Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Sareso 20:16 - Mar 24 with 1164 viewsraynor94

Murdered in Llanelli, I followed the case in Swansea Crown Court.

He was stabbed in the neck to the hilt of a knife, and whilst bleeding to death he was taunted by the perpetrator.

After listening to the evidence the jury reached a majority verdict of murder on the overwhelming evidence.

It was 10 to 2 what on earth were the 2 doing listening to the case, I wonder how they felt when it was revealed the perpetrator had 36 previous convictions for violent behaviour

You really do despair these days when you see some of the verdicts that juries reach.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ashley Sareso on 20:53 - Mar 24 with 1122 viewsWingstandwood

He's a stereotypical murderer characterisation of type that we read about way too often nowadays.

Druggie (mentioned in court!) cannabis user with a long criminal record who ends killing in a most gratuitous and senseless way, whilst then being prepared to lie to deceive a jury.

An obvious guilty verdict. And people with these long rap sheets have 99.9% of the time committed vastly more crimes than what they have been caught for.

QUOTE: "The court hears Smith has previous convictions for 32 offences including theft, burglary, battery, assault occasioning actual bodily harm - and offence which saw him throttling a previous partner - and attempted robbery when he threatened a lone woman with a machete as he tried to steal her phone."

Argus!

Ashley Sareso on 21:13 - Mar 24 with 1090 viewsmajorraglan

Ashley Sareso on 20:53 - Mar 24 by Wingstandwood

He's a stereotypical murderer characterisation of type that we read about way too often nowadays.

Druggie (mentioned in court!) cannabis user with a long criminal record who ends killing in a most gratuitous and senseless way, whilst then being prepared to lie to deceive a jury.

An obvious guilty verdict. And people with these long rap sheets have 99.9% of the time committed vastly more crimes than what they have been caught for.

QUOTE: "The court hears Smith has previous convictions for 32 offences including theft, burglary, battery, assault occasioning actual bodily harm - and offence which saw him throttling a previous partner - and attempted robbery when he threatened a lone woman with a machete as he tried to steal her phone."

In many cases, victims will just accept being victims and won’t want to get involved with the police and criminal justice system. I’d say it’s a banker this guy has committed far more crimes than he’s been investigated for and convicted of. Guy sounds like a scumbag.
[Post edited 25 Mar 22:06]
Ashley Sareso on 08:36 - Mar 25 with 993 viewsBoundy

Ashley Sareso on 21:13 - Mar 24 by majorraglan

In many cases, victims will just accept being victims and won’t want to get involved with the police and criminal justice system. I’d say it’s a banker this guy has committed far more crimes than he’s been investigated for and convicted of. Guy sounds like a scumbag.
[Post edited 25 Mar 22:06]

He sounds like as many like him are scum bags so why waste money detaining them ,when irrefutable proof shows their guilty then the noose or any other method would bring some sort of closure to the victims families.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ashley Sareso on 13:10 - Mar 25 with 929 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The two on the jury are probably a bit like a few people on here who ignore all the clear logical evidence whacking them in the face and cobble together an absurd alternate theory just for the sake of being different.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:11 - Mar 25 with 929 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Ashley Sareso on 13:33 - Mar 25 with 915 viewsraynor94

Ashley Sareso on 13:10 - Mar 25 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The two on the jury are probably a bit like a few people on here who ignore all the clear logical evidence whacking them in the face and cobble together an absurd alternate theory just for the sake of being different.

Couldn't agree more, I had 2 with me when I did jury service.

Again despite overwhelming evidence they would not change their verdict, and then sat shaking their heads when the rap sheet was read out after the person was found guilty.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ashley Sareso on 13:54 - Mar 25 with 887 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Ashley Sareso on 20:53 - Mar 24 by Wingstandwood

Everyone deserves a 33rd chance.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Ashley Sareso on 14:06 - Mar 25 with 872 viewsWingstandwood

Ashley Sareso on 13:54 - Mar 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

Everyone deserves a 33rd chance.

One man crimewaves sure do struggle to get out of the habitual groove, which always seem to be far deeper than the one's found on a 12 inch vinyl LP's!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Sareso on 09:13 - Mar 26 with 727 viewsonehunglow

Ashley Sareso on 13:33 - Mar 25 by raynor94

Couldn't agree more, I had 2 with me when I did jury service.

Again despite overwhelming evidence they would not change their verdict, and then sat shaking their heads when the rap sheet was read out after the person was found guilty.

Have an up arrow

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ashley Sareso on 10:02 - Mar 26 with 695 viewsWhiterockin

Some people are just scum, lock them up and throw away the key.
Ashley Sareso on 12:49 - Mar 26 with 647 viewsJumpingJackFlash

There was a bloke when I did jury service who refused to vote guilty because he couldn't have it on his conscience to send someone to jail.

We debated with him for hours and eventually reported him to the clerk of the court and he was removed from the jury and his jury service ended immediately.

The other 11 of us would have reached a unanimous verdict about 4 hours earlier. Madness.
Ashley Sareso on 20:44 - Mar 26 with 584 viewsonehunglow

Ashley Sareso on 12:49 - Mar 26 by JumpingJackFlash

There was a bloke when I did jury service who refused to vote guilty because he couldn't have it on his conscience to send someone to jail.

We debated with him for hours and eventually reported him to the clerk of the court and he was removed from the jury and his jury service ended immediately.

The other 11 of us would have reached a unanimous verdict about 4 hours earlier. Madness.

Blokes like him sees evilfookers let loose again to cause mayhem
They are beneath contempt

Ashley Sareso on 21:50 - Mar 26 with 554 viewsWingstandwood

Ashley Sareso on 12:49 - Mar 26 by JumpingJackFlash

The guy you mention reminds me very much of some innocence fraud campaigner cranks from universities and some even have Doctor and Professor titles.

The types of whom despite overwhelming and damning evidence that was sequential, synergetic, multi-witness corroborative and multi-faceted along with murderers lies and reputation for appalling frenzied violence? Still choose to ignore the bleeding-bloody obvious along with victims family guilty verdict satisfaction, unanimous jury verdicts and failed CCRC appeals.

The type(s) who prefer lies, irrelevant anomalies and their own warped imagination to justice and reality itself. And when they get it wrong? They crawl under a stone without any apology, remorse, self-appraisal, contrition or empathy for victims and their family members!

Prime example the five star clown who claimed a mass murderer was innocent, because blood of one of the victims was not on the murder weapon, in his mind that meant that she had been killed first, and if so it meant the timeline beforehand would have made it impossible for the murderer to have committed the killings.

The arseh*le was either too thick or warped to realise that the murder weapon had either been wiped or washed after the murders to remove fingerprints by the 'forensically aware' career criminal responsible and had transference of some (not all) of the victims blood from area's from which it had been placed and touched post murders.

This is the calibre of nut-job we are talking about here!!!!

Argus!

Ashley Sareso on 23:03 - Mar 26 with 501 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Ashley Sareso on 21:50 - Mar 26 by Wingstandwood

The guy you mention reminds me very much of some innocence fraud campaigner cranks from universities and some even have Doctor and Professor titles.

The types of whom despite overwhelming and damning evidence that was sequential, synergetic, multi-witness corroborative and multi-faceted along with murderers lies and reputation for appalling frenzied violence? Still choose to ignore the bleeding-bloody obvious along with victims family guilty verdict satisfaction, unanimous jury verdicts and failed CCRC appeals.

The type(s) who prefer lies, irrelevant anomalies and their own warped imagination to justice and reality itself. And when they get it wrong? They crawl under a stone without any apology, remorse, self-appraisal, contrition or empathy for victims and their family members!

Prime example the five star clown who claimed a mass murderer was innocent, because blood of one of the victims was not on the murder weapon, in his mind that meant that she had been killed first, and if so it meant the timeline beforehand would have made it impossible for the murderer to have committed the killings.

The arseh*le was either too thick or warped to realise that the murder weapon had either been wiped or washed after the murders to remove fingerprints by the 'forensically aware' career criminal responsible and had transference of some (not all) of the victims blood from area's from which it had been placed and touched post murders.

The problem with him was that he thought the defendant was guilty but his conscience wouldn’t allow him to vote to send him to jail.

He should have written to the court when he was called for jury service and said so. We pointed out repeatedly that we weren’t sending anyone to jail, that was the judge’s job. We also pointed out that he would be free to continue to offend if we all thought like him. We were just deciding whether he was guilty or not guilty. It was a sexual assault case and after we delivered our verdict we were told that it was his fourth offence for the same thing.
Ashley Sareso on 23:12 - Mar 26 with 485 viewsWingstandwood

Ashley Sareso on 23:03 - Mar 26 by JumpingJackFlash

The problem with him was that he thought the defendant was guilty but his conscience wouldn’t allow him to vote to send him to jail.

He should have written to the court when he was called for jury service and said so. We pointed out repeatedly that we weren’t sending anyone to jail, that was the judge’s job. We also pointed out that he would be free to continue to offend if we all thought like him. We were just deciding whether he was guilty or not guilty. It was a sexual assault case and after we delivered our verdict we were told that it was his fourth offence for the same thing.

Holy sh1t I never realised that he actually thought he was guilty, that makes it vastly worse!

Like university innocence fraud campaigner's, there are some absolute prize nut-jobs lurking within society! And yes indeed the very last types that should ever be on a jury!

Argus!

Ashley Sareso on 23:33 - Mar 26 with 475 viewsonehunglow

Ashley Sareso on 21:50 - Mar 26 by Wingstandwood

Some are born evil
Clever you are ,the less likely to accept that

Ashley Sareso on 12:04 - Mar 27 with 372 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Something I would say about reading about a case and coming to conclusions about it.

One case that I was a juror on was reported in the Evening Post and briefly by the BBC and when I read those reports I barely recognised the case. They only report the “sexy” bits and slant their reports whilst sitting and listening to hours of evidence and counter argument sometimes gives a completely different perspective on the matter.

It may account for at least some of the verdicts that appear perverse to those who didn’t hear every word.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024