Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You couldn’t make it up ! 14:32 - Apr 22 with 3748 viewssw02sea

Cardiff 'claiming £104m in compensation from Nantes' over Sala
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13336207/Cardiff-compensation
You couldn’t make it up ! on 15:02 - Apr 22 with 2184 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

They really are the lowest of the low.

According to this “analytics company” they’ve paid to strengthen their case they still only had a 54% chance of staying up. £100 million on a coin toss. I’d be claiming my money back from this analytics company too.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

You couldn’t make it up ! on 15:46 - Apr 22 with 2119 viewsunion_jack

If this was Swansea City, as a supporter I’d be incredibly embarrassed.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

You couldn’t make it up ! on 17:51 - Apr 22 with 2002 viewspencoedjack

You couldn’t make it up ! on 15:46 - Apr 22 by union_jack

If this was Swansea City, as a supporter I’d be incredibly embarrassed.

I agree.

Obviously ‘the he wasn’t our player’ route failed.
You couldn’t make it up ! on 17:59 - Apr 22 with 1991 viewsSullutaCreturned

You couldn’t make it up ! on 17:51 - Apr 22 by pencoedjack

I agree.

That will surely be part of Nantes case, that Cardiff tried so hard to claim Sala wasn't their player and ever since they've been grasping at straws.

Nantes didn't arrange the travel for Sala to come back to Wales so how can they be responsible. Then to try and put a percentage on their chnaces of staying up and at 54% that is very unceratin. There is no way of knowing if Sala would have been good, or a flop!

The Swans spent over 15 million on Borja baston and what happened next?
You couldn’t make it up ! on 18:24 - Apr 22 with 1962 viewsKeithHaynes

You couldn’t make it up ! on 17:51 - Apr 22 by pencoedjack

I agree.

So he IS their player this week ? 😂

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

You couldn’t make it up ! on 19:55 - Apr 22 with 1868 viewsWhiterockin

You couldn’t make it up ! on 18:24 - Apr 22 by KeithHaynes

All depends what straw they are clutching. It really is embarrassing.
You couldn’t make it up ! on 21:43 - Apr 22 with 1763 viewsBoundy

Stay classy ( as if ) Cardiff

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

You couldn’t make it up ! on 22:22 - Apr 22 with 1727 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

You couldn’t make it up ! on 18:24 - Apr 22 by KeithHaynes

Exactly. They couldn’t disown the lad quick enough when it looked like they had to fork out.

“Once a bluebird, always a bluebird. Although he wasn’t a bluebird because the paperwork hadn’t gone through or something so he was never a bluebird. Honest guv.”

It’s absolutely shameless behaviour.

Login to get fewer ads

You couldn’t make it up ! on 23:17 - Apr 22 with 1677 viewsGixerJack

You couldn’t make it up ! on 22:22 - Apr 22 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Exactly. They couldn’t disown the lad quick enough when it looked like they had to fork out.

“Once a bluebird, always a bluebird. Although he wasn’t a bluebird because the paperwork hadn’t gone through or something so he was never a bluebird. Honest guv.”

It’s absolutely shameless behaviour.

You left out the bit about him being a bluebird coz the might get a couple of quid for it….
You couldn’t make it up ! on 23:31 - Apr 22 with 1655 viewsReslovenSwan1

You couldn’t make it up ! on 17:59 - Apr 22 by SullutaCreturned

That will surely be part of Nantes case, that Cardiff tried so hard to claim Sala wasn't their player and ever since they've been grasping at straws.

Nantes didn't arrange the travel for Sala to come back to Wales so how can they be responsible. Then to try and put a percentage on their chnaces of staying up and at 54% that is very unceratin. There is no way of knowing if Sala would have been good, or a flop!

The Swans spent over 15 million on Borja baston and what happened next?

Cardiff will argue that somebody at the club invited him back for a leaving party they had arranged and the agent working for Nantes organised the flight as he did for earlier flights from the same firm in the development of the deal.

Nantes will be advised during the case if they should make a proposal to Cardiff to settle out of court. I believe Nantes have not behaved honourably at all.

Wise sage since Toshack era

You couldn’t make it up ! on 00:15 - Apr 23 with 1644 viewsRhonddaSwans

The term the scum.
Has gone to a different level.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

You couldn’t make it up ! on 06:34 - Apr 23 with 1590 viewsPawelAbbott

Sala would have signed at the end of the transfer window, that only left him with 13 games to play in. Of those 13 games Cardiff won 5. So they can only claim additional points for the other 8. They finished 2 points behind Brighton with a -13 goal difference in comparison, so they needed 3 points realistically.
They lost 5-1 to Watford, so can't claim anything
3-0 to Everton so can't really claim they'd get anything
2-0 to Wolves, 1 point but doubtful
2-1 to Chelsea who finished 3rd, so nothing plausible
2-0 to Man city, so no points plausible
2-0 to Burnley, potentially a point
2-0 to Liverpool, no points likely
1-0 away to fulham who finished below them
3-2 home against Palace who finished 12th

There are at best a couple of games where they could have got a point, Fulham, Palace and Burnley. Otherwise the other games Pele in his prime wouldn't have made any difference.
You couldn’t make it up ! on 07:54 - Apr 23 with 1540 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

You couldn’t make it up ! on 06:34 - Apr 23 by PawelAbbott

Sala would have signed at the end of the transfer window, that only left him with 13 games to play in. Of those 13 games Cardiff won 5. So they can only claim additional points for the other 8. They finished 2 points behind Brighton with a -13 goal difference in comparison, so they needed 3 points realistically.
They lost 5-1 to Watford, so can't claim anything
3-0 to Everton so can't really claim they'd get anything
2-0 to Wolves, 1 point but doubtful
2-1 to Chelsea who finished 3rd, so nothing plausible
2-0 to Man city, so no points plausible
2-0 to Burnley, potentially a point
2-0 to Liverpool, no points likely
1-0 away to fulham who finished below them
3-2 home against Palace who finished 12th

There are at best a couple of games where they could have got a point, Fulham, Palace and Burnley. Otherwise the other games Pele in his prime wouldn't have made any difference.

Should have bought some defenders instead really.

You couldn’t make it up ! on 08:25 - Apr 23 with 1519 viewsPawelAbbott

You couldn’t make it up ! on 07:54 - Apr 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Should have bought some defenders instead really.

They picked up 15 points from the last 13 games. If they had held that form all season they would have finished mid table
You couldn’t make it up ! on 10:07 - Apr 23 with 1447 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

You couldn’t make it up ! on 08:25 - Apr 23 by PawelAbbott

They picked up 15 points from the last 13 games. If they had held that form all season they would have finished mid table

Going well into the realms of chaos theory and the butterfly effect here but it could potentially be the case that if they had bought Sala he would have played instead of one of the players who might have scored in some of those wins turning them into losses. Literally anything could have happened which is why this case is so frivolous.

You couldn’t make it up ! on 10:51 - Apr 23 with 1409 viewsunion_jack

You couldn’t make it up ! on 10:07 - Apr 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Going well into the realms of chaos theory and the butterfly effect here but it could potentially be the case that if they had bought Sala he would have played instead of one of the players who might have scored in some of those wins turning them into losses. Literally anything could have happened which is why this case is so frivolous.

Indeed, speculation is not proof!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

You couldn’t make it up ! on 11:57 - Apr 23 with 1347 viewsReslovenSwan1

I hope Nantes come to a settlement and close the matter. They have pocketed £15m and profited for a deal they have behaved shamefully.

'The Doc' my predecessor POTY 2022 stated this matter was over a year ago. He was so wrong.

I see no need to be partisan over this tragic matter. In matters like this good people should come together and come to a reasonable agreement.

It about appraising matter impartially. I can do this, most cannot. I would do my job without bias if I was in the VAR box like the ref in the Forest controversy. I do not search popularity or approval. Kindly etc

You couldn’t make it up ! on 13:08 - Apr 23 with 1284 viewsPawelAbbott

You couldn’t make it up ! on 10:07 - Apr 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

They performed better at the end of the season than the rest of it. It would seem unlikely that they could have improved further that season given the previous 26 matches performance.
It's almost impossible to prove that they would given their results.
If they had drawn a few, then there is a remote argument for turning a draw to a win. But the best that they are hoping for is either a 2 goal change due to 1 player, or pulling off 3 draws from the games that they lost by 1 goal.
It seems like a massive waste of legal fees and time
You couldn’t make it up ! on 13:27 - Apr 23 with 1243 viewsbuilthjack

The Doc. I had forgotten about him. Is he back as Roathie on Cardiff site now pretending to be a Scummer?
Poor sod had major problems.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

You couldn’t make it up ! on 14:51 - Apr 23 with 1165 viewsKeithHaynes

You couldn’t make it up ! on 13:27 - Apr 23 by builthjack

The Doc. I had forgotten about him. Is he back as Roathie on Cardiff site now pretending to be a Scummer?
Poor sod had major problems.

Went about the same time as Andy Cole.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

You couldn’t make it up ! on 15:03 - Apr 23 with 1149 viewsWhiterockin

You couldn’t make it up ! on 14:51 - Apr 23 by KeithHaynes

Went about the same time as Andy Cole.

They had very similar opinions.
You couldn’t make it up ! on 19:09 - Apr 23 with 998 viewsSullutaCreturned

You couldn’t make it up ! on 23:31 - Apr 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Cardiff will argue that somebody at the club invited him back for a leaving party they had arranged and the agent working for Nantes organised the flight as he did for earlier flights from the same firm in the development of the deal.

Nantes will be advised during the case if they should make a proposal to Cardiff to settle out of court. I believe Nantes have not behaved honourably at all.

And so proving the thread title wrong.

How have nantes behaved shamefully? Is it shameful to sell a player and expect to be paid?

Cardiff acted shamefully in trying to deny Sala was their player after he died. Now they demand he would have kept them up....utterly and entirely shameful.

Do you believe Cardiff behaved honourably? I would hope not BUT?
You couldn’t make it up ! on 19:51 - Apr 23 with 970 viewsReslovenSwan1

You couldn’t make it up ! on 19:09 - Apr 23 by SullutaCreturned

And so proving the thread title wrong.

How have nantes behaved shamefully? Is it shameful to sell a player and expect to be paid?

Cardiff acted shamefully in trying to deny Sala was their player after he died. Now they demand he would have kept them up....utterly and entirely shameful.

Do you believe Cardiff behaved honourably? I would hope not BUT?

The player died in an accident after being invited by someone from Nantes FC to a leaving party using transport made available to him by the agent who worked for Nantes. Nantes made a reported £15m and the agent was due a reported £1.5m. Nantes's agent put him in an unfit plane using an unfit pilot a organized by a company who's director was sent to jail for his failings. Local rivalries are clouding your judgement. With Nantes potentially going bankrupt the club might be wise to agree an out of court settlement. This should have done this years ago..

It may be distasteful but this is how the law in developed countries work.

Cardiff did nothing wrong in determining whether the player was legally their player or not. He was. They will have to accept the findings of this case as well.

Nantes and their agents are culpable as are Cardiff city in my opinion . At the present Cardiff are picking up all the tabs for an event they had no direct involvement in.

You couldn’t make it up ! on 17:53 - Apr 24 with 750 viewsSullutaCreturned

You couldn’t make it up ! on 19:51 - Apr 23 by ReslovenSwan1

The player died in an accident after being invited by someone from Nantes FC to a leaving party using transport made available to him by the agent who worked for Nantes. Nantes made a reported £15m and the agent was due a reported £1.5m. Nantes's agent put him in an unfit plane using an unfit pilot a organized by a company who's director was sent to jail for his failings. Local rivalries are clouding your judgement. With Nantes potentially going bankrupt the club might be wise to agree an out of court settlement. This should have done this years ago..

It may be distasteful but this is how the law in developed countries work.

Cardiff did nothing wrong in determining whether the player was legally their player or not. He was. They will have to accept the findings of this case as well.

Nantes and their agents are culpable as are Cardiff city in my opinion . At the present Cardiff are picking up all the tabs for an event they had no direct involvement in.

Well it's the first I've heard of this leaving party. Where was this reported?

It's not distasteful, it's silly. We shall see if Cardiff have case but in saying nantes should settle, what if cardiff don't have a case? And what do nantes settle, they are owed 15 million but Cardiff want over 100 million. Nantes would have to pay them around 45 million to be halfway and they'd be 60 million out of pocket. What you suggest, from a nantes point of view (and especially if there's no case) is very silly. If nantes are in financial trouble, how can they settle anyway?

Cardiff's only tab would have been the 15 million they owed Nantes for the player they bought, any ther expenses are purely because of Vincent Tan's sheer bloody mindedness.

And if Cardiff lose this case and they incur court costs, what doe it do to Cardiff for next season, another season of losing money may put them in the way of spending rules and a possible points deduction.

The idea that a stats agency can say they had a 54% chance of staying up when there are so many things that cannot be factored in, Sala's effect on the team, injuries, suspensions, Sala's form. it s impossible to predict what may have happened, even more so because hed never played in England and it can take a while for players to adjust to the EPL.

As for Cardiff did nothing wrong, the tried very hard to avoid paying the fee, they tried to screw nantes over. It says a lot about you that you say what you have.
You couldn’t make it up ! on 18:01 - Apr 24 with 726 viewsWhiterockin

You couldn’t make it up ! on 17:53 - Apr 24 by SullutaCreturned

Well it's the first I've heard of this leaving party. Where was this reported?

It's not distasteful, it's silly. We shall see if Cardiff have case but in saying nantes should settle, what if cardiff don't have a case? And what do nantes settle, they are owed 15 million but Cardiff want over 100 million. Nantes would have to pay them around 45 million to be halfway and they'd be 60 million out of pocket. What you suggest, from a nantes point of view (and especially if there's no case) is very silly. If nantes are in financial trouble, how can they settle anyway?

Cardiff's only tab would have been the 15 million they owed Nantes for the player they bought, any ther expenses are purely because of Vincent Tan's sheer bloody mindedness.

And if Cardiff lose this case and they incur court costs, what doe it do to Cardiff for next season, another season of losing money may put them in the way of spending rules and a possible points deduction.

The idea that a stats agency can say they had a 54% chance of staying up when there are so many things that cannot be factored in, Sala's effect on the team, injuries, suspensions, Sala's form. it s impossible to predict what may have happened, even more so because hed never played in England and it can take a while for players to adjust to the EPL.

As for Cardiff did nothing wrong, the tried very hard to avoid paying the fee, they tried to screw nantes over. It says a lot about you that you say what you have.

Seems they were not keen on looking after their prize asset. Counter claim for no duty of care?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60561959.amp
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024