Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Duff is Swans new manager 16:41 - Jun 22 with 7355 viewsKeithHaynes

Reliably told he has agreed a deal in the last hour.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 20:17 - Jun 22 with 2343 viewsonehunglow

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 19:39 - Jun 22 by guthrieintherain

Has achieved more in 3 seasons than Russ has in 4.

Higher win % and 750k left over with another 750k to come if arbitration goes our way.

Well.played Swansea City.

Yep
They be done well here
I' can feel it coming back

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 20:21 - Jun 22 with 2343 viewsswan_si

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 19:04 - Jun 22 by Whiterockin

The owners need to realise that you don't get league points for winning stand offs with other clubs. Sometimes you need to compromise and do it quickly to progress on and off the pitch. By all means don't be a push over, but there has to be a balance.

You've got to know when to hold, and know when to fold em.
Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 20:38 - Jun 22 with 2265 viewsjohnlangy

Brilliant news. Lovely to have something positive to look forward to.

Welcome Michael.
Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 20:43 - Jun 22 with 2249 viewsDr_Winston

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 20:43 - Jun 22 with 2249 viewsowainglyndwr

I think we will have a good manager in M Duff
Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 20:47 - Jun 22 with 2224 viewsDr_Winston

Official

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 20:53 - Jun 22 with 2176 viewsSullutaCreturned

Maybe our owners have learned their lessons though its taken them a while.

I like the look of Duff, it's not just the same approach regadless. yes he prefers the same formation but he'll change startegy and tactics to suit the team in front of us and he'll do it during games, apparently history says he does it quickly too.

It is the time for putting the arguments behind us and uniting under this manager.
Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 20:57 - Jun 22 with 2138 viewsSullutaCreturned

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 18:39 - Jun 22 by KeithHaynes

They are business people, and they know their trade in business which changes little whether it’s recycling rubbish or football ( not dissimilar ) 😂 They have kept a level head even when the pressure was extreme.

If anyone thinks the likes of Silverstein or the new investment group put millions in to a venture just for fun then they are welcome to that opinion, but it’s nonsense.

I can assure anyone who cares to listen, Cardiff would love to be in our situation.

Cardiff have an owner who tried throwing money at it but then made some very bad decisions. Now hes cut the purse strings though he's throwing a lot at trying to win the Sala/ Nantes case.
Tan is concentrating on the wrong things and with Cardiff still under a transfer embargo it could be another season of struggle for them.

The cardiff fans I know are all worried, one said Tan could appoint Guardiola and they'd still be in trouble.
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 21:06 - Jun 22 with 2082 viewsherbie

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 19:39 - Jun 22 by guthrieintherain

Has achieved more in 3 seasons than Russ has in 4.

Higher win % and 750k left over with another 750k to come if arbitration goes our way.

Well.played Swansea City.

Great appointment. No messing about. As soon as Martin was gone the sea was done fair play. Exciting times.
Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 21:37 - Jun 22 with 1892 viewsKeithHaynes

Bastards, they have plagiarize a whole bloody paragraph from the website ! 😂

https://www.swanseacity.com/

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 22:03 - Jun 22 with 1781 viewsbuilthjack

He talks a good game. Let’s hope his punch is as good.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 22:16 - Jun 22 with 1724 viewsmax936

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 22:03 - Jun 22 by builthjack

He talks a good game. Let’s hope his punch is as good.

Don't tell me you think Duff could be a duff

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 22:22 - Jun 22 with 1708 viewsdobjack2

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 20:47 - Jun 22 by Dr_Winston

Official

From the official site

"As a coach he has proven to be adaptable, and highly effective when working with young players and small budgets against clubs with greater financial might."
Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 22:24 - Jun 22 with 1687 viewsonehunglow

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 18:02 - Jun 22 by KeithHaynes

Let there be a mirror to look in to.

Let there be love

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 00:20 - Jun 23 with 1486 viewsBadlands

Our owners are a disgrace. How long did we have to wait after Martin left before we got around to bringing in a new man? Other clubs with ambition wouldn’t have waited and would have had a manager lined up. If only we were like the mighty Wrexham.
My season ticket will be in the bin if they don’t get someone in soon.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 07:26 - Jun 23 with 1266 viewsswan_si

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 00:20 - Jun 23 by Badlands

Our owners are a disgrace. How long did we have to wait after Martin left before we got around to bringing in a new man? Other clubs with ambition wouldn’t have waited and would have had a manager lined up. If only we were like the mighty Wrexham.

We were also ball number 31 in the league Cup draw, 31 ffs, we're better than that, should've been in the top 10 minimum 😂
Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 08:25 - Jun 23 with 1154 viewssw02sea

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 22:24 - Jun 22 by onehunglow

Let there be love

The mirror never lies mate 😉
Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 09:23 - Jun 23 with 1041 viewsYrAlarch

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 21:37 - Jun 22 by KeithHaynes

Bastards, they have plagiarize a whole bloody paragraph from the website ! 😂

https://www.swanseacity.com/

This post has been edited by an administrator

I would treat that as a compliment. Your reporting is excellent.
Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 09:26 - Jun 23 with 1036 viewsEagleEye

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 00:20 - Jun 23 by Badlands

Yes it appears that the ownership has learnt lessons from the past & acted on them on this occasion. Well done. However they have made an abundance of mistakes, most fans can see that. The last 3 managers have all left at the first opportunity, Cooper even opting to leave without a better offer. Maybe there is a message in there somewhere. It looks like the building blocks have been put in place to transform the whole basis of how the club is run. Again well done.

We have a small squad, threadbare in some key positions. The real test will be to see how the new manager is backed. We need full backs or wing backs, we need pace, we need a partner for Piroe or another centre forward. We will see what backing he gets very soon.

We need to keep our current squad together to build on the experience that they will have developed last season. If the strategy is to sell our prime assets we will remain in the endless cycle of gambling rather than building.

It will be interesting to see if loan players are back on the agenda. Loan players have been a key part of nearly every side getting promotion from this division
Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 09:45 - Jun 23 with 977 viewsDr_Winston

"The last 3 managers have all left at the first opportunity, Cooper even opting to leave without a better offer. Maybe there is a message in there somewhere"

I think the message might just be that two out of three people will up sticks if you offer them lots more money.

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 11:02 - Jun 23 with 859 viewsvetchonian

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 09:26 - Jun 23 by EagleEye

Yes it appears that the ownership has learnt lessons from the past & acted on them on this occasion. Well done. However they have made an abundance of mistakes, most fans can see that. The last 3 managers have all left at the first opportunity, Cooper even opting to leave without a better offer. Maybe there is a message in there somewhere. It looks like the building blocks have been put in place to transform the whole basis of how the club is run. Again well done.

We have a small squad, threadbare in some key positions. The real test will be to see how the new manager is backed. We need full backs or wing backs, we need pace, we need a partner for Piroe or another centre forward. We will see what backing he gets very soon.

We need to keep our current squad together to build on the experience that they will have developed last season. If the strategy is to sell our prime assets we will remain in the endless cycle of gambling rather than building.

It will be interesting to see if loan players are back on the agenda. Loan players have been a key part of nearly every side getting promotion from this division

I think they have learnt, whilst many will still say the managers departed due to lack of support I think if you look deeper all had heads turned by "better" opportunities.
Potter was tempted to the PL by Brighton, Martin to Southampton who though relegated will be looking to get back up and will have the advantage pf parachute payments.
Why I think they have learnt is form Coopers situation he had his head turned by both Palace and Fulham there was much talk of these moves not materialising as the comp asked for was way off what Palace or Fulham would pay and perhaps it was not in keeping with Coopers contract which is why the relationship broke down dont forget he was "retained" by the club on garden leave so I expect a "compromiseÂŁ was agreed.
It has been interesting to see the negotiations for Martin's compo with different figures for The PL and Championship club approach interesting because Cooper was linked Palace in the PL and Fulham in the Championship I wonder if this led to this clause in Martin's contract

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 12:13 - Jun 23 with 800 viewsGVJack

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 19:04 - Jun 22 by Whiterockin

The owners need to realise that you don't get league points for winning stand offs with other clubs. Sometimes you need to compromise and do it quickly to progress on and off the pitch. By all means don't be a push over, but there has to be a balance.

No... But you do potentially (a) receive higher income coming into the club and (b) show that we won't just be walked all over.

The board have clearly been working hard behind the scenes. We have got an exciting new manager in within 24hours of our previous one departing and in time to welcome the boys back to pre-season. Cut it fine... But well played Swansea board for (a) getting any money for a manager who should have been sacked and would have received compensation, (b) standing your ground and (c) getting the new manager in on time for pre season.
Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 13:15 - Jun 23 with 744 viewsWhiterockin

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 12:13 - Jun 23 by GVJack

No... But you do potentially (a) receive higher income coming into the club and (b) show that we won't just be walked all over.

The board have clearly been working hard behind the scenes. We have got an exciting new manager in within 24hours of our previous one departing and in time to welcome the boys back to pre-season. Cut it fine... But well played Swansea board for (a) getting any money for a manager who should have been sacked and would have received compensation, (b) standing your ground and (c) getting the new manager in on time for pre season.

Extract from the club statement regarding the Martin departure.

"The club also stands firm in our belief that we are owed full compensation for Russell, and we will continue working diligently and strategically to protect the best interests of the club."

So nothing was gained by the stand off. My point stands that sometimes a compromise could be reached earlier.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 13:55 - Jun 23 with 687 viewsswan_si

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 13:15 - Jun 23 by Whiterockin

Extract from the club statement regarding the Martin departure.

"The club also stands firm in our belief that we are owed full compensation for Russell, and we will continue working diligently and strategically to protect the best interests of the club."

So nothing was gained by the stand off. My point stands that sometimes a compromise could be reached earlier.

I'm sure they have a legitimate argument, or this would've been sorted weeks ago.
Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 13:59 - Jun 23 with 680 viewsFireboy2

Michael Duff is Swans new manager on 13:55 - Jun 23 by swan_si

I'm sure they have a legitimate argument, or this would've been sorted weeks ago.

Keeerdiff also think they have a legitimate argument re sala.

Just saying 🤷
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024