Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barbarians at St Helens 08:59 - Jun 1 with 1906 viewsonehunglow

My God,memories after seeing that .
Cryin shame it’s now consigned to nostalgia.
It was always a fixture on Easter Monday bank holiday to see exciting players run with the ball.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Barbarians at St Helens on 09:17 - Jun 1 with 1893 viewsTogg

Every Easter Bank Holiday. Great days, great club, great history. The so called regions, I'm sorry don't do it for me. I like to see the Ospreys do well over any other team but not the same feeling as I had for the All Whites.
Barbarians at St Helens on 09:46 - Jun 1 with 1878 viewsonehunglow

Barbarians at St Helens on 09:17 - Jun 1 by Togg

Every Easter Bank Holiday. Great days, great club, great history. The so called regions, I'm sorry don't do it for me. I like to see the Ospreys do well over any other team but not the same feeling as I had for the All Whites.

If they d been called Swansea Ospreys I would have been content with that . To see Neath before Swansea ospreys annoyed as did playing primarily in black
Neath very different Swansea reflected in their fanship
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 9:46]

Barbarians at St Helens on 09:53 - Jun 1 with 1864 viewstheloneranger

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-12147127/Alun-Wyn-Jones-bid

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Barbarians at St Helens on 10:32 - Jun 1 with 1832 viewsbritferry

I remember going to St Helens to see them then walking down the Vetch for an evening kick off there

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Barbarians at St Helens on 15:18 - Jun 1 with 1734 viewsbonymine

Remember many happy times spent at St Helen’s through my youth from the mid seventies onwards played there once too in a schools cup final (we lost !) great memories indeed !!

Away games were great days out too Scarlets Neath Cardiff Newport plus the Valleys sides etc when the Whites won the Heineken league back in the 90’s I think it was at Rodney Parade me & my mates were on an all dayer at the end of the game we jumped onto the pitch the team were celebrating with the sponsors’ beer in full flow so cheeky fecker as I was I then I said to Simon Davies ‘Oi Sime, chuck us a can mate’ which he duly did so I cracked it open and celebrated with the team !! 🤣🤣
Happy days great memories.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Barbarians at St Helens on 18:18 - Jun 1 with 1674 viewsSullutaCreturned

Barbarians at St Helens on 10:32 - Jun 1 by britferry

I remember going to St Helens to see them then walking down the Vetch for an evening kick off there

And I remember doing it the other way around. I was a regular at St Helens for the so called "rebel season" and really enjoyed it, I always tried to make the big games and the touring teams.
We even had a family season at the Ospreys but no, there was no attachment and none grew.
All the regions should be ditched and the clubs reinstated. They have ruined Welsh rugby.
Barbarians at St Helens on 19:09 - Jun 1 with 1661 viewsonehunglow

Memories eh

Barbarians at St Helens on 19:53 - Jun 1 with 1635 viewsTogg

Barbarians at St Helens on 19:09 - Jun 1 by onehunglow

Memories eh

If Swansea had a rich Rugby benefactor. Build a covered stand on the Mumbles Road around to Reck side. Keep the bank open . Extend the club and occasionally have a temporary stand(when needed)on the Cricket side. 15000 capacity. Rename the side Swansea Ospreys .
Loads of bars and restaurants in close vicinity, including the trendy Uplands and Bryn y Mor Road .
It's just a dream and we have to be careful, because the vultures in the WRU are always looking to cull the only attempt at a region currently playing. Shame on Ieuan Evans and Nigel Walker who have now joined the boring old fart brigade. Viva la Revolution!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Barbarians at St Helens on 20:21 - Jun 1 with 1609 viewsbritferry

everybody seems to have missed one important stat, the score

Baabaas won 68-33 in front of 6,238

AWJ played for both teams

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Barbarians at St Helens on 20:35 - Jun 1 with 1606 viewsSullutaCreturned

Barbarians at St Helens on 19:53 - Jun 1 by Togg

If Swansea had a rich Rugby benefactor. Build a covered stand on the Mumbles Road around to Reck side. Keep the bank open . Extend the club and occasionally have a temporary stand(when needed)on the Cricket side. 15000 capacity. Rename the side Swansea Ospreys .
Loads of bars and restaurants in close vicinity, including the trendy Uplands and Bryn y Mor Road .
It's just a dream and we have to be careful, because the vultures in the WRU are always looking to cull the only attempt at a region currently playing. Shame on Ieuan Evans and Nigel Walker who have now joined the boring old fart brigade. Viva la Revolution!!!

only absolute certainty is that the Cardiff region will never come under threat as long as the current format remains.
Barbarians at St Helens on 20:55 - Jun 1 with 1599 viewsTogg

Barbarians at St Helens on 20:21 - Jun 1 by britferry

everybody seems to have missed one important stat, the score

Baabaas won 68-33 in front of 6,238

AWJ played for both teams

Barbarians at St Helens on 21:01 - Jun 1 with 1593 viewsTogg

Barbarians at St Helens on 20:35 - Jun 1 by SullutaCreturned

only absolute certainty is that the Cardiff region will never come under threat as long as the current format remains.

Always been the same . The so called self proclaimed greatest club in the world Cardiff RFC and Llanelli we beat the AllBlacks in 1973....hang on the Whites were the first team to beat all the three major touring nations. Different times I know but I still say Peter the Pie and Stuart Gallagher held the Welsh Rugby union to ransom over the announcement of the regions. What a total fork up!
Barbarians at St Helens on 22:10 - Jun 1 with 1556 viewsmax936

Barbarians at St Helens on 21:01 - Jun 1 by Togg

Always been the same . The so called self proclaimed greatest club in the world Cardiff RFC and Llanelli we beat the AllBlacks in 1973....hang on the Whites were the first team to beat all the three major touring nations. Different times I know but I still say Peter the Pie and Stuart Gallagher held the Welsh Rugby union to ransom over the announcement of the regions. What a total fork up!

Absolutely 100%

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Barbarians at St Helens on 22:52 - Jun 1 with 1535 viewsonehunglow

Barbarians at St Helens on 21:01 - Jun 1 by Togg

Indeed
The history of Swansea RFC is something jacks should be proud of
Rivalry goes way back

Barbarians at St Helens on 00:30 - Jun 2 with 1510 viewsRobbie

Drakeford and his cronnies at the WAG would never let Cardiff , Cricket or Rugby fall into disrepair , The Welsh budget will find some money hanging about to cover costs .

Our leader will now be on his freebie jaunt to France for the Rugby World Cup added to his holiday in Qatar for the Football , all for Wales allegedly .

Great days watching Glamorgan at St Helens , good luck to AWJ too ,
Barbarians at St Helens on 07:42 - Jun 2 with 1449 viewsAndyconky

Barbarians at St Helens on 19:53 - Jun 1 by Togg

Exactly this. I popped into the Mill before the game.and thought what an atmospheric there would be around the streets, and like you say Uplands etc. I heard quite a few people say that there are rumours of Ospreys going there on a permanent basis. I for one would love that, but, I appreciate that would take.the investment you talked about. However can we really see it happening if the WRU are any way involved. But I'd definitely be a regular visitor if they did. Make.it happen

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Barbarians at St Helens on 09:02 - Jun 2 with 1427 viewsonehunglow

Barbarians at St Helens on 07:42 - Jun 2 by Andyconky

Exactly this. I popped into the Mill before the game.and thought what an atmospheric there would be around the streets, and like you say Uplands etc. I heard quite a few people say that there are rumours of Ospreys going there on a permanent basis. I for one would love that, but, I appreciate that would take.the investment you talked about. However can we really see it happening if the WRU are any way involved. But I'd definitely be a regular visitor if they did. Make.it happen

Many used to support and watch both The Whites and The Swans and Glamorgan CCC

Barbarians at St Helens on 13:54 - Jun 2 with 1378 viewsEagleEye

Barbarians at St Helens on 07:42 - Jun 2 by Andyconky

The rumour seems to be growing by the day. Talk of new stand, selling off the cricket pitch to fund it & the Ospreys moving there permanently
Barbarians at St Helens on 16:48 - Jun 2 with 1341 viewsAndyconky

Barbarians at St Helens on 13:54 - Jun 2 by EagleEye

The rumour seems to be growing by the day. Talk of new stand, selling off the cricket pitch to fund it & the Ospreys moving there permanently

Maybe corporate boxes and offices like Rodney Parade at the Recreation end and a temporary stand at the Guildhall end? Probably the wrong names but you know what I mean!

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Barbarians at St Helens on 19:42 - Jun 2 with 1305 viewsTogg

To me it's a no brainer. It would be sad to see the cricket pitch go but the Ospreys at the Liberty is just not working.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024