Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales NHS 18:47 - Jun 23 with 6613 viewsraynor94

What an absolute disgrace, over 700,000 on the waiting list, waiting times have increased month on month for the last 2 years.

Cancer waiting times worsen, 12 hour waits at A&E.

And these clowns who run it, want to add more members to the trough!

You couldn't make it up

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales NHS on 17:49 - Jun 24 with 1294 viewstrampie

Wales NHS on 15:26 - Jun 24 by Whiterockin

Under labour in Wales

Under Conservatives in Westminster.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales NHS on 17:56 - Jun 24 with 1289 viewsshingle

There is just one Neurologist covering the whole of the Hywel Dda Board area which means up two two years to see him on the Nhs sadly an early diagnosis of something like a brain tumour is now becoming less and less of an occurrence.
Wales NHS on 19:08 - Jun 24 with 1243 viewsjack_lord

Wales NHS on 15:09 - Jun 24 by Whiterockin

That's 5 years out of date.

You think much has changed in that 5 years?
The same conclusion basically 5 years on.
Forget the narrative and bias of the anti Labour brigade.
Fact checkers are a useful tool to remove the discrimination.

It wont matter though, the tory posters will continue to post the skewed headlines and regurgitate false statistics.

Disclaimer - I think that the Senedd is a load of tripe and a massive duplication and waste of resources.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Wales NHS on 19:12 - Jun 24 with 1241 viewsjack_lord

Wales NHS on 15:23 - Jun 24 by onehunglow

Move then.

Perhaps he doesn't want to feel that dirty.

Wales NHS on 19:36 - Jun 24 with 1209 viewsmajorraglan

People need to realise this isn’t just a Wales thing, it’s across the UK and it’s a culmination of issues including underfunding going back years. There are huge disparities in service delivery in England and the worst performing areas have the highest number of elderly people. Wales has the highest proportion of elderly people in the UK and the costs associated with looking after the elderly are much higher than the younger population. The larger the proportion of older people, the greater the proportion of the budget they will need.

Unfortunately I fear things are going to get worse before they get better. Hospitals are generally huge buildings, heating them to a temperature which keeps older people warm requires a lot of energy; as costs increase it could mean proportions of the health budget will have to be diverted from patient care to pay utility bills. Ambulance services are also likely to see fuel expenditure costs go up significantly as are the police etc. Balancing the books becomes more challenging and unless additional funding is made available the shortfalls can only be made up from savings in other areas which potentially means staff cuts as that’s probably the biggest expense, or other income generation including the sale of land /buildings.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1612355/nhs-waiting-list-age-key-factor-dispar
Wales NHS on 19:39 - Jun 24 with 1204 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wales NHS on 21:41 - Jun 23 by JACKMANANDBOY

My frustration is that this is a long time in the making, all these issues are long standing and money is wasted on projects such as Cardiff Airport. It is important to look at budgets and performance in the round.

I flew into Cardiff in the early hours of yesterday morning - if there’s been any more money spent there it’s been to make the stairs up to arrivals (still have to get off on the tarmac) have been made to look like the inside of a castle tower I kid you not!

Going out I had an awful breakfast where I was told fried eggs were unavailable but scrambled were and generally looks the same since the last time I used it going up to Newcastle with the Swans (can’t remember when).

The only plus point - it’s so unpopular there aren’t many queues.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wales NHS on 19:43 - Jun 24 with 1203 viewsmajorraglan

Wales NHS on 11:22 - Jun 24 by Boundy

Just had text message from a family member saying my mum 91 and in capable of movement has to go to hospital as her general condition has deteriorated,minimum 12 hour waiting time for an ambulance ,defend that if any one dare

Hope your mum has been taken to hospital and is getting the care she needs, best wishes.

I won’t for 1 minute defend the Welsh Ambulance Trust, unfortunately the situation you describe is one that’s frequently been highlighted in the media - the system is failing.
Wales NHS on 19:44 - Jun 24 with 1202 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Wales NHS on 19:39 - Jun 24 by Brynmill_Jack

I flew into Cardiff in the early hours of yesterday morning - if there’s been any more money spent there it’s been to make the stairs up to arrivals (still have to get off on the tarmac) have been made to look like the inside of a castle tower I kid you not!

Going out I had an awful breakfast where I was told fried eggs were unavailable but scrambled were and generally looks the same since the last time I used it going up to Newcastle with the Swans (can’t remember when).

The only plus point - it’s so unpopular there aren’t many queues.

At least all those millions were spent on you!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Wales NHS on 20:22 - Jun 24 with 1181 viewsBoundy

Wales NHS on 19:43 - Jun 24 by majorraglan

Hope your mum has been taken to hospital and is getting the care she needs, best wishes.

I won’t for 1 minute defend the Welsh Ambulance Trust, unfortunately the situation you describe is one that’s frequently been highlighted in the media - the system is failing.

Thanks but we're still waiting ,yet another apology from the ambulance service about the delay but due to demand yaddy ya , we can't move her due to her condition and she desperately needs to be on a drip to get fluids into her and to find out what's wrong , not sure how many hours it's been so far but they can't give us a time of arrival, if at all .I've just got back from a holiday 4,000 miles away and the journey is quicker than anything the NHS can provide,so yes I'm angry ,f****** angry

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Wales NHS on 20:35 - Jun 24 with 1175 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Wales NHS on 20:22 - Jun 24 by Boundy

Thanks but we're still waiting ,yet another apology from the ambulance service about the delay but due to demand yaddy ya , we can't move her due to her condition and she desperately needs to be on a drip to get fluids into her and to find out what's wrong , not sure how many hours it's been so far but they can't give us a time of arrival, if at all .I've just got back from a holiday 4,000 miles away and the journey is quicker than anything the NHS can provide,so yes I'm angry ,f****** angry

All the best Boundy. We had a similar incident to manage I fully understand your anger.

Wales NHS on 20:58 - Jun 24 with 1158 viewsmajorraglan

Wales NHS on 20:22 - Jun 24 by Boundy

Have you tried to escalate it to a duty manager or ask for a first responder to come an assess mum in the absence of an ambulance? Get names especially that of the manager and tell them you’ll be complaining. If that doesn’t work, contact NHS111 and ask them to arrange a GP home visit ASAP. Got to be worth a try.

Good luck and best wishes.
Wales NHS on 13:53 - Jun 25 with 1087 viewsBoundy

Wales NHS on 20:58 - Jun 24 by majorraglan

Have you tried to escalate it to a duty manager or ask for a first responder to come an assess mum in the absence of an ambulance? Get names especially that of the manager and tell them you’ll be complaining. If that doesn’t work, contact NHS111 and ask them to arrange a GP home visit ASAP. Got to be worth a try.

Good luck and best wishes.

Thanks both , it finally arrived this morning at 0700 and credit due to both ( as always ) , professional in the extreme , currently in Singleton for assessment and tests , shortly after our arrival another 11 ambulances were due to arrive ,it's not the staff but the system constraints which need urgent attention

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Wales NHS on 14:22 - Jun 25 with 1070 viewscontroversial_jack

Wales NHS on 13:53 - Jun 25 by Boundy

Thanks both , it finally arrived this morning at 0700 and credit due to both ( as always ) , professional in the extreme , currently in Singleton for assessment and tests , shortly after our arrival another 11 ambulances were due to arrive ,it's not the staff but the system constraints which need urgent attention

All the best to your mum and hope she makes a speedy recovery. My mother is 90, and has had many cancers, and has had excellent care from the NHS and has been given a clean bill of health.

I agree though, the system is not good, but it's nationwide and not just Wales.
Wales NHS on 15:02 - Jun 25 with 1044 viewsFlashberryjack

Wales NHS on 14:22 - Jun 25 by controversial_jack

All the best to your mum and hope she makes a speedy recovery. My mother is 90, and has had many cancers, and has had excellent care from the NHS and has been given a clean bill of health.

I agree though, the system is not good, but it's nationwide and not just Wales.

Yes It is nationwide, but the Welsh NHS is preforming far worst than any of the others, and it has been for some considerable time.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wales NHS on 18:09 - Jun 25 with 986 viewstrampie

Blydi hell they live a long time in Swansea, two posters talking about a parent in their 90s, OHL always off about his family and didn't his parents also live to a ripe old age, it must be the sea air, my lot up the valleys did not live even half as long.

Wales has a lot of old people but Westminster doesn't seem to care.

PS Best of luck to Boundy's mum.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 18:10]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Wales NHS on 20:45 - Jun 25 with 948 viewsjack_lord

Wales NHS on 15:02 - Jun 25 by Flashberryjack

Yes It is nationwide, but the Welsh NHS is preforming far worst than any of the others, and it has been for some considerable time.

Can I ask you to qualify what you mean by the Welsh NHS performing far worse than any of the others?

There is no doubt it is suffering but the others are too.

My colleague told me that they were at a hospital in Gloucester yesterday and there were 15 ambulances waiting outside with 12 hour waits.

Wales NHS on 21:04 - Jun 25 with 930 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Wales NHS on 20:45 - Jun 25 by jack_lord

Can I ask you to qualify what you mean by the Welsh NHS performing far worse than any of the others?

There is no doubt it is suffering but the others are too.

My colleague told me that they were at a hospital in Gloucester yesterday and there were 15 ambulances waiting outside with 12 hour waits.

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/news-item/how-well-is-the-nhs-in-wales-performi

Here's the Nuffield, report. Wales NHS falling behind on many indicators. Towards the end you'll see a sentence that says that the Senedd has not prioritised NHS spending in the same way as England.

Wales NHS on 00:50 - Jun 26 with 898 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wales NHS on 19:44 - Jun 24 by JACKMANANDBOY

At least all those millions were spent on you!

But they still can’t fry an egg - they can scrambled one though. What the f*ck is that about seriously???

And their sausages had teeth breaking gristle/bone fragments. I’ll eat in a cafe outside next time

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wales NHS on 01:34 - Jun 26 with 888 viewsJack123

Wales NHS on 00:50 - Jun 26 by Brynmill_Jack

But they still can’t fry an egg - they can scrambled one though. What the f*ck is that about seriously???

And their sausages had teeth breaking gristle/bone fragments. I’ll eat in a cafe outside next time

Perhaps they didn't have a frying pan available? Frying an egg for me is a lot easier than scrambled.

Although I have totally mucked up my latest scrambled eggs cooking, the constituency is the key, I have ferked it much lately, and I think the blame lies mainly with the cooking time of the toast..

libera nos a malo

Wales NHS on 08:36 - Jun 26 with 839 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wales NHS on 21:04 - Jun 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/news-item/how-well-is-the-nhs-in-wales-performi

Here's the Nuffield, report. Wales NHS falling behind on many indicators. Towards the end you'll see a sentence that says that the Senedd has not prioritised NHS spending in the same way as England.

A pretty daming report for both Wales and Scotland.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Wales NHS on 08:38 - Jun 26 with 824 viewstrampie

Not enough money from central government, Welsh putting money into care services.

Wales NHS on 08:43 - Jun 26 with 813 viewsWhiterockin

Wales NHS on 08:38 - Jun 26 by trampie

Not enough money from central government, Welsh putting money into care services.

Is that why there is bed blocking in hospitals, because the care in the community is not available to get people out of hospitals?
Wales NHS on 12:19 - Jun 26 with 767 viewsjack_lord

Wales NHS on 21:04 - Jun 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

It is an indicative reading and draws light on what we suspect and can remove individual bias when you analyse the data.
My own conclusion is that Wales is certainly not performing "far worse" but is certainly not as well as England. Scotland and NI are certainly worse when you compare the funding etc;

The Conclusion in the report should be worth noting.
"It is clear that patients in Wales generally wait longer for care than their English counterparts. Looking at basic data for context suggests two possible causes.

Firstly, although the Welsh NHS receives more money than the English NHS per patient, this may not be enough more to account for an older population with a higher mortality rate.

It should be noted that total public spending in Wales — around 15% higher — is more in line with estimates of higher NHS need. The Welsh government has simply chosen not to focus its budget on health to the same extent as governments in London, who over the past decade have increased English NHS funding while cutting other budgets. These are not easy choices to make. This period in England has seen a dire situation emerge in social care, something it was outside the remit of this short project to compare.

A second reason may be that the NHS in Wales is less efficient or less focused on delivering timely care. While it may be influenced by the kinds of procedures people need, length of stay data appears to suggest that Wales is taking much longer to get patients treated and safely discharged. This may explain why it struggles to admit patients as quickly despite having many more beds. The OECD, in a review six years ago, warned that Welsh health boards lacked the capacity to drive improvement and innovation, and that central government needed to do more to support them and hold them to account.

There are very difficult years ahead for the NHS in Wales. Like its counterparts across the UK and Europe, it has seen burnout and delays from Covid-19 worsen what were already chronic problems with staffing and waiting times. But this should not stop difficult questions from being raised."

*Data analysis for this research was carried out by Sophie Flinders, Sarah Scobie, Billy Palmer, Jessica Morris, John Appleby and Liz Fisher.

So pretty much what has been said.

Wales NHS on 14:04 - Jun 26 with 743 viewscontroversial_jack

Wales NHS on 08:43 - Jun 26 by Whiterockin

Is that why there is bed blocking in hospitals, because the care in the community is not available to get people out of hospitals?

Yes, that is a big factor
Wales NHS on 14:22 - Jun 26 with 726 viewsmajorraglan

Wales NHS on 08:43 - Jun 26 by Whiterockin

I’d say it has to be a factor. We’ve already got a higher proportion of older people than the other home countries and were continuing to see increased numbers of older people moving in to Wales from more expensive and developed areas like the South East.

Places like West Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion ( more rural areas) are very popular, their less busy, very friendly and property is cheaper, but the support mechanisms are more difficult to maintain. Delivering patient support /care can be difficult with extended traveling times and the distance between population centres can be large - delivering services can be expensive and difficult.

It’s not always the case, but quite often when retired couples move to Wales leaving family behind elsewhere, if something happens to 1 the second is left on their own. House price changes mean they can’t move back to be nearer family and as they get older they end up on their own and become very dependent on social care. It’s very sad.

There are no easy answers, we need to have mature conversations about the issues we face anD how we can improve the problems.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024