Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust update: new investment 14:40 - Feb 22 with 1961 viewsQJumpingJack

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/news/trust-statement-new-shares-february-2024/
Trust update: new investment on 15:51 - Feb 22 with 1270 viewsWhiterockin

"We have been advised that this latest equity injection is part of Andy Coleman’s investment into the club and we have asked the club to put out a release of their own to provide supporters with further clarity."

It is good to see that others are asking for clarity. Without it there will never be any sort of trust between the supporters and the majority shareholders.
Trust update: new investment on 16:59 - Feb 22 with 1211 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust update: new investment on 15:51 - Feb 22 by Whiterockin

"We have been advised that this latest equity injection is part of Andy Coleman’s investment into the club and we have asked the club to put out a release of their own to provide supporters with further clarity."

It is good to see that others are asking for clarity. Without it there will never be any sort of trust between the supporters and the majority shareholders.

I trust them and do not need clarity. They have not asset stripped the club simply sold players to cover costs. Cooper and Martin let good players leave for very low prices. Their job was to develop and raise valuations. Good work with Piroe and Downes.

The club is backing Watson and Williams but loans do not pay the bills. One of the best Welsh prospects available came from Bala Town not Chelsea.

You and other start from a point of distrust. This is no surprise. "Wise sages" on forum like this stated they were asset strippers paying themselves big money. It was a myth and not true.

a) One claimed they were paying phantom staff who did not exist and pocketting their wages.

b) One said the plan was always to put the club into administration after the parachutes ended.

c) One stated the "rules of hedge funds" were that the investors were guaranteed 15% annual return irrespective of performance.

All nonsense.
[Post edited 22 Feb 17:01]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Trust update: new investment on 17:01 - Feb 22 with 1207 viewsWhiterockin

Trust update: new investment on 16:59 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

I trust them and do not need clarity. They have not asset stripped the club simply sold players to cover costs. Cooper and Martin let good players leave for very low prices. Their job was to develop and raise valuations. Good work with Piroe and Downes.

The club is backing Watson and Williams but loans do not pay the bills. One of the best Welsh prospects available came from Bala Town not Chelsea.

You and other start from a point of distrust. This is no surprise. "Wise sages" on forum like this stated they were asset strippers paying themselves big money. It was a myth and not true.

a) One claimed they were paying phantom staff who did not exist and pocketting their wages.

b) One said the plan was always to put the club into administration after the parachutes ended.

c) One stated the "rules of hedge funds" were that the investors were guaranteed 15% annual return irrespective of performance.

All nonsense.

If there is nothing to hide why not provide clarity.
Trust update: new investment on 17:10 - Feb 22 with 1174 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust update: new investment on 17:01 - Feb 22 by Whiterockin

If there is nothing to hide why not provide clarity.

It serves no useful purpose. The fans own group took £500k of the other owners and no one asks them why they have not done anything with it. Only me actually.

Trust update: new investment on 17:18 - Feb 22 with 1168 viewsQJumpingJack

Trust update: new investment on 16:59 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

All nonsense.

excuse me - Cooper and Martin do not decide the price for players who were leaving.
It was Jason.
Trust update: new investment on 17:21 - Feb 22 with 1167 viewsswancity

The Trust are a complete and utter nonentity now. Achieving nothing. Weak, passive and certainly not in any way shape or form are they doing what it was set up all those years ago for. You do seriously wonder what attracts them to the roles?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust update: new investment on 17:32 - Feb 22 with 1135 viewsWhiterockin

Trust update: new investment on 17:10 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

It serves no useful purpose. The fans own group took £500k of the other owners and no one asks them why they have not done anything with it. Only me actually.

Which shows that you are obsessed with the 10% while ignoring the 70% ish. It still doesn't ring true with apparently investment just made by Coleman? Why the delay? More clarity less questions.
Trust update: new investment on 17:42 - Feb 22 with 1116 viewsKeithHaynes

And still we don’t know where this investment is coming from, how much and when ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust update: new investment on 17:50 - Feb 22 with 1089 viewsWhiterockin

Trust update: new investment on 17:42 - Feb 22 by KeithHaynes

And still we don’t know where this investment is coming from, how much and when ?

Or if this is the Coleman investment arriving. Hopefully the explanation by the football financial expert in due course, will go some way into explaining the spiders web.
Trust update: new investment on 18:36 - Feb 22 with 1005 viewsJumpingJackFlash

It's money for more shares which dilutes the others' shares including Morris, which is Interesting. I wonder whether he's happy with that?
Trust update: new investment on 18:47 - Feb 22 with 988 viewsWhiterockin

Trust update: new investment on 18:36 - Feb 22 by JumpingJackFlash

It's money for more shares which dilutes the others' shares including Morris, which is Interesting. I wonder whether he's happy with that?

I wonder if he was given the option of putting more in to hold his percentage stake.
Trust update: new investment on 19:44 - Feb 22 with 928 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust update: new investment on 17:18 - Feb 22 by QJumpingJack

excuse me - Cooper and Martin do not decide the price for players who were leaving.
It was Jason.

Cooper was offered Gyorkeres for roughly £1m and declined to sign the player or given play him. He as exactly the right signing for Swansea. Young raw with a huge upside. (same as Fletcher and Kuharevych). One gone one struggling to play.

Martin was given whittaker to play increase his value and sell on. Martin destroyed his value.

I believe Potter was no fan of McBurnie's off the field activities. As a poker player he did the club s bidding and explained his frequent illnesses as the result of a young fellow getting to grips with being professional footballer and needing to "cut back on his online gaming" excesses. "£20m that will be do nicely". For one season OMcB saw more prison cells than goal nets.

Trust update: new investment on 20:03 - Feb 22 with 902 viewsKeithHaynes

Trust update: new investment on 19:44 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper was offered Gyorkeres for roughly £1m and declined to sign the player or given play him. He as exactly the right signing for Swansea. Young raw with a huge upside. (same as Fletcher and Kuharevych). One gone one struggling to play.

Martin was given whittaker to play increase his value and sell on. Martin destroyed his value.

I believe Potter was no fan of McBurnie's off the field activities. As a poker player he did the club s bidding and explained his frequent illnesses as the result of a young fellow getting to grips with being professional footballer and needing to "cut back on his online gaming" excesses. "£20m that will be do nicely". For one season OMcB saw more prison cells than goal nets.

When Whittaker moves on this summer the Swans will get at least three million.
Destroyed ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Trust update: new investment on 20:05 - Feb 22 with 896 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust update: new investment on 17:21 - Feb 22 by swancity

The Trust are a complete and utter nonentity now. Achieving nothing. Weak, passive and certainly not in any way shape or form are they doing what it was set up all those years ago for. You do seriously wonder what attracts them to the roles?

They continue to be diluted.
They are still paying legal bills
Inflation is to still around 5% devaluing their cash
Membership is falling.

It could have been worse if the won their legal case. No point giving them money if they have no plan to invest. Once they get to 5% protected they can get put the deck chairs out and do even less if that is possible.

They never wanted cash. They wanted "protection". This was the philosophy the members bought into. They are a reflection of the members. They were never any good. After Martinez walked through the door they became obsolete.
[Post edited 22 Feb 20:07]

Trust update: new investment on 20:14 - Feb 22 with 867 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust update: new investment on 20:03 - Feb 22 by KeithHaynes

When Whittaker moves on this summer the Swans will get at least three million.
Destroyed ?

This is a fair point but it could have been the full £12m had Duff got the best out of him.

These decisions are critical. Giving Llorente a 2 year deal instead of the three year deal for example.

The Trust said this.

"the latest cash injection is part of chairman Andy Coleman's investment into the club". This suggests that Coleman has invested in excess of this number to me. More than any living Welshman. Creoso i'r Gymru.

Trust update: new investment on 20:14 - Feb 22 with 869 viewsWhiterockin

Trust update: new investment on 20:05 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

They continue to be diluted.
They are still paying legal bills
Inflation is to still around 5% devaluing their cash
Membership is falling.

It could have been worse if the won their legal case. No point giving them money if they have no plan to invest. Once they get to 5% protected they can get put the deck chairs out and do even less if that is possible.

They never wanted cash. They wanted "protection". This was the philosophy the members bought into. They are a reflection of the members. They were never any good. After Martinez walked through the door they became obsolete.
[Post edited 22 Feb 20:07]

If the majority shareholders keep diluting the 5% protected looks like a good deal. I wonder how Mr Morris feels.
Trust update: new investment on 20:19 - Feb 22 with 857 viewsWhiterockin

Trust update: new investment on 20:14 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

This is a fair point but it could have been the full £12m had Duff got the best out of him.

These decisions are critical. Giving Llorente a 2 year deal instead of the three year deal for example.

The Trust said this.

"the latest cash injection is part of chairman Andy Coleman's investment into the club". This suggests that Coleman has invested in excess of this number to me. More than any living Welshman. Creoso i'r Gymru.

The trust also requested clarification of this and clarity for the supporters, don't cherry pick.
Trust update: new investment on 20:21 - Feb 22 with 843 viewsswancity

Trust update: new investment on 19:44 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Gyokeres was poor for us though. Very poor and you could understand why he wasn’t wanted. He’s done better since.

Whittaker is a selfish footballer playing a team sport. An individual who needed to grow up a bit. He seems to be doing just that.

The world of football is full of these stories. Every club. Every season has similar tales. Player development and personal maturity plays a part. Not too many here rated Dean Saunders. He didn’t do too badly.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust update: new investment on 20:26 - Feb 22 with 811 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust update: new investment on 20:14 - Feb 22 by Whiterockin

If the majority shareholders keep diluting the 5% protected looks like a good deal. I wonder how Mr Morris feels.

He is an experience shareholder. He has not lost money exactly. He has just a lower proportion of the club that he had when he invested.

Championship clubs mostly struggle to make profits so inflation does not increase the overall value of the club that much.

He will be pleased Coleman i backing huimself with his own money. Huw Jenkins has done the same at Newport. These are people with energy and belief. Fans dislike them for whatever reason I cannot figure out. (they do not understand capitalism perhaps?)

The Trust do not believe in Swansea, that is why they have not invested anything. They are happy to shrink. The 5 % deal was good for people who do not want to contribute. Old retired folk who's days have long passed.

Trust update: new investment on 20:49 - Feb 22 with 788 viewsWhiterockin

Trust update: new investment on 20:26 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

He is an experience shareholder. He has not lost money exactly. He has just a lower proportion of the club that he had when he invested.

Championship clubs mostly struggle to make profits so inflation does not increase the overall value of the club that much.

He will be pleased Coleman i backing huimself with his own money. Huw Jenkins has done the same at Newport. These are people with energy and belief. Fans dislike them for whatever reason I cannot figure out. (they do not understand capitalism perhaps?)

The Trust do not believe in Swansea, that is why they have not invested anything. They are happy to shrink. The 5 % deal was good for people who do not want to contribute. Old retired folk who's days have long passed.

The last sentence is ageism and should be a banning offence.
Trust update: new investment on 23:07 - Feb 22 with 687 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust update: new investment on 20:49 - Feb 22 by Whiterockin

The last sentence is ageism and should be a banning offence.

Not old in age old in thinking. They are just looking for an easy life. No energy. No dynamism.

Trust update: new investment on 08:28 - Feb 23 with 561 viewsQJumpingJack

Trust update: new investment on 20:26 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

the last sentence needs editing. Not on.
Trust update: new investment on 08:54 - Feb 23 with 538 viewsWhiterockin

Trust update: new investment on 23:07 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Not old in age old in thinking. They are just looking for an easy life. No energy. No dynamism.

If it was not old in age why mention retirement. If you have to backtrack don't post it. You really are a nasty piece of work, just accept when you are wrong.
Trust update: new investment on 09:41 - Feb 23 with 494 viewsonehunglow

Trust update: new investment on 08:54 - Feb 23 by Whiterockin

If it was not old in age why mention retirement. If you have to backtrack don't post it. You really are a nasty piece of work, just accept when you are wrong.

Hmm.
I don’t lack either and I’m in that age group referred to.
Easy life my arse . I’ve never been so engaged and Res comments are simply ignorant .
Nasty piece of work “.?
Probably not . I’ve been called the same and worse .I see more open snide abuse on here .
It’s gonna be a long day and tomorrow looks worse.
Another swans defeat and utter humiliation for Wales in Dublin

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Trust update: new investment on 10:17 - Feb 23 with 471 viewsWhiterockin

Trust update: new investment on 09:41 - Feb 23 by onehunglow

Hmm.
I don’t lack either and I’m in that age group referred to.
Easy life my arse . I’ve never been so engaged and Res comments are simply ignorant .
Nasty piece of work “.?
Probably not . I’ve been called the same and worse .I see more open snide abuse on here .
It’s gonna be a long day and tomorrow looks worse.
Another swans defeat and utter humiliation for Wales in Dublin

Mild to the opinions of him on the other site.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024