Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you get confused ? 13:10 - Oct 16 with 1043 viewsKeithHaynes

When specific games aren’t mentioned as women or mens football.
It catches me out every day. Is it wrong for the radio etc to just differentiate ?
Just spent a minute searching for Chelsea v Everton, had I known.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Do you get confused ? on 13:17 - Oct 16 with 1023 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yes all the time. The women's team are piggy backing on the men's game for obvious commercial reasons. if they can get 10% of the fans to transition that is 5,000 for Man city for example.

They are two separate sports. We get the nonsense of comparing Harry kane to Kelly Smith or whoever.

Millwall ladies is now something else after they detatched from Millwall FC.

It is interesting that the welsh ladies team was given a lesson in passing and possession by Switzerland the other day. Just like the men were. The FAW spends to much time patting it self on the back instead of improving the technical aspects of Welsh players. Passing ball control tactics. etc.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Do you get confused ? on 13:23 - Oct 16 with 1019 viewsWitneyjack

Yes I do. I have absolutely no interest in watching the ladies game, good luck to them all, but it's not for me. It seems to be a deliberate policy of the media to not mention the gender of the teams playing. Confuses the shit out of me! I still can't get used to listening to female commentators, it just sounds strange in my old head even now after a few years. Even my wife, who has no interest in football, on hearing a lady commentator said it sounds really odd.
Do you get confused ? on 13:27 - Oct 16 with 1010 viewsNotLoyal

They are actually putting up fixtures outside some of the grounds here with no mention of the gender.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Do you get confused ? on 13:49 - Oct 16 with 994 viewsGwyn737

Yes, and it can get frustrating.

However, I’m all for boosting the girls game. It’s so difficult to get girls into sport any advantage needs grabbing hold of.

If you bemoan the woman’s game and at the same time are dismayed about instagram/photoshop type issues, maybe you need have a think.
Do you get confused ? on 13:55 - Oct 16 with 988 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do you get confused ? on 13:49 - Oct 16 by Gwyn737

Yes, and it can get frustrating.

However, I’m all for boosting the girls game. It’s so difficult to get girls into sport any advantage needs grabbing hold of.

If you bemoan the woman’s game and at the same time are dismayed about instagram/photoshop type issues, maybe you need have a think.

"dismayed about instagram / photoshop issues" erm? What does this mean?

I am interested in the concept of domestic partners playing in the same team.

"Andy Davies beats the defender and crosses the ball to 6ft 4 in Kyle Davies his husband and he makes it one nil". It is on its way i suppose. Names are used randomly obviously. ( I made them up).
[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 13:57]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Do you get confused ? on 14:01 - Oct 16 with 966 viewsGwyn737

Do you get confused ? on 13:55 - Oct 16 by ReslovenSwan1

"dismayed about instagram / photoshop issues" erm? What does this mean?

I am interested in the concept of domestic partners playing in the same team.

"Andy Davies beats the defender and crosses the ball to 6ft 4 in Kyle Davies his husband and he makes it one nil". It is on its way i suppose. Names are used randomly obviously. ( I made them up).
[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 13:57]

I mean the pressure on women to look and act in a certain way and how that effects physical and mental health.

Clubs and organisations, whether it’s football, guides, dance, drama etc have massive impact on self esteem. All should be lauded and supported IMO.

I’m not sure what you mean in the last paragraph.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 14:01]
Do you get confused ? on 14:06 - Oct 16 with 946 viewsbuilthjack

No

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Do you get confused ? on 14:26 - Oct 16 with 933 viewsTreforys_Jack

All the time, it's 100% a deliberate ploy to be as vague as possible in the headlines.
Login to get fewer ads

Do you get confused ? on 15:04 - Oct 16 with 907 viewsKeithHaynes

Of course my OP was merely to point out the obvious.

Do you get confused ? on 15:57 - Oct 16 with 883 viewsKeithHaynes

Point in case.

Do you get confused ? on 16:37 - Oct 16 with 851 viewsCatullus

Do you get confused ? on 14:01 - Oct 16 by Gwyn737

I mean the pressure on women to look and act in a certain way and how that effects physical and mental health.

Clubs and organisations, whether it’s football, guides, dance, drama etc have massive impact on self esteem. All should be lauded and supported IMO.

I’m not sure what you mean in the last paragraph.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 14:01]

I think he means two homosexual men who are married playing on the same team. Nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Yes, I look at the screen and wonder if they mean men or women, it's not hard to differentiate and after all, if I don't want to watch one of them I will just turn over, not being told won't make me watch it.

I have nothing against womens football, in fact I think they are far more honestthan the men, less diving and other cheating but they are not my team, calling a team Swansea does not ake it my team, if another mens team started up and called themselves Swansea Athletic, still not my team.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Do you get confused ? on 16:41 - Oct 16 with 848 viewsKeithHaynes

Do you get confused ? on 16:37 - Oct 16 by Catullus

I think he means two homosexual men who are married playing on the same team. Nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Yes, I look at the screen and wonder if they mean men or women, it's not hard to differentiate and after all, if I don't want to watch one of them I will just turn over, not being told won't make me watch it.

I have nothing against womens football, in fact I think they are far more honestthan the men, less diving and other cheating but they are not my team, calling a team Swansea does not ake it my team, if another mens team started up and called themselves Swansea Athletic, still not my team.

My point is just differentiate. I couldn’t care who is playing.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Do you get confused ? on 16:54 - Oct 16 with 833 viewsCatullus

Do you get confused ? on 16:41 - Oct 16 by KeithHaynes

My point is just differentiate. I couldn’t care who is playing.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I was referring to Resloven's post but yes, jusr differentate. Just say mens or womens. Its not hard.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Do you get confused ? on 23:30 - Oct 16 with 753 viewsdeanscfc

Also don't have much interest in the women's form of the game, even though some of the highlights I've seen show a good level of skill.

I'm split on the way it is artificially pushed by the BBC in particular. On the one hand I think it's wrong that men's sport (with genuine, organic interest) is being pushed off webpages etc to accommodate women's team sport, but then when I see the faces of girls in the crowd enjoying themselves and celebrating a goal I do think it is nice.

I can't ever see women's team sport being as big as men's though. Feminists at the BBC would hate to admit it but most women have a different nature to men. Different priorities. For the majority, their idea of competition is what happens on love island or who has the nicest wedding dress, not who is the biggest/strongest/fastest/most skilled player etc.

And on the direct topic of the thread....try asking the BBC why equality only matters when it suits their agenda (I.e. ask them why they don't care about visually impaired people who need to use screen readers to tell them which version of the sport the headline is about). If I remember correctly the BBC employ a feminist equalities person who launched a target of how many articles about female sports there should be on the sports pages.

What really annoys me is when you get men's sporting matches with literally hundreds of years of history (e.g. First class cricket or a world title boxing fight) get pushed off the top stories section or not covered at all simply because some clown at the BBC thinks that Sweden v Uruguay women's football should be more important.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 23:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024