Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97664 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:11 - Oct 4 with 1083 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 11:53 - Oct 4 by felixstowe_jack

I meant meaningful referendums, like devolution, EU membership and changing our voting system from FPTP to proportional representation.

Drakeford ignored that he gave voters to children and now proposes more Senedd members with close list to appoint them from with voters unable to select their own MS.

It's a mystery to me how the Labour supporters aren't up in arms over his blatant attack on democracy.

There's no money for us plebs but there's money for more politicians.

And they gave the vote to kids because the young are usually Labour voters
The 20MPH punishments on 16:15 - Oct 4 with 1082 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 16:11 - Oct 4 by SullutaCreturned

It's a mystery to me how the Labour supporters aren't up in arms over his blatant attack on democracy.

There's no money for us plebs but there's money for more politicians.

And they gave the vote to kids because the young are usually Labour voters

They probably are but would dream of saying so as their their brothers and sisters will see their backsides .
It’s solidarity innit.
Labour has it
Tories don’t

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 20:43 - Oct 4 with 1024 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 11:02 - Oct 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

Drove home late last night, drove through two long 20 mph zones outside schools. I think I prefer the approach where signs are turned on during school hours.
There's no kids around at 2am.

I travelled along the B road between Llanelli and Carmarthen today, there was 1 stretch of 20mph road about 100 yards long in a place called Cynheidre, - blink and you’ll miss the place and then another stretch through Pontyates village which was 2.3m long. There are 2 primary schools on the road but they’re at each end of the village and both all ready had 20mph limits before the limit was extended to the whole village last month - 2.3 miles of 20mph ffs.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 23:21]
The 20MPH punishments on 22:53 - Oct 4 with 994 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 16:15 - Oct 4 by onehunglow

They probably are but would dream of saying so as their their brothers and sisters will see their backsides .
It’s solidarity innit.
Labour has it
Tories don’t

You mean solidarity like ed milliband turning on his brother and Strummer disowning Corbyn.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 09:48 - Oct 5 with 941 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 22:53 - Oct 4 by felixstowe_jack

You mean solidarity like ed milliband turning on his brother and Strummer disowning Corbyn.

Lol.
Yep,it’s all about bothers and sisters and solidarity against the State,the status quo,the rich,the posh etc

The 20MPH punishments on 12:46 - Oct 5 with 920 viewspencoedjack

I drove home from Bristol airport last night ...............

Why cant the government use a bit of common sense & if they really believe that driving at 50 mph helps ease congestion do this just during peak times.

On the trip to & from Bristol both were driven on empty motorways & to have to drive at 50 from Tredegar Park to just before Magor is pretty nauseating, in France speeds on motorways are changed dependent on if its raining or not, surely we could do something similar?

I am sure everyone is aware the Welsh Labour plan to make all motorways 50 MPH in the future!

I'd also advise Drakeford, Gething & co to take a trip to Bristol Airport to see how to run one they can also look at all the businesses popping up on the road just after the bridge.

Good infrastructure attracts business you fools.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:03 - Oct 5 with 899 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 12:46 - Oct 5 by pencoedjack

Why cant the government use a bit of common sense & if they really believe that driving at 50 mph helps ease congestion do this just during peak times.

On the trip to & from Bristol both were driven on empty motorways & to have to drive at 50 from Tredegar Park to just before Magor is pretty nauseating, in France speeds on motorways are changed dependent on if its raining or not, surely we could do something similar?

I am sure everyone is aware the Welsh Labour plan to make all motorways 50 MPH in the future!

I'd also advise Drakeford, Gething & co to take a trip to Bristol Airport to see how to run one they can also look at all the businesses popping up on the road just after the bridge.

Spot on.
The 20MPH punishments on 23:04 - Oct 5 with 848 viewslifelong

Took our daughter and family to Bristol airport in August, driven there many times. They seem to have changed the route and is now poorly sign posted. Had to pay £5 to drop them off and a further £5 to pick them up 10 days later. Luckily I didn’t have to pay the £18 emissions charge for each journey.
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 23:33 - Oct 5 with 839 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 23:04 - Oct 5 by lifelong

Took our daughter and family to Bristol airport in August, driven there many times. They seem to have changed the route and is now poorly sign posted. Had to pay £5 to drop them off and a further £5 to pick them up 10 days later. Luckily I didn’t have to pay the £18 emissions charge for each journey.

I’m a regular visitor to Bristol. Pencoed Jack is right about the investment along the M49, there’s a lot going on there and Bristol is also benefitting from company relocations from London.

In terms of Bristol Airport, I think it’s a terrible place. I agree with your comments about access roads and I also agree with your comments about the £5 drop off charge - it’s a complete ripoff. Whenever I’ve flown from Bristol I’ve been less than impressed with the experience and last week was no exception. There queues to check baggage in for most airlines were enormous, the queue for security was also massive (probably trying to “encourage” people to pay for and use the fast track service) and once inside the departures area there were no seats anywhere and the cafes and restaurants were heaving and insufficient to cope with the number of people who’d been packed in.
The 20MPH punishments on 08:54 - Oct 6 with 799 viewsWhiterockin

As well as businesses popping up over the bridge along the route to avonmouth businesses are also increasing between Magor and Spytty, particularly around Spytty. I wonder if this is because it avoids the 50mph and traffic.
The 20MPH punishments on 09:12 - Oct 6 with 791 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 23:33 - Oct 5 by majorraglan

I’m a regular visitor to Bristol. Pencoed Jack is right about the investment along the M49, there’s a lot going on there and Bristol is also benefitting from company relocations from London.

In terms of Bristol Airport, I think it’s a terrible place. I agree with your comments about access roads and I also agree with your comments about the £5 drop off charge - it’s a complete ripoff. Whenever I’ve flown from Bristol I’ve been less than impressed with the experience and last week was no exception. There queues to check baggage in for most airlines were enormous, the queue for security was also massive (probably trying to “encourage” people to pay for and use the fast track service) and once inside the departures area there were no seats anywhere and the cafes and restaurants were heaving and insufficient to cope with the number of people who’d been packed in.

When I flew from Cardiff in the middle of August this year, I didn't queue for check in, I was straight through security after being the only customer at Greggs, got a seat in the bar, was served straight away (£7 a pint mind).

I suppose that tells it's own story of the wonderful job the Welsh Government have done of owning Cardiff Airport ;)
The 20MPH punishments on 11:26 - Oct 6 with 759 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:12 - Oct 6 by Scotia

When I flew from Cardiff in the middle of August this year, I didn't queue for check in, I was straight through security after being the only customer at Greggs, got a seat in the bar, was served straight away (£7 a pint mind).

I suppose that tells it's own story of the wonderful job the Welsh Government have done of owning Cardiff Airport ;)

Bristol has stolen the show
The 20MPH punishments on 12:18 - Oct 6 with 750 viewsDr_Winston

Interesting comparison for the reasons behind road accidents. Pedestrian faults far exceeding driver faults, a situation that will only get worse since the change in the Highway Code.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 12:53 - Oct 6 with 743 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 23:04 - Oct 5 by lifelong

I am sure your daughter will happily reimburse you the 10 quid on the money she saved flying from Bristol & not the government owned disaster of an airport in Rhoose.

Not sure which part of Swansea posters on here live but even the most staunch labour supporter must think 50 mph on an empty M4 for a large chunk of your journey out of Wales is ridiculous .
The 20MPH punishments on 13:44 - Oct 6 with 732 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 12:53 - Oct 6 by pencoedjack

I am sure your daughter will happily reimburse you the 10 quid on the money she saved flying from Bristol & not the government owned disaster of an airport in Rhoose.

Not sure which part of Swansea posters on here live but even the most staunch labour supporter must think 50 mph on an empty M4 for a large chunk of your journey out of Wales is ridiculous .

That’s not the point, people are being ripped off there by paying £5 for a couple of minutes parking.

Did you notice any speed restrictions in the Bristol area?
The 20MPH punishments on 15:12 - Oct 6 with 704 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 13:44 - Oct 6 by lifelong

That’s not the point, people are being ripped off there by paying £5 for a couple of minutes parking.

Did you notice any speed restrictions in the Bristol area?

Did you not see all the people parked on the roundabout waiting to pick people up? Not sure why its not the point? If you save a couple of 100 quid flying from Bristol rather than the white elephant run by the tossers in the bay a tenner is nothing.

Speed restrictions nothing as ridiculous as in Wales especially having to drive 50 mph on an empty motorway.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 15:28]
The 20MPH punishments on 15:27 - Oct 6 with 686 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 15:12 - Oct 6 by pencoedjack

Did you not see all the people parked on the roundabout waiting to pick people up? Not sure why its not the point? If you save a couple of 100 quid flying from Bristol rather than the white elephant run by the tossers in the bay a tenner is nothing.

Speed restrictions nothing as ridiculous as in Wales especially having to drive 50 mph on an empty motorway.

A tenner is not really a decent bottle of wine

The 20MPH punishments on 15:28 - Oct 6 with 685 viewslifelong

Glad to see that you think that the majority of the roads in the Bristol area are subject to 20mph speed limits is not ridiculous.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&
The 20MPH punishments on 15:29 - Oct 6 with 685 viewsonehunglow

All airports are now rip off merchants when it comes to dropping passengers off.

The 20MPH punishments on 15:31 - Oct 6 with 684 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 15:41 - Oct 6 with 670 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 15:31 - Oct 6 by lifelong

It's a good idea if people read the comments, very informative.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:47 - Oct 6 with 658 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 15:28 - Oct 6 by lifelong

Glad to see that you think that the majority of the roads in the Bristol area are subject to 20mph speed limits is not ridiculous.

Posting something from Dec 2018 is a bit ridiculous fella (they probably had the common sense to reverse some of the decisions)

The drive from my home to the motorway had the ridiculous 20 mph speed limit then a large chuck of the motorway in Wales was 50 mph, once over the bridge 70 mph & the road from Avonmouth area to Bristol was mainly 50 mph with a small stretch of 30 mph.

You mentioned earlier it 'wasn't well sign posted' Id suggest you invest in a satnav it will keep you off the 20 mph side streets in Bristol you found en route to the airport.

No need to thank me.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:55 - Oct 6 with 645 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 15:41 - Oct 6 by Whiterockin

It's a good idea if people read the comments, very informative.

Just like here then, the reason given and the justifiation given are based on faulty data, missing data and downright lies.

I wonder if we'll be told pollution has increased? Or , if it has, will they hide the info away.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:04 - Oct 6 with 636 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 15:47 - Oct 6 by pencoedjack

Posting something from Dec 2018 is a bit ridiculous fella (they probably had the common sense to reverse some of the decisions)

The drive from my home to the motorway had the ridiculous 20 mph speed limit then a large chuck of the motorway in Wales was 50 mph, once over the bridge 70 mph & the road from Avonmouth area to Bristol was mainly 50 mph with a small stretch of 30 mph.

You mentioned earlier it 'wasn't well sign posted' Id suggest you invest in a satnav it will keep you off the 20 mph side streets in Bristol you found en route to the airport.

No need to thank me.

If you want to back a little in time there is this very interesting one from 2019. It really won't please some on here.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/local-news/baths-20mph-zones-increased-deaths
The 20MPH punishments on 16:06 - Oct 6 with 631 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 15:47 - Oct 6 by pencoedjack

No need to thank me.

As far as I can see the 20mph was introduced in Bristol in 2012 and increased in area in 2014 and 2018. It was reviewed in 2019 and has not been reversed.

Thanks for the Sat Nav advice fella and I hope you stick to those ridiculous speed limits, you know it makes sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024