Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team GB 20:42 - Dec 5 with 3446 viewspencoedjack

Looking on for those enjoy women’s football.

Seems the Jocks happy to let England beat them to play as part of team GB, hopefully a few Welsh lasses make the squad 👍
Team GB on 20:46 - Dec 5 with 2483 viewsunion_jack

England are tearing them a new one as they say but that’s not due to Scotland letting them. They’re just not in the game.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Team GB on 20:46 - Dec 5 with 2486 viewsReslovenSwan1

Team GB is an abomination and part of the British exceptionalism which make foreigners dislike us.

I will support any team Team GB plays against. Welsh women should decline any call up to the de facto England set up,

No other footballer outside these islands can represent two flags simultaneously.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Team GB on 21:11 - Dec 5 with 2452 viewspencoedjack

Team GB on 20:46 - Dec 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Team GB is an abomination and part of the British exceptionalism which make foreigners dislike us.

I will support any team Team GB plays against. Welsh women should decline any call up to the de facto England set up,

No other footballer outside these islands can represent two flags simultaneously.

Good that the likes of Bellamy, Giggs, Joey, Taylor, Ramsey are not as narrow minded as you.

Bale would have been part of the squad if he wasn’t injured.

Realistically the only chance Welsh women footballers have of playing in a tournament 🇬🇧
Team GB on 21:15 - Dec 5 with 2443 viewsKilkennyjack

Team GB on 21:11 - Dec 5 by pencoedjack

Good that the likes of Bellamy, Giggs, Joey, Taylor, Ramsey are not as narrow minded as you.

Realistically the only chance Welsh women footballers have of playing in a tournament 🇬🇧

Spoiler alert: that great Cymro Gareth Bale was not really injured …..’ said he had back’ …. ❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

No Scot played.
No player from the north of Ireland played.

None of our players should have played.

It is a made up football team.

Beware of the Risen People

Team GB on 21:16 - Dec 5 with 2439 viewsKilkennyjack

Well said.

Say NO to TeamGB.

Team GB on 21:57 - Dec 5 with 2372 viewsReslovenSwan1

Team GB on 21:11 - Dec 5 by pencoedjack

In football for me Wales is all that counts. Why do we have a special case?. The Russian FIFA delegation could theoretically put it tio a FIFA vote and abolish all the home unions. One or the other not both.

The Welsh women drew with 0-0 today with Germany. Good that Giggs and Bellamy got beat by South Korea, Football fans do not care about this.

The Dutch scored 4 so England are out and so is Team GB.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 21:59]

Team GB on 21:59 - Dec 5 with 2363 viewsRhonddaSwans

💯💪 😎

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Team GB on 22:00 - Dec 5 with 2342 viewsunion_jack

Team GB on 21:57 - Dec 5 by ReslovenSwan1

In football for me Wales is all that counts. Why do we have a special case?. The Russian FIFA delegation could theoretically put it tio a FIFA vote and abolish all the home unions. One or the other not both.

The Welsh women drew with 0-0 today with Germany. Good that Giggs and Bellamy got beat by South Korea, Football fans do not care about this.

The Dutch scored 4 so England are out and so is Team GB.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 21:59]

Is it just football or is it any athlete, for example a 110 m hurdler wearing a GB shirt in the Olympics?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Team GB on 22:03 - Dec 5 with 2334 viewsRhonddaSwans

come on res sort it out.
GB at the Olympics should be represented.

But only if it is a quota of each nation represented.

The notion is not a threat to our separate teams.

If I had posted the same thing I would have the handbag squad calling me racist or anti women...

So why is it an abomination?

They ain't saying Wales, Scotland, northern Ireland will now be team gb?

also is the British lions an abomination?

(I love the lions tours!)

Team GB on 22:05 - Dec 5 with 2332 viewsWhiterockin

Clearly you don't enjoy one of the best sporting events in the world, some of us do and the more medals team GB get the better. So many Welsh athletes have excelled and are proud to have represented us in the united team.
Team GB on 22:09 - Dec 5 with 2315 viewsRhonddaSwans

Team GB on 21:15 - Dec 5 by Kilkennyjack

Spoiler alert: that great Cymro Gareth Bale was not really injured …..’ said he had back’ …. ❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

No Scot played.
No player from the north of Ireland played.

None of our players should have played.

It is a made up football team.

God alive Kil ,

Team GB isn't gonna replace our individual nations.

Do you hate the British Lions rugby team as well?

Honestly we are all Welsh but we are all British by default!

The union Jack was on our ancestors shoulders as they took their last breath in the trenches.

I am Welsh first....

BUT BRITISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD!

Team GB on 22:09 - Dec 5 with 2315 viewsReslovenSwan1

Team GB on 22:00 - Dec 5 by union_jack

Is it just football or is it any athlete, for example a 110 m hurdler wearing a GB shirt in the Olympics?

Just football. Team GB in athletics has a history. In general international tournaments all UK athletes wear the Team GB vest.

Wales and the home unions only, from what I can see, operate at underage tournaments and internal UK meets and Commonwealth games years.

I recall Colin Jackson chasing the "Diamond league" (or whatever it was called) cash on the Euro circuit instead of Wales at the Commonwealth games which is losing whatever lustre it had.

The Olympic Team GB people actually promised the 2012 event was a 'one off' event not to be repeated to get cooperation from the Celtic nations.

Team GB on 22:12 - Dec 5 with 2300 viewsRhonddaSwans

Team GB on 22:09 - Dec 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Just football. Team GB in athletics has a history. In general international tournaments all UK athletes wear the Team GB vest.

Wales and the home unions only, from what I can see, operate at underage tournaments and internal UK meets and Commonwealth games years.

I recall Colin Jackson chasing the "Diamond league" (or whatever it was called) cash on the Euro circuit instead of Wales at the Commonwealth games which is losing whatever lustre it had.

The Olympic Team GB people actually promised the 2012 event was a 'one off' event not to be repeated to get cooperation from the Celtic nations.

The womens fa is separate to the mens fa that stated that.

I would love a GB football tour every 4 years.

😉

Team GB on 22:21 - Dec 5 with 2277 viewsReslovenSwan1

Team GB on 22:12 - Dec 5 by RhonddaSwans

The womens fa is separate to the mens fa that stated that.

I would love a GB football tour every 4 years.

😉

Kindly I would like to point out

"The British Lions" in rugby do not exist.

It is actually a team composing of the British isles and a nation still in the European Union. The RoI. It is the British and Irish Lions.

Wales alway have an uphill job in sport. It is a burden we carry. This is why we are Swansea fans. It make the wins all the sweeter.

It was agreed Team GB was a one off in football. It is OK for exhibition games not FIFA tournaments.

Team GB on 22:32 - Dec 5 with 2249 viewsRhonddaSwans

Team GB on 22:21 - Dec 5 by ReslovenSwan1

It is actually a team composing of the British isles and a nation still in the European Union. The RoI. It is the British and Irish Lions.

Wales alway have an uphill job in sport. It is a burden we carry. This is why we are Swansea fans. It make the wins all the sweeter.

It was agreed Team GB was a one off in football. It is OK for exhibition games not FIFA tournaments.

The Olympics are nothing to do with fifa mate...

Team GB on 22:47 - Dec 5 with 2231 viewsbuilthjack

Nothing to talk about lads and lasses.
I dare say it will give the east another reason to sing “England f#@£(* it up”.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Team GB on 22:52 - Dec 5 with 2218 viewsKilkennyjack

Team GB on 22:21 - Dec 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Well said - its the British and Irish Lions.
Its a tradition.

We dont want it in football.
It has no tradition.

Team GB on 22:55 - Dec 5 with 2214 viewsKilkennyjack

Team GB on 22:47 - Dec 5 by builthjack

Nothing to talk about lads and lasses.
I dare say it will give the east another reason to sing “England f#@£(* it up”.

Its a terrible shame that England failed to qualify, and Team GB is dead.

Cymru am byth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Team GB on 18:11 - Dec 6 with 2021 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Team GB on 22:52 - Dec 5 by Kilkennyjack

Well said - its the British and Irish Lions.
Its a tradition.

We dont want it in football.
It has no tradition.

Yes it is a tradition and was called the British Lions. The " & Irish " tag was only added in 2001 a break with tradition.

Only sovereign countries can compete at the Olympic hence the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland compete.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Team GB on 18:12 - Dec 6 with 2019 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Team GB on 22:55 - Dec 5 by Kilkennyjack

Its a terrible shame that England failed to qualify, and Team GB is dead.

Cymru am byth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Scotland Wales and NI also failed to qualify.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Team GB on 18:19 - Dec 6 with 2007 viewsKilkennyjack

Team GB on 18:12 - Dec 6 by felixstowe_jack

Scotland Wales and NI also failed to qualify.

I think i will be supporting the Netherlands after last night, what a team they have … 🇳🇱🟠

Team GB on 18:20 - Dec 6 with 2005 viewsGwyn737

Team GB on 18:11 - Dec 6 by felixstowe_jack

Yes it is a tradition and was called the British Lions. The " & Irish " tag was only added in 2001 a break with tradition.

Only sovereign countries can compete at the Olympic hence the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland compete.

Spot on.

Plus the fact that traditions have to start somewhere, otherwise they wouldn’t become traditions.

I’m not keen on Olympic football as I don’t think it would be there at all, not because of the Team GB thing.

Slagging off Team GB is slagging off all those welsh competitors who have been proud to wear the shirt.
Team GB on 18:23 - Dec 6 with 1992 viewsReslovenSwan1

Team GB on 22:32 - Dec 5 by RhonddaSwans

The Olympics are nothing to do with fifa mate...

I have done a little research and the Olympics are FIFA approved for football. It has to be as all the Team GB players would be FIFA registered players who represent home clubs. A complex legal scenario covering things like insurance. FIFA have n agreement of some sort with the loathsome IOC.

The condition of approval was that the men's game should be primarily an u23 competition with one or two older players to catch TV revenue. The main aim of FIFA's u23 condition was to avoid it as being a rival to the World Cup.

I do not think the Women's World cup is u23.

I have like the olympics less and less as i get older. like all cycling and triathlons and athletics.

I recall the Chinese Winter Olympics. The Chinese IOC committee sent a special request to Putin to delay his Special Military operation until after the closing ceremony. He was such a nice guy that the SMO started a day after and Maripol was bombed flat within a month or two. The IOC respects such gestures.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 18:38]

Team GB on 18:28 - Dec 6 with 1976 viewsKilkennyjack

Team GB on 18:11 - Dec 6 by felixstowe_jack

Whats your view on athletes from the north of Ireland representing Team GB ?
You know, with the north of Ireland not being in , well, GB ….

I look forward to the day when England competes amongst the nations of the world at the Olympics.
Hopefully Scotland and Wales will assist them with that goal.

And of course its just a matter of time that the athletes in the north of Ireland compete for Ireland at the Olympics.

Wont be too long now ….

Team GB on 18:30 - Dec 6 with 1965 viewsGwyn737

Team GB on 18:28 - Dec 6 by Kilkennyjack

Whats your view on athletes from the north of Ireland representing Team GB ?
You know, with the north of Ireland not being in , well, GB ….

I look forward to the day when England competes amongst the nations of the world at the Olympics.
Hopefully Scotland and Wales will assist them with that goal.

And of course its just a matter of time that the athletes in the north of Ireland compete for Ireland at the Olympics.

Wont be too long now ….

I don’t really have a view.

I’m not knowledgeable enough on the subject to take a side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024