Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat 18:12 - Jul 21 with 11785 viewsWhiterockin

Will this be the first "serious" friendly where we start off with possibly our best starting 11 and tweak it as we go on.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 00:21 - Jul 22 with 1342 viewsDr_Winston

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 00:04 - Jul 22 by Fireboy2

Unbelievable Doc, tbh though it isn't alot, thankfully.

Not sure if I agree that it isn't a lot.

To be honest, as tedious as the football has mostly been for the last four years, the only thing that has genuinely made me consider whether continuing to follow the Swans is worth my time is other "supporters".

I'm almost insulted by the concept of being damned by association with a lot of these people. The lack of even basic appraisal of some of the nonsense that they cheerfully share with others is dispiriting.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 07:19 - Jul 22 with 1188 viewsFireboy2

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 00:21 - Jul 22 by Dr_Winston

Not sure if I agree that it isn't a lot.

To be honest, as tedious as the football has mostly been for the last four years, the only thing that has genuinely made me consider whether continuing to follow the Swans is worth my time is other "supporters".

I'm almost insulted by the concept of being damned by association with a lot of these people. The lack of even basic appraisal of some of the nonsense that they cheerfully share with others is dispiriting.

Internet forums attract certain types who just like to moan and this forum is a platform for them to spill their guts, in the real.world most people wouldn't entertain them

I find it quite entertaining mate.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 07:59 - Jul 22 with 1149 viewsjojaca

We have struggled against Oxford in non friendlies of late, so I wouldn't worry too much about last night performance. I think the players will need a reasonable amount of time to adapt to Duff's style after coming from heavy possession style.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 8:00]

Even when you know, you never know?

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 08:31 - Jul 22 with 1116 viewsangryjack

Need a new centre half to replace cabango..
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 09:17 - Jul 22 with 1069 viewsraynor94

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 23:48 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

It's quite telling that there are a lot of names conspicuous by their absence during most of pre-season who have filled their boots tonight.

Pathetic really, but we do have, sadly to say, quite a lot of pathetic people in our fanbase.

Couldn't agree more, its sickening

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 09:21 - Jul 22 with 1058 viewsonehunglow

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 07:19 - Jul 22 by Fireboy2

Internet forums attract certain types who just like to moan and this forum is a platform for them to spill their guts, in the real.world most people wouldn't entertain them

I find it quite entertaining mate.

It attracts you

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 09:52 - Jul 22 with 1023 viewscockneyswan

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:47 - Jul 21 by raynor94

Overreaction in the first order, god help when we lose are first league game

👍
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 10:02 - Jul 22 with 1001 viewsonehunglow

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 09:52 - Jul 22 by cockneyswan

👍

There again,if we had blinded them then we d be chippy

Let’s face it, we always look to make ourselves feel better

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 10:20 - Jul 22 with 977 viewscadleigh

I’m confident that the supporters who demanded that Martin get three full seasons to show what he can do (and piled in on anyone who suggested otherwise) will show the same patience and tolerance to Mr Duff).

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 10:34 - Jul 22 with 960 viewsonehunglow

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 10:20 - Jul 22 by cadleigh

I’m confident that the supporters who demanded that Martin get three full seasons to show what he can do (and piled in on anyone who suggested otherwise) will show the same patience and tolerance to Mr Duff).

I’m never confident

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 10:49 - Jul 22 with 940 viewsWhiterockin

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 10:20 - Jul 22 by cadleigh

And those who were critical of Martin and showed no patience will be the same to Duff if there is no improvement this season.

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 10:57 - Jul 22 with 928 viewsvetchonian

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 10:49 - Jul 22 by Whiterockin

And those who were critical of Martin and showed no patience will be the same to Duff if there is no improvement this season.

I think that goes without saying WR.

But as Doc W has been saying there has been a massive overreaction to last night which is a pre season friendly.
Lots of posters who have been mia until last night filling their boots over the result yet not visible when we had the clean sheets and wins previously.
It is still very much early doors for Duff as others have said let's wait until we ve played four or five games before we write him off and see if and how he learns and adapts.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 11:09 - Jul 22 with 911 viewsonehunglow

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 10:57 - Jul 22 by vetchonian

But as Doc W has been saying there has been a massive overreaction to last night which is a pre season friendly.
Lots of posters who have been mia until last night filling their boots over the result yet not visible when we had the clean sheets and wins previously.
It is still very much early doors for Duff as others have said let's wait until we ve played four or five games before we write him off and see if and how he learns and adapts.

Fans live in the moment.
If it’s good,they re happy.
If it’s bad,they re not.

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 11:28 - Jul 22 with 898 viewsKeithHaynes

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 10:57 - Jul 22 by vetchonian

Not sure the one reaction was massive, not on here anyway.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 11:32 - Jul 22 with 885 viewscadleigh

Precisely! Although even four or five games seems a bit quick to be making judgments. As I recall, I first started expressing doubts over Martin after Fulham (10 games in) and didn’t elevate that concern to wanting him out until after Xmas of that season. But I have been critical of every Swans manager I can recall at one point or another* so I don’t expect Duff will be different. The key thing is to be able to debate this rationally and not try or close down people with a contrary view. That happened too much under Martin.

(*There’s a difference between being critical of a manager and wanting them out of course. I never wanted Martinez or Rodgers out but I was plenty critical of Martinez for his lack of a Plan B and Rodgers for taking Tikki Takka to the point of being boring)

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 12:09 - Jul 22 with 833 viewsWhiterockin

I have been right behind the new management structure, albeit questioning where the "significant investment" is and how much, why the secrecy. That aside I probably expected too much and that is why I was so bitterly disappointed last night. IMO apart from Ntcham and Fulton man for man they were better. Yes it was a friendly and not so important and yes they are getting used to a new system but individual errors are inexcusable. I have praised so far mentioning the clean sheets and the introduction of the youngsters and the progress they are making. I have also backed the management with the departures and signings. So yes I will give Duff time, but don't say it is wrong to criticise where its due.

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 13:05 - Jul 22 with 766 viewsTenbySwan

Judging by some of the comments on here itt's going to be a long season 💤💤💤 😉

Not a great performance but give the guys a chance !!!
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 13:32 - Jul 22 with 741 viewsJackDragon

Just to put friendlies into context. In July 2009 Newcastle went to Brisbane Road and got thumped 6-1 by Leyton Orient. Newcastle then went on to romp away with Championship accumultaing 102pts losing only 4 league games all seaon and only conceding 35 goals in 46 games. Leyton Orient went on to finish 17th in league one. Friendlies mean very little in the long term. STID.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 18:16 - Jul 22 with 628 viewsshingle

It was only a friendly but that is the case for Oxford as well so all it boils down to we lost to a team from a lower division who were better than us now on to the next game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024