Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams 16:35 - Jan 6 with 5410 viewsangryjack

On glue...Fisher starting.oh god
Williams on 01:34 - Jan 8 with 676 viewsTreforys_Jack

We won 7 out of the last 11, drew 2 lost 2, seems a bit much to blame Fisher for us not making the Play Offs. Sure plenty of other players made mistakes during that 11 match spell.He's probably not good enough to be our N°1in the Championship, but certainly not as rubbish as some are making out on this thread.
Williams on 06:20 - Jan 8 with 631 viewsDr_Winston

Williams on 22:17 - Jan 7 by KeithHaynes

If it wasn’t for Fisher and his mistakes over the last eleven games or so last season we would have been in the play off mix.

Blaming Fisher for our failure to make the playoffs instead of the six months with only three wins in them where he barely played is an opinion I guess.

There's only one man responsible for our failure last season, and he somehow managed to parlay that incompetence into a lucrative new job on the South Coast.
[Post edited 8 Jan 6:40]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Williams on 07:11 - Jan 8 with 613 viewsjack247

Williams on 23:15 - Jan 7 by KeithHaynes

I mentioned the last eleven games and the subject is Fisher.

If we’re using arbitrary numbers, we won seven and drew two of the last nine. One of those draws was a 0-0. More than a bit disingenuous to blame any player for mistakes made in that run.
Williams on 07:57 - Jan 8 with 585 viewsangryjack

Williams on 07:11 - Jan 8 by jack247

If we’re using arbitrary numbers, we won seven and drew two of the last nine. One of those draws was a 0-0. More than a bit disingenuous to blame any player for mistakes made in that run.

2 of those games Luton away and Millwall away the goals came drom howlers from Fisher,which if we had won who knows
Williams on 09:42 - Jan 8 with 548 viewsjack247

Williams on 07:57 - Jan 8 by angryjack

2 of those games Luton away and Millwall away the goals came drom howlers from Fisher,which if we had won who knows

Only of those games was in the eleven games Keith quoted. We then went on a nine game run where he conceded just one goal that cost us points.
Williams on 09:51 - Jan 8 with 538 viewsunion_jack

Williams on 01:34 - Jan 8 by Treforys_Jack

We won 7 out of the last 11, drew 2 lost 2, seems a bit much to blame Fisher for us not making the Play Offs. Sure plenty of other players made mistakes during that 11 match spell.He's probably not good enough to be our N°1in the Championship, but certainly not as rubbish as some are making out on this thread.

I’m sorry, but he really is not a good keeper. He can’t do the basics. Now clearly to have been given a professional contract anywhere, he must have displayed some ability but it wasn’t in display here. He is not even back up level in the Championship. League 2 maybe.
In my humblest opinion of course!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Williams on 10:21 - Jan 8 with 520 viewsKeithHaynes

Williams on 06:20 - Jan 8 by Dr_Winston

Blaming Fisher for our failure to make the playoffs instead of the six months with only three wins in them where he barely played is an opinion I guess.

There's only one man responsible for our failure last season, and he somehow managed to parlay that incompetence into a lucrative new job on the South Coast.
[Post edited 8 Jan 6:40]

I can blame fisher for three games in that run that turned in to losses as well,

Or shall we just bang on about Martin again.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Williams on 10:27 - Jan 8 with 513 viewsKeithHaynes

Williams on 07:11 - Jan 8 by jack247

A mistake ! He made loads that cost us games.
Oh, and it wasn’t three wins in twenty three.

Utter nonsense. It was three wins in twenty.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Login to get fewer ads

Williams on 10:39 - Jan 8 with 482 viewsjack247

Williams on 10:27 - Jan 8 by KeithHaynes

I’m lost there.We were talking about the winning run at the end of the season?
Williams on 10:42 - Jan 8 with 474 viewsDr_Winston

Williams on 10:21 - Jan 8 by KeithHaynes

I can blame fisher for three games in that run that turned in to losses as well,

Or shall we just bang on about Martin again.

I'm sorry, but pointing the finger of blame anywhere other than at the doorstep of the man responsible for that horrendous run of form washes less than your average Celtic supporter.

He picked the team. He chose the tactics. He delivered those results despite clearly having the players at his disposal to do better.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Williams on 10:43 - Jan 8 with 473 viewsonehunglow

Williams on 10:27 - Jan 8 by KeithHaynes

Allow me.
And good morning….

I defy any fan to admit that they do not have colly wobbles when opposition have a corner kick.
Even on Saturday ,he stood rooted to his line relying on others to clear .
It’s his job to collect as he can handle the ball and do so when it’s on the air .
A goalkeeper controls his defence. Ask any goalkeeper of worth.
Fisher does not,can not .
Keepers are “ brave”. Fish suffers from basic lack of courage which sees him actually avoid any contact whatsoever . I have never seen any keeper like him . It is utter footballing cowardice .

This chap was purchased by us . Quite why is beyond stupid.
Good with ball at his feet apparently. I recall him simply being terrified of opposing forwards and hoofing the ball into touch like a scared 7 yr old against bigger boys .

It’s about time we actually ripped up his contract and source a keeper of our own . This will cost money but it is basic . Number 1 . The back stop, the rock of any good side. Fish is a rock covered in barnacles at the bottom of the ocean .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Williams on 10:49 - Jan 8 with 470 viewsKeithHaynes

Williams on 10:39 - Jan 8 by jack247

I’m lost there.We were talking about the winning run at the end of the season?

Just tidying up your several posts quoting that stat because others said the same previously.

If the gloves are off all round with a slow deviation towards blaming Martin for everything, disingenuous is as disingenuous does.

Williams on 10:58 - Jan 8 with 461 viewsonehunglow

Williams on 10:49 - Jan 8 by KeithHaynes

Just tidying up your several posts quoting that stat because others said the same previously.

If the gloves are off all round with a slow deviation towards blaming Martin for everything, disingenuous is as disingenuous does.

At least you didn’t come up with scatological . I’ve not come across such a dirty word .
I got GCEs in English myself

Williams on 11:05 - Jan 8 with 455 viewsKeithHaynes

Williams on 10:58 - Jan 8 by onehunglow

At least you didn’t come up with scatological . I’ve not come across such a dirty word .
I got GCEs in English myself

I’m amazed Martin’s name continues to crop up even when the subject is about someone else 🙄

Williams on 11:08 - Jan 8 with 437 viewsonehunglow

Williams on 11:05 - Jan 8 by KeithHaynes

I’m amazed Martin’s name continues to crop up even when the subject is about someone else 🙄

I told him he was extremely clever.
Omnipotent really.
I’ve taken down his undraped photograph from my Music Room.
I will be putting my photo of Paulo Sousa back up on the shelf to sit beside that of Ivor and Charlo.

I should really put these photos on y Facebook but I’m getting ever more circumspect

Williams on 11:11 - Jan 8 with 426 viewsTreforys_Jack

Williams on 11:05 - Jan 8 by KeithHaynes

That's easy to explain, it was Russy's stubbornness that had a direct impact on the form and confidence of Fisher. Fisher was a different keeper when the high risk low reward, suicidal defensive tactics were dumped. 1 person cost us the chance to get into the play offs and it certainly wasn't Fisher.
Williams on 11:17 - Jan 8 with 416 viewsjack247

Williams on 10:49 - Jan 8 by KeithHaynes

I defend Martin on here quite often because I think a lot of the criticism he gets is over the top, agenda driven or personal. I’ll still criticise things I thought he did badly.

I hadn’t mentioned anything about that losing run. I absolutely thought Fisher looked better when we went to a back four and didn’t pass around his area as much.

I don’t actually agree my posts needed tidying up and still don’t know what stat I’ve quoted several times. We’ll have to disagree there.

In my opinion Fisher is an average keeper who is absolutely fine as a backup. I don’t agree his mistakes cost us in the last eleven games.
Williams on 11:25 - Jan 8 with 404 viewsonehunglow

Williams on 11:17 - Jan 8 by jack247

I defend Martin on here quite often because I think a lot of the criticism he gets is over the top, agenda driven or personal. I’ll still criticise things I thought he did badly.

I hadn’t mentioned anything about that losing run. I absolutely thought Fisher looked better when we went to a back four and didn’t pass around his area as much.

I don’t actually agree my posts needed tidying up and still don’t know what stat I’ve quoted several times. We’ll have to disagree there.

In my opinion Fisher is an average keeper who is absolutely fine as a backup. I don’t agree his mistakes cost us in the last eleven games.

Balanced post .
However, why the need to “ defend”
I criticised ,hammered ,insulted his good name mainly when spreading the ludicrous paeans of him.
Incredible to behold
He brought Fishervto the club in the first place.
He bobbed off Whittaker for 1 million ,who is now rated at TEN million.
Now,that is not a good judge of a player.
Chuck in his fan division utterances prior to Soton game and his pitifully disingenuous “ love” for our club and every word of mine is vindicated .
I’ve got splinters on my backside now

Williams on 11:36 - Jan 8 with 401 viewsjack247

Williams on 11:25 - Jan 8 by onehunglow

Balanced post .
However, why the need to “ defend”
I criticised ,hammered ,insulted his good name mainly when spreading the ludicrous paeans of him.
Incredible to behold
He brought Fishervto the club in the first place.
He bobbed off Whittaker for 1 million ,who is now rated at TEN million.
Now,that is not a good judge of a player.
Chuck in his fan division utterances prior to Soton game and his pitifully disingenuous “ love” for our club and every word of mine is vindicated .
I’ve got splinters on my backside now

He brought Fisher to the club yes, he also brought Downes and Darling. Wood maybe?

He sent Whittaker on loan. It seems pretty evident they didn’t get on, however, had the player not been forced back against both their wishes, it could well have been us looking to sell him for £10m now.

‘Defend’ is probably the wrong word. Maybe ‘add objectivity’ (obviously subjective, but the situation as I see it) would have been better.
Williams on 11:39 - Jan 8 with 395 viewsonehunglow

Williams on 11:36 - Jan 8 by jack247

He brought Fisher to the club yes, he also brought Downes and Darling. Wood maybe?

He sent Whittaker on loan. It seems pretty evident they didn’t get on, however, had the player not been forced back against both their wishes, it could well have been us looking to sell him for £10m now.

‘Defend’ is probably the wrong word. Maybe ‘add objectivity’ (obviously subjective, but the situation as I see it) would have been better.

Good riposte and thanks for that .
Our team could have you as Defender and me as attacker

Williams on 11:41 - Jan 8 with 393 viewsangryjack

Williams on 11:11 - Jan 8 by Treforys_Jack

That's easy to explain, it was Russy's stubbornness that had a direct impact on the form and confidence of Fisher. Fisher was a different keeper when the high risk low reward, suicidal defensive tactics were dumped. 1 person cost us the chance to get into the play offs and it certainly wasn't Fisher.

Nonsense,your just talking about Martin making him play and mistakes being made,his overall goalkeeping is not there,don't come off his line and command his box,don't come off his line to close angles,not brave at all,his howlers are proper howlers as he done up in Luton and Millwall at the end season and many more,he's not good enough ,I'd say for pro football never mind championdhip
Williams on 11:49 - Jan 8 with 388 viewsjack247

Williams on 11:41 - Jan 8 by angryjack

Nonsense,your just talking about Martin making him play and mistakes being made,his overall goalkeeping is not there,don't come off his line and command his box,don't come off his line to close angles,not brave at all,his howlers are proper howlers as he done up in Luton and Millwall at the end season and many more,he's not good enough ,I'd say for pro football never mind championdhip

They all make howlers mind. Rushworth has two belters off the top of my head, Southampton away and I can’t remember the opposition, but the home game where he picked up the back pass. He doesn’t get slaughtered for them because he’s a good keeper and he’s saved us a lot of points.

Fisher isn’t close to that standard, but we’re not in a position to have that kind of quality on the bench. He’s fine as a championship backup. If he was our first choice I’d share your concern.
Williams on 11:51 - Jan 8 with 382 viewsKeithHaynes

Williams on 11:11 - Jan 8 by Treforys_Jack

Have you got some examples of the impact of Martin affecting his confidence. Bearing in mind we had an exclusive on him joining he club three weeks before anyone else ?

Which should tell you when I say that Fisher was more than happy to play the system Martin wanted. And at no time did it affect him, he was just not good enough.

Williams on 12:07 - Jan 8 with 370 viewsswancity

You can repeat the same comments time and time again as dr Winston does in the hope that they suddenly become factual and bore people into submission in the process or you can concentrate on giving a balanced viewpoint without an agenda.

Regarding Fisher he recovered well from several individual and costly errors to show an impressive strength of character as well as ability. Of course our style of play at that time meant that he was under pressure, more pressure than was always necessary but when it worked as it mostly did we looked a very good team. Russell Martin continues to show what a good manager he is at Southampton. Despite losing so many of their Premier league star players he’s moulded a strong squad that’s playing attractive winning football and you can’t ask for more than that.

He certainly likes to do things with a style. Occasionally over playing in defensive areas can of course be costly but you can’t fault his approach and determination to play that way. As Martinez said there’s a right way to lose games. Anyone at Oldham Athletic for our first league game in League One under Martinez will know. We lost but did it with style. There’s much to be said for that. As you know that ultimately you’ll win more than you lose.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Williams on 12:11 - Jan 8 with 363 viewsTreforys_Jack

Williams on 11:51 - Jan 8 by KeithHaynes

Have you got some examples of the impact of Martin affecting his confidence. Bearing in mind we had an exclusive on him joining he club three weeks before anyone else ?

Which should tell you when I say that Fisher was more than happy to play the system Martin wanted. And at no time did it affect him, he was just not good enough.

We'll agree to disagree then Keith, it's all only opinions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024