Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 112954 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:10 - May 16 with 675 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 18:20 - May 10 by SullutaCreturned

Yes, if caught and found guilty they should face the appropriate punishment. Though I thought you didnt scan the news for negativity, that's only when it a story that suits you I guess.

Did you think I'd agree with criminality? Seeing as it's been me that's said we need more cameras and more police to catch the criminal motorists who continue to kill and injure the innocent.

Maybe you should try again? Maybe you don'tlike it that what I've been saying could be true, that simply lowering a speed limit won't matter to the idiots who always break speed limits.

My experience of a 100 mile trip into Wales last week wasn’t too bad .Coming off the Expressway one needs concentration as just outside Caernarfon the road drops to 20 mph from 70mph.
It’s the same as driving in a 60 which drops to 40/30/20.
It’s about concentration and application.
Anyway,doing 20 in a long straight road that is quiet takes some app,cation as 23 mph will see yiu get a ticket. Thousands issued last week by Gog Police .
I dropped to 18 mph which saw a Range Rover up my arse for the duration of the limit. Back in the day,I’d have stopped dead ,got out and tw@tied the driver. These are cretins of the road . Big car ,bad driver . It’s often the case their attitude kills .
It’s all about attitude. I might have said so before .

Rog posts in good faith but if it’s Wales ,it can’t be wrong .
I’m not sure 20 mph is a good idea and I’m right stuck on the fence

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 12:42 - May 16 with 650 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 11:10 - May 16 by onehunglow

My experience of a 100 mile trip into Wales last week wasn’t too bad .Coming off the Expressway one needs concentration as just outside Caernarfon the road drops to 20 mph from 70mph.
Anyway,doing 20 in a long straight road that is quiet takes some app,cation as 23 mph will see yiu get a ticket. Thousands issued last week by Gog Police .
I dropped to 18 mph which saw a Range Rover up my arse for the duration of the limit. Back in the day,I’d have stopped dead ,got out and tw@tied the driver. These are cretins of the road . Big car ,bad driver . It’s often the case their attitude kills .

Back in nicer era a driver would slow down and when safe to do so allow the vehicle(s) behind indicate to allow them to pass . Their choice of course.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 16:23 - May 16 with 590 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 11:10 - May 16 by onehunglow

Quite often me and my colleague travel from Skewen to Pontardawe via Birchgrove and Glais. There are stretches there that are 20mph and almost every time we get overtaken by people who speed off clerly doing a lot more than 20.

Near to my house there is a junction with a mini roundabout, the road is 20mph but people dont jst speed, they don't give way at the roundabout. There have been several accidents and very many near misses.

These people are the caue of the problem, not the 30mph limits. We need to clamp down on the bad drivers, the dangerous drivers and we need to have punishments that will force them into line.
It makes no difference to everyone who drives safely if they are rammed by some pillock who is speeding and loses control. It makes no difference to safe drivers if some fool is looking at their mobile phone and smacks into them head on.

We need to deal with the root of the problem.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:06 - May 16 with 561 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 16:23 - May 16 by SullutaCreturned

Quite often me and my colleague travel from Skewen to Pontardawe via Birchgrove and Glais. There are stretches there that are 20mph and almost every time we get overtaken by people who speed off clerly doing a lot more than 20.

Near to my house there is a junction with a mini roundabout, the road is 20mph but people dont jst speed, they don't give way at the roundabout. There have been several accidents and very many near misses.

These people are the caue of the problem, not the 30mph limits. We need to clamp down on the bad drivers, the dangerous drivers and we need to have punishments that will force them into line.
It makes no difference to everyone who drives safely if they are rammed by some pillock who is speeding and loses control. It makes no difference to safe drivers if some fool is looking at their mobile phone and smacks into them head on.

This iOS exactly my point and after 74 pages ,it still hasn't sunk in for some
Wales has it wrong
There are loads of 20 mph on Wirral including our Close and its environs
Dykhead drivers drive both too fast and too slow for conditions
Me seem to have an epidemic of Cretins munching on their breakfast including a cup of coffee , held on hand, and also in mobile dialogue
No? Fooking look at them out there

We have drivers in Range Rovers , supine in their acquisitive glory and tw@ts seemingly seeing chucking cans of Ren Bull into the nearest ditch as far as possible

These tosses would be dangerous at 10 mph

The 20MPH punishments on 19:34 - May 16 with 541 viewsunion_jack

I was driving down lower Oxford Street today and approaching the junction just after The Brooklands pub (as was) when this car cut across me at great speed coming from the old hospital square. He looked at me as crossed my path and even now I’m not sure if he was playing some kind of Russian roulette or he wasn’t aware of the junction. One second later and I’d not be typing this now or for some time, maybe never, it was that fast. He must have floored it from the crossroads. He wasn’t obeying the 20 mph limit that’s for sure .
[Post edited 17 May 14:13]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 19:42 - May 16 with 538 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 10:47 - May 16 by onehunglow

You seem obsessed with defending Wales in any way.
This is. Serious subject you raise and it deserves responses of quality. By and large we are getting it.
Wales is not perfect and pointing this out is not heresy.

You are wrong yet again.

All of the studies I have highlighted in this thread that have shown 20mph to be a success have been in locations outside Wales.

Can’t take lectures off you regarding quantity responses, your solution for any problem is to tw’t the person causing it.

Anyway, taking a break now, off fishing for the summer, stay safe and remember twenty is plenty.👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
The 20MPH punishments on 19:52 - May 16 with 527 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 19:34 - May 16 by union_jack

I was driving down lower Oxford Street today and approaching the junction just after The Brooklands pub (as was) when this car cut across me at great speed coming from the old hospital square. He looked at me as crossed my path and even now I’m not sure if he was playing some kind of Russian roulette or he wasn’t aware of the junction. One second later and I’d not be typing this now or for some time, maybe never, it was that fast. He must have floored it from the crossroads. He wasn’t obeying the 20 mph limit that’s for sure .
[Post edited 17 May 14:13]

My money is on drug driving.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The 20MPH punishments on 20:05 - May 16 with 510 viewsunion_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:52 - May 16 by Whiterockin

My money is on drug driving.

From the look he gave me I wouldn’t rule that out.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 20:57 - May 16 with 473 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 19:42 - May 16 by lifelong

You are wrong yet again.

All of the studies I have highlighted in this thread that have shown 20mph to be a success have been in locations outside Wales.

Can’t take lectures off you regarding quantity responses, your solution for any problem is to tw’t the person causing it.

Anyway, taking a break now, off fishing for the summer, stay safe and remember twenty is plenty.👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

You too,but leave the fish alone

The 20MPH punishments on 21:44 - May 16 with 460 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 16:23 - May 16 by SullutaCreturned

There is very little between Skewen and Glais that needs to be 20mph, and even when there is justification for it (when the schools are open) there is never a GoSafe van to be found. They'd rather nab people at Evenings and Weekends, making the cash grab nature of them even more obvious.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 22:17 - May 16 with 420 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 21:44 - May 16 by Dr_Winston

There is very little between Skewen and Glais that needs to be 20mph, and even when there is justification for it (when the schools are open) there is never a GoSafe van to be found. They'd rather nab people at Evenings and Weekends, making the cash grab nature of them even more obvious.

Going through Birchgrove from the Bowens Arms up to the end of the council houses could have stayed at 30 with a wide avenue that it is then from the Bridge End inn down to the crossroads could be and due to the road conditions should be 20mph but then on till Glais as it is 40 mph which imo more than adequate and safe

The 20MPH punishments on 22:23 - May 16 with 408 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 22:17 - May 16 by Boundy

Going through Birchgrove from the Bowens Arms up to the end of the council houses could have stayed at 30 with a wide avenue that it is then from the Bridge End inn down to the crossroads could be and due to the road conditions should be 20mph but then on till Glais as it is 40 mph which imo more than adequate and safe

I often drive up the Swansea valley, but I go down to Ynysforgan roundabout and up that way. Much of the road to Ystradgynlais is restricted to 40 mph, interspersed with some stretches at 60 mph. That doesn't make sense, the entire road should be 60
The 20MPH punishments on 22:31 - May 16 with 405 viewsDr_Winston

The limits on the A4067 were dropped in response to two dickheads killing a girl by racing at 90mph. Quite why that required a reduction in the speed limit to 40mph is a mystery, but this is the same mentality behind the blanket 20mph requirements.

Maybe if they'd installed speed cameras but kept the limit at 60mph then people wouldn't keep cutting the cameras down.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 06:12 - May 17 with 383 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 22:31 - May 16 by Dr_Winston

The limits on the A4067 were dropped in response to two dickheads killing a girl by racing at 90mph. Quite why that required a reduction in the speed limit to 40mph is a mystery, but this is the same mentality behind the blanket 20mph requirements.

Maybe if they'd installed speed cameras but kept the limit at 60mph then people wouldn't keep cutting the cameras down.

Coming off nights and often the only car on the road it makes no sense at all.

The 20MPH punishments on 10:03 - May 17 with 323 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 22:31 - May 16 by Dr_Winston

No, the 20mph limit is based on evidence and trials done elsewhere, it's not a knee jerk
The 20MPH punishments on 10:27 - May 17 with 318 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 06:12 - May 17 by Whiterockin

Coming off nights and often the only car on the road it makes no sense at all.

Yeah and fewer to tw@t too.
Life mentioned “ studies”.
It’s often the case that the vest studies are that which one sees not reads .
And on it goes
It also has to be said that putting forward views strongly ,with a little levity,is not lecturing .

The 20MPH punishments on 12:24 - May 17 with 308 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 10:03 - May 17 by controversial_jack

No, the 20mph limit is based on evidence and trials done elsewhere, it's not a knee jerk

On this particular stretch of road what evidence was the decision based on ?
I can tell you now that the reason there is a speed camera fitted just after the motorway exit on Peniel Green Road was because a lady was knocked down (not killed), this was 15 years ago
The speed limit on the stretch between Ynysforgan and Pontadawe prior to the fitting of speed cameras was 60mph , the killers were driving at over 30 mph over the speed limit so regardless what the limit is you'll always get someone breaking it.

The 20MPH punishments on 12:44 - May 17 with 292 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 12:24 - May 17 by Boundy

On this particular stretch of road what evidence was the decision based on ?
I can tell you now that the reason there is a speed camera fitted just after the motorway exit on Peniel Green Road was because a lady was knocked down (not killed), this was 15 years ago
The speed limit on the stretch between Ynysforgan and Pontadawe prior to the fitting of speed cameras was 60mph , the killers were driving at over 30 mph over the speed limit so regardless what the limit is you'll always get someone breaking it.

i'm on about in general , not individual stretches of road. Trials and experience have shown 20mph has cut down on deaths and injuries.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:47 - May 17 with 277 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 12:44 - May 17 by controversial_jack

i'm on about in general , not individual stretches of road. Trials and experience have shown 20mph has cut down on deaths and injuries.

and that's the augment gone in one sentence , a blanket reduction in the speed limit regardless whether its needed or not.

The 20MPH punishments on 13:54 - May 17 with 266 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 13:47 - May 17 by Boundy

and that's the augment gone in one sentence , a blanket reduction in the speed limit regardless whether its needed or not.

No, just where it's needed , and not after an incident.Speed limits are about prevention. Having one after an incident is too late
The 20MPH punishments on 13:59 - May 17 with 272 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 12:44 - May 17 by controversial_jack

Either

A) The dull idiots in the Senedd introduced a blanket ban when it was not needed.
or
B)The dull idiots in the Senedd are lifting some restrictions when they are needed.

Alternatively (C) the dull idiots in the Senedd do not know what they are doing.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 18:41 - May 17 with 204 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 13:59 - May 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

Either

A) The dull idiots in the Senedd introduced a blanket ban when it was not needed.
or
B)The dull idiots in the Senedd are lifting some restrictions when they are needed.

Alternatively (C) the dull idiots in the Senedd do not know what they are doing.

It's not a blanket limit as there are many 30 mph stretches still remaining
The 20MPH punishments on 19:10 - May 17 with 198 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 18:41 - May 17 by controversial_jack

It's a blanket with holes in it.

The 20MPH punishments on 19:25 - May 17 with 182 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 18:41 - May 17 by controversial_jack

Well if you want to substitute blanket for widescale please go ahead they are still obviously incompetent.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 20:20 - May 17 with 156 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 08:48 - Aug 4 by majorraglan

There is definitely a requirement for 20 mph speed limits IN SOME PLACES, but it shouldn’t be the default everywhere.I’ve no issues with it outside schools, on walk to school routes used by kids (it can be timed say between 8am an 9.30a, then again at the end of the school day) outside parks etc etc.
The problem we have is that it’s become a politicians pet project and criticism or attempts to modify it get short shrift as they don’t want to make changes which will cause them to lose face. Politicians tend to be surrounded by special advisors who promote the narrative and civil servants who are there to implement government policy, if the civil service highlight concerns etc they’ll be seen as militant which they aren’t and get criticised heavily - look at the references we’ve been seeing in relation to the blob in papers such as the Daily Mail, the civil servants can’t help it if some of their masters are morons trying to introduce stupid ideas. Look what happened with Truss and Kwarteng, they decide to get rid of the top guy at the treasury as they aren’t keen on treasury orthodoxy, what happens next? They decide to appoint a new person, move ahead with their own ideas ignoring the likes of the OBR etc and the whole thing implodes because the system and markets don’t like what’s happening. They cost us £65bn ffs!

We’re having the 20mph limit here, but it’s coming in all over the place including cities and towns in England.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 21:50]

On Wirral,it is almost all 20 mph in most estates and villages
It’s not enforced though as Heddlu Cymru
[Post edited 17 May 20:20]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024