Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? 18:26 - Apr 6 with 2186 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ipswich struggled for seasons in the Championship and only really changed their trajectory after a rebuild in the league 1. They may, now, after "clearing the decks" get directly promoted to the PL over the parachute teams.

Moore, Broadhead, Lief Davis, Wes Burns, Morsey, Al Hammadi, Harness, Chaplin were all within SCFCs budget.

I am convinced there is a smell of decay amongst the first team squad that a strong manager would have stamped on. "We beat Cardiff" and apart from that 1 point out of four of the notionally easier games. Too many 'going through the motions' performances with 1 or 2 goal defeats seemingly satisfactory. The Martin mantra was dominate possession tire out the opposition then capitalise on their tiredness. It rarely worked.

The captain Grimes recently stated that the club is making 'good strides' and 'the signs are better times are ahead'. The players have been saying this for three years now.

I expect more from Cooper and Cullen. They are flat lining and are not going to get better. There are better players out there. The team need to economise on number and get one or two quality players with something to prove.

No more "sick notes" and lightweight players like Yates who cannot head the ball. Gyorkeres Whittaker, Kukarevych, Fletcher, Al Hammadi all rejected and seen as worse than Cullen. Something is badly wrong with the "culture" of the club.

Swansea is a nice lucrative home for boring 'ordinary joes' who will not take risks. Grimes Fulton, Cooper, Cullen, Yates Pedersen, Walsh. "0-1 that will do nicely. we are making progress" .

Drinking zambucas on Wind Street is only OK if your perform afterwards. If you lose the next three or four horrible blokes like me will ask questions about why the management allowed it.
[Post edited 6 Apr 18:30]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 15:27 - Apr 8 with 567 viewsonehunglow

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 15:24 - Apr 8 by Whiterockin

Two goals in the last 10 games. We will have to wait and see if he single handedly keeps them up.

But…
Frankly, I’m more bothered about our plight

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 16:42 - Apr 8 with 521 viewsbennytheblue

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 12:12 - Apr 7 by SullutaCreturned

If relegation rid us of these owners and these pathetic players then maybe it'd be worth it.

Yeah something I’ve been hoping for for years too…..both clubs need new owners to move forward.
Rumours abound that Tan has agreed to sell up to some group….who knows
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 17:16 - Apr 8 with 483 viewsKeithHaynes

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 16:42 - Apr 8 by bennytheblue

Yeah something I’ve been hoping for for years too…..both clubs need new owners to move forward.
Rumours abound that Tan has agreed to sell up to some group….who knows

Hedge funds are popular.

Especially when they coherse people to walk in to a club without a minutes experience of running a football club and others believe they are actually in charge. Intelligent people (or those that perceive themselves as intelligent due to a silver spoon or from business) are queuing up to insert their digits in to the arse end of lots of clubs.

And as long as people believe the plant, the real owners will continue to rub their hands.

That’s why sometimes at Swansea City it takes the supporters extra time to tune in to what’s going on. And that’s why we nearly went down the pan properly 24 years ago.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:00 - Apr 8 with 448 viewsvetchonian

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 19:14 - Apr 6 by KeithHaynes

I’ve had a few chats with people of late who are more than happy for this shit show to absolutely fall apart and we start up again in step 7 or 8 as an AFC. Trust me, this club will never die. We’ve been here before, And personally I’ve done the hard miles.

that would be a disaster....we couldn't get that to work
where would we play?
Realistically we would be.lucky to get more than 3 to 4 thousand watching us imagine that at the .com
Who will put up the monies
?
Things are totally different to that of 24 years ago.
Interestingly Mel Nurse offered to buy the club before Petty got involved but Mike Lewis refused to sell it to him.
I'm not sure Martin Morgan would be willing to be the saviour in that event knowing now waht he does about football clubs.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:07 - Apr 8 with 438 viewsWhiterockin

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:00 - Apr 8 by vetchonian

where would we play?
Realistically we would be.lucky to get more than 3 to 4 thousand watching us imagine that at the .com
?
Interestingly Mel Nurse offered to buy the club before Petty got involved but Mike Lewis refused to sell it to him.
I'm not sure Martin Morgan would be willing to be the saviour in that event knowing now waht he does about football clubs.

Don't be surprised if we did go down with MM and CM picking us up on the cheap.
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:09 - Apr 8 with 427 viewsshingle

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 15:24 - Apr 8 by Whiterockin

Two goals in the last 10 games. We will have to wait and see if he single handedly keeps them up.

May win more games, may and i mean may be in the mix for a promotion place, some fans may get to meet Ryan Reynolds, so those reasons may appeal to many fans rather than have a relegation battle or at least constantly looking over our shoulders whilst languishing around the same area as we are now, there certainly will not be any improvement in us as a footballing team either way that is for sure as we need a massive clear out of most of those who currently run the club for that to happen including the jobs for the boys lot we have lurking around.
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:34 - Apr 8 with 382 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Be careful what you wish for. Ipswich ran up debts of nearly £120 million in their fall to League one. The previous owner agreed to write off £91 million of debts when he sold the club to new owners in 2022.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 19:21 - Apr 8 with 331 viewsbennytheblue

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:34 - Apr 8 by felixstowe_jack

Be careful what you wish for. Ipswich ran up debts of nearly £120 million in their fall to League one. The previous owner agreed to write off £91 million of debts when he sold the club to new owners in 2022.

Sounds like that gave them a decent boost starting out debt free almost…..look where it’s got them? I can think of a useless owner who could do with writing off a 100 million HE has spunked.
Login to get fewer ads

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 19:57 - Apr 8 with 297 viewsKeithHaynes

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:00 - Apr 8 by vetchonian

where would we play?
?

If it all goes wrong, it will happen.

Let’s look at the history of Newport County. With a will and a big heart anything can be achieved in life.

Nobody wants it but it can be done, especially with those who would be involved.

As for Mel Nurse, he did his bit but nowhere near to that of the ones who took it on. Mel just liked the 50k car park. Can’t blame him. Very nice bloke.

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 20:12 - Apr 8 with 280 viewsvetchonian

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 19:57 - Apr 8 by KeithHaynes

If it all goes wrong, it will happen.

Let’s look at the history of Newport County. With a will and a big heart anything can be achieved in life.

Nobody wants it but it can be done, especially with those who would be involved.

As for Mel Nurse, he did his bit but nowhere near to that of the ones who took it on. Mel just liked the 50k car park. Can’t blame him. Very nice bloke.

I think the comparison to the Newport situation is different given where they were then and where we are.
can you imagine playing games in the Southern league at the.com
I agree the club will never die but things are lot different now to the Petty time and Newports rise

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 20:20 - Apr 8 with 257 viewsKeithHaynes

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 20:12 - Apr 8 by vetchonian

I think the comparison to the Newport situation is different given where they were then and where we are.
can you imagine playing games in the Southern league at the.com
I agree the club will never die but things are lot different now to the Petty time and Newports rise

As long as we agree the club will never die, that’s all that matters.

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 20:41 - Apr 8 with 215 viewsswancity

Beware of complacency especially when your football club is in the wrong hands as ours is. We know who is to blame for that. Say no more.

Look at Darlington FC. They moved into their new all seater stadium around 20 years ago from Feethams. They were soon relegated and again and now play in the National league North at another ground, they had 1700 there last week.

We are not immune. It could happen. We desperately need to see new ownership, local football people that are passionate and with ambition and money but are they around? Possibly not. Not at the moment anyway.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 21:37 - Apr 8 with 178 viewsReslovenSwan1

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 20:41 - Apr 8 by swancity

Beware of complacency especially when your football club is in the wrong hands as ours is. We know who is to blame for that. Say no more.

Look at Darlington FC. They moved into their new all seater stadium around 20 years ago from Feethams. They were soon relegated and again and now play in the National league North at another ground, they had 1700 there last week.

We are not immune. It could happen. We desperately need to see new ownership, local football people that are passionate and with ambition and money but are they around? Possibly not. Not at the moment anyway.

Local business people will be very wary of Swansea fans after the out of court settlement. if I was a buyer I would not countenance a supporters trust ownership. Ryan Reynolds and the Yank did not.

The current ownership left things as they were when they arrived and were unlucky to get relegated after a terrible transfer window and key injuries. Since then they have made good appointments lie Potter, Birch Cooper etc.

They have now put in some money and their own man to keep and eye on things. They have not sold Swansea down the river and the chairman lives in the city and desperately wants to succeed. He has put money into the club via the LLC. The fans owners not a dime out of the £500k their received.

Recruitment has not been so bad. Good players were handed over to the mangers and not developed wg ho moved them on. Managers are thinking short term exactly the reverse of the "Swansea way" . Gyorkes (huge potential in 18 months time) was no use to Cooper who was already thinking of leaving.

Watson is a key man. The two winger look decent signings. Recruitment a long time bug bear has been addressed with 6 scouts appointed with greater geographic reach beyond Falkirk and Exeter.

The US people are giving it a go. A slow bad start but hope for the future and at least four academy players good enough to step up to add much required energy and commitment.

CSFC can benefit from close links with DC United. Fletcher was a revelation. I hope he came back. I would like to see raw prospects given a run out over there over their summer season especially if injured and short of game time .

There is no need for new ownership. The LLC can find new investors and have proven that. Swansea fans need a new more positive outlook.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024