Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Discrimination of the elderly 08:27 - Feb 19 with 3065 viewsBoundy

Plans to make over 65's resit their test , strange then that most accidents are caused by kids having just passed their test ( age group 20 -29 ) , hence the high risk premium they have to pay along with a black box fitted.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/motorists-call-out-plans-demanding-elderly-d

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Discrimination of the elderly on 18:33 - Feb 20 with 552 viewsjack247

Discrimination of the elderly on 15:45 - Feb 20 by onehunglow

And another thing…Drink and drug driving is off the scale at the moment . Talk to an operational officer rather than a talking tie .
It is rare indeed to find over 60 s impaired thus and under 30 s primarily so via dope.

These are real killers

So ,someone has to use glasses to drive ? So bluddy what.
I’d rather be a passenger with Lifey than any 22 yr old ,thanks .

Experience is something you can’t train for .

Young people with no driving experience acting macho in cars too powerful for them
Elderly people continuing to drive as their ability to do so diminishes
Drink driving

Are all separate problems that impact road safety. It’s not a case of picking which one is the biggest risk and just addressing that.
Discrimination of the elderly on 19:54 - Feb 20 with 514 viewsonehunglow

Discrimination of the elderly on 18:33 - Feb 20 by jack247

Young people with no driving experience acting macho in cars too powerful for them
Drink driving

Are all separate problems that impact road safety. It’s not a case of picking which one is the biggest risk and just addressing that.

Elderly drivers become over cautious .
Younger drivers the exact opposite
Which is more dangerous
What is more dangerous. Driving doped up or having reduced eyesight or hearing .
Drug driving. Is for the young. It’s carnage out there. Talk to any Traffic officer .
The “ elderly “ will also be insured,many young are not .
Young people take risks ,and they do this when your kids are on the streets and in public areas

[Post edited 20 Feb 19:56]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Discrimination of the elderly on 19:56 - Feb 20 with 516 viewsFlashberryjack

Discrimination of the elderly on 18:33 - Feb 20 by jack247

Drink driving

Then they should address the biggest cause of road accidents, not least, just because attacking the elderly is the easiest option, I've been driving for well over 40 years without a single traffic accident

The biggest problem I see on roads, are impatient young women, driving far to close to the vehicle in front, or on their phones, or sometimes both.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Discrimination of the elderly on 19:59 - Feb 20 with 511 viewsonehunglow

Discrimination of the elderly on 19:56 - Feb 20 by Flashberryjack

Then they should address the biggest cause of road accidents, not least, just because attacking the elderly is the easiest option, I've been driving for well over 40 years without a single traffic accident

The biggest problem I see on roads, are impatient young women, driving far to close to the vehicle in front, or on their phones, or sometimes both.

Well said.
Check out the Pippas driving tgeurvspoilt,phone attached offspring on their 500 yard trip to school,as they can’t risk walking there .
Check out the parking,the grotesque obstruction by those with money but no forking brains.
Got a Range Rover,Audi Q7,X5.
Wirral is full of these jerks
They’re out causing mayhem when the elderly are Ruth still on bed or looking for a doctors appointment.
Fair play,my blood is boiling here
Next up….lets have you …

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:15 - Feb 20 with 498 viewsjack247

They do. Thus is what people aren’t getting.

On the phone whilst driving - 6 points and a fine
Drink driving - points or automatic ban and fine

There are lots of barriers to young drivers, responsible or otherwise - 6 points and they are banned for a start.

Yet there is nothing to stop someone whose reaction times, eyesight, hearing or even all 3 are deteriorating apart from their own conscience.

I’m not sure why people have adopted a persecution complex here. Everything else mentioned so far already has barriers or sanctions.
Discrimination of the elderly on 20:22 - Feb 20 with 494 viewsjack247

Discrimination of the elderly on 19:54 - Feb 20 by onehunglow

Which is more dangerous
What is more dangerous. Driving doped up or having reduced eyesight or hearing .
Drug driving. Is for the young. It’s carnage out there. Talk to any Traffic officer .
Young people take risks ,and they do this when your kids are on the streets and in public areas

This has bypassed you hasn’t it?

It’s not about elderly vs young, it’s about road safety. The younger drivers have plenty of restrictions imposed on them and reasonably so. No ones arguing they shouldn’t.

The elderly have none.

This is nothing more than ensuring ongoing driving competence.
Discrimination of the elderly on 20:27 - Feb 20 with 474 viewsLuther27

And don’t mention supermarket car parks!
Discrimination of the elderly on 20:33 - Feb 20 with 447 viewsLuther27

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:22 - Feb 20 by jack247

It’s not about elderly vs young, it’s about road safety. The younger drivers have plenty of restrictions imposed on them and reasonably so. No ones arguing they shouldn’t.

The elderly have none.

Why therefor is insurance a lot higher for younger inexperienced drivers than older experienced drivers?
As my father said today discussing a retest of sorts for over 65’s. Quote…if I end up in court because some jobsworth cop pulls me over and I haven’t sat a retest then they can take my car and shove it up their bleep bleep bleep 🙄….and I’ll tell them that not paying fuel duty, car tax, maintenance including tyres etc I’ll save £4K a year.
Thinking about he’s got a point.
Login to get fewer ads

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:34 - Feb 20 with 445 viewsFlashberryjack

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:15 - Feb 20 by jack247

They do. Thus is what people aren’t getting.

On the phone whilst driving - 6 points and a fine
Drink driving - points or automatic ban and fine

There are lots of barriers to young drivers, responsible or otherwise - 6 points and they are banned for a start.

Yet there is nothing to stop someone whose reaction times, eyesight, hearing or even all 3 are deteriorating apart from their own conscience.

I’m not sure why people have adopted a persecution complex here. Everything else mentioned so far already has barriers or sanctions.

Drink driving is an automatic disqualification in 99 % of cases.

Using your phone whilst driving is just as dangerous, and should carry an automatic ban as well.

There are many middle aged men/women suffering from the same deteriorating health issues as you describe, should they, or all driver take a driving test every 4 or five years.

Hello

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:39 - Feb 20 with 438 viewsjack247

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:33 - Feb 20 by Luther27

Why therefor is insurance a lot higher for younger inexperienced drivers than older experienced drivers?
As my father said today discussing a retest of sorts for over 65’s. Quote…if I end up in court because some jobsworth cop pulls me over and I haven’t sat a retest then they can take my car and shove it up their bleep bleep bleep 🙄….and I’ll tell them that not paying fuel duty, car tax, maintenance including tyres etc I’ll save £4K a year.

Because they cause more crashes. Are you suggesting we ignore one demographic because another is more of an issue?

As I’ve said further up, I don’t agree with anyone having to retake a full driving test. I’m in favour of aptitude tests though.
Discrimination of the elderly on 20:43 - Feb 20 with 432 viewsjack247

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:34 - Feb 20 by Flashberryjack

Drink driving is an automatic disqualification in 99 % of cases.

Using your phone whilst driving is just as dangerous, and should carry an automatic ban as well.

There are many middle aged men/women suffering from the same deteriorating health issues as you describe, should they, or all driver take a driving test every 4 or five years.

I don’t know why 65 has been banded about. I’d guess there’s science behind it and that’s a common age peoples driving starts to worsen.

I’d personally have no issue taking aptitude tests every few years.
Discrimination of the elderly on 20:44 - Feb 20 with 429 viewsLuther27

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:39 - Feb 20 by jack247

Because they cause more crashes. Are you suggesting we ignore one demographic because another is more of an issue?

As I’ve said further up, I don’t agree with anyone having to retake a full driving test. I’m in favour of aptitude tests though.

What do you mean by aptitude?
Discrimination of the elderly on 20:51 - Feb 20 with 415 viewsjack247

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:44 - Feb 20 by Luther27

What do you mean by aptitude?

Eyesight, hearing - using whatever glasses/contects/hearing aids etc people would drive using. Reaction speed. There’s probably more, but that kind of thing.

I don’t see any benefit in making people parallel park and do three point turns.
Discrimination of the elderly on 20:59 - Feb 20 with 398 viewsLuther27

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:51 - Feb 20 by jack247

Eyesight, hearing - using whatever glasses/contects/hearing aids etc people would drive using. Reaction speed. There’s probably more, but that kind of thing.

I don’t see any benefit in making people parallel park and do three point turns.

Agree with the parking etc. can only speak for my old man when I say he’s of a generation where his life revolves around everything you’ve mentioned health wise. He’s got his wits about him, but looking from his view point it boils his piss that his generation is constantly being sniped at…except by car insurance companies who class him as an experienced safe driver and lower his annual costs.

So….is it safety…or another potential money raising exercise? I think we can guess which one it is….after all insurance companies are no mugs
Discrimination of the elderly on 21:24 - Feb 20 with 368 viewsjack247

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:59 - Feb 20 by Luther27

Agree with the parking etc. can only speak for my old man when I say he’s of a generation where his life revolves around everything you’ve mentioned health wise. He’s got his wits about him, but looking from his view point it boils his piss that his generation is constantly being sniped at…except by car insurance companies who class him as an experienced safe driver and lower his annual costs.

So….is it safety…or another potential money raising exercise? I think we can guess which one it is….after all insurance companies are no mugs

I’m not sure I agree with the constantly sniped at bit. What do you mean exactly?

As I’ve said above, I don’t agree with anyone having to retake full tests. If you’ve been driving most of your life, you know how to do it.

What’s wrong with testing your eyesight, hearing and reactions every couple of years and maintaining your low insurance premiums?
Discrimination of the elderly on 21:37 - Feb 20 with 336 viewsFlashberryjack

Discrimination of the elderly on 21:24 - Feb 20 by jack247

I’m not sure I agree with the constantly sniped at bit. What do you mean exactly?

As I’ve said above, I don’t agree with anyone having to retake full tests. If you’ve been driving most of your life, you know how to do it.

What’s wrong with testing your eyesight, hearing and reactions every couple of years and maintaining your low insurance premiums?

With regard to the "constantly sniping" comment, It's because it's true, some people keep on about the burden of the older generation, almost the to point of feeling guilty for not dying earlier to save the NHS and money on pensions.
[Post edited 20 Feb 21:56]

Hello

Discrimination of the elderly on 22:30 - Feb 20 with 289 viewsmajorraglan

Not sure why people are getting so hot under the collar, this petition was started by a guy called Deniss Fomins (who doesn’t appear to be anybody of any significance) and it’s attracted 496 signatories in the time it’s been open - it’s going nowhere.

Maybe he's had a bad experience with some Reginald Molehusband type old codger whose driving fell below the requisite standard.
Discrimination of the elderly on 22:37 - Feb 20 with 276 viewsmajorraglan

Discrimination of the elderly on 05:44 - Feb 20 by angryjack

I was up dunelm the other day and the car park was nearly empty,some old sl@g about 75 came and parked right next to me,where there was loads and loads of spaces,gave herself no room to get out and just opened her door and dented my passenger door,I got out and she blatantly denied it,the old c@nts shouldn't be on road..
[Post edited 20 Feb 8:05]

I always make a point of parking away from other cars and it really annoys me when people park right next to me when there’s acres of space, wifey on the other hand heads to the nearest parking space to the shops regardless of what’s parked in the adjacent space.

My car has a couple of little marks where a 2 ton Tessie has tried to squeeze out of a 12inch gap 🤬🤬. Supermarkets should also make the bays bigger, saw an article on a supermarket which had introduced larger bays with gaps between them, one of the round here would get my custom every time.
Discrimination of the elderly on 23:13 - Feb 20 with 267 viewsonehunglow

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:22 - Feb 20 by jack247

The elderly have none.

What
You're losing this argument
Mr angry s attitude says much

Young people are a higher risk

Speak to a insurance broker after you've spoken to a police officer about ages vis a vis accidents

You might try parking your ego

Ego kills by the way

Road Rage is ego driven and few pensioners guilty of it

Discrimination of the elderly on 23:19 - Feb 20 with 265 viewsonehunglow

Police ,now old people
Fork me Angryman
Look out

Discrimination of the elderly on 06:34 - Feb 21 with 226 viewsjack247

Discrimination of the elderly on 23:13 - Feb 20 by onehunglow

What
You're losing this argument
Mr angry s attitude says much

Young people are a higher risk

Speak to a insurance broker after you've spoken to a police officer about ages vis a vis accidents

You might try parking your ego

Ego kills by the way

Road Rage is ego driven and few pensioners guilty of it

You still haven’t grasped the fact that it’s not, or at least shouldn’t be, a young vs elderly debate. Your entitled baby boomer persecution complex is shining through here.

Let’s just say under 30s are responsible for 50% of accidents and pensioners 10%. To a rational mind, you put measures in place to reduce incidents in both demographics. To yours, you ignore the 10% because young people cause more crashes.

I’m in neither group, I’m in my 40s, been driving well over half my lifetime. There are currently no restrictions on me driving until the day I die, no matter my capacity as I get older. To me, that is wrong.
Discrimination of the elderly on 08:19 - Feb 21 with 205 viewsjackrmee

Discrimination of the elderly on 08:47 - Feb 20 by onehunglow

And no kids ,you cant drive with
1 Snoop Dog slapping his bitches up on the sound system half the size of a Corsa
2. Munching on a McDonalds
3.Sipping a Costa coffee
4. Having a smoke
5 Texting your mum or chum

Nice feature in car meets just now with young d1cks reclining they can drive souped up Vauxhalls around roundabouts wheels a spinning .

Only 70 olds around were walking their dogs

But in reality, you can do all them things, apart from number 5…right?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Discrimination of the elderly on 08:45 - Feb 21 with 197 viewsonehunglow

Discrimination of the elderly on 08:19 - Feb 21 by jackrmee

But in reality, you can do all them things, apart from number 5…right?

Reality !
The reality is that the younger the driver,the less they concentrate as they simply get in the car and assume they will get to their destination . Ergo,they cannot accept RTCs are not “ accidents”

Discrimination of the elderly on 09:00 - Feb 21 with 194 viewsjackrmee

Discrimination of the elderly on 19:54 - Feb 20 by onehunglow

Which is more dangerous

Is over cautious actually dangerous?
Is driving under the influence of cannabis actually dangerous?

I agree with most of the rest.
Young people definitely take more risks and show off more. I was an idiot in my car at 17. Not proud of it, but I was very young in the head.
I had a 1 litre Nova as well, so stopping youngsters driving bigger engines won’t stop the dangerous driving around towns and villages, but may stop a very small percentage of young people unable to manage powerful cars.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Discrimination of the elderly on 09:05 - Feb 21 with 187 viewsjackrmee

Discrimination of the elderly on 20:33 - Feb 20 by Luther27

4k a year!!!

Mad. Should get with the times mun.

Red diesel half price.
Don’t need tax and insurance.
Servicing? 😂
Get part worn tyres off Facebook marketplace mun.

£40 a year all in.
Damn fuddy duddies

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024