Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speed Cameras Proliferate in Swansea 13:08 - Sep 3 with 3687 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I drove from High Street to Cwmbwrla to Fforestfach to Gowerton today I lost count of the number of cameras, it felt quite Orwellian.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: Your World Cup Verdict

0
Speed Cameras Proliferate in Swansea on 21:54 - Sep 4 with 922 viewshowenjack

Speed Cameras Proliferate in Swansea on 16:39 - Sep 4 by onehunglow

I see both sides.
Fire boy will be sent to the sharpest of ends,the mud ,guts and blood . It leaves its mark .

I used to ride motorbikes,at high speeds and even though Class 1 advanced I would admit to excessive speed and on a bike you can never be sure of the d1kheads in cars ,their personal steel cage .
Less speeding bikers now though for sure so it’s done the job as regards speeds in rural areas .
Around urban areas ,hmmm.

Biggest problem is drugs and drink.Still.And lack of training.
Passing a rudimentary test to get a licence doesn’t mean you can drive a car well.


Don't forget the Nutters behind the wheel , literally............
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne
0
Speed Cameras Proliferate in Swansea on 22:02 - Sep 4 with 910 viewsmajorraglan

I was coming home from work tonight and travelling along a 30mph road when a boy racer type come around a bend at at round 45 to 50 and only just managed to keep the car on his side of the road. The 20mph isn’t going have much of an impact on morons like that because they’re already showing contempt for the law and speed limits.

Booking people at 34 and 35 mph is a nonsense, they need to increase the threshold and go after the nutters.
1
Speed Cameras Proliferate in Swansea on 22:40 - Sep 4 with 878 viewshowenjack

Speed Cameras Proliferate in Swansea on 22:02 - Sep 4 by majorraglan

I was coming home from work tonight and travelling along a 30mph road when a boy racer type come around a bend at at round 45 to 50 and only just managed to keep the car on his side of the road. The 20mph isn’t going have much of an impact on morons like that because they’re already showing contempt for the law and speed limits.

Booking people at 34 and 35 mph is a nonsense, they need to increase the threshold and go after the nutters.


Yes alright in theory but you know as well as I do that our police force are now very much reactive not proactive . This is why there is so much crime nowadays because there is no visible police presence - They turn up after the event or in burglary cases not at all ( and issue you with a crime reference number).
Criminals know this and as a result become emboldened ; combine this with soft sentencing and you have a recipe for disaster. Drivers who don't have insurance or road tax don't as you say give a stuff for the speed cameras .
0
Speed Cameras Proliferate in Swansea on 08:01 - Sep 5 with 851 viewsKilkennyjack

Speed Cameras Proliferate in Swansea on 22:59 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

They do indeed but Welsh forces look to English bikers in particular as s means of revenue
Nothing to do with safety , just starts
The deaths on north Wales roads are disproportionate to the population and Chief Cons get stick at every meeting with Hone Office officials

Derbyshire police another force obsessed with cameras


I am sure there are welsh bikers in Wales as well mind, how does the Heddlu tell the difference ?

I believe it is all about road safety.

Beware of the Risen People

0
Speed Cameras Proliferate in Swansea on 09:24 - Sep 5 with 831 viewsonehunglow

Speed Cameras Proliferate in Swansea on 08:01 - Sep 5 by Kilkennyjack

I am sure there are welsh bikers in Wales as well mind, how does the Heddlu tell the difference ?

I believe it is all about road safety.


It made no difference Killy.
The Gog Police were fair.
Everyone treated the same though they actually targeted Queensferry / Horse shoe Pass ,guaranteed lads based in England
For Derbyshire,it’s the A 57 ,Cat and Fiddle .
Glad to have ditched those days

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Speed Cameras Proliferate in Swansea on 18:05 - Sep 5 with 783 viewsjackrmee

Speed Cameras Proliferate in Swansea on 22:02 - Sep 4 by majorraglan

I was coming home from work tonight and travelling along a 30mph road when a boy racer type come around a bend at at round 45 to 50 and only just managed to keep the car on his side of the road. The 20mph isn’t going have much of an impact on morons like that because they’re already showing contempt for the law and speed limits.

Booking people at 34 and 35 mph is a nonsense, they need to increase the threshold and go after the nutters.


They aren’t trying to make the roads safer mun, they want our money.

.
Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026