Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fury v Usyk 20:03 - May 14 with 3022 viewsmax936

Anyone partaking in buying the fight on Pay per View?

I'm thinking of doing so on my Now Tv app.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fury v Usyk on 11:11 - May 19 with 774 viewsmax936

Fury v Usyk on 22:00 - May 18 by AnotherJohn

Surprisingly Cordina was well beaten. The turning point appeared to be a shot in Round 3 after the referee had called stop boxing. It seemed to me that Cordina got lured into a close-quarters scrap rather than boxing to his strengths at a distance and paid the penalty. TKO in Round 8.
[Post edited 18 May 22:01]

Cacace was a bigger man Cordina couldn't keep him off, Cacace should have been deducted a point for that punch, it clearly unbalanced Cordina.

Fury v Usyk on 11:56 - May 19 with 730 viewstheloneranger

Denys Berinchyk beat Emanuel Navarrete by split decision to win the WBO lightweight title in San Diego last night.

Another Ukrainian victory on the world stage.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Fury v Usyk on 12:51 - May 19 with 702 viewsmax936

Fury v Usyk on 11:56 - May 19 by theloneranger

Denys Berinchyk beat Emanuel Navarrete by split decision to win the WBO lightweight title in San Diego last night.

Another Ukrainian victory on the world stage.

Just listened to the post fight PC, thought Fury spoke well, that punch on his snout set him back it was a perfect shot and Fury was clearly still struggling with the injury in the Presser.

Fury v Usyk on 14:03 - May 19 with 660 viewshowenjack

And people on here were saying size will overcome - Dempsey disproved it in 1919. Usyk did the same last night.
Fury v Usyk on 14:07 - May 19 with 656 viewsonehunglow

Fury v Usyk on 14:03 - May 19 by howenjack

And people on here were saying size will overcome - Dempsey disproved it in 1919. Usyk did the same last night.

Don’t want to keep blowing my own trumpet but I actually attached a link of Dempsey and Willard
The difference was bigger
Usyk is aethestucally more pleasing on the eye but Dempsey the most vicious in history .
He wouod have been Fury when in his fifties
Fury is a nobody that got lucky.
Far greater fighters like Larry Holmes didn’t have his gravitas

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fury v Usyk on 14:34 - May 19 with 627 viewshowenjack

Fury v Usyk on 14:07 - May 19 by onehunglow

Don’t want to keep blowing my own trumpet but I actually attached a link of Dempsey and Willard
The difference was bigger
Usyk is aethestucally more pleasing on the eye but Dempsey the most vicious in history .
He wouod have been Fury when in his fifties
Fury is a nobody that got lucky.
Far greater fighters like Larry Holmes didn’t have his gravitas

The action last night when Fury was pitching and rolling like a drunk trying to stay upright after being caught by a peach of a punch was very reminiscent of what Willard looked like in 1919. Fury got off lightly compared to Willard though who lost several teeth , had an eye socket broken as well as some ribs and his jawbone.
Fury v Usyk on 14:43 - May 19 with 609 viewsonehunglow

Fury v Usyk on 14:34 - May 19 by howenjack

The action last night when Fury was pitching and rolling like a drunk trying to stay upright after being caught by a peach of a punch was very reminiscent of what Willard looked like in 1919. Fury got off lightly compared to Willard though who lost several teeth , had an eye socket broken as well as some ribs and his jawbone.

It’s my point when contemporary fans saying the old uns would be splattered .
Under the rules of way back then,Fury would have received possible life changing injuries.
Imagine Dempsey or Marciano being allowed unfettered to hound the likes of a grotesque man like Fury. Usyk actually allowed him off the hook in the 10 th. The likes of Dempsey would have followed him to his corner if necessary and if on the ropes he’d put them through it .

I dread to think what the brown bomber would have made of him.

Schmellings screams could be heard several rows back as he took revenge fir his first fight defeat

The only time Louis was angry in the ring

Fury v Usyk on 20:30 - May 19 with 538 viewsReslovenSwan1

It does not matter about the past. Usyk is clearly the best and Fury second best.

i still think Hrigovic is the next in line. Unbeaten very big and a good boxer. There was another big Ukrainian on the undercard. A 6 ft 6 in cruiserweight called Lappin. Still young.

Usyk was the same size and George Foreman for the bust up on the River Congo.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Fury v Usyk on 00:53 - May 20 with 496 viewstheloneranger

Fury v Usyk on 11:11 - May 19 by max936

Cacace was a bigger man Cordina couldn't keep him off, Cacace should have been deducted a point for that punch, it clearly unbalanced Cordina.

Cordina has been struggling with the weight, and looked drawn and tired at the weigh in.

Agreed the ref messed up badly with that punch, plus he didn't make Cacace go to a neutral corner, but Cordina told the ref he was OK to carry on and paid the penalty!!

Fury v Usyk on 12:17 - May 20 with 410 viewstheloneranger

Fury v Usyk on 16:53 - May 20 with 366 viewsmax936

Fury v Usyk on 12:17 - May 20 by theloneranger

Got proper tagged, fight should have been stopped, I reckon the Ref's arse went, Fury getting proper twa..ed wasn't in the script.

Fury v Usyk on 19:59 - May 20 with 320 viewsonehunglow

Fury v Usyk on 16:53 - May 20 by max936

Got proper tagged, fight should have been stopped, I reckon the Ref's arse went, Fury getting proper twa..ed wasn't in the script.

Agreed
The likes of Dempsey would have shaken the ref off

Fury v Usyk on 13:05 - May 29 with 141 viewstheloneranger

"The rematch between Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury will take place on 21 December, according to the chairman of Saudi Arabia’s general entertainment authority."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/may/29/tyson-fury-v-oleksandr-usy

Fury v Usyk on 13:08 - May 29 with 140 viewsonehunglow

Fury v Usyk on 13:05 - May 29 by theloneranger

"The rematch between Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury will take place on 21 December, according to the chairman of Saudi Arabia’s general entertainment authority."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/may/29/tyson-fury-v-oleksandr-usy

General entertainment…Saudi Arabia ! Ye Gods

Fury v Usyk on 19:02 - May 29 with 87 viewsmax936

Fury v Usyk on 13:05 - May 29 by theloneranger

I won't be paying for this again, not really interested, can't see Fury winning either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024