Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Duff MOTM 13:12 - Aug 26 with 2012 viewssw02sea

As we are on the rebuilding cycle once again, with a new manager, new players and a new system, which month are you going for, when Michael Duff receives his manager of the month award?

January.
Duff MOTM on 13:14 - Aug 26 with 2006 viewsThornburyswan

Probably need to specify which year ;-)
Duff MOTM on 13:17 - Aug 26 with 1974 viewsWhiterockin

I have patience and it's early days, but I'm yet to see anything to convince me he will be here in January.
Duff MOTM on 14:19 - Aug 26 with 1886 viewsTreforys_Jack

Duff MOTM on 13:17 - Aug 26 by Whiterockin

I have patience and it's early days, but I'm yet to see anything to convince me he will be here in January.

Agree, though his pedigree is slightly better than RM's was when he came.
Duff MOTM on 14:28 - Aug 26 with 1867 viewsWhiterockin

Duff MOTM on 14:19 - Aug 26 by Treforys_Jack

Agree, though his pedigree is slightly better than RM's was when he came.

I'm the eternal optimist mate and I really hope things get better starting today. But one thing for sure is Duff won't get 2 years grace.
Duff MOTM on 14:46 - Aug 26 with 1834 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Same team apart from Cullen, let's see if there's signs of improvement.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Duff MOTM on 14:50 - Aug 26 with 1813 viewsRhonddaSwans

September then get the Southampton job be January

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Duff MOTM on 17:03 - Aug 26 with 1694 viewsWhiterockin

Duff MOTM on 13:17 - Aug 26 by Whiterockin

And counting.
Duff MOTM on 17:03 - Aug 26 with 1692 viewslifelong

Will he still be here in January?
Login to get fewer ads

Duff MOTM on 17:17 - Aug 26 with 1640 viewsonehunglow

Man of what match .
Ipreston didn’t really have to do much to win.
Darling must go somewhere ,Wood sold asap for whatever we can get and Fulton simply benched from now on.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Duff MOTM on 17:41 - Aug 26 with 1585 viewsFireboy2

Duff MOTM on 14:46 - Aug 26 by JACKMANANDBOY

Same team apart from Cullen, let's see if there's signs of improvement.

Forgot cullen was on the pitch, I like the guy but he brings absolutely nothing to our gameplan.

Whereas lola the Ukrainian looks good.
Duff MOTM on 18:06 - Aug 26 with 1538 viewsWhiterockin

Duff MOTM on 17:17 - Aug 26 by onehunglow

Man of what match .
Darling must go somewhere ,Wood sold asap for whatever we can get and Fulton simply benched from now on.

Be careful what you wish for, IMO this is the worse we have been since relegation.
Duff MOTM on 19:08 - Aug 26 with 1432 viewsjack247

Duff MOTM on 17:17 - Aug 26 by onehunglow

Man of what match .

Preston probably don’t do much to win any week. A bog standard, workman like team who held us at arms length fairly easily once they went ahead.

First half I was wondering how they’ve started the season so well. They probably just grind out results in uneventful games.

Yes Darling is a worry. I don’t know if he switched off or just lost his bearings for that first goal, but he does it too often.
Duff MOTM on 19:30 - Aug 26 with 1384 viewsonehunglow

Duff MOTM on 18:06 - Aug 26 by Whiterockin

Be careful what you wish for, IMO this is the worse we have been since relegation.

I agree.
It’s looking ominous
We haven’t got a talisman like Piriecanymore to save us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Duff MOTM on 19:37 - Aug 26 with 1371 viewsjack247

Duff MOTM on 18:06 - Aug 26 by Whiterockin

I can’t believe Vetch has let that one slide for half an hour
Duff MOTM on 19:59 - Aug 26 with 1330 viewsFireboy2

Duff MOTM on 19:08 - Aug 26 by jack247

Preston probably don’t do much to win any week. A bog standard, workman like team who held us at arms length fairly easily once they went ahead.

First half I was wondering how they’ve started the season so well. They probably just grind out results in uneventful games.

Yes Darling is a worry. I don’t know if he switched off or just lost his bearings for that first goal, but he does it too often.

This is what they are like.

Every time we play them they get a goal ahead, thry just invite us on and defend stoutly.

Today we went ahead and I thought we would do them but we took our foot off the pedal and let them back in, duff reluctance to make subs earlier helped.

I do hope that he has learnt and we get a bit of pace in the next few days 🙏
Duff MOTM on 20:22 - Aug 26 with 1290 viewsjack247

Duff MOTM on 19:59 - Aug 26 by Fireboy2

This is what they are like.

Every time we play them they get a goal ahead, thry just invite us on and defend stoutly.

Today we went ahead and I thought we would do them but we took our foot off the pedal and let them back in, duff reluctance to make subs earlier helped.

I do hope that he has learnt and we get a bit of pace in the next few days 🙏

You could tell they do it often by how easily they did it. They just shut us down.

Yes, I thought we’d coast to a win as well as they didn’t look to have any creativity in them. I’ve thought that and been wrong many times before mind.
Duff MOTM on 21:47 - Aug 26 with 1187 viewssw02sea

Have to admit, i was being a bit facetious when I started this thread,
having seen all his previous games in charge.
The thought of him achieving manager of the month wasn’t the first thing on my mind.
In all fairness, a new manager with new players and a new way of playing, is obviously going to take time to bed in.
But up till now, I’ve been seriously underwhelmed.
Duff MOTM on 07:39 - Aug 27 with 1013 viewsSullutaCreturned

Chopping and changing managers doesn't work either mind. A bit of atience is needed.

In the previous 2 years we had people defending Martin when we were much further down the line yet here we are?

I still choose to give it 10 games and then look closer.
Duff MOTM on 08:01 - Aug 27 with 991 viewsWhiterockin

Duff MOTM on 07:39 - Aug 27 by SullutaCreturned

Chopping and changing managers doesn't work either mind. A bit of atience is needed.

In the previous 2 years we had people defending Martin when we were much further down the line yet here we are?

I still choose to give it 10 games and then look closer.

I agree with giving him time. The window closes in a couple of days then we have the international break so it will be October before there is any form of normality. But there seems to be no indication of what he is trying to do and he seemed tactically out thought yesterday when they changed formation. Im just hoping things click and quickly because I wouldn't like to be stranded at the bottom in a month's time. Duff certainly won't get the time Martin had.
Duff MOTM on 08:12 - Aug 27 with 977 viewsSullutaCreturned

Duff MOTM on 08:01 - Aug 27 by Whiterockin

I agree with giving him time. The window closes in a couple of days then we have the international break so it will be October before there is any form of normality. But there seems to be no indication of what he is trying to do and he seemed tactically out thought yesterday when they changed formation. Im just hoping things click and quickly because I wouldn't like to be stranded at the bottom in a month's time. Duff certainly won't get the time Martin had.

I agree, he won't get the time Martin had. Even as the players are learning what Duff wants, Duff is learning about them too.

he was too slwo with the subs AND I thought Kuharevich needed to be on sooner because we couldn't match their physicaity in defence, hopefully he'll improve.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024