Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Climate Lockdowns 04:29 - Jan 14 with 4189 viewsmangohilljack

We know they are coming in 2024. (on trial) Oxford in particular.
Cities will be divided into zones confining residents to remain in their zones.
You will be allowed 100 days per year to leave your zone.
In order to leave you will need to get permission from the council.
Cars will be registered and travel will then be tracked by smart cameras some of which were rolled out throughout covid lockdowns.

Is this something that appeals to you? Will you comply?

It's a NO from me
Climate Lockdowns on 07:22 - Jan 14 with 2048 viewsSirjohnalot

What on earth are you talking about?
Climate Lockdowns on 07:29 - Jan 14 with 2045 viewsangryjack

Climate Lockdowns on 07:22 - Jan 14 by Sirjohnalot

What on earth are you talking about?

It's true..its coming..even all these blokes coming over on boats,most are army officials fron war torb countries..they will be keeping us in line,that's why the government is spending millions keeping them in hotels,its coming
Climate Lockdowns on 08:25 - Jan 14 with 2034 viewsScotia

This refers to the Oxford 15 minute city trial which got completely misrepresented by the American right wing press and has been jumped on by the conspiracy theorists.

It's complete nonsense.

https://news.oxfordshire.gov.uk/joint-statement-from-oxfordshire-county-council-
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 8:28]
Climate Lockdowns on 09:01 - Jan 14 with 2008 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Climate Lockdowns on 08:25 - Jan 14 by Scotia

This refers to the Oxford 15 minute city trial which got completely misrepresented by the American right wing press and has been jumped on by the conspiracy theorists.

It's complete nonsense.

https://news.oxfordshire.gov.uk/joint-statement-from-oxfordshire-county-council-

Thanks for the link, very interesting as I lived just outside Oxford for a number of years.
Observations - the Park and Ride at Oxford was/is very good I wonder if they are extending it further?
The questionnaire does not ask people if they are in favour (don't ask a question if you may not like the answer)
Another scheme based on fines, every council /LA is in the indirect taxation business.
The concessions they have made on things like a 100 day pass and 25 day pass will mean nothing really changes, they will definitely change the scheme later.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 9:03]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Climate Lockdowns on 09:09 - Jan 14 with 1993 viewsmangohilljack

It's complete nonsense.

That response is a total backtrack due to the backlash they have received in Oxford for this.
Climate Lockdowns on 09:13 - Jan 14 with 1987 viewsScotia

Climate Lockdowns on 09:09 - Jan 14 by mangohilljack

That response is a total backtrack due to the backlash they have received in Oxford for this.

It's not a backtrack. It's clarifying the situation, go and read the original planning policy document and stop relying on nonsense on social media.

It wasn't just local backlash, members of the council actually received death threats from people all around the world. Purely from the complete BS misrepresentation.

Here is the actual policy.

https://www.oxford.gov.uk/downloads/file/8144/bgp_14_15_minute_cities
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 9:24]
Climate Lockdowns on 09:18 - Jan 14 with 1981 viewskrunchykarrot

It's complete nonsense.

Heres the right wing Piers Corbyn telling Oxford council 'man-made climate change doesn't exist.
As far as i can see we can at least vote or weadle out these nutters who are destroying our cities in front of our eyes. Spent a lot of time in London lately the Zoning has more or less spelled the end for Black Cabs as it takes so long to travel from A-B due to their brilliant Mayor.
Climate Lockdowns on 09:23 - Jan 14 with 1961 viewsmangohilljack

Climate Lockdowns on 09:13 - Jan 14 by Scotia

It's not a backtrack. It's clarifying the situation, go and read the original planning policy document and stop relying on nonsense on social media.

It wasn't just local backlash, members of the council actually received death threats from people all around the world. Purely from the complete BS misrepresentation.

Here is the actual policy.

https://www.oxford.gov.uk/downloads/file/8144/bgp_14_15_minute_cities
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 9:24]

It is a back track because the backlash from the public has been extreme, and rightly so.

Can you explain what the point of a 15 minute city is? We've managed pretty well up until now without these 15 minute cities. I know for a fact here in Australia (Victoria) to be precise they are due to push some law through where they will split the state into zones and the reason for this is to stop people travelling outside of these zones if the on the premiers say so. This has already happened during covid lockdowns where the people of Victoria were not allowed to travel any further than 5k. Do you think it was just a coincidence that they were trialled?
Login to get fewer ads

Climate Lockdowns on 09:25 - Jan 14 with 1958 viewsmagicdaps10

😂😂

Conspirecy theories are the new in thing, ramped u since covid......i think its just a glorified version of a good old gossip.

Its a bit like the player of the match thread a little while ago! It's the beginning of the end and we should all hang our heads in shame.......sheep the lot of us.

Brilliant read this morning, brought a smile to my face 👍

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Climate Lockdowns on 09:26 - Jan 14 with 1955 viewsScotia

Climate Lockdowns on 09:23 - Jan 14 by mangohilljack

It is a back track because the backlash from the public has been extreme, and rightly so.

Can you explain what the point of a 15 minute city is? We've managed pretty well up until now without these 15 minute cities. I know for a fact here in Australia (Victoria) to be precise they are due to push some law through where they will split the state into zones and the reason for this is to stop people travelling outside of these zones if the on the premiers say so. This has already happened during covid lockdowns where the people of Victoria were not allowed to travel any further than 5k. Do you think it was just a coincidence that they were trialled?

It's been extreme because people have believed right wing media nonsense.

A 15 minute city means everything you need is within a 15 minute walk. What's wrong with that?
Climate Lockdowns on 09:26 - Jan 14 with 1955 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Climate Lockdowns on 09:18 - Jan 14 by krunchykarrot

Heres the right wing Piers Corbyn telling Oxford council 'man-made climate change doesn't exist.
As far as i can see we can at least vote or weadle out these nutters who are destroying our cities in front of our eyes. Spent a lot of time in London lately the Zoning has more or less spelled the end for Black Cabs as it takes so long to travel from A-B due to their brilliant Mayor.

Interesting comment about London, went to Central London recently and I have to say the multiplication of traffic lights to accommodate cycle lanes is very messy and seems to create congestion.

Climate Lockdowns on 09:35 - Jan 14 with 1947 viewsmangohilljack

Climate Lockdowns on 09:25 - Jan 14 by magicdaps10

😂😂

Conspirecy theories are the new in thing, ramped u since covid......i think its just a glorified version of a good old gossip.

Its a bit like the player of the match thread a little while ago! It's the beginning of the end and we should all hang our heads in shame.......sheep the lot of us.

Brilliant read this morning, brought a smile to my face 👍

Conspiracy theory a term invented to shut down a debate. I find it incredible how many of these so called conspiracy theories have actually played out before our very own eyes over the last couple of years. It doesn't matter what is said or what is known, if it goes against the current narrative any debate is shutdown with the words conspiracy theorist or tin foil hat wearer.

Whatever happened to constructive debate
Climate Lockdowns on 09:42 - Jan 14 with 1938 viewsmangohilljack

Climate Lockdowns on 09:26 - Jan 14 by Scotia

It's been extreme because people have believed right wing media nonsense.

A 15 minute city means everything you need is within a 15 minute walk. What's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with it at all, it's the purpose of it that worries people and rightly so. When you have the World economic forum and the Davos cohort telling all and sundry exactly what it means then of course people are going to fight back.
There is a big protest happening there in the not too distant future and I'm pretty sure just like the covid protests it will simply be ignored by the media even though it is a massive opportunity to call out the so called 'right wing nutters' 'conspiracy theory tin foil hat wearing donuts' as you and your ilk call them.
Climate Lockdowns on 09:53 - Jan 14 with 1932 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Climate Lockdowns on 09:35 - Jan 14 by mangohilljack

Conspiracy theory a term invented to shut down a debate. I find it incredible how many of these so called conspiracy theories have actually played out before our very own eyes over the last couple of years. It doesn't matter what is said or what is known, if it goes against the current narrative any debate is shutdown with the words conspiracy theorist or tin foil hat wearer.

We are all poorer for the demise of discussion and debate.

Climate Lockdowns on 10:05 - Jan 14 with 1922 viewsSirjohnalot

Climate Lockdowns on 09:35 - Jan 14 by mangohilljack

Constructive debate is welcome as is people calling it absolute nonsense.
Climate Lockdowns on 10:37 - Jan 14 with 1888 viewsmangohilljack

Climate Lockdowns on 10:05 - Jan 14 by Sirjohnalot

Constructive debate is welcome as is people calling it absolute nonsense.

Calling it absolute nonsense is only welcome if that is exactly what it is. As I said constructive debate is much needed since its demise with the onset of social media
Climate Lockdowns on 10:53 - Jan 14 with 1864 viewskrunchykarrot

Climate Lockdowns on 09:26 - Jan 14 by JACKMANANDBOY

Interesting comment about London, went to Central London recently and I have to say the multiplication of traffic lights to accommodate cycle lanes is very messy and seems to create congestion.

There is definately a different agenda within the M25, mostly everyone excepts that there is a climate emergency without any eveidence or facts. For example when i was in a discussion with a £11 pint in my hand in a heaving venue called The Ned they didnt give a monkeys about Uber Black Taxi's Zones buisnesses etc as they have the Underground to navigate which with the recent addition is cheap as chips. Yet come the witching hour at about 10pm there is empty pups everwhere.

I for one want a genuine Climate debate with experts and factual evidence that is not based on modelling Al Gore or Mp's, as we all know how good that is.
Climate Lockdowns on 10:58 - Jan 14 with 1852 viewscontroversial_jack

Climate Lockdowns on 10:53 - Jan 14 by krunchykarrot

There is definately a different agenda within the M25, mostly everyone excepts that there is a climate emergency without any eveidence or facts. For example when i was in a discussion with a £11 pint in my hand in a heaving venue called The Ned they didnt give a monkeys about Uber Black Taxi's Zones buisnesses etc as they have the Underground to navigate which with the recent addition is cheap as chips. Yet come the witching hour at about 10pm there is empty pups everwhere.

I for one want a genuine Climate debate with experts and factual evidence that is not based on modelling Al Gore or Mp's, as we all know how good that is.

I agree. anyone who questions the legitimacy of man made climate change get's shut down and de platformed
Climate Lockdowns on 11:05 - Jan 14 with 1846 viewsScotia

Climate Lockdowns on 10:58 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

I agree. anyone who questions the legitimacy of man made climate change get's shut down and de platformed

They get shutdown because they are wrong. It's not hard.
Climate Lockdowns on 11:08 - Jan 14 with 1829 viewsScotia

Climate Lockdowns on 10:53 - Jan 14 by krunchykarrot

That debate has happened and continues to happen.

There is plenty of evidence and facts. We won't be absolutely, irrefutably certain of the impacts of climate change until it is too late to do anything about it though.
Climate Lockdowns on 11:09 - Jan 14 with 1829 viewskrunchykarrot

Climate Lockdowns on 11:05 - Jan 14 by Scotia

They get shutdown because they are wrong. It's not hard.

If its wrong then a debate on all aspects would prove a point, we saw during Covid what shutting experts down has caused.
Climate Lockdowns on 11:14 - Jan 14 with 1805 viewsScotia

Climate Lockdowns on 10:37 - Jan 14 by mangohilljack

Calling it absolute nonsense is only welcome if that is exactly what it is. As I said constructive debate is much needed since its demise with the onset of social media

Have you read the actual document?

If you read it you'll see that "climate lockdowns" are nonsense.

I don't think constructive debate is needed, the entire notion has been completely fabricated.
Climate Lockdowns on 11:16 - Jan 14 with 1803 viewsmangohilljack

This is what media manipulation looks like

Greta Thunberg:
19 year old high School drop out
Not a scientist
Reads from a script
Gets 24/7 media coverage

Dr Judith Curry:
Climatologist
Has published over 140 scientific books
Says it's all a hoax
gets no media coverage

says it all really
Climate Lockdowns on 11:37 - Jan 14 with 1767 viewskrunchykarrot

Climate Lockdowns on 11:08 - Jan 14 by Scotia

That debate has happened and continues to happen.

There is plenty of evidence and facts. We won't be absolutely, irrefutably certain of the impacts of climate change until it is too late to do anything about it though.

Great, lets get all the evidence out there and people can see for themselves i must have missed the debate. What i see is lots of protests alienating people and spokespeople making a spectacle of themselves when questioned factually.

Meanwhile our rivers are dying from pollution in front of our eyes microplastics are entering the food chain not helped by the manufacturing of zillions of blue face masks which were unnecessary becuase we shutdown the debate.
Climate Lockdowns on 11:40 - Jan 14 with 1766 viewsScotia

Climate Lockdowns on 11:16 - Jan 14 by mangohilljack

This is what media manipulation looks like

Greta Thunberg:
19 year old high School drop out
Not a scientist
Reads from a script
Gets 24/7 media coverage

Dr Judith Curry:
Climatologist
Has published over 140 scientific books
Says it's all a hoax
gets no media coverage

says it all really

Judith Curry is funded by the fossil fuel industry.

I don't think Greta is relevant to the debate really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024