Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farmland and its uses 11:02 - Apr 30 with 1598 viewsBoundy

God isn't making anymore so how about using what we have to the benefit of civilisation, not some scam dreamed up by those with a vested interest in pushing the climate agenda

https://www.savills.co.uk/landing-pages/rural-soundbytes/buying-land-to-carbon-o

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Farmland and its uses on 18:09 - May 15 with 438 viewsReslovenSwan1

Farmland and its uses on 13:30 - May 14 by Boundy

Until 2026 I believe, this isnt a UK based directive , the same is happening world wide , the question should be and loudly shouted out is WHY.

Wales has independence and wanted to do the right thing. Farmers have done a lot of damage to the environment. Farmers are generally rif ght wing people and were silent on Brexit and the generous EU support.

They used with the Tory and even got Sunak in wellies with political campaign. It sounds as if they were successful in knocking back the scheme. It's called democracy.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Farmland and its uses on 18:10 - May 15 with 436 viewscontroversial_jack

Farmland and its uses on 18:03 - May 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Experts claim the global warming is from the excessive use of fossil fuels. This is releasing heat energy and carbon formed in a geological period when the planet was a lot warmer. Biomass is considered green because the carbon emitted is from living trees not stored carbon in the ground from geological history. The fossil fuels release excess carbon ito the system such that it warms the planet and this is not harmonious. Given that the climates is always changing it is difficult to prove. I personally remember much colder winters.

Being a bit pedantic, it's not carbon that is the issue, it's co2. Carbon came from co2 in the atmosphere. if there's too much in the atmosphere then the oceans will absorb the co2, and vise versa. The planet balances itself out one way or the other, it just takes a long time
Farmland and its uses on 18:21 - May 15 with 427 viewsBoundy

Farmland and its uses on 18:09 - May 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Wales has independence and wanted to do the right thing. Farmers have done a lot of damage to the environment. Farmers are generally rif ght wing people and were silent on Brexit and the generous EU support.

They used with the Tory and even got Sunak in wellies with political campaign. It sounds as if they were successful in knocking back the scheme. It's called democracy.

A lot of damage to the environment, really, you mention chicken shut ,you can't have realised that most mass chicken producers are not farmers just a si gle enterprise.the subsidies from the EU was only money being returned which was less than first given. Al ot of idiots tends to be left wing and extremely dangerous with it.

Farmland and its uses on 18:42 - May 15 with 411 viewsmax936

Farmland and its uses on 20:59 - May 14 by JACKMANANDBOY

As planning is devolved you can see what a fcuk up this is rather than a well defined strategy.
The daily struggle of people in counties like India and China are far from life in Western Europe and governments in Russia and Brazil just are not interested and grow their emissions year at will.
There's a narrative about carbon that is not reflected in the issue of biodiversity. If I told you insect activity is down 70 percent in the last couple of decades you'll get an idea of the problem we face. Food chains collapsing and pollination rates dropping across the globe and we get told to buy a solar panel and an electric car.
CO2 is part of the natural system and can be managed, extinction of animals and plants is irreversible but you can't make money protecting habitats.

Excellent post

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Farmland and its uses on 19:53 - May 15 with 377 viewsSullutaCreturned

Farmland and its uses on 18:03 - May 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Experts claim the global warming is from the excessive use of fossil fuels. This is releasing heat energy and carbon formed in a geological period when the planet was a lot warmer. Biomass is considered green because the carbon emitted is from living trees not stored carbon in the ground from geological history. The fossil fuels release excess carbon ito the system such that it warms the planet and this is not harmonious. Given that the climates is always changing it is difficult to prove. I personally remember much colder winters.

Remember that volcano in Iceland,

https://www.science.org/content/article/ice-covered-icelandic-volcano-may-emit-m
Farmland and its uses on 20:11 - May 15 with 364 viewsReslovenSwan1

Farmland and its uses on 18:21 - May 15 by Boundy

A lot of damage to the environment, really, you mention chicken shut ,you can't have realised that most mass chicken producers are not farmers just a si gle enterprise.the subsidies from the EU was only money being returned which was less than first given. Al ot of idiots tends to be left wing and extremely dangerous with it.

You are singing from an English song sheet. Most Welsh people follow this narrative. I do not. I sing from a local song sheet namely West Wales. We have benefitted greatly from the EU. Our people threw it in the bin singing "Jerusalem" and are now paying the price. Port Talbot people are off to Hinkley. Just as planned.

Farmland and its uses on 21:17 - May 15 with 346 viewsBoundy

Farmland and its uses on 20:11 - May 15 by ReslovenSwan1

You are singing from an English song sheet. Most Welsh people follow this narrative. I do not. I sing from a local song sheet namely West Wales. We have benefitted greatly from the EU. Our people threw it in the bin singing "Jerusalem" and are now paying the price. Port Talbot people are off to Hinkley. Just as planned.

What exactly is wrong with what I posted ,never this stupid welsh nationalism crap.Also what has the EU done for us , if you mean the duelling from Abergavenny to Hirwaun, that's 30 years too late, just useful for local traffic rather than the heavy industry which no longer exists because the companies that did exist such as Lucus in Ystradgynlais closed shop and moved to Poland. Strange that you love the EU , you a proud welshman such as yourself but happy to receive handouts from an unelected unaccountable body called the EU based in a foreign land.

Farmland and its uses on 10:13 - May 16 with 294 viewscontroversial_jack

Farmland and its uses on 21:17 - May 15 by Boundy

What exactly is wrong with what I posted ,never this stupid welsh nationalism crap.Also what has the EU done for us , if you mean the duelling from Abergavenny to Hirwaun, that's 30 years too late, just useful for local traffic rather than the heavy industry which no longer exists because the companies that did exist such as Lucus in Ystradgynlais closed shop and moved to Poland. Strange that you love the EU , you a proud welshman such as yourself but happy to receive handouts from an unelected unaccountable body called the EU based in a foreign land.

The EU is elected. Did you vote for Sunak to be Pm? Did you vote for the cabinet?

I agree though about the Welsh Nationalism. A so called independent Wales would want to get into the EU. We would then have to rely on subsidies from them, hardly being independent is it?
Login to get fewer ads

Farmland and its uses on 11:38 - May 16 with 283 viewsReslovenSwan1

Farmland and its uses on 10:13 - May 16 by controversial_jack

The EU is elected. Did you vote for Sunak to be Pm? Did you vote for the cabinet?

I agree though about the Welsh Nationalism. A so called independent Wales would want to get into the EU. We would then have to rely on subsidies from them, hardly being independent is it?

The House of Lords is not democratic either and seems not to be acting in the national inters at times. It costs over £100m to run. I liked the EU. Cleaner water tighter rules based system more jobs about and development grants that I do not consider a subsidy.

Use of the word subsidy is the language of south East anglophiles. What about the great banking 2009 subsidy for the bankers?

The Sennedd is here to stay. Voters should vote for better people.South East is a wealth vortex. It sucks in capital with a subsided massive real estate market.

Farmland and its uses on 11:49 - May 16 with 280 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Farmland and its uses on 10:13 - May 16 by controversial_jack

The fact that our last 4 prime ministers have been forced to resign because of overwhelming criticism and pressure from the public along with large numbers of ministers suggests they are somewhat held accountable, unlike the anonymous and faceless EU commission who can essentially do whatever they want behind closed doors with no political opposition whatsoever.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Farmland and its uses on 14:21 - May 16 with 240 viewscontroversial_jack

Farmland and its uses on 11:49 - May 16 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The fact that our last 4 prime ministers have been forced to resign because of overwhelming criticism and pressure from the public along with large numbers of ministers suggests they are somewhat held accountable, unlike the anonymous and faceless EU commission who can essentially do whatever they want behind closed doors with no political opposition whatsoever.

Our last 4 PMs have been incompetent that's why. That hasn't been the case in the EU, although I'm no fan of Ursula van der liar
Farmland and its uses on 16:09 - May 16 with 218 viewsSullutaCreturned

Farmland and its uses on 20:11 - May 15 by ReslovenSwan1

You are singing from an EU songsheet mun. The EU didn't give anything much to Wales, we got roughly 375 million per year which doesn't buy very much,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59147579#:~:text=Wales%20received%2

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2023-01-28/is-wales-well-funded-or-underfunded

Those English give us quite a bit of money. The EU gave us pennies in comparison. yet ore England baiting from you though. We're all British, Res. Embrace it.
Farmland and its uses on 16:32 - May 16 with 217 viewsmajorraglan

Farmland and its uses on 20:38 - May 14 by SullutaCreturned

Point by point,

If we are leaders then why are the really big players not following? India, China, Russia AND the USA. They do as they please.

Deforestation, we are planting small amounts of trees but inother places they are chopping down thousands of acres of mature trees, it's disastrous. Palm oil....BAD

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20211025-palm-oil-the-everyday-ingredient-tha

I'm not aware that our environmental laws have been watered down since brexit. I stand to be corrected there. Weren't most of these chicken farms in place before we left the EU?
The Welsh version is as strong as the Senedd decides, if it is toothless it's not because of brexit but because of weak Welsh politicians who pronote rubbish ideas instead of doing what really works.

Going back to environmental issues and water in particular, yesterday’s parliamentary business included the proposed the new Criminal Justice Bill. During the bill’s reading the Liberal Democrats proposed a motion which would have, under certain circumstances made it a criminal offence for water companies such as Thames Water to discharge sewerage into lakes, rivers and the sea. This legislation could have been used to introduce criminal sanctions against companies and their officers in the face of sustained polluting.

Only 16 MP’s voted in favour including the LD, Plaid Cymru, Johnathon Edwards, 1x DUP, 1 x Alliance, 1 x Green.
Labour abstained while 261 Conservative MP’s voted against the motion. Given the state of our watercourses and the public furore around it, I’d have hoped to have seen all our politicians grasp the nettle so water companies can be held to account. I think the Conservative vote tells us where their allegiances lay.
Farmland and its uses on 18:35 - May 16 with 201 viewsBoundy

Farmland and its uses on 16:32 - May 16 by majorraglan

Going back to environmental issues and water in particular, yesterday’s parliamentary business included the proposed the new Criminal Justice Bill. During the bill’s reading the Liberal Democrats proposed a motion which would have, under certain circumstances made it a criminal offence for water companies such as Thames Water to discharge sewerage into lakes, rivers and the sea. This legislation could have been used to introduce criminal sanctions against companies and their officers in the face of sustained polluting.

Only 16 MP’s voted in favour including the LD, Plaid Cymru, Johnathon Edwards, 1x DUP, 1 x Alliance, 1 x Green.
Labour abstained while 261 Conservative MP’s voted against the motion. Given the state of our watercourses and the public furore around it, I’d have hoped to have seen all our politicians grasp the nettle so water companies can be held to account. I think the Conservative vote tells us where their allegiances lay.

Isn't abstaining the same as voting against this particular motion , certainly with something as important as this I'm surprised labour didn't commit .

Farmland and its uses on 23:08 - May 16 with 144 viewsmajorraglan

Farmland and its uses on 18:35 - May 16 by Boundy

Isn't abstaining the same as voting against this particular motion , certainly with something as important as this I'm surprised labour didn't commit .

I’m also a bit surprised by it to be honest, I’d have thought that given the public anger at the state of our water companies Labour supporting a move to make the water companies more accountable have been a strong vote winner and it could have painted the Conservatives in to a corner, not interested in the environment, supporting rich boys in the city at the expense of the public etc etc etc etc.
Farmland and its uses on 07:38 - May 17 with 129 viewsBoundy

Farmland and its uses on 23:08 - May 16 by majorraglan

I’m also a bit surprised by it to be honest, I’d have thought that given the public anger at the state of our water companies Labour supporting a move to make the water companies more accountable have been a strong vote winner and it could have painted the Conservatives in to a corner, not interested in the environment, supporting rich boys in the city at the expense of the public etc etc etc etc.

I suppose the rich boys in the City also wear red

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024