Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie’s Field Of Dreams 19:00 - Jul 20 with 628 viewsSirjohnalot

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/cricket/wigan-starlet-adnan-wins-freddie-flinto

Wonderful programme, especially re the young Afghan lad, Adnan. Asylum seeker, young lad, learnt English in months, incredibly humble and a brilliant player.

This shows why we must fight against the policies of hatred.

Watching this young man being desperate to live here and his wonderful foster mum and dad is humbling
Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 19:20 - Jul 20 with 577 viewsonehunglow

Worry player.
It does show our feckless teens up though.

They don’t know what deprivation ,danger and poverty are about

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 19:43 - Jul 20 with 561 views1983

Love this programme I always wanted to dislike Freddie back in the day but I can't fault the man you can tell he wants to bang their heads together sometimes but it's only because he cares about these lads and the whole Adan story was very sad but good luck to him and his foster mum & dad

Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 20:28 - Jul 20 with 542 viewsSirjohnalot

Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 19:20 - Jul 20 by onehunglow

Worry player.
It does show our feckless teens up though.

They don’t know what deprivation ,danger and poverty are about

Have to completely do agree with you.

One of the lads was homeless at 15. How is that not deprivation danger and poverty ? Another was 14-15 going out and getting drunk with his mates, where are his parents ? That’s how modern slavery can happen.

What this programme showed is what a father figure, team sprit and a bit of guidance can do.

Our teens are not feckless, most need guidance and a chance of the right path.
Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 20:30 - Jul 20 with 536 viewsSirjohnalot

Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 19:43 - Jul 20 by 1983

Love this programme I always wanted to dislike Freddie back in the day but I can't fault the man you can tell he wants to bang their heads together sometimes but it's only because he cares about these lads and the whole Adan story was very sad but good luck to him and his foster mum & dad

It was so upsetting seeing him having to wait for his asylum decision. Hopefully with his foster parents and the support of Lancashire cricket club, he’ll be fine. Very talented lad, so natural.

Stories like his is why I hate this government
Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 08:43 - Jul 21 with 479 viewsonehunglow

Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 20:28 - Jul 20 by Sirjohnalot

Have to completely do agree with you.

One of the lads was homeless at 15. How is that not deprivation danger and poverty ? Another was 14-15 going out and getting drunk with his mates, where are his parents ? That’s how modern slavery can happen.

What this programme showed is what a father figure, team sprit and a bit of guidance can do.

Our teens are not feckless, most need guidance and a chance of the right path.

Well,it’s good to disagree.
I am from another age
Many kids are so utterly so and we ,as a society,are entirely responsible .

Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 11:50 - Jul 21 with 441 viewsSirjohnalot

Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 08:43 - Jul 21 by onehunglow

Well,it’s good to disagree.
I am from another age
Many kids are so utterly so and we ,as a society,are entirely responsible .

I didn’t say we’re utterly responsible but do you not think that preemptive work with kids and moving them away from the path they may be on can only be a good thing ? It’s not all about cracking heads and locking them up.

Like I’ve said before I’ve read the pre sentence reports of some of these kids and their backgrounds are horrible, no wonder at all why some of them go down the wrong path,

Completely agree it’s good to disagree. Have a listen to ‘the rest is politics’ podcast. Really good . You going to Rotherham ?
Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 14:56 - Jul 21 with 403 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Difficult to generalise, having worked with children in care there's a whole spectrum of need and ability. Tailored individual support in areas such as education, accommodation and job skills with the support of mentors seems to most effective approach. Unaccompanied child asylum seekers can be an issue as some adults claim to be children as it is easier to resettle as a child. This puts social services in a difficult position as they have to be wary of placing apparently older people with vulnerable youngsters.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 16:02 - Jul 21 with 380 viewsonehunglow

Freddie’s Field Of Dreams on 11:50 - Jul 21 by Sirjohnalot

I didn’t say we’re utterly responsible but do you not think that preemptive work with kids and moving them away from the path they may be on can only be a good thing ? It’s not all about cracking heads and locking them up.

Like I’ve said before I’ve read the pre sentence reports of some of these kids and their backgrounds are horrible, no wonder at all why some of them go down the wrong path,

Completely agree it’s good to disagree. Have a listen to ‘the rest is politics’ podcast. Really good . You going to Rotherham ?

No,you did not say utterly.I did .
I’ve been to Rotherham before but not to see this game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024