Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waspi 06:13 - Mar 21 with 2934 viewsWhiterockin

The new Labour government may have a giant black hole to fill from day one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68622764
Waspi on 07:45 - Mar 21 with 1127 viewsonehunglow

And introduced by a Labour government
For the many

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Waspi on 08:09 - Mar 21 with 1105 viewsDr_Winston

The only injustice in this entire situation is that men, many of whom did physically difficult and demanding jobs in comparison, were expected to work for five years longer in the first place.

Women had a good long run of being able to put their feet up five years earlier than men did. There's no way on Earth that they're the wronged party in this scenario.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Waspi on 08:45 - Mar 21 with 1085 viewsmajorraglan

Waspi on 08:09 - Mar 21 by Dr_Winston

The only injustice in this entire situation is that men, many of whom did physically difficult and demanding jobs in comparison, were expected to work for five years longer in the first place.

Women had a good long run of being able to put their feet up five years earlier than men did. There's no way on Earth that they're the wronged party in this scenario.

100%. Work for 5 years longer and have a lower life expectancy - completely unacceptable. The retirement ages should have been the same from the outset.

As I see it there are 2 issues, the first is to an extent based on government competence and the way the Ganges were implemented and the second is equality.
I can appreciate that the government changing the timeline and bringing things forward won’t have helped people prepare re financial planning etc which may have cased some people hardship, but the bottom line is people want equality and this is an example of it being implemented.

I’d have preferred the retirement age for men to have been reduced to 60, but that was never going to happen.
[Post edited 21 Mar 8:56]
Waspi on 09:09 - Mar 21 with 1063 viewsonehunglow

Waspi on 08:45 - Mar 21 by majorraglan

100%. Work for 5 years longer and have a lower life expectancy - completely unacceptable. The retirement ages should have been the same from the outset.

As I see it there are 2 issues, the first is to an extent based on government competence and the way the Ganges were implemented and the second is equality.
I can appreciate that the government changing the timeline and bringing things forward won’t have helped people prepare re financial planning etc which may have cased some people hardship, but the bottom line is people want equality and this is an example of it being implemented.

I’d have preferred the retirement age for men to have been reduced to 60, but that was never going to happen.

It’s hard to reply but …
For years women juggled two jobs bringing up kids when hubby went out and blew out his wages at the pub / bookies etc.
The same workers who did a job that paid less than men for doing the same job .
In most scenarios ,women held the family together and it’s still often the case .
As for putting their feet up,one of the most insulting phrase# I’ve re@ in many years on here .

Waspi on 14:28 - Mar 21 with 1002 viewsScotia

Waspi on 08:45 - Mar 21 by majorraglan

I agree. I think there's a stronger case for men to take to the ombudsman.

The introduction of a universal pension age was fair, the speeding up of it's introduction (by Cameron's coalition) may not have been.

Perhaps the Tory party should offer to pay any compensation out of donations from racists?
Waspi on 14:55 - Mar 21 with 994 viewsJumpingJackFlash

If it was really about equality, surely a compromise for everyone at, say 63 would have been implemented.

My wife falls into this category and didn’t receive a single item of correspondence from the DWP about it. Fortunately we keep up to date with current affairs and became aware of it early enough to do something about it. Even then, it required a very considerable increase in investments to get anywhere near the shortfall.
Waspi on 16:43 - Mar 21 with 962 viewsnantywatcher

The whole matter was a hideous injustice - how it sneaked through in the first place is beyond me. My sister who was head of learning at Oxford University had to work an extra three years more than she had planned. My partner has had to work for an extra two years and cannot wait for the retirement date to arrive. Just two highly intelligent women shafted by a dodgy piece of legislation. I hope all these women who have been so poorly treated get some sort of financial compensation, if it carries on at the same speed as the Post Office fiasco most of them will be dead and buried before they get their settlements.
Waspi on 17:15 - Mar 21 with 943 viewsonehunglow

Waspi on 16:43 - Mar 21 by nantywatcher

The whole matter was a hideous injustice - how it sneaked through in the first place is beyond me. My sister who was head of learning at Oxford University had to work an extra three years more than she had planned. My partner has had to work for an extra two years and cannot wait for the retirement date to arrive. Just two highly intelligent women shafted by a dodgy piece of legislation. I hope all these women who have been so poorly treated get some sort of financial compensation, if it carries on at the same speed as the Post Office fiasco most of them will be dead and buried before they get their settlements.

I’m amazed at sone male attitudes especially those thinking women over 60 put their feet up.
Many are free childcare facilities,taxi drivers and dog sitters not forgetting emergency care .

Login to get fewer ads

Waspi on 17:20 - Mar 21 with 930 viewsDr_Winston

Waspi on 16:43 - Mar 21 by nantywatcher

Equality.

Maybe every man who had to work an extra five years more should be asking for compensation due to the discriminatory practices involved in the first place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Waspi on 17:26 - Mar 21 with 918 viewsonehunglow

When you look at it,who is it that often brings up kids when the father forks off.
Women historically and economically have always been mullered .
Few women put their feet up.
Not your best shot

Waspi on 18:39 - Mar 21 with 897 viewsshingle

But the men did not have to give birth and bring up children and in a lot of cases then having to work as well, simply a case swings and roundabouts, woman planned for retirement and many payed there stamp in full then had there retirement taken from them with very little or no notice in many cases, so of course that is unfair you just sound like a bitter and jealous old man.
Waspi on 19:00 - Mar 21 with 873 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Many women who worked alongside men got paid less for the same effort.
Waspi on 20:11 - Mar 21 with 844 viewsonehunglow

Waspi on 18:39 - Mar 21 by shingle

But the men did not have to give birth and bring up children and in a lot of cases then having to work as well, simply a case swings and roundabouts, woman planned for retirement and many payed there stamp in full then had there retirement taken from them with very little or no notice in many cases, so of course that is unfair you just sound like a bitter and jealous old man.

No question about it that men cause most wars , do the most crime , make the worst parent
Just how many kids see a feckless jerk exit leaving mum to do the lot
Many men are incapable of running a home in the way a woman can
And that , when they honour work

They deserve better than they get but the world is run by men

Diversity my arrrse

Waspi on 09:22 - Mar 22 with 714 viewscontroversial_jack

Waspi on 20:11 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

No question about it that men cause most wars , do the most crime , make the worst parent
Just how many kids see a feckless jerk exit leaving mum to do the lot
Many men are incapable of running a home in the way a woman can
And that , when they honour work

They deserve better than they get but the world is run by men

Diversity my arrrse

Running a home isn't rocket science, neither is raising children. Men do by far the most dangerous and unpleasant jobs, work longer hours, do more overtime and and retire later and die earlier

There are more men in prisons, more men commit suicide, more die in wars and are more likely to be victims of violence

If you need you car fixed, house maintenance, the infrastructure repaired,farmers, miners and so on , it's going to be a man. Tell me again how women are so hard done by?
Waspi on 11:07 - Mar 22 with 707 viewsKilkennyjack

Waspi on 14:28 - Mar 21 by Scotia

I agree. I think there's a stronger case for men to take to the ombudsman.

The introduction of a universal pension age was fair, the speeding up of it's introduction (by Cameron's coalition) may not have been.

Perhaps the Tory party should offer to pay any compensation out of donations from racists?

Good point on the Tory money.

Beware of the Risen People

Waspi on 11:13 - Mar 22 with 701 viewsKilkennyjack

Waspi on 17:26 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

When you look at it,who is it that often brings up kids when the father forks off.
Women historically and economically have always been mullered .
Few women put their feet up.
Not your best shot

I agree OHL.

Women are the bedrock of our society.

Dont let the narrative be men vs women, rather the real narrative for most is working people vs the establishment.

Beware of the Risen People

Waspi on 11:48 - Mar 22 with 697 viewsGwyn737

Waspi on 09:22 - Mar 22 by controversial_jack

Running a home isn't rocket science, neither is raising children. Men do by far the most dangerous and unpleasant jobs, work longer hours, do more overtime and and retire later and die earlier

There are more men in prisons, more men commit suicide, more die in wars and are more likely to be victims of violence

If you need you car fixed, house maintenance, the infrastructure repaired,farmers, miners and so on , it's going to be a man. Tell me again how women are so hard done by?

Carers, cleaners, teaching assistants, nursery workers .

Vital yet poorly paid.

Tell me which of the demanding male jobs are so poorly remunirated?

Suicide? The number of attempts are similar by gender, it's just that males are more aggressive (link to the war side of it too).

Victims of violence? By whom? What the gender imbalance in domestic violence cases?
Waspi on 12:28 - Mar 22 with 650 viewscontroversial_jack

Waspi on 11:48 - Mar 22 by Gwyn737

Carers, cleaners, teaching assistants, nursery workers .

Vital yet poorly paid.

Tell me which of the demanding male jobs are so poorly remunirated?

Suicide? The number of attempts are similar by gender, it's just that males are more aggressive (link to the war side of it too).

Victims of violence? By whom? What the gender imbalance in domestic violence cases?

Valued jobs, yes, but not vital. Not compared to the ones i listed earlier. The jobs men get paid more for are paid more for a reason - why don't women enter those fields if they want to earn more?

I have no agenda, but this makes interesting reading

https://www.menandboyscoalition.org.uk/statistics/
Waspi on 12:37 - Mar 22 with 665 viewsWhiterockin

Waspi on 12:28 - Mar 22 by controversial_jack

Valued jobs, yes, but not vital. Not compared to the ones i listed earlier. The jobs men get paid more for are paid more for a reason - why don't women enter those fields if they want to earn more?

Not vital jobs, you have devalued your whole argument just there.

"why don't women enter those fields if they want to earn more?"

The whole point of this is historically women who are involved in this were not earning the same as men doing the same job. Times have changed but it was not the case in the early years for these workers. Even if women enter a profession that pays identical salary now there is often a glass ceiling.
Waspi on 12:49 - Mar 22 with 618 viewscontroversial_jack

Waspi on 12:37 - Mar 22 by Whiterockin

Not vital jobs, you have devalued your whole argument just there.

"why don't women enter those fields if they want to earn more?"

The whole point of this is historically women who are involved in this were not earning the same as men doing the same job. Times have changed but it was not the case in the early years for these workers. Even if women enter a profession that pays identical salary now there is often a glass ceiling.

I worked in the petrochemical industry most of my life. I worked shifts. Hardly any women applied for vacancies, and those that did, most did not stick it out for long.They got positions on days in the training dept or safety dept 9 to 5. They didn't work overtime when someone went sick or wanted time off.They didn't like being out on plant at 3 am in the rain opening valves, or isolating a pump or control valve.

Why do you think there's a glass ceiling? Many females get senior jobs in the medical profession or journalism etc. They all want to be CEOS, but don't want to do the bricklaying, roofing, bin collecting etc.
Waspi on 14:27 - Mar 22 with 613 viewsonehunglow

Waspi on 11:13 - Mar 22 by Kilkennyjack

I agree OHL.

Women are the bedrock of our society.

Dont let the narrative be men vs women, rather the real narrative for most is working people vs the establishment.

I just can’t read what Contro has posted and looking at the reaction from others it’s just as well.
We are seeing quite open misogeny from men who believe women should stay at home looking after the kids and be available for bedroom action when it suits .
Thinly veiled contempt towards women that shames this site. It is actually enough to see me walk away for good .
I’ve seen women “ putting their feet up” ,a phrase that has no bearing on reality and nobody had the guts to respond . Why? Because it’s Doctor Winston!
Now,we are back to pin money jobs,albeit ones that underpin our society and ones that men won’t do easily,like wiping arses of the young and then the old. But it’s women’s work innit.

Without doubt,working class areas were the worst for this shite and we have clearly not moved on at all.

Waspi on 14:37 - Mar 22 with 606 viewsonehunglow

Waspi on 17:20 - Mar 21 by Dr_Winston

Equality.

Maybe every man who had to work an extra five years more should be asking for compensation due to the discriminatory practices involved in the first place.

Maybe every women left to bring up children after partner walks out because the going gets tough should ponder why men,as a whole are so feckless .

Waspi on 14:38 - Mar 22 with 605 viewsonehunglow

Waspi on 18:39 - Mar 21 by shingle

It’s an appalling piece of filth posted with contempt and without shame .

Waspi on 14:45 - Mar 22 with 596 viewsonehunglow

Waspi on 09:22 - Mar 22 by controversial_jack

About the most cretinous post ever posted
Men start wars
Men are normally the ones to leave the home
Men the ones who go out to get ratarse when problems arise
Men the ines who go out with the boys to wet the baby s head whilst the woman has her genital stitched up after 24 hours of pain .
Women the ones who died during childbirth
Running the home

It shows how utterly stupid or worse you are if you think running a home is easy. Feeding,nursing,mentoring children,organising meals ,cleaning the home and mopping up the Shute from babies then being expected to perform sex ask the man fancies .
Chuck in financial planning and budget control and there you have it .

Easy.

You are in the sewer

Waspi on 17:09 - Mar 22 with 560 viewsGwyn737

Waspi on 12:28 - Mar 22 by controversial_jack

Not really.

It would be quite simple to produce stats where women come out significantly poorer of.

There’s a big section in there on education where females outstrip males across the board - I wonder why this doesn’t translate into quality paid employment?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024