Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goalkeeper 21:17 - Jan 25 with 1640 viewsAndyconky

Lewis Webb. Capable Number 2?

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Goalkeeper on 22:41 - Jan 25 with 1546 viewsbuilthjack

His loan at Aber ended yesterday

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Goalkeeper on 08:19 - Jan 26 with 1445 viewsangryjack

Should be looking for a number 1 as Fisher is useless
Goalkeeper on 08:50 - Jan 26 with 1415 viewsBadlands

Hopefully this recall is insurance incase we fail to bring a goalkeeper in on loan.
However, I can’t help thinking Martin still wants Fisher as his first choice. Given the length of time he and Benda took to get used to the passing out game (if they did) anyone coming in might take the rest of the season getting used to Martin's style.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Goalkeeper on 08:53 - Jan 26 with 1407 viewsonehunglow

Goalkeeper on 08:50 - Jan 26 by Badlands

Hopefully this recall is insurance incase we fail to bring a goalkeeper in on loan.
However, I can’t help thinking Martin still wants Fisher as his first choice. Given the length of time he and Benda took to get used to the passing out game (if they did) anyone coming in might take the rest of the season getting used to Martin's style.

I agree.
It’s all very concerning .
Good with the ball at his feet is the simplest most stupid phenomena of all.Better for a keeper to be better with the ball in his hands and not in the back of the net

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Goalkeeper on 09:25 - Jan 26 with 1388 viewsBoundy

Goalkeeper on 08:53 - Jan 26 by onehunglow

I agree.
Good with the ball at his feet is the simplest most stupid phenomena of all.Better for a keeper to be better with the ball in his hands and not in the back of the net

I agree , nice if they can do it but imo not essential , play it out to left /right back and let them fanny about with it , because in lot of times when the ball comes back to Benda under pressure he has to hit it long anyway

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Goalkeeper on 09:27 - Jan 26 with 1386 viewsjack247

Goalkeeper on 08:53 - Jan 26 by onehunglow

I agree.

In the hypothetical situation we could only have a keeper or a right back who could get forward, I’d persevere with Benda and Webb. The amount of silly goals we’d concede would be more than negated by being able to attack down both flanks imo.

Ideally we’d strengthen both areas and bring in a striker if Obafemi and/or Whittaker go.
Goalkeeper on 09:31 - Jan 26 with 1379 viewsWhiterockin

Goalkeeper on 09:27 - Jan 26 by jack247

In the hypothetical situation we could only have a keeper or a right back who could get forward, I’d persevere with Benda and Webb. The amount of silly goals we’d concede would be more than negated by being able to attack down both flanks imo.

Ideally we’d strengthen both areas and bring in a striker if Obafemi and/or Whittaker go.

I believe we could still get in a keeper after the window closes as an emergency loan, someone please correct me if I am wrong. We have no games until after the window closes, so in theory time is on our side.
Goalkeeper on 10:24 - Jan 26 with 1334 viewsBadlands

Goalkeeper on 09:25 - Jan 26 by Boundy

I agree , nice if they can do it but imo not essential , play it out to left /right back and let them fanny about with it , because in lot of times when the ball comes back to Benda under pressure he has to hit it long anyway

True, but if done properly the press on the keeper and CB should, should, create more space for our midfield … unfortunately our midfielders stand like statues and don’t take advantage.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Goalkeeper on 10:26 - Jan 26 with 1327 viewsonehunglow

Morning 247
To me,any team needs a solid base. We have not had one since Fab really and even he could be flaky at times .

The likes of a Joe Hart would have been ideal to us .

What we do not need is a fey kid in goals as this league has some strong physical forw@rds

Benda was doing ok until a few weeks ago but IMO lost confidence .

I fear his loss will be massive .

Goalkeeper on 10:47 - Jan 26 with 1306 viewsKeithHaynes

Make your own mind up.

Goalkeeper Lewis Webb returns from Aberystwyth Town 26th Jan 2023 07:42
After his six month loan spell in the Cymru Premier League with Aberystwyth Town Twenty one year old Lewis Webb is back at Swansea City, his parent club. The statistics from his loan spell don’t make excellent reading despite turning out for the black and greens in fifteen games this season. The stats reflect his last game was at the end of December, a 6-1 loss to Newtown at Latham Park. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Goalkeeper on 10:49 - Jan 26 with 1293 viewsKeithHaynes

Webb has let 37 goals in for Aberystwyth in 15 games.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Goalkeeper on 10:52 - Jan 26 with 1285 viewsWhiterockin

Goalkeeper on 10:49 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

Perfect for us then.
Goalkeeper on 10:54 - Jan 26 with 1285 viewsjack247

Goalkeeper on 10:26 - Jan 26 by onehunglow

Morning 247
To me,any team needs a solid base. We have not had one since Fab really and even he could be flaky at times .

The likes of a Joe Hart would have been ideal to us .

What we do not need is a fey kid in goals as this league has some strong physical forw@rds

Benda was doing ok until a few weeks ago but IMO lost confidence .

I fear his loss will be massive .

I don’t disagree that Benda being out is a huge blow. I just happen to feel that not replacing Latibaudiere with someone who can defend and hold his position (both of which he does well) but also offer a genuine threat would be a bigger one.

I don’t know the financial position, but with Obafemi seemingly off, it shouldn’t be out of our grasp to address both areas. A solid keeper on loan would be fine.

If Whittaker stays, we’ve effectively bolstered our forward options with Obafemi not playing anyway. If he goes, we should be looking at a loan keeper, permanent right back and striker IMO
Goalkeeper on 10:58 - Jan 26 with 1278 viewsWhiterockin

Goalkeeper on 10:54 - Jan 26 by jack247

I don’t disagree that Benda being out is a huge blow. I just happen to feel that not replacing Latibaudiere with someone who can defend and hold his position (both of which he does well) but also offer a genuine threat would be a bigger one.

I don’t know the financial position, but with Obafemi seemingly off, it shouldn’t be out of our grasp to address both areas. A solid keeper on loan would be fine.

If Whittaker stays, we’ve effectively bolstered our forward options with Obafemi not playing anyway. If he goes, we should be looking at a loan keeper, permanent right back and striker IMO

Good post.
Goalkeeper on 15:12 - Jan 26 with 1127 viewsjack247

We’re not going down. We’re not going up without strengthening at right back.

I’m not suggesting it’s ideal, I’m saying I’d choose a decent right back over a decent keeper while Fisher is adequate enough. Chances are Webb won’t play
Goalkeeper on 15:49 - Jan 26 with 1077 viewsReslovenSwan1

Goalkeeper on 15:12 - Jan 26 by jack247

We’re not going down. We’re not going up without strengthening at right back.

I’m not suggesting it’s ideal, I’m saying I’d choose a decent right back over a decent keeper while Fisher is adequate enough. Chances are Webb won’t play

Whittaker new striker Ogbene coming as right wing back / winger. His record as a goal scorer is very poor. He is having a purple patch like Patterson had last season.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Goalkeeper on 16:39 - Jan 26 with 1009 viewsonehunglow

Goalkeeper on 10:54 - Jan 26 by jack247

Decent reply
Thanks

Goalkeeper on 20:44 - Jan 26 with 888 viewsbuilthjack

Hell of a windy pitch Aber. On many occasions that I played there, you could boot the ball towards the goal at the sea end, and a few seconds later it would be behind you.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Goalkeeper on 22:05 - Jan 26 with 848 viewsTreforys_Jack

Wonder if we can borrow Tatey for a few months
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024