Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97713 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:01 - Sep 19 with 1005 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 13:57 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

Analysis by David Deans, BBC Wales political reporter
It's really unusual to get a petition that's anywhere near as as big as this.

The last one that got close was during the pandemic, and is less than half the size of the 20mph petition to date.

The Senedd uses petitions as a way of giving people a voice and it can show the depth of feeling about an issue.

As well as a debate, the Senedd's Petitions Committee can hold an inquiry if it chooses.

But although petitions can put the minister under pressure they do not have to do much about them, legally.

The petition is due to run until March and could just carry on until then.

But the committee might now have a chat with the petitioner to see what they want to do, and whether they would like to close it so the Senedd can hold another debate sooner - although there have already been two recently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66853445

https://petitions.senedd.wales/petitions/245548

166,841 as I type and rising and rising after that. I would not be surprised if this petition gets shut down earlier than its closing date

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 14:06 - Sep 19 with 990 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 14:01 - Sep 19 by Wingstandwood

166,841 as I type and rising and rising after that. I would not be surprised if this petition gets shut down earlier than its closing date

Personally if it was my petition I would give it a week and see it really can hit a quarter of a million, it would be a remarkable landmark in Welsh politics.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:22 - Sep 19 with 980 viewsBarrySwan

Its good as a show of strength of feeling.

However such a petition will of course be debated by the very people who voted through the legislation.

Who could ever guess what the result of that debate is going to be?
The 20MPH punishments on 14:31 - Sep 19 with 968 viewsbuilthjack

The more email addresses you have, the more votes you can do. If someone has 14 email addresses they can vote 14 times.
You can also vote from anywhere. I bet loads of Tories in England have cottoned on to this.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 14:32]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 20MPH punishments on 14:38 - Sep 19 with 951 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 14:31 - Sep 19 by builthjack

The more email addresses you have, the more votes you can do. If someone has 14 email addresses they can vote 14 times.
You can also vote from anywhere. I bet loads of Tories in England have cottoned on to this.

Who the heck has 14 email addresses ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 14:56 - Sep 19 with 932 viewsWhiterockin

Why can't you just accept that people are not happy.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:08 - Sep 19 with 918 viewsnantywatcher

Just signed - up to 174,453 signatures now - that's is 7,612 signed in the last hour!
The 20MPH punishments on 15:18 - Sep 19 with 892 viewsBarrySwan

Its going up 20 signatures every 10 seconds.

I think that the idiots down Cardiff Bay have some cheek talking about saving lives when the Welsh ambulance service has been in chaos for a good 25 years now resulting in goodness knows how many avoidable deaths annually.

They've never managed to sort that out, first extending emergency call out target times then abandoning them after those weren't met.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 15:19]
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 16:07 - Sep 19 with 852 viewsbuilthjack

The 20MPH punishments on 14:56 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

We will just have to take a bit more time. A pain in the butt, but it seems to have worked in Europe and some English cities. Time will tell if it reduces deaths and accidents.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 20MPH punishments on 16:18 - Sep 19 with 830 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 16:07 - Sep 19 by builthjack

We will just have to take a bit more time. A pain in the butt, but it seems to have worked in Europe and some English cities. Time will tell if it reduces deaths and accidents.

Ww are not talking about a city here but a whole country. I heard someone from the Senedd when interviewed say that nobody will be fined for a year only advised. What signal does that send out.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 16:20]
The 20MPH punishments on 16:22 - Sep 19 with 808 viewsAnotherJohn

Yes, and a few years down the line when we are told that personal self-drive cars involve too much risk people like yourself will say pretty much the same thing.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:30 - Sep 19 with 799 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 14:56 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

Because so far fewer people have signed a petition to abolish the policy than voted for it to be implemented. About 75% fewer.

Before you consider that 50% of the population couldn't be arsed to vote for it or against it. Drakeford has a mandate to implement it.

It's a stupid policy and Drakeford is an idiot but this is the democratic system we've got at the moment. Fools voting based on family history and tradition, or not voting at all because it "won't make any difference" and then signing petitions when it obviously does.

If those who signed the petition wrote to Keir Starmer and said Labour wouldn't get their vote in the next general election if it continued, then there'd be a better chance of seeing change.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:32 - Sep 19 with 799 viewsLuther27

The 20MPH punishments on 16:18 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

Ww are not talking about a city here but a whole country. I heard someone from the Senedd when interviewed say that nobody will be fined for a year only advised. What signal does that send out.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 16:20]

183,693 now. I don’t have any hope these gasbags will change their minds….more likely they’ll hide behind the usual quote that the message hasn’t got across. I think the Senedd members should understand that the message has got across…and they had better listen or start looking for a new job
The 20MPH punishments on 16:59 - Sep 19 with 766 viewsonehunglow

Living in a rural area,it won’t really affect denizens . Different in large cities
7000 killed or seriously injured by drink / drugged drivers yet we don’t confiscate the vehicle as we should .

We could also invest in Police Traffic Officers who have all but disappeared under Labour and Tory governments .

We should also increase the age for driving to 21 .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 17:06 - Sep 19 with 749 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 16:59 - Sep 19 by onehunglow

Living in a rural area,it won’t really affect denizens . Different in large cities
7000 killed or seriously injured by drink / drugged drivers yet we don’t confiscate the vehicle as we should .

We could also invest in Police Traffic Officers who have all but disappeared under Labour and Tory governments .

We should also increase the age for driving to 21 .

It would be interesting to know the fatalities on roads with a 30mph speed limit to those of 40mph and above.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:17 - Sep 19 with 730 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 17:06 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

It would be interesting to know the fatalities on roads with a 30mph speed limit to those of 40mph and above.

According to Welsh figures about 100 deaths per year in Wales and about 1000 serous injuries. Of these about 40 % occur in 30mph zones. So that is 40 and 400 respectively.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 17:21 - Sep 19 with 719 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 17:17 - Sep 19 by felixstowe_jack

According to Welsh figures about 100 deaths per year in Wales and about 1000 serous injuries. Of these about 40 % occur in 30mph zones. So that is 40 and 400 respectively.

Thank you
The 20MPH punishments on 17:22 - Sep 19 with 713 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Except of course you can't sign a Senedd petition without a Welsh Post Code. No doubt you know that.

The 20MPH punishments on 17:27 - Sep 19 with 709 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 13:44 - Sep 19 by AnotherJohn

Scotia's prediction that the WG won't listen is holding up so far. The petition is north of 162K signatures, but Mr Mick Antoniw, the Pontypridd MS says the following.

"We've just introduced changes, we would need to allow them to bed in. I'm confident they will be workable and people will accept them. (...) I think a lot of people are concerned, I think there is a degree of confusion. I think it will take time for significant culture change to bed in."

There is a degree of arrogance there that makes me very angry. They want to change our culture, and they don't care if they have to drag us kicking and screaming to get their way. Ropes and lamp posts come to mind. The idea of a Senedd of independents sounds good but it won't happen. If only people would vote Tory just once (I know that is deeply unpalatable to many) it might be a lesson that has lasting effect.

The EU said the same about the people of the UK . They thought that once the British understood the Eubwas working for them they would never leave.

Look how that ended. Arrogant representatives of the people will find voters turn against them eventually.

The 20MPH punishments on 17:29 - Sep 19 with 708 viewsWingstandwood

Having read a few online comments elsewhere, it does appear that 'road rage' and abuse of drivers forced to stick to 20mph speed limit is set to become a worrying concern for many in the future.

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 18:15 - Sep 19 with 671 viewsWingstandwood

It's reached 200,000+.

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 18:17 - Sep 19 with 669 viewsPawelAbbott

It has now topped 200,000 signatures. Only 440,000 voted for Drakeford and his crew. It's now not far away from more votes than voted for the opposition at the last Assembly elections.
If they won't do anything about, then they'll find themselves looking for new employment after the next election
The 20MPH punishments on 19:19 - Sep 19 with 617 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 18:17 - Sep 19 by PawelAbbott

It has now topped 200,000 signatures. Only 440,000 voted for Drakeford and his crew. It's now not far away from more votes than voted for the opposition at the last Assembly elections.
If they won't do anything about, then they'll find themselves looking for new employment after the next election

Die hard labour supporters will deny it, but this is going to shake up Welsh politics. The Senedd are between a rock and a hard place. Take any sort if action and they lose face, ignore it and they are doomed.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:23 - Sep 19 with 607 viewsSullutaCreturned

Oh here we go, this isn't Welsh people unhappy with the Senedd, this is English tories.

14 emails.

It doesn't matter anyway, Drakeford won't debate this,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/mark-drakefords-one-word-response-27
The 20MPH punishments on 19:27 - Sep 19 with 605 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:29 - Sep 19 by Wingstandwood

Having read a few online comments elsewhere, it does appear that 'road rage' and abuse of drivers forced to stick to 20mph speed limit is set to become a worrying concern for many in the future.

My works fan is tracked, if I break speed limits they have a word, I wont get any chances.

There are queues behind me on most 20mph roads. People overtake me when I'm doing 20 and hurtly away, this silly law could actually cause more accidents because drivers may just have been pushed too far.

Driing at 20, it seems like the Sened has reeuced Wales to a permanent funeral procession.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024