Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£193 per second 11:18 - Jul 20 with 993 viewsbritferry

That's what Amazon makes in this country with not a penny in corporation tax

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/amazon-used-super-deduction-wipe-27524496

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

£193 per second on 12:00 - Jul 20 with 953 viewskrunchykarrot

I agree we should start taxing them now we have left EU. The only good thing is the low skilled jobs they bring to an area.
£193 per second on 12:02 - Jul 20 with 949 viewsgadgetuk

This is a non-story in my mind. They are opening up new distribution centres that will create 10k new jobs.

Companies have always been able to offset investment costs against profits to minimise tax liabilities.

I'd bet Aston Martin has done similar with its new plant as would most companies.
£193 per second on 16:41 - Jul 20 with 871 viewskrunchykarrot

£193 per second on 12:02 - Jul 20 by gadgetuk

This is a non-story in my mind. They are opening up new distribution centres that will create 10k new jobs.

Companies have always been able to offset investment costs against profits to minimise tax liabilities.

I'd bet Aston Martin has done similar with its new plant as would most companies.

Agree completely gadget, they provide a high percentage of low skilled jobs with fantastic benefits. They also employ large numbers of apprentices in both Engineering and Business taking them to degree level in most instances.

However i still feel that the UK should tax the profit like any other company based here now we have left the EU. Paying 0% corporation tax in Luxemburg is not on IMHO.
£193 per second on 17:16 - Jul 20 with 848 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

£193 per second on 16:41 - Jul 20 by krunchykarrot

Agree completely gadget, they provide a high percentage of low skilled jobs with fantastic benefits. They also employ large numbers of apprentices in both Engineering and Business taking them to degree level in most instances.

However i still feel that the UK should tax the profit like any other company based here now we have left the EU. Paying 0% corporation tax in Luxemburg is not on IMHO.

The issue is also one of fairness though. Of course they create a lot of jobs because they’re a massive company but then a mile down the road you could have a small or medium business who has it’s growth stifled because they’re being clobbered with extortionate business rates and other taxes that Amazon can easily afford but is exempt from.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

£193 per second on 19:09 - Jul 20 with 791 viewsCatullus

£193 per second on 17:16 - Jul 20 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The issue is also one of fairness though. Of course they create a lot of jobs because they’re a massive company but then a mile down the road you could have a small or medium business who has it’s growth stifled because they’re being clobbered with extortionate business rates and other taxes that Amazon can easily afford but is exempt from.

It should be simple, every pound earned in the Uk should be laible for UK tax. The EU, for all its claims, has enabled corporations to massively avoid tax, a problem it hasn't yet managed to fix. When we left the EU we should have looked to fix it straight away but the tories have been looking after their rich friends.

I wonder how many UK politicians are in Bezos' pocket? Anywhere from 0 to 350?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

£193 per second on 19:39 - Jul 20 with 777 viewsBrynmill_Jack

In fairness that’s a lot more than AWCO used to make.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

£193 per second on 20:29 - Jul 20 with 754 viewskrunchykarrot

£193 per second on 17:16 - Jul 20 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

They are huge because they offer a fast reliable service that nearly everyone uses. We are all complicit, in the same way we all go to supermarkets and killed of all local quality Butchers Bakers and candlestick makers etc...
£193 per second on 20:34 - Jul 20 with 751 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

£193 per second on 19:09 - Jul 20 by Catullus

It should be simple, every pound earned in the Uk should be laible for UK tax. The EU, for all its claims, has enabled corporations to massively avoid tax, a problem it hasn't yet managed to fix. When we left the EU we should have looked to fix it straight away but the tories have been looking after their rich friends.

I wonder how many UK politicians are in Bezos' pocket? Anywhere from 0 to 350?

I run a business, if I want to spend money expanding my business, new equipment and another member of staff for example, such expenses should be tax deductable. There's a big difference between earnings and profit.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

£193 per second on 20:47 - Jul 20 with 743 viewsmajorraglan

£193 per second on 20:34 - Jul 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

I run a business, if I want to spend money expanding my business, new equipment and another member of staff for example, such expenses should be tax deductable. There's a big difference between earnings and profit.

I wouldn’t argue with your comments re deductible, but I do believe that any profits generated in the UK should be subject of U.K. tax and not funnelled through a tax haven. Encourage investment, but I’d hammer the tax dodgers.
£193 per second on 08:22 - Jul 21 with 678 viewsgadgetuk

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-11029157/Amazon-paid-nearly-
£193 per second on 10:21 - Jul 21 with 649 viewsCatullus

£193 per second on 20:34 - Jul 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

Being liable for UK tax includes the deductibles. These big companies are much different to small businesses, they are very good at creative accounting, at hiding profits.

The tax laws in this currently were adjusted, under this tory government I think, and the people who helped write them? Four of the biggest accountancy firms in the UK, no wonder big business is getting away with murder while small businesses suffer. Here it is, the story from 2013,

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/apr/26/accountancy-firms-knowledge-tre

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

£193 per second on 11:08 - Jul 21 with 622 viewslifelong

If you had invested a grand in Amazon when they went public in 1997 you would now be a millionaire.
£193 per second on 11:57 - Jul 23 with 502 viewsBrynmill_Jack

They perform so well their owner can take a jolly into outer space.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024