Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Democracy Threatened 08:43 - Sep 19 with 8612 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Under the proposals to extend the Senedd, where a Senedd member has to resign they will automatically be replaced by their party rather than have a by election.
If they are Independent they will not be replaced leaving the constituency with reduced representation.

Section 91.
If a vacant seat arises (for example, due to a Member resigning or passing away) under a closed proportional list system we would anticipate that this would be filled through the next candidate on a party’s list gaining that seat. Given that this will be a proportional system, we would see little merit in a by-election being run.

[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 22:15]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: Your World Cup Verdict

2
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 12:33 - Sep 25 with 1103 viewsBadgeman

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 20:23 - Sep 24 by SullutaCreturned

Having a negative opinion of the Senedd isn't the same as having a negative opinion of Wales mind, you can have one without the other.

Felix is an obvious tory though.

Lifelong, do yu agree with the proposed changes to elections, that the public won't vote for a candidate but the party and the party will select the replacement if somene retires or leaves? Do you agree with seats being left vacant?


We already elect 1/3 of the Senedd in a similar manner where the party picks the candidate and no by-election is called if someone stands down so the changes aren't wholly unprecedented.

IMO I think the proposed system is poor and they should link up with the new Westminster constituencies. You could have 2 MSs per constituency and then expand the top up list to 30 for an expansion of 92 members that keeps constituency ties as well as the proportional list. I get the argument that we shouldn't have more politicians but more Senedd members means more scrutiny of the Welsh Government and that can only be a good thing in my opinion.

I'm an obvious Labour supporter but where I differ from Felix is I don't lie or make up stats to back up my position which he does so habitually I'm not sure he knows he's doing it. In the past I've been plenty quick enough to call Labour out when I think they've been sh*t. E.g. I thought Corbyn was awful and frequently said so. Right now I think they've made a dogs dinner over 20 mph which is a policy I support in principle, whereas Felix is happy to pop up and applaud the Tories at a moments notice.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 13:46 - Sep 25 with 1076 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 12:33 - Sep 25 by Badgeman

We already elect 1/3 of the Senedd in a similar manner where the party picks the candidate and no by-election is called if someone stands down so the changes aren't wholly unprecedented.

IMO I think the proposed system is poor and they should link up with the new Westminster constituencies. You could have 2 MSs per constituency and then expand the top up list to 30 for an expansion of 92 members that keeps constituency ties as well as the proportional list. I get the argument that we shouldn't have more politicians but more Senedd members means more scrutiny of the Welsh Government and that can only be a good thing in my opinion.

I'm an obvious Labour supporter but where I differ from Felix is I don't lie or make up stats to back up my position which he does so habitually I'm not sure he knows he's doing it. In the past I've been plenty quick enough to call Labour out when I think they've been sh*t. E.g. I thought Corbyn was awful and frequently said so. Right now I think they've made a dogs dinner over 20 mph which is a policy I support in principle, whereas Felix is happy to pop up and applaud the Tories at a moments notice.


I don't lie. My stats are from officia and independent l sources and are not made up. Unlike Drakeford who has made up his guesstimate on the 20 mph law.

I accept your apologies.

It is your democratic right to blindly support labour despite over 20 years of evidence of ruining the Welsh economy, NHS and education system.

Poll: Why has Starmer cancelled elections and blocked Burham

1
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 14:25 - Sep 25 with 1072 viewsBadgeman

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 13:46 - Sep 25 by felixstowe_jack

I don't lie. My stats are from officia and independent l sources and are not made up. Unlike Drakeford who has made up his guesstimate on the 20 mph law.

I accept your apologies.

It is your democratic right to blindly support labour despite over 20 years of evidence of ruining the Welsh economy, NHS and education system.


You certainly misinterpret stats with alarming frequency. Whether its because you don't understand what you're saying remains to be seen. However I will say you're a great advert for the Tories.

I'm not blindly following anyone. I like to vote for the best candidate locally, regardless of their political affiliation and have gladly voted Labour, Lib Dem, Green, Independent and Plaid in the past when I liked what they had to say. Meanwhile your answer is to put Andrew RT Davies in charge of the health service, which would unquestionably make things worse.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 14:30 - Sep 25 with 1071 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 14:25 - Sep 25 by Badgeman

You certainly misinterpret stats with alarming frequency. Whether its because you don't understand what you're saying remains to be seen. However I will say you're a great advert for the Tories.

I'm not blindly following anyone. I like to vote for the best candidate locally, regardless of their political affiliation and have gladly voted Labour, Lib Dem, Green, Independent and Plaid in the past when I liked what they had to say. Meanwhile your answer is to put Andrew RT Davies in charge of the health service, which would unquestionably make things worse.


With respect you give the impression of. Being a de facto mouthpiece for the Labour Party .
Maybe Felix is old enough to re bear the Britain of the 70 s under Sunny Jim and honest Harold .
People have a right to vote as they wish,incliding the Conservatives .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

1
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 14:58 - Sep 25 with 1058 viewsBadgeman

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 14:30 - Sep 25 by onehunglow

With respect you give the impression of. Being a de facto mouthpiece for the Labour Party .
Maybe Felix is old enough to re bear the Britain of the 70 s under Sunny Jim and honest Harold .
People have a right to vote as they wish,incliding the Conservatives .


People have a right to vote for whoever they want, I've never once challenged this notion. I really like how the conservative party mouthpieces on this website are spectacularly thick and would never want to dissuade them from posting.

I've challenged the Labour Party plenty of times over the years and call them out when I think they've made mistakes e.g. the 20 mph policy has been handled disastrously.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 16:06 - Sep 25 with 1047 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 14:58 - Sep 25 by Badgeman

People have a right to vote for whoever they want, I've never once challenged this notion. I really like how the conservative party mouthpieces on this website are spectacularly thick and would never want to dissuade them from posting.

I've challenged the Labour Party plenty of times over the years and call them out when I think they've made mistakes e.g. the 20 mph policy has been handled disastrously.


First sentence .
Say no more
We can only judge from the posts we make.
You could well be a top chap,like me

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 18:06 - Sep 25 with 1024 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 13:46 - Sep 25 by felixstowe_jack

I don't lie. My stats are from officia and independent l sources and are not made up. Unlike Drakeford who has made up his guesstimate on the 20 mph law.

I accept your apologies.

It is your democratic right to blindly support labour despite over 20 years of evidence of ruining the Welsh economy, NHS and education system.


Not made up, just cherry picked to be disingenuous.

It’s linked to your inability to see literally anything bad in the Tory party. Ever.
0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 18:12 - Sep 25 with 1017 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 18:06 - Sep 25 by Gwyn737

Not made up, just cherry picked to be disingenuous.

It’s linked to your inability to see literally anything bad in the Tory party. Ever.


With respect Gwyn, you've done your fair share of cherry picking as well

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

0
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 18:20 - Sep 25 with 1009 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 18:06 - Sep 25 by Gwyn737

Not made up, just cherry picked to be disingenuous.

It’s linked to your inability to see literally anything bad in the Tory party. Ever.


Nobody aligned with a political party criticises them . It’s seen as loyalty when in fact it’s cowardice

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 18:32 - Sep 25 with 1004 viewsKilkennyjack

Nobody living in Cymru should ever vote for the Conservative and Unionist party.
They dont care about Cymru.

Simple as that.

Remember the corruption with Johnson and his posh boy partying fools.
In Wales when we clapped the NHS workers we meant it, friends and family became heroes.

Johnson raided the public purse and gave huge contracts to his mates.
VIP lane for the posh boys see.

They dont represent our welsh values, instead they represent greed and self-interest where compassion and public service should be.

Hopefully we will follow the States and get the law enforcement to press charges.
Starmer will get them …. And then theres the Russian funding of Brexit. Seemed a great idea to Putin.

Beware of the Risen People

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 18:38 - Sep 25 with 1002 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 18:12 - Sep 25 by Flashberryjack

With respect Gwyn, you've done your fair share of cherry picking as well


I can’t think of when I have.

If I have I’d hope it wasn’t intentional.

I’ve definitely criticised Labour policies mind and I continue to fret about the current direction of travel.
0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 19:12 - Sep 25 with 976 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 18:32 - Sep 25 by Kilkennyjack

Nobody living in Cymru should ever vote for the Conservative and Unionist party.
They dont care about Cymru.

Simple as that.

Remember the corruption with Johnson and his posh boy partying fools.
In Wales when we clapped the NHS workers we meant it, friends and family became heroes.

Johnson raided the public purse and gave huge contracts to his mates.
VIP lane for the posh boys see.

They dont represent our welsh values, instead they represent greed and self-interest where compassion and public service should be.

Hopefully we will follow the States and get the law enforcement to press charges.
Starmer will get them …. And then theres the Russian funding of Brexit. Seemed a great idea to Putin.


Well,no it’s not,me ol mucker

“ our” is where you went wrong

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

1
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 20:50 - Sep 25 with 959 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 18:32 - Sep 25 by Kilkennyjack

Nobody living in Cymru should ever vote for the Conservative and Unionist party.
They dont care about Cymru.

Simple as that.

Remember the corruption with Johnson and his posh boy partying fools.
In Wales when we clapped the NHS workers we meant it, friends and family became heroes.

Johnson raided the public purse and gave huge contracts to his mates.
VIP lane for the posh boys see.

They dont represent our welsh values, instead they represent greed and self-interest where compassion and public service should be.

Hopefully we will follow the States and get the law enforcement to press charges.
Starmer will get them …. And then theres the Russian funding of Brexit. Seemed a great idea to Putin.


One day you will stay on topic.

No Russian ever gave me any money, I must have missed out.
0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 23:13 - Sep 25 with 913 viewsonehunglow

And it’s Wales not Cymru for 85 % of people

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 01:33 - Sep 26 with 903 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 20:50 - Sep 25 by SullutaCreturned

One day you will stay on topic.

No Russian ever gave me any money, I must have missed out.


My good friend OHL mentioned the Tories above, i responded to that.

Thats how these threads work.

Please try to keep up.

And no thread called Welsh Democracy Threatened could look itself in the mirror without ref to the Tory yoons and their failed muscular unionism. 🇬🇧

Beware of the Risen People

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 01:42 - Sep 26 with 902 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 23:13 - Sep 25 by onehunglow

And it’s Wales not Cymru for 85 % of people


Well thats changed and , for example, the FAW use ‘Cymru’ for every squad announcement on @Cymru.

Latest below.



The world has changed.

Beware of the Risen People

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 07:48 - Sep 26 with 878 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 18:06 - Sep 25 by Gwyn737

Not made up, just cherry picked to be disingenuous.

It’s linked to your inability to see literally anything bad in the Tory party. Ever.


I can see good and bad in any party . Like Truss was a disaster. Sunday has played a blinder since he replaced her. Meanwhile Drakeford still dithering and running Wales.

13500 calling for an early senedd election. The second most signed petition in Wales.

Poll: Why has Starmer cancelled elections and blocked Burham

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 08:00 - Sep 26 with 876 viewsBadgeman

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 07:48 - Sep 26 by felixstowe_jack

I can see good and bad in any party . Like Truss was a disaster. Sunday has played a blinder since he replaced her. Meanwhile Drakeford still dithering and running Wales.

13500 calling for an early senedd election. The second most signed petition in Wales.


Sunak played a blinder lol? He’s spent the last week sh*tting himself and doing what Liz Truss tells him to do.

I’ve said it before, conservatives will abandon democracy before they abandon conservatism. Why do you think you’re so special that you can demand another election because of one policy? There will be another election in 2025 and you’ll have your chance then. Well you won’t because you don’t actually live here.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 08:10 - Sep 26 with 875 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 08:00 - Sep 26 by Badgeman

Sunak played a blinder lol? He’s spent the last week sh*tting himself and doing what Liz Truss tells him to do.

I’ve said it before, conservatives will abandon democracy before they abandon conservatism. Why do you think you’re so special that you can demand another election because of one policy? There will be another election in 2025 and you’ll have your chance then. Well you won’t because you don’t actually live here.


I am not demanding another election it is the people of Wales exercising their democratic right to do so.

They are asking for years of failure by the Senedd not one policy.

Worst NHS in UK
Failing education system
No investment in vital infrastructure
Anti business policies
Anti tourism policy
Highest unemployment in UK
High % of economically inactive people only NI has higher.

Poll: Why has Starmer cancelled elections and blocked Burham

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 09:04 - Sep 26 with 866 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 01:33 - Sep 26 by Kilkennyjack

My good friend OHL mentioned the Tories above, i responded to that.

Thats how these threads work.

Please try to keep up.

And no thread called Welsh Democracy Threatened could look itself in the mirror without ref to the Tory yoons and their failed muscular unionism. 🇬🇧


We can be chums notwithstanding our differences
Some others need to get that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 09:25 - Sep 26 with 857 viewsBoundy

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 18:32 - Sep 25 by Kilkennyjack

Nobody living in Cymru should ever vote for the Conservative and Unionist party.
They dont care about Cymru.

Simple as that.

Remember the corruption with Johnson and his posh boy partying fools.
In Wales when we clapped the NHS workers we meant it, friends and family became heroes.

Johnson raided the public purse and gave huge contracts to his mates.
VIP lane for the posh boys see.

They dont represent our welsh values, instead they represent greed and self-interest where compassion and public service should be.

Hopefully we will follow the States and get the law enforcement to press charges.
Starmer will get them …. And then theres the Russian funding of Brexit. Seemed a great idea to Putin.


An interesting comment t made , what exactly are Welsh values ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 10:18 - Sep 26 with 848 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 01:42 - Sep 26 by Kilkennyjack

Well thats changed and , for example, the FAW use ‘Cymru’ for every squad announcement on @Cymru.

Latest below.



The world has changed.


Why do you keep using Welsh in your posts? Mind you even tHE Welsh FA USE English in their advertising with just 3 words in Welsh.

Poll: Why has Starmer cancelled elections and blocked Burham

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 10:42 - Sep 26 with 843 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 07:48 - Sep 26 by felixstowe_jack

I can see good and bad in any party . Like Truss was a disaster. Sunday has played a blinder since he replaced her. Meanwhile Drakeford still dithering and running Wales.

13500 calling for an early senedd election. The second most signed petition in Wales.


Quite why you get the stick you do says more about those who give it out but can’t take it,proven by the comments I made regarding railway strikes .
It’s why this country is backward in many ways

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 11:28 - Sep 26 with 830 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 09:04 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

We can be chums notwithstanding our differences
Some others need to get that


Well, you are always good value OHL.

Whats more ….. you were proven correct about RM.

You knows stuff ….

Beware of the Risen People

0
Welsh Democracy Threatened on 11:31 - Sep 26 with 828 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Democracy Threatened on 10:18 - Sep 26 by felixstowe_jack

Why do you keep using Welsh in your posts? Mind you even tHE Welsh FA USE English in their advertising with just 3 words in Welsh.


The FAW uses both our languages, and good for them.

Are you still crying about the areas formerly known as Snowdonia and Brecon Beacons ?

Cymru does not want to be West England.

Beware of the Risen People

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026