Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 14:36 - May 5 with 17710 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-swansea-city-keen-on-b

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:01 - May 10 with 3870 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:34 - May 10 by RichardO

I wouldn't want a loan either, I know it can be a hard step up to Championship level but I'd rather see our youngsters given a chance first, seeing our youngsters going out on loan as cover doesn't really do them good if they don't get game time, rather see them get a chance with us if they are good enough they will learn to play
Somewhere in my comments I alluded to signing Humphreys but that would have to be at a reasonable price but think he will be out of our reach.

Swansea need to make permanent signings and develop these sort of players. Chelsea cannot keep everyone and can put on sell on deals. The Premier League are farming talent. Buying in 50-100 best talents letting other teams develop on loan.

It sounds a dubious 'industrial farming' practice funded by the EPL broadcast deal. Middle East Arab governments harvesting talented sportsmen for profit with no intention of them ever playing for them. Ethan Ampadu for one.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:17 - May 10 with 3744 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:01 - May 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea need to make permanent signings and develop these sort of players. Chelsea cannot keep everyone and can put on sell on deals. The Premier League are farming talent. Buying in 50-100 best talents letting other teams develop on loan.

It sounds a dubious 'industrial farming' practice funded by the EPL broadcast deal. Middle East Arab governments harvesting talented sportsmen for profit with no intention of them ever playing for them. Ethan Ampadu for one.

"Middle East Arab governments harvesting talented sportsmen for profit with no intention of them ever playing for them. Ethan Ampadu for one."

Yet more of the usual speculation without substance from you, you got nothing else though, other than more opinionated boring rhetoric.

Don't bother replying as its my Opinion!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:38 - May 10 with 3647 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : Nathan Wood knows he is available for transfer 10th May 2024 15:54
Swansea City centre back Nathan Wood is aware that the Swans will listen to offers for his transfer away from the club this summer. His contract was extended recently with the Swans triggering a one year option on the player. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:05 - May 11 with 3400 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:34 - May 10 by RichardO

I wouldn't want a loan either, I know it can be a hard step up to Championship level but I'd rather see our youngsters given a chance first, seeing our youngsters going out on loan as cover doesn't really do them good if they don't get game time, rather see them get a chance with us if they are good enough they will learn to play
Somewhere in my comments I alluded to signing Humphreys but that would have to be at a reasonable price but think he will be out of our reach.

How much, on average are loans costing us these days anyway?
Surely it’s more cost effective to spend a couple of hundred k on a prospect, than a loan

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 02:27 - May 11 with 3367 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:17 - May 10 by max936

"Middle East Arab governments harvesting talented sportsmen for profit with no intention of them ever playing for them. Ethan Ampadu for one."

Yet more of the usual speculation without substance from you, you got nothing else though, other than more opinionated boring rhetoric.

No personal slurs this time. That is progress I suppose. It's a forum for opinions. If everyone thought like you it would be a dull as dishwater.

Speculation is good.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:22 - May 11 with 3264 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:05 - May 11 by jackrmee

How much, on average are loans costing us these days anyway?
Surely it’s more cost effective to spend a couple of hundred k on a prospect, than a loan

As we progressed up the divisions on our way to the Premier league we did so with a number of players released from the higher divisions academies as they came of age because they were deemed that they would never break into the first teams squad but they stepped up to our first team and at each level and were reliable assets to the team as they were able to adapt.eve though some of us thought they wouldn't be able to.

We need to really keep an eye on those players being released even the 23 or 24 year old as you say keeping a good eye on what becomes available but likewise produce our own.
The Championship is a very hard for a team to recruit for because you want players to have an almost immediate impact but as we saw this season unless you have a settled formation and players in the right positions then it is hard to slot new and younger players in effectively.

We have seen the downgrading of the squad with all the upheaval of the relegation and the desperate attempt to return, the comings and goings of would be superstars.
It does seem as if we have a number of players on whom even in the short term we can build a team on next seasons.

Key, Tymon, Darling and Cabango Grimes, Allen, Fulton, Cooper, Cullen all now seem to be settled at Championship,
Abdulai looks comfortable when he has come on and hopefully we can untap the full potential of Ronald,
We have Ginnelly and Parker to come back from injury to see if they can provide options in the team selection.

Went to see the u21s yesterday and thought we looked like the first team very lightweight but they worked very tielessly to keep on top of the game.
Evan Watts made a couple of outstanding saves, ever player played their part well for the team.
If you were looking for players to step up Cameron Congreve and Joe Thomas worked well on the right, the formers movement off the ball was excellent and was a threat in the box with his calmness on the ball, the latter's defensive work was excellent and was effective outlet on the wing as Cameron cut moved in field to receive the ball hwhile leaving space out wide for Thomas both getting us higher up the park. Cameron looked focused on the players around him getting back to cover but once back seem to lose concentration leaving players too much space but in a first team setup captioned and coached properly he would easily fit in.
I'm sure people have seen.more of the younger players would be more inform than me.

We need more younger experienced players able to play Championship level the better to replace the older ones so recruitment and development is key.
[Post edited 11 May 13:24]
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:00 - May 11 with 3131 viewsRhonddaSwans

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:22 - May 11 by RichardO

As we progressed up the divisions on our way to the Premier league we did so with a number of players released from the higher divisions academies as they came of age because they were deemed that they would never break into the first teams squad but they stepped up to our first team and at each level and were reliable assets to the team as they were able to adapt.eve though some of us thought they wouldn't be able to.

We need to really keep an eye on those players being released even the 23 or 24 year old as you say keeping a good eye on what becomes available but likewise produce our own.
The Championship is a very hard for a team to recruit for because you want players to have an almost immediate impact but as we saw this season unless you have a settled formation and players in the right positions then it is hard to slot new and younger players in effectively.

We have seen the downgrading of the squad with all the upheaval of the relegation and the desperate attempt to return, the comings and goings of would be superstars.
It does seem as if we have a number of players on whom even in the short term we can build a team on next seasons.

Key, Tymon, Darling and Cabango Grimes, Allen, Fulton, Cooper, Cullen all now seem to be settled at Championship,
Abdulai looks comfortable when he has come on and hopefully we can untap the full potential of Ronald,
We have Ginnelly and Parker to come back from injury to see if they can provide options in the team selection.

Went to see the u21s yesterday and thought we looked like the first team very lightweight but they worked very tielessly to keep on top of the game.
Evan Watts made a couple of outstanding saves, ever player played their part well for the team.
If you were looking for players to step up Cameron Congreve and Joe Thomas worked well on the right, the formers movement off the ball was excellent and was a threat in the box with his calmness on the ball, the latter's defensive work was excellent and was effective outlet on the wing as Cameron cut moved in field to receive the ball hwhile leaving space out wide for Thomas both getting us higher up the park. Cameron looked focused on the players around him getting back to cover but once back seem to lose concentration leaving players too much space but in a first team setup captioned and coached properly he would easily fit in.
I'm sure people have seen.more of the younger players would be more inform than me.

We need more younger experienced players able to play Championship level the better to replace the older ones so recruitment and development is key.

https://jackarmy.net/2024/05/11/swansea-city-set-to-make-notts-county-striker-th

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:09 - May 11 with 3130 viewsRhonddaSwans

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:22 - May 11 by RichardO

Fantastic effort post Richard 👏😀

I forgot out Sammy Parker.

Also have an up arrow

Login to get fewer ads

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:55 - May 11 with 3047 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:09 - May 11 by RhonddaSwans

Fantastic effort post Richard 👏😀

I forgot out Sammy Parker.

Also have an up arrow

What I liked about Parker was we got the ball as early as possible to him similarlly Ronald, giving them space to try things didn't always work out but it inevitably got up positions further up the pitch or throw ins or corners which we actually looked to take quickly under Sheehan we may have not been correctly set up as the play books that now seem to be followed but neither were the opposition.
One game after struggling against what seemed a pretty good full back and still winning a good nunber of corners , in the second half Parker instead of trying to drive down the wing he used his pace with the ball to drive into free space in the middle getting a cross in unexpectedly from a different from which we scored, we really need players who can change games and need to get the ball to them quicker while they have space, looked as if we have forgotten how to use our players who can do that from the off not relying on the subs coming on.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:57 - May 11 with 3046 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:00 - May 11 by RhonddaSwans

https://jackarmy.net/2024/05/11/swansea-city-set-to-make-notts-county-striker-th

Hopefully Williams can attract some players to the club we shall see.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:02 - May 11 with 2928 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : Top striker target in the Swans sights, the full lowdown 11th May 2024 17:51
There’s a lot more to Notts County’s prolific goalscorer than meets the eye. Not least his excellent injury record and the fact at twenty seven he is now in his prime as a professional footballer. 0

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:29 - May 11 with 2816 viewsRichardO

What age was Danny Graham when he came to us from Watford?
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:29 - May 11 with 2775 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:29 - May 11 by RichardO

What age was Danny Graham when he came to us from Watford?

25/26 I think!

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:00 - May 11 with 2740 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:29 - May 11 by max936

25/26 I think!

Thought he was a good buy to keep our momentum going forward at the time of his arrival, we need to find players who can help us to move forward from this disappointing season
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 01:30 - May 12 with 2677 viewsdobjack2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:00 - May 11 by RichardO

Thought he was a good buy to keep our momentum going forward at the time of his arrival, we need to find players who can help us to move forward from this disappointing season

Talented and hungry players we need, but so does every club in this division
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 01:42 - May 12 with 2662 viewsKeithHaynes

The Langstaff story went down like a lead balloon. It’s been a while since we’ve received threats of assault and damage to property. We had to pull it and then repost it so Swans fans in their thousands could enjoy the feature. What is it with these little warriors ? Never been told NO by mummy and daddy 😂 Every fanbase, however small has their share of idiots, but yiu would think they would actually read the bloody article !

So we left them this on Twitter as well.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:42 - May 12 with 2541 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 01:42 - May 12 by KeithHaynes

The Langstaff story went down like a lead balloon. It’s been a while since we’ve received threats of assault and damage to property. We had to pull it and then repost it so Swans fans in their thousands could enjoy the feature. What is it with these little warriors ? Never been told NO by mummy and daddy 😂 Every fanbase, however small has their share of idiots, but yiu would think they would actually read the bloody article !

So we left them this on Twitter as well.

Good God almighty

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:53 - May 12 with 2430 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:42 - May 12 by onehunglow

Good God almighty

Absolute cowards mate. A nasty little bunch of idiots who are weak and hopeless.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:13 - May 12 with 2380 viewsunion_jack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:53 - May 12 by KeithHaynes

Absolute cowards mate. A nasty little bunch of idiots who are weak and hopeless.

What’s this about Keith, can you elaborate?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:15 - May 12 with 2379 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:17 - May 10 by max936

Well I won't say it's just Arab money but some EPL teams certainly are farming players.

They have massive squads at all levels, the turnover is high and the "almost there" talents usually end up on loan to see if they can make the last step up, the brightest talents gettheir chance from the bench.

In 2019 Chelsea sent 41 players out on loan. That's changed now because of new FIFA rules but they can still loan out loads of under 21's
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:26 - May 12 with 2367 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:15 - May 12 by SullutaCreturned

Well I won't say it's just Arab money but some EPL teams certainly are farming players.

They have massive squads at all levels, the turnover is high and the "almost there" talents usually end up on loan to see if they can make the last step up, the brightest talents gettheir chance from the bench.

In 2019 Chelsea sent 41 players out on loan. That's changed now because of new FIFA rules but they can still loan out loads of under 21's

Its not me that wrote it, that's why I put the in brackets, so swing it in the direction of the poster who did Sultan.

There's a good old solider

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:38 - May 12 with 2309 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:15 - May 12 by SullutaCreturned

These practices are anti competitive against the Sovereign Wealth fund teams . These teams hoover up all available talent with excessive wages. Get other coaching teams to nurture them for free while charging a fee. They then bring them back for pre season and when ready sell for a big fee even adding a feature for a share of future profits.

The system is ensuring the rich become richer and clubs Swansea get poorer. As usual the EPL /EFL have no thinkers about making the league more competitive and giving the real teams with budget restrictions half a chance.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:01 - May 12 with 2268 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:38 - May 12 by ReslovenSwan1

These practices are anti competitive against the Sovereign Wealth fund teams . These teams hoover up all available talent with excessive wages. Get other coaching teams to nurture them for free while charging a fee. They then bring them back for pre season and when ready sell for a big fee even adding a feature for a share of future profits.

The system is ensuring the rich become richer and clubs Swansea get poorer. As usual the EPL /EFL have no thinkers about making the league more competitive and giving the real teams with budget restrictions half a chance.

You need to send your CV in, you got all the answers and know better than the thicko's non thinkers, the dim and the dumb.

You'll be a revelation

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:48 - May 12 with 2010 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:01 - May 12 by max936

You need to send your CV in, you got all the answers and know better than the thicko's non thinkers, the dim and the dumb.

You'll be a revelation

It s does not take a rocket scientist to see football in England and Wales is blatantly unfair and run on the basis of dubious non competitive practices.

You will ask why has Manchester city got over 100 charges to answer.It is because they have been asleep at thew heel for most of the violations and only woke up when the government felt their collar and threatened a regulator.

Swansea fans are calling for Wood to be sold cheaply a laughable £2m mentioned. Chelsea would probably sell Humphreys to Swansea for nothing less than £5m. This is the business model. Rinse and squeeze the smaller clubs.

Swansea are now losing Iwan Morgan and possibly Sam Parker for pennies in the pound.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:57 - May 12 with 1999 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:48 - May 12 by ReslovenSwan1

It s does not take a rocket scientist to see football in England and Wales is blatantly unfair and run on the basis of dubious non competitive practices.

You will ask why has Manchester city got over 100 charges to answer.It is because they have been asleep at thew heel for most of the violations and only woke up when the government felt their collar and threatened a regulator.

Swansea fans are calling for Wood to be sold cheaply a laughable £2m mentioned. Chelsea would probably sell Humphreys to Swansea for nothing less than £5m. This is the business model. Rinse and squeeze the smaller clubs.

Swansea are now losing Iwan Morgan and possibly Sam Parker for pennies in the pound.

Give your mates Gude and Coleman a ring and tell them what they need to do, Hubert will have their numbers.

Do somin for SCFC!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024