Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Energy Companies 23:11 - Jul 7 with 8180 viewsmax936

We are owed a 4 figure sum off an energy company exposed by Watchdog on the One Show earlier in the week, we've emailed Watchdog but surprisingly they don't want to know.

Anybody had a similar experience by them of another company, if yes did they resolve the issue if yes how?
Ombudsman is next to useless, and the energy company in question keeps fobbing us off and are clearly intent on not paying up.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Energy Companies on 23:17 - Jul 7 with 4174 viewsKilkennyjack

You can claim for amounts up to £10,000 in a small claims court, and there is no minimum amount.
Might be worth the fee involved if they are not listening to you.

It might force them to settle.

Good luck.

Beware of the Risen People

Energy Companies on 23:21 - Jul 7 with 4172 viewsmax936

Energy Companies on 23:17 - Jul 7 by Kilkennyjack

You can claim for amounts up to £10,000 in a small claims court, and there is no minimum amount.
Might be worth the fee involved if they are not listening to you.

It might force them to settle.

Good luck.

Yeah, my brother reckons that's an option open to us, its regarding my late parents house, they've actually got a bereavement team obviously in name only.

Energy Companies on 00:10 - Jul 8 with 4138 viewsmajorraglan

Try one of the big newspapers, Telegraph etc as they have journalists who do the same type of thing as Watchdog. I’m sure one of them would probably assist as they’re on to a winner and would get a positive result.

Was reading the other day about people who were having difficulty getting Vueling to fulfill their statutory obligations, a couple of customers were looking to go to Court but Vueling don’t have an address in the U.K. to serve the papers on so people ant get them in Court. Outrageous - how does the CAA let them get away with it? I’d have thought there’s grounds to stop them flying in to the U.K. if they won’t meet their obligations.
Energy Companies on 07:48 - Jul 8 with 4087 viewsBoundy

We're not owed anywhere near that amount but we are owed a a couple of hundred and dispute numerous phone calls they're not interested, this along with paying ridiculously high monthly payments for our gas dispute being £900 in credit.
When did this country become so greedy .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Energy Companies on 08:46 - Jul 8 with 4065 viewsYrAlarch

Energy Companies on 07:48 - Jul 8 by Boundy

We're not owed anywhere near that amount but we are owed a a couple of hundred and dispute numerous phone calls they're not interested, this along with paying ridiculously high monthly payments for our gas dispute being £900 in credit.

When Thatcher privatised our utilities.
Energy Companies on 09:16 - Jul 8 with 4043 viewsWhiterockin

Energy Companies on 08:46 - Jul 8 by YrAlarch

Did you buy shares?
Energy Companies on 09:23 - Jul 8 with 4040 viewsBoundy

Energy Companies on 08:46 - Jul 8 by YrAlarch

But its not just utilities, its society in general .People want more for less be it large company down to a jobbing builder we're being screwed by the Banks ,insurance companies etc
We recently returned from a weeks break in Spain , due to my condition (which is under control and needs no further treatment ) my holiday insurance would have cost me a 1,000 for a week , we for the first time took a chance and didn't bother as you now have to declare any and I mean any visit to the doctors within the past two years .
We have numerous public sector worker screaming for 12 % upwards for pay rises for money they've lost due to inflation , we've all suffered and lost money which can never be recovered .As long as we live in capitalist society then I can't see how we can ever have a equal society and the option , well we all know how that didn't / doesn't work

Energy Companies on 09:50 - Jul 8 with 4032 viewsonehunglow

Energy Companies on 09:23 - Jul 8 by Boundy

But its not just utilities, its society in general .People want more for less be it large company down to a jobbing builder we're being screwed by the Banks ,insurance companies etc
We recently returned from a weeks break in Spain , due to my condition (which is under control and needs no further treatment ) my holiday insurance would have cost me a 1,000 for a week , we for the first time took a chance and didn't bother as you now have to declare any and I mean any visit to the doctors within the past two years .
We have numerous public sector worker screaming for 12 % upwards for pay rises for money they've lost due to inflation , we've all suffered and lost money which can never be recovered .As long as we live in capitalist society then I can't see how we can ever have a equal society and the option , well we all know how that didn't / doesn't work

Boundy.
No further treatment …great

Wifeys previous has seen us pay a considerable supplement every year . They have you by the stones

Nationwide BS Flexxplus is the best option though .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Energy Companies on 10:39 - Jul 8 with 4004 viewsYrAlarch

Energy Companies on 09:23 - Jul 8 by Boundy

Of course you are right. I was specifically commenting on your point concerning the energy companies and expanded it to cover the water companies. There seems to have been a cultural change during the Thatcher years and beyond leading to the consumer being, using your word, screwed.
Btw it may be worth shopping around for holiday insurance as some companies do not ask for pre existing conditions.
Glad to hear you are on the mend.
Energy Companies on 11:04 - Jul 8 with 3994 viewsSgorioFruit

around 18 months ago i was paying £75 for gas and electricity combined. I was with SSE.
Then my account automatically moved over to OVO energy. And they started ramping the bills up from £75 to £100, then £164, then £205, and now £259 per month which it currently sits at.

The worse thing is apparently i am now £800 in debt with OVO, even though i havn't missed one of their ridiculous monthly payments.

They not having that £800 out of me, i am sure they have just magically made that figure up from somewhere.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Energy Companies on 11:15 - Jul 8 with 3965 viewsWhiterockin

Energy Companies on 11:04 - Jul 8 by SgorioFruit

around 18 months ago i was paying £75 for gas and electricity combined. I was with SSE.
Then my account automatically moved over to OVO energy. And they started ramping the bills up from £75 to £100, then £164, then £205, and now £259 per month which it currently sits at.

The worse thing is apparently i am now £800 in debt with OVO, even though i havn't missed one of their ridiculous monthly payments.

They not having that £800 out of me, i am sure they have just magically made that figure up from somewhere.

Ask for a copy of your bills since you have been with them and check your current meter readings.

When I was automatically transferred over ( not the same companies) I was told there was nothing owing and no credit. I said that is virtually impossible for it to be exactly the same. I checked my bills and was over £300 in credit which I had to fight for but got it back.
Energy Companies on 12:31 - Jul 8 with 3936 viewsunion_jack

Energy Companies on 11:15 - Jul 8 by Whiterockin

Ask for a copy of your bills since you have been with them and check your current meter readings.

When I was automatically transferred over ( not the same companies) I was told there was nothing owing and no credit. I said that is virtually impossible for it to be exactly the same. I checked my bills and was over £300 in credit which I had to fight for but got it back.

I’m with Ctopus and I have to say they’ve been first class. I was overpaying as I like to be in credit but they’ve automatically adjusted my monthly DD to a lower payment. I’d recommend them.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Energy Companies on 13:59 - Jul 8 with 3879 viewsSullutaCreturned

Energy Companies on 12:31 - Jul 8 by union_jack

I’m with Ctopus and I have to say they’ve been first class. I was overpaying as I like to be in credit but they’ve automatically adjusted my monthly DD to a lower payment. I’d recommend them.

I'm also with Octopis and I'm 100% in agreement. We're still in a fixed 2 year tariff til October so our bills haven't risen much. I started overpaying to build up a buffer, then the govt stepped in but I returned the adjusted DD to what I had been paying (200quid) I have taken 500 back out in March but was still 200 in credit. Now we are 525 in credit because we use hardly any gas, they charged us 1.65 last month!

Octopus are esy to deal with, you can do it online and when I requested a repayment it took 5 working days to process and went straight into our account.

I'd recommend Octopus too.
Energy Companies on 19:18 - Jul 8 with 3813 viewsunion_jack

Energy Companies on 13:59 - Jul 8 by SullutaCreturned

I'm also with Octopis and I'm 100% in agreement. We're still in a fixed 2 year tariff til October so our bills haven't risen much. I started overpaying to build up a buffer, then the govt stepped in but I returned the adjusted DD to what I had been paying (200quid) I have taken 500 back out in March but was still 200 in credit. Now we are 525 in credit because we use hardly any gas, they charged us 1.65 last month!

Octopus are esy to deal with, you can do it online and when I requested a repayment it took 5 working days to process and went straight into our account.

I'd recommend Octopus too.

It seems from both of our opening lines that neither of us are with Octopus😂

Energy Companies on 20:31 - Jul 8 with 3777 viewsbritferry

I had a similar problem with mine "they wanted to build up a cushion", I said "great idea but I prefer having my cushion in my bank account", I only pay what the meter reading says now.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Energy Companies on 22:11 - Jul 8 with 3746 viewsSullutaCreturned

Energy Companies on 19:18 - Jul 8 by union_jack

It seems from both of our opening lines that neither of us are with Octopus😂

Well that or we are both illiterate idiots....I no eye ham, wot ubowt ewe?
Energy Companies on 22:24 - Jul 8 with 3730 viewsunion_jack

Energy Companies on 22:11 - Jul 8 by SullutaCreturned

Well that or we are both illiterate idiots....I no eye ham, wot ubowt ewe?

Bastolutey!

Energy Companies on 22:46 - Jul 8 with 3726 viewsSullutaCreturned

Energy Companies on 22:24 - Jul 8 by union_jack

Bastolutey!

So we are both with Octopussy then.

And I still thoroughly recommend them.
Energy Companies on 10:56 - Jul 9 with 3656 viewsModeratorD

Energy Companies on 07:48 - Jul 8 by Boundy

How do you find out what you are owed please?
Energy Companies on 11:10 - Jul 9 with 3646 viewsmax936

Energy Companies on 10:56 - Jul 9 by ModeratorD

How do you find out what you are owed please?

In our case the energy company just told us, they said they'd reimburse us and pay it back into the bank account, but the account had been closed because the holders had passed away, they were told this, but still messed us about then said they'd send a cheque, still waiting!

Energy Cf3ompanies on 12:12 - Jul 9 with 3609 viewsBoundy

Energy Companies on 10:39 - Jul 8 by YrAlarch

Of course you are right. I was specifically commenting on your point concerning the energy companies and expanded it to cover the water companies. There seems to have been a cultural change during the Thatcher years and beyond leading to the consumer being, using your word, screwed.
Btw it may be worth shopping around for holiday insurance as some companies do not ask for pre existing conditions.
Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Just a quick reference to your last paragraph and my comment regarding treatment I'll continue with ongoing injection every 3 months but other than that I'm fine thanks and apologies for the slight derail

Energy Cf3ompanies on 10:20 - Jul 10 with 3475 viewsYrAlarch

Energy Cf3ompanies on 12:12 - Jul 9 by Boundy

Just a quick reference to your last paragraph and my comment regarding treatment I'll continue with ongoing injection every 3 months but other than that I'm fine thanks and apologies for the slight derail

Apology not necessary.
As others have pointed out, Octopus is the best and consistently comes top for customer service in the Which? magazine.
Stay healthy.
Energy Cf3ompanies on 10:33 - Jul 10 with 3472 viewsonehunglow

Energy Cf3ompanies on 10:20 - Jul 10 by YrAlarch

Apology not necessary.
As others have pointed out, Octopus is the best and consistently comes top for customer service in the Which? magazine.
Stay healthy.

I was in the Utility industry for eleven years before retiring.
The big six screw people whenever they can
Octopus are excellent and fair,as are a couple of other small companies especially Ovo.
BG can offer very good on line deals but their service and customer care is sweetie

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Energy Companies on 15:27 - Jul 10 with 3428 viewsbuilthjack

Oh for the days when the meter reader came around and read the meter every quarter.
You had an itemised bill in the post a week later and had a fortnight to pay before the red letter.
Everyone knew where they were.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Energy Companies on 15:31 - Jul 10 with 3418 viewsWhiterockin

Energy Companies on 15:27 - Jul 10 by builthjack

Oh for the days when the meter reader came around and read the meter every quarter.
You had an itemised bill in the post a week later and had a fortnight to pay before the red letter.
Everyone knew where they were.

Oh for the days when you could rewind the meter and had to remember to have it going the right way when the meter man came around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024