Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales NHS 18:47 - Jun 23 with 6295 viewsraynor94

What an absolute disgrace, over 700,000 on the waiting list, waiting times have increased month on month for the last 2 years.

Cancer waiting times worsen, 12 hour waits at A&E.

And these clowns who run it, want to add more members to the trough!

You couldn't make it up

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales NHS on 18:51 - Jun 23 with 3104 viewsFlashberryjack

It's an absolute disgrace, and that he can still rely on the welsh peoples votes is even more of a disgrace.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wales NHS on 18:53 - Jun 23 with 3101 viewsWingstandwood

IT IS EVEN WORSE THAN THAT!

By coincidence I Just watched Welsh News on HTV! There is a critical shortage of G.P's in Wales, its at crisis levels!

Argus!

Wales NHS on 19:22 - Jun 23 with 3040 viewsjojaca

What do you expect when they shut everything down for two years and they are still inviting every Tom, Dick and Harry to the Island.

Even when you know, you never know?

Wales NHS on 19:26 - Jun 23 with 3031 viewsraynor94

Wales NHS on 19:22 - Jun 23 by jojaca

What do you expect when they shut everything down for two years and they are still inviting every Tom, Dick and Harry to the Island.

The figures were just as bad before Covid, Drakeford is welcoming Tom Dick and Harry with open arms

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales NHS on 19:34 - Jun 23 with 3017 views73__73

County Jim will be along shortly to tell you all, how wrong you all are, and that labour are doing a magnificent job in wales
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 21:13]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Wales NHS on 19:39 - Jun 23 with 3018 viewsswan65split

I was talking to someone at the ferry terminal in Caen last week , as we were both struggling mobility wise, he was horrified to learn the it would take the Welsh NHS 7 years to get back to pre covid waiting times
Wales NHS on 19:42 - Jun 23 with 3007 viewsLorax

Wales NHS on 19:26 - Jun 23 by raynor94

The figures were just as bad before Covid, Drakeford is welcoming Tom Dick and Harry with open arms

The gilded few, the politicians and the rich, they don't notice these problems. The rich just pay for treatment and the politicians are VIP's so they won't wait for an ambulance, they won't wait 5 years for an operation. They'd be straight in.

Don't get me started on this one, 5 years and 3 months to get a hip replacement and even then I think I'd still have waited longer if I hadn't threatened legal action.
Wales NHS on 19:54 - Jun 23 with 2986 viewsbritferry

Lack of home carers means that the average stay in hospital in Wales is 7 days, its 5 in England, that means we can't get people in to beds from A&E, which in turn means that we can't empty the ambulances, which means our ambulances are tied up waiting instead of out picking up new causalities.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Login to get fewer ads

Wales NHS on 20:53 - Jun 23 with 2941 viewsBoundy

Wales NHS on 19:54 - Jun 23 by britferry

Lack of home carers means that the average stay in hospital in Wales is 7 days, its 5 in England, that means we can't get people in to beds from A&E, which in turn means that we can't empty the ambulances, which means our ambulances are tied up waiting instead of out picking up new causalities.

I have a feeling this thread will die a death due to those who believe that the supporters of those in Cardiff acknowledge in secret the short comings of our administration but won't publicly acknowledge it

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Wales NHS on 21:07 - Jun 23 with 2927 viewsGwyn737

I think this goes at least some way to explaining the massive disparities in the system.

I lost my old man last week, 9 weeks from cancer diagnosis to gone.

In that period his treatment was exemplary. I really mean brilliant. Hugely impressive by all services involved.

A fortnight ago my aunt fell down the stairs and badly hurt her back. 8 1/2 hours for the ambulance the outside Morrison for 20 hours!

Chalk and cheese.
Wales NHS on 21:13 - Jun 23 with 2919 viewsLorax

Wales NHS on 20:53 - Jun 23 by Boundy

I have a feeling this thread will die a death due to those who believe that the supporters of those in Cardiff acknowledge in secret the short comings of our administration but won't publicly acknowledge it

it's only when you openly challenge those people that they post on such threads. Then we usually end up "but Westminster" comments. As if Westminster being utter rubbish means (in any way) the Senedd is not entirely hopeless.
Wales NHS on 21:18 - Jun 23 with 2914 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Wales NHS on 21:13 - Jun 23 by Lorax

it's only when you openly challenge those people that they post on such threads. Then we usually end up "but Westminster" comments. As if Westminster being utter rubbish means (in any way) the Senedd is not entirely hopeless.

Westminster is utter rubbish, but the Senedd has waiting times double those of utter rubbish so I guess that's utter, utter rubbish for the Senedd.

This really is a scandal.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Wales NHS on 21:27 - Jun 23 with 2887 viewstrampie

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/nhs-wales-badly-run-by-labour-or-underfu

There we are 'fact checked', Wales done by Westminster, England get too much in comparison to Wales, Wales doesn't get enough because the Barnett formula is not based on need, when obviously it should be.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 21:34]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales NHS on 21:31 - Jun 23 with 2873 viewsmajorraglan

There are lots of issues impacting on healthcare provision and it’s becoming a huge vicious circle wherever outcomes are deteriorating and the pandemic hasn’t helped.

The lack of home carers is a huge problem, patients can’t be discharged because care packages can’t be arranged which in turn results in bed blockages. Emergency patients in A&E who are waiting to be admitted (generally the seriously unwell) then have to wait in A&E until a bed becomes available, ambulances cant discharge their patient because there is no room at the inn while the public in the reception have to wait their turn. There are finite levels of staff and equipment and when they’re all being utilised that’s it.

We’ve an ageing population, Wales has the highest percentage of over 65s in any of the 4 UK countries and the highest percentage of over 85s who are the mostly costly to care for. Factor in social deprivation and poverty which are other significant factors and the challenge becomes even bigger. Some moved in to the area when they were a lot younger, are now older, don’t have any support networks in the area and can’t move back nearer to family due to changes in property values.

While most of us call Wales home and think it’s a great place, Health Boards have difficulty recruiting staff including consultants and GP’s. Generally, trainee doctors want to work in large training hospitals where consultants use the latest cutting edge technology and where lots of research takes place, London, Bristol or Stoke etc against our hospitals is a no brainer. In terms of GP recruitment proximity to major hospitals is a major advantage (again learning environments etc), we have a nice environment and beaches etc, but not the cultural stuff etc.

Recruiting and retaining nurses is a massive problem and to be fair to the WG they recognise this. They pay the tuition fee for all nurses studying in Wales IF they commit and work in the Welsh NHS for 2 years after graduating, England don’t do this.

Nurses continue to leave the profession in droves. We’ve just had Covid which has resulted in huge staff burnout, on top of that pay and conditions are poor, working on wards is hard going very often staff to patient ratios are very high and retaining staff is a huge issue.

A newly qualified band 5 staff nurse is on £25k per year ( approx £12.90 per hour) while a top line band 5 nurse is on £31,000 (£15.90 per hour) - they carry a lot of responsibility for the cash. Healthcare workers, who are amongst the hardest grafters with hands on patient contact earn just shy of £20k per year of £10.20 per hour. If they freelance and do short notice agency shifts in care homes ( to cover shortfalls in staffing) they can get north of £16 per hour. Nurses are also voting with their feet, more are doing agency shifts and leaving the NHS.

I’m not absolving the WG of blame, but it’s wrong to look at it in isolation and just point the figure at the WG. There has to be a joined up approach and a mature conversation about the problems we face and funding is an issue. It’s fair to say those who are wealthy and have a large disposable income can access most services via private healthcare so the eating lists etc don’t affect the people in London who control the main purse strings.

I agree with the OP re more AM’s in Cardiff - it should never happen.

[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 21:43]
Wales NHS on 21:39 - Jun 23 with 2836 viewsFlashberryjack

Wales NHS on 21:31 - Jun 23 by majorraglan

There are lots of issues impacting on healthcare provision and it’s becoming a huge vicious circle wherever outcomes are deteriorating and the pandemic hasn’t helped.

The lack of home carers is a huge problem, patients can’t be discharged because care packages can’t be arranged which in turn results in bed blockages. Emergency patients in A&E who are waiting to be admitted (generally the seriously unwell) then have to wait in A&E until a bed becomes available, ambulances cant discharge their patient because there is no room at the inn while the public in the reception have to wait their turn. There are finite levels of staff and equipment and when they’re all being utilised that’s it.

We’ve an ageing population, Wales has the highest percentage of over 65s in any of the 4 UK countries and the highest percentage of over 85s who are the mostly costly to care for. Factor in social deprivation and poverty which are other significant factors and the challenge becomes even bigger. Some moved in to the area when they were a lot younger, are now older, don’t have any support networks in the area and can’t move back nearer to family due to changes in property values.

While most of us call Wales home and think it’s a great place, Health Boards have difficulty recruiting staff including consultants and GP’s. Generally, trainee doctors want to work in large training hospitals where consultants use the latest cutting edge technology and where lots of research takes place, London, Bristol or Stoke etc against our hospitals is a no brainer. In terms of GP recruitment proximity to major hospitals is a major advantage (again learning environments etc), we have a nice environment and beaches etc, but not the cultural stuff etc.

Recruiting and retaining nurses is a massive problem and to be fair to the WG they recognise this. They pay the tuition fee for all nurses studying in Wales IF they commit and work in the Welsh NHS for 2 years after graduating, England don’t do this.

Nurses continue to leave the profession in droves. We’ve just had Covid which has resulted in huge staff burnout, on top of that pay and conditions are poor, working on wards is hard going very often staff to patient ratios are very high and retaining staff is a huge issue.

A newly qualified band 5 staff nurse is on £25k per year ( approx £12.90 per hour) while a top line band 5 nurse is on £31,000 (£15.90 per hour) - they carry a lot of responsibility for the cash. Healthcare workers, who are amongst the hardest grafters with hands on patient contact earn just shy of £20k per year of £10.20 per hour. If they freelance and do short notice agency shifts in care homes ( to cover shortfalls in staffing) they can get north of £16 per hour. Nurses are also voting with their feet, more are doing agency shifts and leaving the NHS.

I’m not absolving the WG of blame, but it’s wrong to look at it in isolation and just point the figure at the WG. There has to be a joined up approach and a mature conversation about the problems we face and funding is an issue. It’s fair to say those who are wealthy and have a large disposable income can access most services via private healthcare so the eating lists etc don’t affect the people in London who control the main purse strings.

If that's not trying to absolve the WG, it certainly looks like it to me.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wales NHS on 21:41 - Jun 23 with 2830 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

My frustration is that this is a long time in the making, all these issues are long standing and money is wasted on projects such as Cardiff Airport. It is important to look at budgets and performance in the round.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Wales NHS on 21:48 - Jun 23 with 2804 viewsmajorraglan

Wales NHS on 21:07 - Jun 23 by Gwyn737

I think this goes at least some way to explaining the massive disparities in the system.

I lost my old man last week, 9 weeks from cancer diagnosis to gone.

In that period his treatment was exemplary. I really mean brilliant. Hugely impressive by all services involved.

A fortnight ago my aunt fell down the stairs and badly hurt her back. 8 1/2 hours for the ambulance the outside Morrison for 20 hours!

Chalk and cheese.

I’m really sorry to hear about your father. Hope you and your loved ones are ok. Remember the hood times and try to stay positive. Take care.
Wales NHS on 22:03 - Jun 23 with 2769 viewsmajorraglan

Wales NHS on 21:39 - Jun 23 by Flashberryjack

If that's not trying to absolve the WG, it certainly looks like it to me.

No mate it isn’t, it’s just pointing out the facts.

Unlike most people on here, I’ve actually got experience of working in the NHS and I’ve seen the issues at first hand. I’ve also been an NHS patient so I’ve seen it from both sides.

I’m not a dyed in the wool ingrained person who’s always worked in the NHS who can see no wrong with it because that’s not the case, I went in to the NHS about a year ago after a lengthy career in another field and I’ll be leaving in a few months when my contract expires.

I’m not saying the NHS is perfect because it isn’t, but by enlarge most of the staff I’ve worked with have been excellent and committed to delivering high levels of patent care, but they can only do so much. We need a joined up approach between healthcare and social care and a frank conversation about what we’re prepared to pay for and what we want delivered because the money going in to the NHS isn’t enough to meet the demand for service.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 22:24]
Wales NHS on 22:07 - Jun 23 with 2755 viewsBryanSwan

Wales NHS on 21:13 - Jun 23 by Lorax

There are two ends to that spectrum on here, don't forget the UK gov love in and the tories can do no wrong mob.

Welsh NHS is underfunded, that is a UK gov blame.
Senedd mismange these funds, thats is Senedd blame.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Wales NHS on 23:15 - Jun 23 with 2715 viewsjack_lord

Wales NHS on 22:07 - Jun 23 by BryanSwan

There are two ends to that spectrum on here, don't forget the UK gov love in and the tories can do no wrong mob.

Wales had its peculiar demographic issues.
Wales suffers from under funding.
Wales has an incompetent Senedd.

However, Wales had issues that were bad before devolution. It has not got any better.
We don't have the private sector with the money grabbers that reduces the effect on NHS England.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Wales NHS on 06:36 - Jun 24 with 2669 viewsBoundy

Wales NHS on 22:07 - Jun 23 by BryanSwan

I'd add ,the love in with the Senedd is the bigger issue, what's the point of squandering money on an airport , buying tranches of land and farms ,failing in nearly all aspects of the pandemic and with it lasting consequences ,all of which can be put solely at their door .The amount of money wasted by this and previous administration is a scandal and will continue until the populace open their eyes to what's happening

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Wales NHS on 06:47 - Jun 24 with 2663 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wales NHS on 23:15 - Jun 23 by jack_lord

Wales had its peculiar demographic issues.
Wales suffers from under funding.
Wales has an incompetent Senedd.

However, Wales had issues that were bad before devolution. It has not got any better.
We don't have the private sector with the money grabbers that reduces the effect on NHS England.

Wales is not underfunded it receives over £3000 per person extra from the UK GOVERNMENT each year. How the Senedd choses to spend it is another problem.
Wales demographic issues are very similar to England.
There are private hospitals in Wales which are performing very including one in SA1 which treats NHS patients at a lower cost than the Welsh NHS treats them. This is because it is modern, efficient, and has more medical staff than administrators

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Wales NHS on 07:17 - Jun 24 with 2640 viewsjojaca

Surely in a real pandemic with folks sitting on their arse collecting furlong. Those people should have been retrained has emergency cover for the frontline nurses.

Even when you know, you never know?

Wales NHS on 07:25 - Jun 24 with 2623 viewstrampie

Wales NHS on 06:47 - Jun 24 by felixstowe_jack

Wales is not underfunded it receives over £3000 per person extra from the UK GOVERNMENT each year. How the Senedd choses to spend it is another problem.
Wales demographic issues are very similar to England.
There are private hospitals in Wales which are performing very including one in SA1 which treats NHS patients at a lower cost than the Welsh NHS treats them. This is because it is modern, efficient, and has more medical staff than administrators

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/nhs-wales-badly-run-by-labour-or-underfu

Perhaps you missed this 'fact checked' post I previously put up, so here it is again, at the time of the 'fact check' it was worked out on a 'needs based formula' that Westminster needs to spend over £180 more on each person in Wales.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 7:26]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales NHS on 07:54 - Jun 24 with 2599 viewsBryanSwan

Wales NHS on 06:36 - Jun 24 by Boundy

I'd add ,the love in with the Senedd is the bigger issue, what's the point of squandering money on an airport , buying tranches of land and farms ,failing in nearly all aspects of the pandemic and with it lasting consequences ,all of which can be put solely at their door .The amount of money wasted by this and previous administration is a scandal and will continue until the populace open their eyes to what's happening

I completely agree that senedd is run pretty terribly. Lots of mismanagement and wasted resources.
This isn't just a Wales problem though, we are paying towards HS2 and what a shambles that is.

I think my general opinion is that Wales does not receive adequate funding from UK gov, but we don't spend that money as effectively as we could.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024