.

My neighbour was bald as a coot before he went to Turkey and came back looking like Russell Brand.
Implants ( teeth that is ) on 16:43 - Jun 29 with 1657 viewsWingstandwood

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 16:27 - Jun 29 by Treforys_Jack

IMO in those circumstances where there are post-operative complications it is far better to have them in the U.K as opposed to having them across the ocean away. And 'aftercare/follow-up' is far nearer also.

I know that Dr Craig Mallorie who performs surgery down here has had to do corrective surgical procedures from overseas implant surgery. So indeed its wise to look into who is actually performing the procedure abroad.

Aye its all about weighing up options, budgets and risks!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 16:44]

Argus!

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 16:50 - Jun 29 with 1637 viewsonehunglow

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 16:43 - Jun 29 by Wingstandwood

IMO in those circumstances where there are post-operative complications it is far better to have them in the U.K as opposed to having them across the ocean away. And 'aftercare/follow-up' is far nearer also.

I know that Dr Craig Mallorie who performs surgery down here has had to do corrective surgical procedures from overseas implant surgery. So indeed its wise to look into who is actually performing the procedure abroad.

Aye its all about weighing up options, budgets and risks!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 16:44]

Brilliant stuff
Imagine walking into downtown Budapest or Instanbul and offering your throat to a possible wolf in a white gown who is about to do major work in your mouth .
If he gets it wrong,you are frked.

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 16:51 - Jun 29 with 1637 viewsKeithHaynes

I suppose the risk travelling to a different et country will always be there.
But the prices in the uk seem mad.
But people are paying them, and like petrol while they do it will be a premium service.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 17:02 - Jun 29 with 1630 viewsWingstandwood

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 16:51 - Jun 29 by KeithHaynes

I suppose the risk travelling to a different et country will always be there.
But the prices in the uk seem mad.
But people are paying them, and like petrol while they do it will be a premium service.

I do wonder if the prices will go down in the U.K at some stage when this type of surgical specialty becomes more and common with more and more trained/experienced practitioners/implantologists doing it?

It's a relatively new procedure and currently only available in a few clinics/surgery's locally. Perhaps some day nearly every private dental practice will have an implantologist? Competition and increased availability and choice may drive prices down?

Argus!

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 18:44 - Jun 29 with 1575 viewsCatullus

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 16:32 - Jun 29 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

My neighbour was bald as a coot before he went to Turkey and came back looking like Russell Brand.

So he went looking like a left breast and came back looking like a fanny?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 19:29 - Jun 29 with 1550 viewscontroversial_jack

They do it gradually In Budapest so i'm told. First sitting is x rays and fit the basics, then next sitting is fit the tooth. Combine that with a few weekends in Budapest and it's still better value than the Uk. Aftercare shouldn't be needed as it's just dental and not organ transplant
Implants ( teeth that is ) on 20:13 - Jun 29 with 1532 viewsWingstandwood

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 19:29 - Jun 29 by controversial_jack

They do it gradually In Budapest so i'm told. First sitting is x rays and fit the basics, then next sitting is fit the tooth. Combine that with a few weekends in Budapest and it's still better value than the Uk. Aftercare shouldn't be needed as it's just dental and not organ transplant

If everything goes to plan, things should indeed be o.k. but like with all types of surgery there is always a risk of infection or complications and this is where correct a.s.a.p aftercare-intervention is vitally important. And of course a persons mouth is bacteria central!

My dentist felt it was important that the same surgeon who did the operation was close at hand (and not abroad) beyond the operation because if there was aftercare required it is preferential for the surgeon to see his former patient. It is also important for an implant patient to have regular check-up's with a dentist to monitor an implant/implants.

Quote:"In spite of this, a total of nearly 600 patients at 37 clinics in Sweden were examined at a nine-year follow-up and it was found that 7.6% of patients had lost at least one implant and 14.5% had developed peri-implantitis.

https://www.periony.com/is-it-possible-to-save-an-infected-dental-implant/

Argus!

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 20:30 - Jun 29 with 1522 viewsThrasher6

Went to my dentist and asked if there was anything he could do about yellow teeth...

He gave me a brown tie...

Here all week...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 20:43 - Jun 29 with 1515 viewsLuther27

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 10:50 - Jun 29 by Wingstandwood

Dear God. I’d have to have enough anaesthetic to knock a horse out before I’d contemplate that amount of torture.
Good post though
Implants ( teeth that is ) on 20:43 - Jun 29 with 1515 viewscontroversial_jack

Implants ( teeth that is ) on 20:13 - Jun 29 by Wingstandwood

If everything goes to plan, things should indeed be o.k. but like with all types of surgery there is always a risk of infection or complications and this is where correct a.s.a.p aftercare-intervention is vitally important. And of course a persons mouth is bacteria central!

My dentist felt it was important that the same surgeon who did the operation was close at hand (and not abroad) beyond the operation because if there was aftercare required it is preferential for the surgeon to see his former patient. It is also important for an implant patient to have regular check-up's with a dentist to monitor an implant/implants.

Quote:"In spite of this, a total of nearly 600 patients at 37 clinics in Sweden were examined at a nine-year follow-up and it was found that 7.6% of patients had lost at least one implant and 14.5% had developed peri-implantitis.

https://www.periony.com/is-it-possible-to-save-an-infected-dental-implant/

I bet he was.,how much more did he charge for that? The NHS get's many cases of private clinics messing up in this country.It's irrelevant what country it is in.

There are risks with any procedure whatever country it happens in. It's dental surgery, not open heart surgery.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024