Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread 15:49 - Apr 28 with 9828 viewsModeratorC

It’s the last game of the season and of all goes well it will be Matt Grimes 301st game for the Swans. That’s exciting enough to dress up like a fondant and go to the game.

Swansea City : Last game of the season, latest injury news and the full low down on the big game 4th May 2024 08:25
Today brings the Championship season to a close for the majority of the clubs involved, and the Swans face Millwall at 12.30pm today at the Swansea.com stadium. Just over 1,100 visiting supporters have made the journey in what we hope is a celebration of the end of the season for both clubs. 0

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways 4th May 2024 15:21
An error strewn and tepid Swansea display ensured thousands left the stadium before the staff and players did their usual walk around at this end of season game. It wasn’t a good look as two players received red cards and any effort by the home side was lost in a static and frustrating display. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 17:53 - May 4 with 1544 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 17:46 - May 4 by onehunglow

In other words,Williams isn’t really that good a coach and hasn’t been as glorious as some would have one believe.
Today was painful again.
What was that? End the season strongly ! Just F off and take the platitudes somewhere else .

New owners would replace both manager and captain. We can but dream .
We are stuck with utter shyte ,again.

No offence

I’m not that concerned about Williams though there are a few doubts lingering in the back of my mind. Let’s see how he is backed this summer and assess the situation then. My gut feeling is that he’s not going to get anything like what he wants or frankly needs. No idea why I feel that way though😒

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 17:58 - May 4 with 1535 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 17:53 - May 4 by union_jack

I’m not that concerned about Williams though there are a few doubts lingering in the back of my mind. Let’s see how he is backed this summer and assess the situation then. My gut feeling is that he’s not going to get anything like what he wants or frankly needs. No idea why I feel that way though😒

I’m going to miss our discourse during the close season.
I have a few holidays planned and hoping to get used to our new electric car for British breaks.
Mrs OHL says this season has been the worst since our relegation,based on my mood and crockery breakages

I “ hated” what Russ did, was ambivalent about Duff but Williams could prove to be the worst of all.

A poor man’s Rusty .

I’m not sure I would trust him..
As for the Uke, I hope he nuts him full in the kisser as he has shown him complete contempt ,worse than that was shown to Whittaker - the trouble boy.

We need new owners and. Root and branch clear out of dead wood.

Easier said than done though

Enjoy the summer anyway,Bach

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:04 - May 4 with 1531 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 17:46 - May 4 by onehunglow

In other words,Williams isn’t really that good a coach and hasn’t been as glorious as some would have one believe.
Today was painful again.
What was that? End the season strongly ! Just F off and take the platitudes somewhere else .

New owners would replace both manager and captain. We can but dream .
We are stuck with utter shyte ,again.

No offence

I was thinking about you today, I was telling the bloke sat next to me, ‘There is a so called supporter on one the Swans web sites who will be all over this game this evening, a poor performance, Grimes misses a penalty and we lost, he will keep on about it for the next few weeks.’ 👍
Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:07 - May 4 with 1515 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:04 - May 4 by lifelong

I was thinking about you today, I was telling the bloke sat next to me, ‘There is a so called supporter on one the Swans web sites who will be all over this game this evening, a poor performance, Grimes misses a penalty and we lost, he will keep on about it for the next few weeks.’ 👍

I always think of you.
It’s another season done
We are both here to bitch whilst many are not.
Frankly,I’m glad we are both able to annoy each other

As for the current set up,YOU deserve better ,so do I.

I stand by every word

Many seem pyssed off on PS . Some really “ negative” posting . Do you rip into them? Or is it just me .

And watch yourself in that forking dingy with those innocent little fish

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:25 - May 4 with 1472 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:07 - May 4 by onehunglow

I always think of you.
It’s another season done

I stand by every word

Many seem pyssed off on PS . Some really “ negative” posting . Do you rip into them? Or is it just me .

Millwall are a decent side at the moment. Top of the current form table with 5 wins out of 6. They were disciplined, physical and well drilled. They had a solid 4 4 2 and held their lines very well. Yes we were poor but I would hold back on criticising Williams until late autumn next season when we have got rid of some of our rubbish players and he has his own team. If we are poor then criticise the coach, but I think it is unfair on todays performance.
Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:25 - May 4 with 1467 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:07 - May 4 by onehunglow

I always think of you.
It’s another season done

I stand by every word

Have a good summer R.

Never change😉

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:26 - May 4 with 1470 viewsRichardO

Glad to get this season over with, I'll look forward to next season with a manager in place who still has lots to learn about Championship level football we could of won this one but over a season he will need to learn to hold onto whatever points are with us instead of throwing caution to the wind.
New player will be in the team next year there are about six that I hope we don't lose, that includes the best preforming back four , a couple returning players from injuries and som of our youngsters who seem to coming along and doing well in hard circumstances.
Two steps forward one step back.
Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:48 - May 4 with 1406 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:26 - May 4 by RichardO

Glad to get this season over with, I'll look forward to next season with a manager in place who still has lots to learn about Championship level football we could of won this one but over a season he will need to learn to hold onto whatever points are with us instead of throwing caution to the wind.
New player will be in the team next year there are about six that I hope we don't lose, that includes the best preforming back four , a couple returning players from injuries and som of our youngsters who seem to coming along and doing well in hard circumstances.
Two steps forward one step back.

I think a reliable finisher and a midfielder who could open up teams who park the bus would transform this team. Ironically, a Piroe and an Ntcham would do it.

They knew what we needed a year ago, but misjudged Yates and Kukharevych. Not sure if Ginelly could have done the Ntcham role or even if we banked on selling him.

With no one able to drive at defenders and create spaces or win free kicks, we’re fairly easy for teams like Milwall to defend against. They had no ambition and we barely got a shot on target. Rotherham nearly managed it.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:52 - May 4 with 1382 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:48 - May 4 by jack247

I think a reliable finisher and a midfielder who could open up teams who park the bus would transform this team. Ironically, a Piroe and an Ntcham would do it.

They knew what we needed a year ago, but misjudged Yates and Kukharevych. Not sure if Ginelly could have done the Ntcham role or even if we banked on selling him.

With no one able to drive at defenders and create spaces or win free kicks, we’re fairly easy for teams like Milwall to defend against. They had no ambition and we barely got a shot on target. Rotherham nearly managed it.

Cards on the table mate, the Swans were shocking today, and if we want a decent season next time. These games have to be navigated far more professionally.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 19:08 - May 4 with 1333 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:52 - May 4 by KeithHaynes

Cards on the table mate, the Swans were shocking today, and if we want a decent season next time. These games have to be navigated far more professionally.

Don’t disagree and there have been plenty of similar games this season. Some we’ve nicked (Rotherham) others that have gone like today.

We’ve got no penetration through the middle and neither Cullen nor Yates are either prolific or an aerial threat. We’re easy for bog standard, organised teams to defend against. Doesn’t really matter how many crosses we get in, they aren’t a threat.

Had the two strikers turned out the way Watson and co must have banked on, we’d be a different proposition.
Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 19:14 - May 4 with 1314 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 19:08 - May 4 by jack247

Don’t disagree and there have been plenty of similar games this season. Some we’ve nicked (Rotherham) others that have gone like today.

We’ve got no penetration through the middle and neither Cullen nor Yates are either prolific or an aerial threat. We’re easy for bog standard, organised teams to defend against. Doesn’t really matter how many crosses we get in, they aren’t a threat.

Had the two strikers turned out the way Watson and co must have banked on, we’d be a different proposition.

If the Ukrainian lad was given a chance.

We will never know.

We have some news on him next week.

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 19:19 - May 4 with 1304 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 19:14 - May 4 by KeithHaynes

If the Ukrainian lad was given a chance.

We will never know.

We have some news on him next week.

Good. I’d like to know it if was footballing reasons
Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 19:50 - May 4 with 1230 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 19:19 - May 4 by jack247

Good. I’d like to know it if was footballing reasons

Sadly no.

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 20:02 - May 4 with 1203 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 18:25 - May 4 by union_jack

Have a good summer R.

Never change😉

I ll leave you on the hands of a chum of mine ,Mr Crane

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 00:07 - May 5 with 945 viewscontroversial_jack

Crap today, so predictable and slow. Constantly putting crosses into s 5 ft 8 striker. Keep it on the deck ffs
Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 09:51 - May 5 with 757 viewsonehunglow

So called supporters then.
Define that term.
Are they those who don’t give a monkeys .
If people care ,they care upset and angry .
Even a cursory look at this site and other will show nearly all contemptuous towards what is going on.
And rightly so.

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 10:24 - May 5 with 712 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 19:50 - May 4 by KeithHaynes

Sadly no.

It's always felt that it was for non-football reasons because of the evasiveness around the subject.
Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 10:52 - May 5 with 678 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 10:24 - May 5 by dobjack2

It's always felt that it was for non-football reasons because of the evasiveness around the subject.

You're on to them and that's for sure , youth

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 11:06 - May 5 with 646 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 19:08 - May 4 by jack247

Second half we changed it,we did try going through the middle with some success hence the penalty but while pushing forward in the middle we were still committing the full backs out wide leaving us susceptible to the counter attack with limited cover for the mistake by Ronald, we did get players back but the unfortunate deflection from a Cabango block meant the ball fell straight into the path of the goal scorer whose run was unable to be prevented by the chasing player given where he was positioned at the time of Ronald's mistake. if it hadn't been deflected Grimes was on the front post to cover the low cross. Sometimes the luck goes with you sometimes not
We tried something different in the second half but so did Millwall.
Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 11:16 - May 5 with 639 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 00:07 - May 5 by controversial_jack

Crap today, so predictable and slow. Constantly putting crosses into s 5 ft 8 striker. Keep it on the deck ffs

It does not matter if it was high or on the deck. Millwall had Cullen and co in their back pocket. The forwards were static and failed to get in front of their man. At the club since 9 and seemingly not sure what to do.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 11:22 - May 5 with 619 viewsReslovenSwan1

Grimes appeared to find the penalty formula. As seen v Man city. Arrowed to the top left corner. Now he is going for smart asz ducks and drakes which is effectively 50% chance. Down the middle. Yuk.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 11:30 - May 5 with 604 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 11:06 - May 5 by RichardO

Second half we changed it,we did try going through the middle with some success hence the penalty but while pushing forward in the middle we were still committing the full backs out wide leaving us susceptible to the counter attack with limited cover for the mistake by Ronald, we did get players back but the unfortunate deflection from a Cabango block meant the ball fell straight into the path of the goal scorer whose run was unable to be prevented by the chasing player given where he was positioned at the time of Ronald's mistake. if it hadn't been deflected Grimes was on the front post to cover the low cross. Sometimes the luck goes with you sometimes not
We tried something different in the second half but so did Millwall.

We had two shots on target including a penalty. We tried to attack centrally more in the second half but still had no penetration. I wouldn’t call winning a penalty and otherwise not really threatening a success.

We’ve been on a decent run, but he hasn’t found a way to play without the type of striker his system needs, nor has he adapted the style to suit the players he’s got.
Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 14:24 - May 5 with 454 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 11:30 - May 5 by jack247

We had two shots on target including a penalty. We tried to attack centrally more in the second half but still had no penetration. I wouldn’t call winning a penalty and otherwise not really threatening a success.

We’ve been on a decent run, but he hasn’t found a way to play without the type of striker his system needs, nor has he adapted the style to suit the players he’s got.

Cannot disagree with your last paragraph, we seem to go into panic mood in the final third, if we are getting in behind the full backs then surely given the aerial abilities of our forwards someone must get across the the defender at the near post, balls into feet in the box with the wingers or our oncoming midfielders then incoming onto the ball would causes chaos getting shots off, deflections or just the ball then moving forward causing defenders to turn, we really need to be a bit clever in our attacks Key's goal is an example Lowe waited and timed his pass but he had to have the option for the pass by Key's movement.
Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 14:55 - May 5 with 435 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Millwall : Match day thread on 14:24 - May 5 by RichardO

Cannot disagree with your last paragraph, we seem to go into panic mood in the final third, if we are getting in behind the full backs then surely given the aerial abilities of our forwards someone must get across the the defender at the near post, balls into feet in the box with the wingers or our oncoming midfielders then incoming onto the ball would causes chaos getting shots off, deflections or just the ball then moving forward causing defenders to turn, we really need to be a bit clever in our attacks Key's goal is an example Lowe waited and timed his pass but he had to have the option for the pass by Key's movement.

Yes absolutely. If Cullen, or Yates for that matter, is a lone centre forward, he is a practically impossible target from a cross. Odds increase slightly if it’s whipped in low to attack the near post, but still very much unlikely. There is the odd anomaly where the defenders don’t pick him up like Cardiff at home.

You would think we’d at least have Paterson or Cooper or the opposite winger arriving at the edge of the box to make a cutback an option.

Ronald occasionally tries to drive at goal, Govea has done the same in his cameos and the fullbacks do look to overlap them or burst through inside the winger to be played in. We look far more threatening doing this than crossing in for strikers who aren’t going to get on the end of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024