Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coppers. What is the point 10:51 - Jul 12 with 1594 viewsonehunglow

When was the last time anyone presented this filthy things to anyone for payment .
Surely they should be discontinued ,like the Farthing .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Coppers. What is the point on 11:00 - Jul 12 with 1577 viewsBoundy

I do like a truppeny bit and a florin now that's something else

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Coppers. What is the point on 12:21 - Jul 12 with 1542 viewsonehunglow

Coppers. What is the point on 11:00 - Jul 12 by Boundy

I do like a truppeny bit and a florin now that's something else

Nuts though innit

Coppers. What is the point on 18:18 - Jul 12 with 1424 viewsbritferry

1HL - Weren't you a copper ?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Coppers. What is the point on 19:02 - Jul 12 with 1401 viewsonehunglow

Coppers. What is the point on 18:18 - Jul 12 by britferry

1HL - Weren't you a copper ?

I’ve been many things.

Coppers. What is the point on 19:34 - Jul 12 with 1389 viewsModeratorD

The purpose of it is psychological.
Many people see £9.99 and think " Aw £9.00" etc .
Plus it is extra profit for stallholders in fairs and markets, who invariably advertise at .99 but how many people pay the extra penny ?
Coppers. What is the point on 21:23 - Jul 12 with 1349 viewsWhiterockin

Coppers. What is the point on 19:34 - Jul 12 by ModeratorD

The purpose of it is psychological.
Many people see £9.99 and think " Aw £9.00" etc .
Plus it is extra profit for stallholders in fairs and markets, who invariably advertise at .99 but how many people pay the extra penny ?

How many still pay in cash, so the value of individual coins is of no relevance.
Coppers. What is the point on 22:46 - Jul 12 with 1307 viewsonehunglow

Some good points
Ban coppers now
Filthy things

Coppers. What is the point on 08:57 - Jul 13 with 1242 viewsBoundy

Coppers. What is the point on 21:23 - Jul 12 by Whiterockin

How many still pay in cash, so the value of individual coins is of no relevance.

I try to as much as possible , but people are lazy and understandably look for the easiest way to carry out an actions, tap and go or delve into a purse or wallet looking for the right amount then wait for the change.
The trouble is once we lose the choice and we become totally cashless (or as near as dam it) then we lose our personal power imo

Login to get fewer ads

Coppers. What is the point on 12:45 - Jul 13 with 1217 viewsWhiterockin

Coppers. What is the point on 08:57 - Jul 13 by Boundy

I try to as much as possible , but people are lazy and understandably look for the easiest way to carry out an actions, tap and go or delve into a purse or wallet looking for the right amount then wait for the change.
The trouble is once we lose the choice and we become totally cashless (or as near as dam it) then we lose our personal power imo

It also curbs those who deal only in cash to avoid tax.
Coppers. What is the point on 13:16 - Jul 13 with 1195 viewsBoundy

Coppers. What is the point on 12:45 - Jul 13 by Whiterockin

It also curbs those who deal only in cash to avoid tax.

There is that , I couldn't quote any figures about how much tax is lost to non declaration (millions if not hundreds of I suppose each year) .The downside should this curb this practice would be a an already high hourly rate charged by the self employed ,

Incoming

Coppers. What is the point on 06:37 - Jul 15 with 1079 viewsmangohilljack

people need to stop being lazy!! Use cash at every opportunity as once it's gone it's gone.
Has anybody noticed that you know have to go through an interview process to withdraw larger amounts of cash. Why should anybody be questioned about withdrawing your hard earned from the bank?

Notice the amount of people that are having their bank accounts frozen for simply having an alternative opinion to the current narrative.

I have a safe for my cash the banks aren't getting their filthy mitts on it for any longer than the couple of minutes it takes for my employer to deposit my wages into the ban.

use it or lose it
Coppers. What is the point on 08:35 - Jul 15 with 1068 viewsGwyn737

Coppers. What is the point on 06:37 - Jul 15 by mangohilljack

people need to stop being lazy!! Use cash at every opportunity as once it's gone it's gone.
Has anybody noticed that you know have to go through an interview process to withdraw larger amounts of cash. Why should anybody be questioned about withdrawing your hard earned from the bank?

Notice the amount of people that are having their bank accounts frozen for simply having an alternative opinion to the current narrative.

I have a safe for my cash the banks aren't getting their filthy mitts on it for any longer than the couple of minutes it takes for my employer to deposit my wages into the ban.

use it or lose it

Who is having their bank accounts closed?
Coppers. What is the point on 08:46 - Jul 15 with 1066 viewsangryjack

Coppers. What is the point on 21:23 - Jul 12 by Whiterockin

Me and I will always,when cash disappears look out
Coppers. What is the point on 13:58 - Jul 15 with 1011 viewsonehunglow

Sorry I started this now .
I was being rather obtuse really but some interesting viewpoints however

Coppers. What is the point on 15:13 - Jul 15 with 990 viewsSullutaCreturned

Coppers. What is the point on 06:37 - Jul 15 by mangohilljack

use it or lose it

I withdrew 1000 this week in cash and nobody asked me why?

I don't personally know anyone who's had a bank account frozen apart from ONE person who declared themselves bankrupt and that was nigh on 10 years ago.

I prefer to pay by card, it's safer. lose a card and you can report it and block it, lose cash and it's most likely gone for good. But then, I have nothing to hide.
Coppers. What is the point on 15:17 - Jul 15 with 986 viewsonehunglow

Coppers. What is the point on 15:13 - Jul 15 by SullutaCreturned

I withdrew 1000 this week in cash and nobody asked me why?

I don't personally know anyone who's had a bank account frozen apart from ONE person who declared themselves bankrupt and that was nigh on 10 years ago.

I prefer to pay by card, it's safer. lose a card and you can report it and block it, lose cash and it's most likely gone for good. But then, I have nothing to hide.

Cash was King.
Not now

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024