Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 24/25 17:08 - Nov 26 with 8639 viewsQJumpingJack

I expect the club will be announcing season ticket prices in the next few weeks.

What will Coleman and co decide - a price freeze or push prices up?
Season tickets 24/25 on 09:52 - Nov 28 with 1871 viewsWhiterockin

Season tickets 24/25 on 07:27 - Nov 28 by builthjack

Do we have quite a few “Premier” league fans ?
Or what is it?
Do we expect success?
On the owners I don’t see Yanks out banners. I don’t hear you chanting Yanks out. Why not?

The likes of Portsmouth, Ipswich, Bradford, Derby etc have been right down there, but keep their fan base. Are they better supporters?

I can only speak for myself and I am not a "Premier League" fan having held my season ticket since Roy Bentley was manager, although I missed 3 years in the 90s through work commitments. Do we expect success? No, but I expect to see a connection between the owners and the fans. They seem to be doing their best to alienate the supporters and they are succeeding.

As for banners and chanting Yanks out, I don't hear much chanting at all at the moment, even the Hull supporters were singing 2-0 up and your still not singing. On a side issue I still haven't heard the Tories out chant either. But if you look at it sensibly the supporters have become disillusioned with the club at the moment. There is no excitement or atmosphere on a match day, in short nothing to look forward to on and off the pitch.

The likes of other clubs having better supporters. Do you count yourself in there or are you just a lap dog pandering to the whims of the owners. I would say the clubs you mentioned have a better connection with their supporters and it is reciprocated by the supporters. Hence numbers holding up. In fairness to our supporters the numbers have held up quite well since relegation, baring the pandemic, its only this season the fall is evident, more so if you consider the season ticket holders who don't turn up are counted in.

My view on renewing my season ticket is that it doesn't have the same feeling on a match day. The players to get me out of my seat are not there, last year we had Piroe, Ntcham who had flair, at the moment we have nothing except the odd flash from Patterson. The atmosphere and excitement are not there, but most of all we are being taken for mugs. The owners seem to think that they can do what they want and and we will continue to turn up, that is just not true. They want us to continue to pay for tickets while they waste our money on top end management. I have no problem paying people if they are worth it, but my god the decisions they are making they seem clueless in how to run a football club in this country. So to cut to the chase, I will not be renewing as soon as they become available, I will wait and see where we are after the January transfer window and then decide, if nothing changes it will be doubtful, they have two months to change my mind, others have already made up theirs.
Season tickets 24/25 on 10:05 - Nov 28 with 1850 viewsonehunglow

Season tickets 24/25 on 08:08 - Nov 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

There's a lot going on out there to be afraid of; the climate has changed and you risk getting skin cancer, there are very big dogs that eat people, the pollution is so bad that you may have to pay to go out, there are viral infections you can catch from pigs, if you get injured it takes two days to get in A and E, everyone is changing their gender and using the wrong toilets, there are idiots gluing themselves to roads and buildings, we are getting invaded by lots and lots of foreigners, thousands of people are marching some dressed as terrorists calling for an intifada in the UK, some people called TWa Ts already stay home on Monday and Friday and you say ' get out more'.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 8:29]

Post of the year
Brilliant Sir

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Season tickets 24/25 on 10:49 - Nov 28 with 1830 viewspencoedjack

Season tickets 24/25 on 09:52 - Nov 28 by Whiterockin

I can only speak for myself and I am not a "Premier League" fan having held my season ticket since Roy Bentley was manager, although I missed 3 years in the 90s through work commitments. Do we expect success? No, but I expect to see a connection between the owners and the fans. They seem to be doing their best to alienate the supporters and they are succeeding.

As for banners and chanting Yanks out, I don't hear much chanting at all at the moment, even the Hull supporters were singing 2-0 up and your still not singing. On a side issue I still haven't heard the Tories out chant either. But if you look at it sensibly the supporters have become disillusioned with the club at the moment. There is no excitement or atmosphere on a match day, in short nothing to look forward to on and off the pitch.

The likes of other clubs having better supporters. Do you count yourself in there or are you just a lap dog pandering to the whims of the owners. I would say the clubs you mentioned have a better connection with their supporters and it is reciprocated by the supporters. Hence numbers holding up. In fairness to our supporters the numbers have held up quite well since relegation, baring the pandemic, its only this season the fall is evident, more so if you consider the season ticket holders who don't turn up are counted in.

My view on renewing my season ticket is that it doesn't have the same feeling on a match day. The players to get me out of my seat are not there, last year we had Piroe, Ntcham who had flair, at the moment we have nothing except the odd flash from Patterson. The atmosphere and excitement are not there, but most of all we are being taken for mugs. The owners seem to think that they can do what they want and and we will continue to turn up, that is just not true. They want us to continue to pay for tickets while they waste our money on top end management. I have no problem paying people if they are worth it, but my god the decisions they are making they seem clueless in how to run a football club in this country. So to cut to the chase, I will not be renewing as soon as they become available, I will wait and see where we are after the January transfer window and then decide, if nothing changes it will be doubtful, they have two months to change my mind, others have already made up theirs.

Superb post 👍

I’m not a PL fan I’d imagine I have done more Swans games home & away than fans who preach about me not being a true fan for not renewing.
Season tickets 24/25 on 11:55 - Nov 28 with 1801 viewsjeza739

Couldn't put it better myself
Season tickets 24/25 on 12:53 - Nov 28 with 1755 viewsonehunglow

Season tickets 24/25 on 23:34 - Nov 27 by Boundy

I think you'll find that you can only take the fan base for granted for so long before the truth garners a negative reaction ,

People love their football club.they also hate to see it wasting away .
Some turn up at games as a perfunctory duty,joyless as described by some so why should they feel obliged to go .why should they be “attacked” for not going. Why some other fans pride themselves on going to every ( home) game and see those who can’t or won’t go as infidels.
When the thrill is gone,it’s hard to regain .

Finally,go to games or it,you still have a right to opine .

Got that ..

Season tickets 24/25 on 15:08 - Nov 28 with 1731 viewsbuilthjack

You must have a day off!!
Well put.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Season tickets 24/25 on 18:41 - Nov 28 with 1661 viewsSullutaCreturned

Season tickets 24/25 on 10:49 - Nov 28 by pencoedjack

Superb post 👍

I’m not a PL fan I’d imagine I have done more Swans games home & away than fans who preach about me not being a true fan for not renewing.

I couldn't begin to guess how many games I've been to in my 51 years of following them but I'm pretty sure there was no Premier league back in the 70's. Also, starting going in the early 70's I couldn't really have been expecting success.

Maybe some fans just like to deride and criticise other fans? It certainly doesn't help the case for continuining t support the team when fans turn on each other, specially when the owners behave as they are and even this forum has stories critical of the owners and their behaviour.
Season tickets 24/25 on 20:42 - Nov 28 with 1629 viewspencoedjack

Season tickets 24/25 on 18:41 - Nov 28 by SullutaCreturned

I couldn't begin to guess how many games I've been to in my 51 years of following them but I'm pretty sure there was no Premier league back in the 70's. Also, starting going in the early 70's I couldn't really have been expecting success.

Maybe some fans just like to deride and criticise other fans? It certainly doesn't help the case for continuining t support the team when fans turn on each other, specially when the owners behave as they are and even this forum has stories critical of the owners and their behaviour.

Yep personally believe the biggest divide was caused by Martin.

Lost a lot of respect for a few posters on here last season.
Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets 24/25 on 20:52 - Nov 28 with 1620 viewsonehunglow

Season tickets 24/25 on 20:42 - Nov 28 by pencoedjack

Yep personally believe the biggest divide was caused by Martin.

Lost a lot of respect for a few posters on here last season.

Which is why my humble self proclaimed Martin as our most divisive manager ,also for more corrosive as his legacy is what we are seeing now
Fans turning on each other and posturing as super fans .

We all care

Season tickets 24/25 on 17:05 - Nov 29 with 1531 viewsSullutaCreturned

Season tickets 24/25 on 20:52 - Nov 28 by onehunglow

Which is why my humble self proclaimed Martin as our most divisive manager ,also for more corrosive as his legacy is what we are seeing now
Fans turning on each other and posturing as super fans .

We all care

You're last line has become the problem, I used to care. I used to care enough to take annual leave to go away. I used to volunteer to do the worst shifts so I could see the home games. I would even do half of other people delivery jobs for them so they would cover me for an hour so I could make the KO.

I used to care, now, not so much. beyond posting on here the only reason I will attend any more games this season is if my son manages to ersuade me but I'm dead set on not renewing our ST's.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 17:33]
Season tickets 24/25 on 17:37 - Nov 29 with 1507 viewsonehunglow

Season tickets 24/25 on 17:05 - Nov 29 by SullutaCreturned

You're last line has become the problem, I used to care. I used to care enough to take annual leave to go away. I used to volunteer to do the worst shifts so I could see the home games. I would even do half of other people delivery jobs for them so they would cover me for an hour so I could make the KO.

I used to care, now, not so much. beyond posting on here the only reason I will attend any more games this season is if my son manages to ersuade me but I'm dead set on not renewing our ST's.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 17:33]

When we have a poor show and we criticise ,as is right,the same crew pipe up with
You weren’t there
You don’t go
You never go
You don’t see it as those are there see it .
Etc.
Sadly, the evidence of mass apathy is in the eyes of the loyal betrayed regulars who sit looking forlorn,foresaken and devoid of soul . The evidence is the Jack of noise, the faraway eyes of those who see going now as a duty and nothing to do with joy.
Many are now saying,do yiu know what,I ll spend the time with my family .maybecbounce a grandkid on the knee or watch a stream of how far we have fallen .
And the anger gets misdirected to those who care not the farkwits across the ocean and their stooges .

Season tickets 24/25 on 18:38 - Nov 29 with 1479 viewsshingle

Season tickets 24/25 on 22:18 - Nov 26 by builthjack

Reading this thread it looks like a few have turned into boring old fogies.
Support your team mun. Get to a few away games too. It will do you the world of good.

I know quite a few lads who have of gone back to playing Rugby on a Saturday because they got fed up of watching the clubs continuing decline, the only boring old fogies i can think of on here are delusional ones like you but maybe you have nothing else to do in which case your predicament becomes more understandable.
Season tickets 24/25 on 19:32 - Nov 29 with 1440 viewsbuilthjack

Season tickets 24/25 on 18:38 - Nov 29 by shingle

I know quite a few lads who have of gone back to playing Rugby on a Saturday because they got fed up of watching the clubs continuing decline, the only boring old fogies i can think of on here are delusional ones like you but maybe you have nothing else to do in which case your predicament becomes more understandable.

See you on Saturday

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Season tickets 24/25 on 20:50 - Nov 29 with 1400 viewsRhonddaSwans

Well selling our best wont matter in the summer 😂

Honestly I can't think of a single player that will fetch over 1-4 mil

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Season tickets 24/25 on 20:52 - Nov 29 with 1391 viewsKeithHaynes

Season tickets 24/25 on 20:50 - Nov 29 by RhonddaSwans

Well selling our best wont matter in the summer 😂

Honestly I can't think of a single player that will fetch over 1-4 mil

All are currently sub 1 million.
Key is our best effort.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Season tickets 24/25 on 20:54 - Nov 29 with 1376 viewsonehunglow

Season tickets 24/25 on 19:32 - Nov 29 by builthjack

See you on Saturday

Good we have fans like you who can cheer and shout the lads on and inspire others to do the same .

Season tickets 24/25 on 21:04 - Nov 29 with 1367 viewsbuilthjack

Season tickets 24/25 on 20:54 - Nov 29 by onehunglow

Good we have fans like you who can cheer and shout the lads on and inspire others to do the same .

Any football fan will tell you, you can’t beat a live game.
If you can do it, do it. Long time dead.

Season tickets 24/25 on 21:06 - Nov 29 with 1357 viewsonehunglow

Season tickets 24/25 on 21:04 - Nov 29 by builthjack

Any football fan will tell you, you can’t beat a live game.
If you can do it, do it. Long time dead.

Didn’t bother to go tonight then !

Season tickets 24/25 on 21:25 - Nov 29 with 1343 viewsKeithHaynes

Season tickets 24/25 on 21:06 - Nov 29 by onehunglow

Builthy deserves a night off after national service last week.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Season tickets 24/25 on 21:26 - Nov 29 with 1337 viewsonehunglow

Season tickets 24/25 on 21:25 - Nov 29 by KeithHaynes

Builthy deserves a night off after national service last week.

We need him at games

Season tickets 24/25 on 21:31 - Nov 29 with 1336 viewsbuilthjack

Season tickets 24/25 on 21:06 - Nov 29 by onehunglow

Working until 6. Helicopter broken.
Not far from you though.

Season tickets 24/25 on 20:04 - Dec 2 with 1164 viewsQJumpingJack

Does anyone know when they will go on sale?
Season tickets 24/25 on 11:29 - Dec 3 with 1058 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Season tickets 24/25 on 17:20 - Nov 26 by KeithHaynes

They won’t close sections of the ground, it’s an admission of failure.

They already do in the North West and North East corners . You can't but tickets there until they sell 19,000 as happened a couple of times last season.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Season tickets 24/25 on 14:19 - Dec 12 with 897 viewsWhiterockin

Season tickets 24/25 on 20:04 - Dec 2 by QJumpingJack

Does anyone know when they will go on sale?

It was December 16th last year.
Season tickets 24/25 on 14:31 - Dec 12 with 868 viewsQJumpingJack

Season tickets 24/25 on 14:19 - Dec 12 by Whiterockin

It was December 16th last year.

thanks - so maybe this Friday?

Interesting times. A big call which they need to get right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024