Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dwindling support 22:24 - Jan 31 with 1193 viewsowainglyndwr

Dwindling support home and away , we really need our players, management and owners to pull thier fingers out of thier backsides
The Dwindling support is becoming worrying
Dwindling support on 22:50 - Jan 31 with 1129 viewsonehunglow

Spirits of many have been broken but they can get it back
We have been conditioned by the Yanks not to expect much

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Dwindling support on 22:54 - Jan 31 with 1131 viewsKilkennyjack

I agree its a real issue.

At one time a 30,000 seat stadium seemed a certain next step.

Its something to really focus on cos losing support is a lot easier than building it.

Beware of the Risen People

Dwindling support on 08:18 - Feb 1 with 1020 viewswhiterock

Council offered us a 25k stadium then downgraded it to 20k, had we had 25k we may still be in the Premier League as we would have had 25,00 every game (radical, yes but possible)

5k extra gate at say £20 a ticket = £100,000 per game extra revenue = enough to pay 3/4 quality players per week, that would have, IMO, kept us in the division.

On to the present, we do need a lift regarding players and results although we would have had close to 25k for one or two games already this season plus Leeds and Cardiff to come.
Dwindling support on 08:32 - Feb 1 with 1004 viewsOptimisticJack

Dwindling support on 08:18 - Feb 1 by whiterock

Council offered us a 25k stadium then downgraded it to 20k, had we had 25k we may still be in the Premier League as we would have had 25,00 every game (radical, yes but possible)

5k extra gate at say £20 a ticket = £100,000 per game extra revenue = enough to pay 3/4 quality players per week, that would have, IMO, kept us in the division.

On to the present, we do need a lift regarding players and results although we would have had close to 25k for one or two games already this season plus Leeds and Cardiff to come.

Wouldn't have made a difference I don't think.
We were already on a downward slide out of the Premier League when the sell outs (and or 1 or 2 of their hangers on) decided to sell the club to a hedge fund of 28 people, behind the backs of everyone else connected with the club.

Optimisticjack

Dwindling support on 08:33 - Feb 1 with 1000 viewsjack247

Streaming. It’s a problem for most clubs outside the PL.

I’m guilty of it. I’ll go away two or three times a season. That used to be more and probably still would be if I couldn’t watch every game.

Plenty of people living in Swansea do the same for home games.

Not suggesting crowds wouldn’t pick up if we went on a winning run.
Dwindling support on 09:05 - Feb 1 with 962 viewsonehunglow

Dwindling support on 08:33 - Feb 1 by jack247

I’m guilty of it. I’ll go away two or three times a season. That used to be more and probably still would be if I couldn’t watch every game.

Spirit can come back.
A few decent wins and sensible defence will get people back

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Dwindling support on 09:18 - Feb 1 with 951 viewsjack247

Dwindling support on 09:05 - Feb 1 by onehunglow

Spirit can come back.
A few decent wins and sensible defence will get people back

It’s a bit of both.

A few wins on the bounce will definitely increase the gate. At the same time, it’s so easy not to go now and some people are happy to watch at home.
Dwindling support on 09:27 - Feb 1 with 936 viewsWhiterockin

£100,000 a game revenue over 19 home games is £1.9M or under £40K a week, our average players were on that so it would have made little difference. Obviously the spend would be higher per head but still not enough compared to TV place money. We are where we are today because of the owners not the size of the ground.
Login to get fewer ads

Dwindling support on 09:28 - Feb 1 with 934 viewsWhiterockin

Dwindling support on 08:33 - Feb 1 by jack247

Nail on the head here mate.
Dwindling support on 11:25 - Feb 1 with 832 viewsbuilthjack

You can't beat going to a game.

But the club should be doing something to get crowds in.
1. Cash on the day
2. Cheap family packages. £30 for 2+2.
3. Season ticket holders take a mate for a fiver

Do all of these for Ipswich and boost the gate and takings.
They would gain on food and drink sales as well.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dwindling support on 12:04 - Feb 1 with 781 viewsAguycalledJack

Dwindling support on 11:25 - Feb 1 by builthjack

You can't beat going to a game.

But the club should be doing something to get crowds in.
1. Cash on the day
2. Cheap family packages. £30 for 2+2.
3. Season ticket holders take a mate for a fiver

Do all of these for Ipswich and boost the gate and takings.
They would gain on food and drink sales as well.

Not if the new system of machine and collect fails to work. I don't usually order food or drink at the stadium but my mate used to before the new ordering system and cashless (chips for his boy etc). He no longer bothers since the new system was in palace.

A few weeks back, I did go to purchase food, this was during the game and no ques (i had had a few beers and needed to nip to the loo so thought I would purchase a chocolate bar). Faced with no ques I went up to the counter to place my order, to be informed that I had to order via the pin pad over there and then collect. End result, I did not bother to order, where as a cash transaction in that instance would have taken 30 seconds.
Dwindling support on 13:57 - Feb 1 with 678 viewsKeithHaynes

25k would have easily been achieved in the EPL

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Dwindling support on 15:10 - Feb 1 with 630 viewsLuther27

Dwindling support on 12:04 - Feb 1 by AguycalledJack

Not if the new system of machine and collect fails to work. I don't usually order food or drink at the stadium but my mate used to before the new ordering system and cashless (chips for his boy etc). He no longer bothers since the new system was in palace.

A few weeks back, I did go to purchase food, this was during the game and no ques (i had had a few beers and needed to nip to the loo so thought I would purchase a chocolate bar). Faced with no ques I went up to the counter to place my order, to be informed that I had to order via the pin pad over there and then collect. End result, I did not bother to order, where as a cash transaction in that instance would have taken 30 seconds.

I was the same. I wonder how much revenue they are losing from the likes of us.
Dwindling support on 15:37 - Feb 1 with 611 viewsSullutaCreturned

100k extra per home game, then take tax out of it, then think that average EPL players get 40k per week.

If we said 25 home games per season (which we dont often get) then it's 2.5 million, minus tax 2 million, that's one average EPL player.
Dwindling support on 16:22 - Feb 1 with 575 viewsbuilthjack

Dwindling support on 15:10 - Feb 1 by Luther27

I was the same. I wonder how much revenue they are losing from the likes of us.

They are losing a lot of revenue at the kiosks.
The new machines are a pain. They usually run out of paper, so stop you ordering.
No cash is a pain.
Nothing ready at the kiosk is a pain.

Effing useless they are.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024