Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales NHS 18:47 - Jun 23 with 6615 viewsraynor94

What an absolute disgrace, over 700,000 on the waiting list, waiting times have increased month on month for the last 2 years.

Cancer waiting times worsen, 12 hour waits at A&E.

And these clowns who run it, want to add more members to the trough!

You couldn't make it up

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales NHS on 08:58 - Jun 24 with 1098 viewstrampie

Wales gets a bad deal from Westminster, Wales only gets crumbs off the table, in a properly functioning state Wales would get an awful lot more than it currently gets from Westminster, a properly functioning state would be based on need.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales NHS on 09:05 - Jun 24 with 1083 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wales NHS on 08:58 - Jun 24 by trampie

Wales gets a bad deal from Westminster, Wales only gets crumbs off the table, in a properly functioning state Wales would get an awful lot more than it currently gets from Westminster, a properly functioning state would be based on need.

Wales gets a huge subsidy of £12 billion a year from the UK government. The fact that the senedd waste a lot of it, particularly in Cardiff, is not the fault of Westminster. They are large areas in England that are poorer than Wales and have Equal needs.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Wales NHS on 09:22 - Jun 24 with 1062 viewstrampie

Wales NHS on 09:05 - Jun 24 by felixstowe_jack

Wales gets a huge subsidy of £12 billion a year from the UK government. The fact that the senedd waste a lot of it, particularly in Cardiff, is not the fault of Westminster. They are large areas in England that are poorer than Wales and have Equal needs.

Wales doesn't get enough from Westminster based on need, that is the be all and end all of it.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Wales NHS on 09:46 - Jun 24 with 1040 viewsBoundy

Wales NHS on 09:22 - Jun 24 by trampie

Wales doesn't get enough from Westminster based on need, that is the be all and end all of it.

Just because you say it is doesn't make it so

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Wales NHS on 09:57 - Jun 24 with 1027 viewstrampie

Wales NHS on 09:46 - Jun 24 by Boundy

Just because you say it is doesn't make it so

Fact checkers say so.

Wales NHS on 09:59 - Jun 24 with 1025 viewsBoundy

Wales NHS on 09:57 - Jun 24 by trampie

Fact checkers say so.

Link please

Wales NHS on 10:19 - Jun 24 with 1015 viewsDr_Winston

Let's be honest, even if somehow the WG were entitled to more cash they'd only spaff it away subsidising airports, buying farms or lining the sewers of Cardiff with Gold whilst people in West Wales die from lack of nearby emergency care.

Perhaps it's best if Westminster tries to limit the damage the Senedd can do.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 10:19]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales NHS on 10:21 - Jun 24 with 1005 viewsWhiterockin

Wales NHS on 10:19 - Jun 24 by Dr_Winston

Let's be honest, even if somehow the WG were entitled to more cash they'd only spaff it away subsidising airports, buying farms or lining the sewers of Cardiff with Gold whilst people in West Wales die from lack of nearby emergency care.

Perhaps it's best if Westminster tries to limit the damage the Senedd can do.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 10:19]

Add in planting trees and introducing speed limits below what is required for safety and environmental measures.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales NHS on 10:30 - Jun 24 with 993 viewsCountyJim

Wales NHS on 19:34 - Jun 23 by 73__73

County Jim will be along shortly to tell you all, how wrong you all are, and that labour are doing a magnificent job in wales
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 21:13]

I can't put what I feel I'm employed by the Welsh NHS
Wales NHS on 10:43 - Jun 24 with 975 viewsLorax

Wales NHS on 07:54 - Jun 24 by BryanSwan

I completely agree that senedd is run pretty terribly. Lots of mismanagement and wasted resources.
This isn't just a Wales problem though, we are paying towards HS2 and what a shambles that is.

I think my general opinion is that Wales does not receive adequate funding from UK gov, but we don't spend that money as effectively as we could.

The only part of England that gets more money per head than Wales, is London. There is an obsession (not just in the UK) with making the capital city better. As if having a successful capital city is enough!
It happens here in Wales, they seem to think making the capital a shining beacon means they are doing a good job when in reality governments across the world are letting down vast sections of their countries.
It's a form of trickle down economics, Cardiff is doing well so Wales will do well and it's a stupid notion that is proven to be wrong. Trickle down doesn't work, the vast majority of wealth and reward stays in the capital, stays with the rich.

It proves that politicians, regardless of party, are dumb because the tories in Westminster operate on this theory and the Senedd under labour follow this ideology too. As a result the majority of the Uk is being let down because of tunnel vision and greed.
Wales NHS on 10:54 - Jun 24 with 961 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wales NHS on 10:43 - Jun 24 by Lorax

The only part of England that gets more money per head than Wales, is London. There is an obsession (not just in the UK) with making the capital city better. As if having a successful capital city is enough!
It happens here in Wales, they seem to think making the capital a shining beacon means they are doing a good job when in reality governments across the world are letting down vast sections of their countries.
It's a form of trickle down economics, Cardiff is doing well so Wales will do well and it's a stupid notion that is proven to be wrong. Trickle down doesn't work, the vast majority of wealth and reward stays in the capital, stays with the rich.

It proves that politicians, regardless of party, are dumb because the tories in Westminster operate on this theory and the Senedd under labour follow this ideology too. As a result the majority of the Uk is being let down because of tunnel vision and greed.

Correct I agree with you 8 out of the 9 English regions get less per head of the population than Wales.

Wales NHS on 11:19 - Jun 24 with 939 viewsBoundy

Wales NHS on 10:30 - Jun 24 by CountyJim

You're anonymous to most on here so spill the beans

Wales NHS on 11:22 - Jun 24 with 936 viewsBoundy

Wales NHS on 11:19 - Jun 24 by Boundy

Just had text message from a family member saying my mum 91 and in capable of movement has to go to hospital as her general condition has deteriorated,minimum 12 hour waiting time for an ambulance ,defend that if any one dare

Wales NHS on 11:37 - Jun 24 with 922 viewsCountyJim

Wales NHS on 11:19 - Jun 24 by Boundy

There's been people called to office for putting stuff on SM one person sacked also my time in steelworks men where sacked for stupid comments on SM

If you work for someone common sense says you don't put stuff on SM about your job but some can't help themselves and one medical staff member up country put photos of someone they were supposed to be caring for on SM

People are thick
Wales NHS on 11:54 - Jun 24 with 901 viewsBryanSwan

Wales NHS on 10:43 - Jun 24 by Lorax

Not to bang the drum, but funding based on £ per head isnt a great way of calculating funding as different regions will have different funding needs. (Population age, density etc).
I agree with you there though the whole of politics is one big corrupt cabal. Nothing ever improves despite UK and Welsh gov both always promising to do so.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Wales NHS on 13:55 - Jun 24 with 867 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wales NHS on 11:54 - Jun 24 by BryanSwan

Not to bang the drum, but funding based on £ per head isnt a great way of calculating funding as different regions will have different funding needs. (Population age, density etc).
I agree with you there though the whole of politics is one big corrupt cabal. Nothing ever improves despite UK and Welsh gov both always promising to do so.

The funding criteria is not actually done on a per head basis but on basis of needs . What then happens afterwards is everyone divides the amount received by the population of that region

The Barnett formula first introduced used this as a basis for its initial block grants. Since then the average annual increase matches the government spending increase. No doubt the Barnett formula could be reset based on needs in 2022. Just image the outrage in Scotland or Wales if their increases were not same or heaven forbid there was a small reduction

Wales NHS on 14:04 - Jun 24 with 858 viewsBryanSwan

Wales NHS on 13:55 - Jun 24 by felixstowe_jack

The funding criteria is not actually done on a per head basis but on basis of needs . What then happens afterwards is everyone divides the amount received by the population of that region

The Barnett formula first introduced used this as a basis for its initial block grants. Since then the average annual increase matches the government spending increase. No doubt the Barnett formula could be reset based on needs in 2022. Just image the outrage in Scotland or Wales if their increases were not same or heaven forbid there was a small reduction

Yes, you are right was just trying to say that comparing for example Eng £1000ph Wales £1010ph is not a great way to see if they are receiving the right amount of funding.
The formula definitely needs updating and all health services need a bump in funding.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Wales NHS on 15:00 - Jun 24 with 827 viewstrampie

Wales NHS on 10:54 - Jun 24 by felixstowe_jack

Correct I agree with you 8 out of the 9 English regions get less per head of the population than Wales.

They are not as old as the population where in Wales.

Wales NHS on 15:03 - Jun 24 with 816 viewstrampie

Wales NHS on 09:59 - Jun 24 by Boundy

Link please

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/nhs-wales-badly-run-by-labour-or-underfu

Wales NHS on 15:09 - Jun 24 with 799 viewsWhiterockin

Wales NHS on 15:03 - Jun 24 by trampie

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/nhs-wales-badly-run-by-labour-or-underfu

That's 5 years out of date.
Wales NHS on 15:18 - Jun 24 with 772 viewstrampie

Wales NHS on 15:09 - Jun 24 by Whiterockin

That's 5 years out of date.

And things are getting worse.

Wales NHS on 15:23 - Jun 24 with 771 viewsonehunglow

Wales NHS on 15:18 - Jun 24 by trampie

Move then.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales NHS on 15:26 - Jun 24 with 765 viewsWhiterockin

Wales NHS on 15:18 - Jun 24 by trampie

Under labour in Wales
Wales NHS on 17:24 - Jun 24 with 715 views73__73

Nonsense. I doubt anyone who works for the nhs has even heard of let alone knows county Jim who posts on a Swansea fans forum. Grow a set of balls ffs.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Wales NHS on 17:40 - Jun 24 with 686 viewsFlashberryjack

Good friend of mine worked (para medic) for the NHS for 30 years, he certainly doesn't share your affection for Drakeford and the Senedd.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024