Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option 17:15 - Apr 25 with 2531 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option 25th Apr 2024 17:14
Liam Cullen has had his request for a new contract dismissed by Swansea City after discussions broke down last week. The lowest paid ‘senior’ player at the club ( he is twenty five) asked for a better contract increasing his £3,500 a week to around £7,000 a week over three years. 0

How do you feel ?
Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 23:58 - Apr 25 with 811 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 23:55 - Apr 25 by ReslovenSwan1

If you think it Levien then by implication you are calling Coleman "a purveyor on non truths". he said he called the shots in the forum. It is the US way of doing things as I understand it. I believe him.

There is no point in him being here if Levien has to make decisions as minor as this.

Whatever you want to believe.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 09:08 - Apr 26 with 707 viewsshandyjack

Not bothered either way if he goes or stays. He's not that good and at 25 he needs to do whats right for him also. If we want to progress we need to be getting better than him in the door

Poll: Expectation for the season

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 11:00 - Apr 26 with 663 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 23:55 - Apr 25 by ReslovenSwan1

If you think it Levien then by implication you are calling Coleman "a purveyor on non truths". he said he called the shots in the forum. It is the US way of doing things as I understand it. I believe him.

There is no point in him being here if Levien has to make decisions as minor as this.

Oh yes, Coleman definitely calls the shots. After Levein has told him what the shots are.

Coleman is a businessman, he knows next to nothing about football. He's good at the talking, good at being verbose but not much good at actual football decisions. Levein wasn't either mind, still isn't.

Our club is, in my opinion, being run by dumb and dumber. Neither has a clue about English football and won't put anybody in charge who does.
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 12:54 - Apr 26 with 613 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 11:00 - Apr 26 by SullutaCreturned

Oh yes, Coleman definitely calls the shots. After Levein has told him what the shots are.

Coleman is a businessman, he knows next to nothing about football. He's good at the talking, good at being verbose but not much good at actual football decisions. Levein wasn't either mind, still isn't.

Our club is, in my opinion, being run by dumb and dumber. Neither has a clue about English football and won't put anybody in charge who does.

He is smart he lives in Swansea and can learn and learn fast. He believes in himself and probably is a grafter. He is prepared to face down the fans and the stone cold losers that think the fans could do better. It's a myth.

It's not easy but they are up for the challenge. They are putting their money where their mouth is. The fans group are taking money away from the club. £500k from the other owners supposedly to the benefit of the club. It keeps their bank hahappy..

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 13:30 - Apr 26 with 595 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 12:54 - Apr 26 by ReslovenSwan1

He is smart he lives in Swansea and can learn and learn fast. He believes in himself and probably is a grafter. He is prepared to face down the fans and the stone cold losers that think the fans could do better. It's a myth.

It's not easy but they are up for the challenge. They are putting their money where their mouth is. The fans group are taking money away from the club. £500k from the other owners supposedly to the benefit of the club. It keeps their bank hahappy..

He’s 25. No longer a spring chicken in football terms.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 14:16 - Apr 26 with 542 viewsonehunglow

Cullen is limited but clearly loves the club but that is not enough for most pros now.
If he knows how much Yates is getting then he will be rightly miffed.
If the Yanks want to be parsimonious then ship out the most excreable “ striker” we have bought in recent times ,accepting a loss in the making .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 16:52 - Apr 26 with 495 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 12:54 - Apr 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Lots of people believe in themselves but still fail. he can be a clever businessman but that doesn't mean he will ever understand English football.

The gradual decline of Swansea City is seeing them continually having to put more and more money in. It is a situation they have created for themselves by their bad stewardship of our club.
If as I suspect, the club is heading for financial difficulties then they will have find even larger amounts of money to shore up the problem they have created. All of their football clubs have done worse since they took over. They are reaping what they have sowed.

At the end of it all the people who will suffer will be those left when our current owners leave. Lets hope they dont bankrupt us and ruin us completely before they leave.

Obviously all of that is purely my opinion and supposition on my part. Lets hope I'm wrong. I guess the next transfer window will show how much they are willingto back Williams and SCFC.
[Post edited 26 Apr 16:54]
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 08:58 - Apr 27 with 367 viewsQJumpingJack

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 23:58 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

Whatever you want to believe.

it is the lack of footballing experience off the field which is the biggest worry.
That is why the likes of Trevor Birch were so valuable to the club especially during CV19.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 09:20 - Apr 27 with 338 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 08:58 - Apr 27 by QJumpingJack

it is the lack of footballing experience off the field which is the biggest worry.
That is why the likes of Trevor Birch were so valuable to the club especially during CV19.

The difference between employing professionals and amateurs. It doesn't matter how much business knowledge you have if you don't understand the core subject well enough the business will fail. Are we in a better position now than when Birch was in charge clearly not, are we in a better position now than when Coleman took charge, no. Sometimes when something is not working it needs to be changed. Don't give me that give it time crap, it's obvious there is only one way the club is going changes at the top need to happen now.
Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 21:10 - Apr 28 with 177 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 08:58 - Apr 27 by QJumpingJack

This is perception. Birch was great because everyone said so. He was no use to Swansea as he was "passing through".

Birch was great ad Winter was not is promoted. I have very little evidence for either. I know Birch did not stand up for the club when he has players brandishing a BLM logo on the website without doing due diligence on this organisation. He went along with the crowd,

Winter got a god fee for Rodon I recall and was criticized for that. He got an add on as well. He got that right.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 21:13 - Apr 28 with 168 viewsQJumpingJack

Swansea reject Cullen contract and trigger one year option on 21:10 - Apr 28 by ReslovenSwan1

This is perception. Birch was great because everyone said so. He was no use to Swansea as he was "passing through".

Birch was great ad Winter was not is promoted. I have very little evidence for either. I know Birch did not stand up for the club when he has players brandishing a BLM logo on the website without doing due diligence on this organisation. He went along with the crowd,

Winter got a god fee for Rodon I recall and was criticized for that. He got an add on as well. He got that right.

Do you know Winter did the deal for Rodon in October 2020?
Maybe it was Jason who concluded the deal?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024