Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Women 17:52 - Mar 19 with 1207 viewsWhiterockin

Making massive strides this season

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/alice-weekes-appointed-swansea-citys-first-head

Feel free to move admin if you feel it's on the wrong board.
Swansea Women on 18:44 - Mar 19 with 1161 viewsGwyn737

Looks like a really good appointment.

I’d love to see Swansea become the hotbed of Welsh women’s football.
Swansea Women on 18:44 - Mar 19 with 1162 viewsKeithHaynes

Not at all, we have a link above to their site and have covered them more than any other Welsh football website.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea Women on 20:47 - Mar 19 with 1115 viewsReslovenSwan1

The plan is to stay semi pro and in the Welsh leagues I presume. Coleman has talked about raising standards of women football in Swansea (and Wales).

Bear in mind there is no fully professional men's league. There will be a hope this team will be sustainable with large cash paying crowds. This could be useful if the Ospreys leave.

If they do not get decent paying crowds or sponsorship it could be a drain on the club finances. Trips to Sloven Bratislava do not come cheap. Even now the club cannot balance the books. Adding to the outgoings is not going to help matters.

The best Swansea players will want to go professional and join Gwalia Utd or an English team.
[Post edited 20 Mar 1:18]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea Women on 20:51 - Mar 19 with 1105 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea Women on 18:44 - Mar 19 by KeithHaynes

Not at all, we have a link above to their site and have covered them more than any other Welsh football website.

Thanks, TBH I hadn't noticed the link.
Swansea Women on 23:42 - Mar 19 with 1005 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Why are they women now and not ladies anymore? What is the difference between a woman and a lady?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea Women on 12:10 - Mar 20 with 887 viewsshaggyrogers

Swansea Women on 20:47 - Mar 19 by ReslovenSwan1

The plan is to stay semi pro and in the Welsh leagues I presume. Coleman has talked about raising standards of women football in Swansea (and Wales).

Bear in mind there is no fully professional men's league. There will be a hope this team will be sustainable with large cash paying crowds. This could be useful if the Ospreys leave.

If they do not get decent paying crowds or sponsorship it could be a drain on the club finances. Trips to Sloven Bratislava do not come cheap. Even now the club cannot balance the books. Adding to the outgoings is not going to help matters.

The best Swansea players will want to go professional and join Gwalia Utd or an English team.

If they remain semi pro then they will look to get into the English system. They will make no money from paying crowds as it stands and the welsh league is going nowhere.

They get approximately 100 supporters at home games and it is free entry.

It is good that they have appointed someone to oversee things but looking at her background it seems she is a commercial person so my guess is that primarily she will be looking for sponsorship, partnerships and the like. Just checked and i'm told leigh dineen still oversees the first team.
Swansea Women on 16:34 - Mar 20 with 840 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea Women on 12:10 - Mar 20 by shaggyrogers

If they remain semi pro then they will look to get into the English system. They will make no money from paying crowds as it stands and the welsh league is going nowhere.

They get approximately 100 supporters at home games and it is free entry.

It is good that they have appointed someone to oversee things but looking at her background it seems she is a commercial person so my guess is that primarily she will be looking for sponsorship, partnerships and the like. Just checked and i'm told leigh dineen still oversees the first team.

Coleman stated he wanted to grow the game "in Wales" which is not actually his remit. Women crowds are reported as big in England but how much to do the fans pay in tickets?.

I am concerned that a successful team could dilute the brand and eat into revenues. The academy could then be downgraded again seeing talented local lads like Parker picked up at 15 as is happening at Cardiff.

Big Welsh firms might be tempted with the women's game due to the lack of unsavoury characters and moronic chanting in the male game as seen again on the weekend. Swansea fans are way too tolerant of this filth.

Go Compare a very large insurance brand are proud to be associated with Gwalia United. It seems to me Swansea girls will see Gwalia as the next step up to the professional ranks.

Rename the Women's team Dinas Abertawe. I heard on the radio Chelsea beat Ajax and thought that was a good result for Pochettino. It took me a day or two to realise it was not his team.

Swansea Women on 22:56 - Mar 21 with 713 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea Women on 23:42 - Mar 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Why are they women now and not ladies anymore? What is the difference between a woman and a lady?

Well we dont ever say the gentlemans team do we ?

Its men and women, and thats that.

Not sure why ladies was ever a thing, Doncastor had the famous Belles of course.

All a bit strange but sorted now.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Women on 22:58 - Mar 21 with 713 viewsRhonddaSwans

Well if they were playing in the english league it might be slightly interesting.

But in the welsh league 😆

no thank you.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Swansea Women on 18:27 - Mar 22 with 635 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea Women on 22:58 - Mar 21 by RhonddaSwans

Well if they were playing in the english league it might be slightly interesting.

But in the welsh league 😆

no thank you.

It would also be "slightly expensive".

I believe the Spanish Women got angry with their FA after being treated as second class citizens. I could not understand fully what they were so unhappy about. Then the Guardian reported that when called to camp in Madrid the Women had to travel 2 nd class train.
It is human nature to get parity.

If Swansea women are professional they will demand equal treatment and no discrimination as determined by current UK law. Wales only needs one professional team and that is Gwalia Utd at present who have Welsh sponsorship. This is unless they can grow the Welsh Women's league and do what the men cannot do.

Swansea Women on 18:47 - Mar 22 with 611 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea Women on 18:27 - Mar 22 by ReslovenSwan1

I believe the Spanish Women got angry with their FA after being treated as second class citizens. I could not understand fully what they were so unhappy about. Then the Guardian reported that when called to camp in Madrid the Women had to travel 2 nd class train.

If Swansea women are professional they will demand equal treatment and no discrimination as determined by current UK law. Wales only needs one professional team and that is Gwalia Utd at present who have Welsh sponsorship. This is unless they can grow the Welsh Women's league and do what the men cannot do.

Do you really think women playing in the English leagues and affiliated to men's teams get equal treatment. They certainly don't expect it, they are realistic in their aims and ambitions.

As for Wales only needing one professional women's team, that's only your opinion and not the medium term ambition of our club, that I can assure you.
Swansea Women on 20:04 - Mar 22 with 572 viewsRhonddaSwans

Swansea Women on 18:27 - Mar 22 by ReslovenSwan1

If they were playing towards the wsl.

Over time they would come self sufficient as well.
There might be interest in a game V Man u
or Chelsea.

If the Welsh Ladies team qualified for a euros or world cup I would watch it.
But the Welsh league is boring as to me.
Not even the Cardiff game interests me in the Ladies game.

Gwalia are a fantastic charity aswell,
Help mentally ill homeless people.
Is there any affiliation there?

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Swansea Women on 20:13 - Mar 22 with 555 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea Women on 18:47 - Mar 22 by Whiterockin

Do you really think women playing in the English leagues and affiliated to men's teams get equal treatment. They certainly don't expect it, they are realistic in their aims and ambitions.

As for Wales only needing one professional women's team, that's only your opinion and not the medium term ambition of our club, that I can assure you.

Not equal treatment but perhaps you are not aware of the way the western world is developing. The US team captain demanded equal pay as the men and I think was successful. The Spanish women kick up a lot of bad publicity for their FA/ I suspect it was due to a bitterness as to their status.

Chelsea women are treated lavishly I would think and Arsenal and the other giant clubs. Swansea are not in that league.

I do not want to see a professional Swansea city Women team as this will dilute the focus of the club and require extra costs and resources. If they can get 5000 paying fans then that is different.

If the Swansea women are professional then they are due equal treatment irrespective of costs. The club has zero tolerance of discrimination of all kinds. They have said so often enough. It is a natural evolution.

Swansea Women on 20:18 - Mar 22 with 550 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea Women on 20:13 - Mar 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Not equal treatment but perhaps you are not aware of the way the western world is developing. The US team captain demanded equal pay as the men and I think was successful. The Spanish women kick up a lot of bad publicity for their FA/ I suspect it was due to a bitterness as to their status.

Chelsea women are treated lavishly I would think and Arsenal and the other giant clubs. Swansea are not in that league.

I do not want to see a professional Swansea city Women team as this will dilute the focus of the club and require extra costs and resources. If they can get 5000 paying fans then that is different.

If the Swansea women are professional then they are due equal treatment irrespective of costs. The club has zero tolerance of discrimination of all kinds. They have said so often enough. It is a natural evolution.

Clearly you are speculatiing without actual knowledge of the subject, it's not unusual.
Swansea Women on 20:30 - Mar 22 with 530 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea Women on 20:47 - Mar 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Read our Cardiff city women’s feature.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea Women on 22:47 - Mar 22 with 481 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea Women on 20:18 - Mar 22 by Whiterockin

Clearly you are speculatiing without actual knowledge of the subject, it's not unusual.

It is a forum. I speculate. I am expressing my concerns.

Women quit rightly will not allow themselves to be second class citizens. That is why I favour themselves being in stand alone clubs if they progress to professional status.

Swansea Women on 18:55 - Mar 24 with 356 viewsWhiterockin

Excellent win 2-3 away at Wrexham today in front of a crowd of over 2,000.
Swansea Women on 20:15 - Mar 24 with 290 viewspencoedjack

Swansea Women on 18:55 - Mar 24 by Whiterockin

Excellent win 2-3 away at Wrexham today in front of a crowd of over 2,000.

How many of those paid?
Swansea Women on 21:26 - Mar 24 with 260 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea Women on 20:15 - Mar 24 by pencoedjack

How many of those paid?

All I would say.
But it’s only £3 per adult and £1 per u16.
Still, a couple of thousand is a damn good crowd.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024