Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macaulay Langstaff. 22:13 - Jan 7 with 1925 viewsKeithHaynes

Can’t see it happening, Coventry have had an offer rejected believed to be 3m. We won’t spend that on him, especially when you look at his goal scoring record overall. Big gamble.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Macaulay Langstaff. on 01:15 - Jan 8 with 1809 viewsjackrmee

I don’t think LW fancies it anyway. He would cost a lot and it’s way higher than he’s ever played before. It would be a big risk. He obviously knows where the goal is, but I said the same about Shankland. I do think they could easily do well anywhere if they had the service.
But LW also said he wants Langstaff to stay at Notts, as they need him for promotion. He seems another really honest and frank guy, who has respect and loyalty. I like him. Let them keep Langstaff 👍

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Macaulay Langstaff. on 07:43 - Jan 8 with 1713 viewsSullutaCreturned

Macaulay Langstaff. on 01:15 - Jan 8 by jackrmee

I don’t think LW fancies it anyway. He would cost a lot and it’s way higher than he’s ever played before. It would be a big risk. He obviously knows where the goal is, but I said the same about Shankland. I do think they could easily do well anywhere if they had the service.
But LW also said he wants Langstaff to stay at Notts, as they need him for promotion. He seems another really honest and frank guy, who has respect and loyalty. I like him. Let them keep Langstaff 👍

Yeah I read the comment about wanting Langstaff to take Notts to promotion. If the guy wants to show respect to his former club then good for him, it makes him better than some other managers.

Besides, we wouldnt offer 300k let alone over 3 million.
Macaulay Langstaff. on 09:40 - Jan 8 with 1629 viewsBoundy

Macaulay Langstaff. on 07:43 - Jan 8 by SullutaCreturned

Yeah I read the comment about wanting Langstaff to take Notts to promotion. If the guy wants to show respect to his former club then good for him, it makes him better than some other managers.

But we paid how much for Yates based on his previous stats .I'm beginning to warm to Williams , he comes across as honest and straight talking , ,its going to interesting to see how much support he's going to get from the board

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Macaulay Langstaff. on 10:47 - Jan 8 with 1534 viewsonehunglow

Macaulay Langstaff. on 09:40 - Jan 8 by Boundy

But we paid how much for Yates based on his previous stats .I'm beginning to warm to Williams , he comes across as honest and straight talking , ,its going to interesting to see how much support he's going to get from the board

I’m just watching Boundy boy.
We’ve been sucked before
He does has personality though,something Duff lacked .
It’s a crucial appointment

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Macaulay Langstaff. on 11:10 - Jan 8 with 1502 viewsReslovenSwan1

Spending money is good if the player increases in value. It is a n investment

The problem come when you over pay and the player never looks worth it. Borja Baston was a one season wonder. Even at the top of his game under Cooper he could not cut it at Championship level.

I do not think there is one fan that thought Barry McKay was ever a good signing. So what did the scouting people see?

Langstaff is a smaller risk at say £3m as if he scores in the Championship his value automatically goes up. As the manager already knows him there is no worry of a "Whitaker scenario". The US owners want Watson and Williams on the same page.

The ideal signing for Swansea was Goykeres . Cooper knew he was going to develop w but was not thinking long terms. A player who will be good in 18 months as no value to Cooper so he let him go. Its pick a number with him now. Big powerful centre forwards with potential are not easy to find. To let Fletcher go was unforgivable in my view.

He was "on trial" and failed the trial. This one will come back to bite.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Macaulay Langstaff. on 17:15 - Jan 8 with 1282 viewsguthrieintherain

Macaulay Langstaff. on 07:43 - Jan 8 by SullutaCreturned

Easy to say that if they have turned down 3 million for him.

No way we would or should pay that price for a player who has not even played in the 3rd tier never mind 2nd.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Macaulay Langstaff. on 20:48 - Jan 8 with 1158 viewsReslovenSwan1

Macaulay Langstaff. on 17:15 - Jan 8 by guthrieintherain

Easy to say that if they have turned down 3 million for him.

No way we would or should pay that price for a player who has not even played in the 3rd tier never mind 2nd.

Similar doubt were about Piroe. A very uninspiring period on loan at Sparta to go on. And a negative post from Swansea ex owner and "man in the know" in Dutch football.

Williams knows ll about him and if he can score 20 goals in the EFL championship he is a 10m+ footballer. Williams knows his strengths and weaknesses and knows he fits in with his style of play.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Macaulay Langstaff. on 21:10 - Jan 8 with 1103 viewsWhiterockin

Macaulay Langstaff. on 20:48 - Jan 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Similar doubt were about Piroe. A very uninspiring period on loan at Sparta to go on. And a negative post from Swansea ex owner and "man in the know" in Dutch football.

Williams knows ll about him and if he can score 20 goals in the EFL championship he is a 10m+ footballer. Williams knows his strengths and weaknesses and knows he fits in with his style of play.

He's 27 next month and untried in this league or above. A hell of a risk and would have to set the world on fire immediately to be a £10M player at his age. Not worth the risk IMO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024