Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The tainted First Minister 13:29 - Apr 28 with 11117 viewsSullutaCreturned

Meet vaughn Gething, the First Minister who managed to screw his job up before he'd even actually been given it,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/real-fury-behind-scenes-welsh-290647

The fact that Gething apparently cannot see what is wrong here, cannot see the conflict, surely it marks him down as unsuitable to be in politics let alone be leader of our country?
The tainted First Minister on 08:48 - May 20 with 1202 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 22:29 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

Gething's statement is basically where we are now.

Any view that doesn't confirm with a centre/far left view is "fascist" or "far right". Criticism of any public figure who isn't paler than a piss poor cup of tea is "racism".

This kind of bullshit needs to be contested.

100%, Gething must be judged on his record and quite frankly, he’s coming up short on many of the metrics I (and im guessing many others) judge him by - he needs to go.

It’s not just the “left” who have difficulty accepting criticism or the truth, the denier in chief is the Trumpster and his “fake news”.
The tainted First Minister on 09:02 - May 20 with 1179 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 08:16 - May 20 by fbreath

Would Gethin be saying the same things about it being bad judgement etc. If a Conservative or other party leader was in power had taken the money.

Of course ,he'd be on it like a rash,same as many on here, don't do as I do but as I say.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The tainted First Minister on 16:23 - May 20 with 1103 viewsSullutaCreturned

The tainted First Minister on 09:02 - May 20 by Boundy

Of course ,he'd be on it like a rash,same as many on here, don't do as I do but as I say.

Politics is full of hypocrisy. Something is bad when the oppo do it but when they get caught it is always somehow "different" even when it's exactly the same.
The tainted First Minister on 20:42 - May 21 with 991 viewsmajorraglan

Andrew RT Davies needs to pull his finger out and get a vote of confidence organised in Vaughan Gething. They need to frame it in such a way that it basically focuses the opposition voting including Plaid Cymru against Gething. If they can do that and get at least 1 Labour AM to abstain or vote against Gething he’ll be toast. I’d imagine there’ll be a fair few AM’s who’re getting clobbered by their constituents about this £200k and the recently sacked Blythyn and Waters may also have axes to grind.

Starmer can’t afford this poor publicity about Gething, so getting shot of him now could present Starmer with an opportunity to clear the decks and draw a line under Drakers and Gething’s tenure.
The tainted First Minister on 20:52 - May 21 with 982 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 20:42 - May 21 by majorraglan

Andrew RT Davies needs to pull his finger out and get a vote of confidence organised in Vaughan Gething. They need to frame it in such a way that it basically focuses the opposition voting including Plaid Cymru against Gething. If they can do that and get at least 1 Labour AM to abstain or vote against Gething he’ll be toast. I’d imagine there’ll be a fair few AM’s who’re getting clobbered by their constituents about this £200k and the recently sacked Blythyn and Waters may also have axes to grind.

Starmer can’t afford this poor publicity about Gething, so getting shot of him now could present Starmer with an opportunity to clear the decks and draw a line under Drakers and Gething’s tenure.

I think the Conservatives believe that the longer Gething is there the better it is for them, he is self imploding.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The tainted First Minister on 20:55 - May 21 with 958 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 20:52 - May 21 by Whiterockin

I think the Conservatives believe that the longer Gething is there the better it is for them, he is self imploding.

That very thought had crossed my mind too. Starmer needs shot of him as much as we need shot of him.
The tainted First Minister on 21:07 - May 21 with 943 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 20:55 - May 21 by majorraglan

That very thought had crossed my mind too. Starmer needs shot of him as much as we need shot of him.

Exactly, the long term damage he is doing to Welsh Labour is getting to a point where they may not be able to turn it around by the General Election. Only the Conservative incompetence in Westminster is giving them any hope. The Welsh public may just tactically vote.

The tainted First Minister on 21:21 - May 21 with 912 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 21:07 - May 21 by Whiterockin

Exactly, the long term damage he is doing to Welsh Labour is getting to a point where they may not be able to turn it around by the General Election. Only the Conservative incompetence in Westminster is giving them any hope. The Welsh public may just tactically vote.

Even the Labour Party are refusing to accept the surplus monies gifted to the non white leader (he brought it up first ) of our glorious sennedd.What exactly does that say about Guesskng when he trousered the main bulk of the money, now he's refusing to release any evidence regarding the leak within his cabinet which cost someone their job.
[Post edited 21 May 21:22]

Login to get fewer ads

The tainted First Minister on 22:34 - May 21 with 866 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 21:21 - May 21 by Boundy

Even the Labour Party are refusing to accept the surplus monies gifted to the non white leader (he brought it up first ) of our glorious sennedd.What exactly does that say about Guesskng when he trousered the main bulk of the money, now he's refusing to release any evidence regarding the leak within his cabinet which cost someone their job.
[Post edited 21 May 21:22]

If the Conservatives (and Andrew RT Davies) in the Senedd are going to have any credibility then they need to press on Gething, I appreciate he may be useful to the wider party but if they just leave things slide it doesn’t say much about them. Waters, Blythyn, the guy who lost the leadership to Gething could all have an axe to grind, especially if Starmer pulls strings behind the scenes.
The tainted First Minister on 09:07 - May 22 with 809 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 22:34 - May 21 by majorraglan

If the Conservatives (and Andrew RT Davies) in the Senedd are going to have any credibility then they need to press on Gething, I appreciate he may be useful to the wider party but if they just leave things slide it doesn’t say much about them. Waters, Blythyn, the guy who lost the leadership to Gething could all have an axe to grind, especially if Starmer pulls strings behind the scenes.

Miles was considered the second best candidate ,someone most if whom had never been heard of,like the rest if the main party's we're not exactly blessed with statesman like politicians, mist of whom are ex college graduates who've never had a real job (Drakeford a prime example) Trust none of them and you won't then be disappointed

The tainted First Minister on 09:24 - May 22 with 804 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 09:07 - May 22 by Boundy

Miles was considered the second best candidate ,someone most if whom had never been heard of,like the rest if the main party's we're not exactly blessed with statesman like politicians, mist of whom are ex college graduates who've never had a real job (Drakeford a prime example) Trust none of them and you won't then be disappointed

Miles was considered the better candidate by the majority of the Labour MS's and should have been elected. It was the Labour non Senedd members who voted him in, perhaps the Senedd members knew of the issues.

The tainted First Minister on 10:10 - May 22 with 787 viewsBoundy

The tainted First Minister on 09:24 - May 22 by Whiterockin

Miles was considered the better candidate by the majority of the Labour MS's and should have been elected. It was the Labour non Senedd members who voted him in, perhaps the Senedd members knew of the issues.

I stand corrected .To me it looks like as has happened throughout the Sennedds existence it's a case of whi you know gets you the job ,Rhodri Morgan was ousted because his didn't.

The tainted First Minister on 10:13 - May 22 with 778 viewsScotia

And voted for by the trade union members.

Most of those are based in SE Wales and they voted for the representative from SE Wales.

Jeremy Miles is a good politician and a decent guy, he'd have been by far the beter first minister.
The tainted First Minister on 13:15 - May 22 with 729 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 10:13 - May 22 by Scotia

Most of those are based in SE Wales and they voted for the representative from SE Wales.

Jeremy Miles is a good politician and a decent guy, he'd have been by far the beter first minister.

No sign of any racism there, is it only racism when things are not going your way.

The tainted First Minister on 13:18 - May 22 with 719 viewsBoundy

I stand corrected .To me it looks like as has happened throughout the Sennedds existence it's a case of who you know gets you the job ,Rhodri Morgan was ousted because his didn't.

The tainted First Minister on 14:13 - May 22 with 679 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 10:13 - May 22 by Scotia

I’ve got a mate who’s from Pontardulais and he knows Jeremy Miles from school albeit they were in different school years, my friend who’s judgement I trust says Miles is a sensible, feet on the ground tidy guy. I’d have preferred Miles to have been the new FM.
The tainted First Minister on 15:02 - May 22 with 644 viewsScotia

The tainted First Minister on 14:13 - May 22 by majorraglan

I’ve got a mate who’s from Pontardulais and he knows Jeremy Miles from school albeit they were in different school years, my friend who’s judgement I trust says Miles is a sensible, feet on the ground tidy guy. I’d have preferred Miles to have been the new FM.

I work with a fair amount of local politicians. Jeremy Miles is one of the few who actually seems to take personal responsibility for issues in his constituency rather than delegating work to his constituency staff and just adding a signature to a letter.

Nia Griffith is similar. Mike Hedges is a decent constituency representative too.

The less said about Lee Waters the better.
The tainted First Minister on 16:35 - May 22 with 613 viewsmajorraglan

The tainted First Minister on 15:02 - May 22 by Scotia

I work with a fair amount of local politicians. Jeremy Miles is one of the few who actually seems to take personal responsibility for issues in his constituency rather than delegating work to his constituency staff and just adding a signature to a letter.

Nia Griffith is similar. Mike Hedges is a decent constituency representative too.

In a previous life I also had to occasionally deal with politicians, one who stands out for me was Rhodri Glyn Thomas the former AM up in Ammanford, he’d get involved in constituents issues and turn up to meetings in person. That spoke volumes for me.
The tainted First Minister on 06:43 - May 29 with 453 viewsWhiterockin

No confidence vote next week?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c6pp5j8ymm1o

The tainted First Minister on 07:27 - May 29 with 408 viewsDr_Winston

The tainted First Minister on 15:02 - May 22 by Scotia

Mike Hedges spends a lot of time in his constituency. The Red Lion part of it mostly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The tainted First Minister on 13:30 - May 29 with 320 viewstheloneranger

Duplicate
[Post edited 29 May 13:33]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The tainted First Minister on 13:38 - May 29 with 312 viewsWhiterockin

Will Hannah Blythyn have the deciding vote.

The tainted First Minister on 13:40 - May 29 with 300 viewsonehunglow

The tainted First Minister on 19:50 - May 1 by majorraglan

Asking for a public inquiry is just a gimmick, we’ll see the usual procession of barristers etc line up to cream off millions at the public expense, better to have some kind of public ombudsman review that doesn’t cost us a fortune but can address the issues.

Did we get a public enquiry when some guy who’s got some pretty substantial NHS contract gives the Conservatives £15m notes - no we didn’t nor did we get one when Boris was given a £160,000 donation for playing a game of tennis against the wife of a former Russian Government Minister.

There’s plenty of dodgy dealings going on and it’s wrong for 1 party to single out the other when their own house is far from Bristol fashion and ship shape.

FWIW, I think politics needs to be cleaned up and I also think Gething is bang out of order in accepting the donation and he should be drummed out of office as should the likes of Boris. If I were a Labour AM, I wouldn’t be voting for Gething in any vote of confidence tonight - I’d want him gone. I wouldn’t be surprised if Starmer felt the same way.

Barristers !
I almost jumped in there

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The tainted First Minister on 06:46 - Jun 3 with 139 viewsAnotherJohn

The latest revelation is that a company owned by the donor was under investigation when that £200K donation was made.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c29949kexyzo

The smell just won't go away!
[Post edited 3 Jun 7:15]
The tainted First Minister on 09:49 - Jun 3 with 89 viewsWhiterockin

The tainted First Minister on 06:46 - Jun 3 by AnotherJohn

The latest revelation is that a company owned by the donor was under investigation when that £200K donation was made.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c29949kexyzo

The smell just won't go away!
[Post edited 3 Jun 7:15]

The BBC program tonight will not help his cause, particularly with the vote of no confidence on Wednesday. It's good to see the change of BBC Wales political bias, instead of being the labour puppy to scared to question, they now treat all parties equally. Far better for Wales, when questions need to be asked they should be asked.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024