Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EUROPA League final 19:26 - May 22 with 953 viewsRhonddaSwans

Will Leverkusen remain unbeaten

Exciting game I am backing the Germans!
Would be football excellence of they finish a full season unbeaten in all competitions.

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

EUROPA League final on 19:36 - May 22 with 934 viewsLuther27

They’re a form team at the moment and I hope they do it.
EUROPA League final on 19:50 - May 22 with 918 viewsRhonddaSwans

EUROPA League final on 19:36 - May 22 by Luther27

They’re a form team at the moment and I hope they do it.

I have followed them through the europa league.
They never give up the amount of late goals they get is ridiculous.
Any football fan has got to be backing them tonight.
I got a feeling their manger is going to either be Man C next boss or Madrid .

When Wenger done the invincible season I was to young to realise how special it was.
When you get time through the game please post.

Keeps Keiths charity ticking over.

EUROPA League final on 20:12 - May 22 with 892 viewsRhonddaSwans

Atlanta have started the strongest but against this invincible team.
They usually start slowly then grow into the game.

EUROPA League final on 20:15 - May 22 with 887 viewsRhonddaSwans

EUROPA League final on 20:12 - May 22 by RhonddaSwans

Atlanta have started the strongest but against this invincible team.
They usually start slowly then grow into the game.

1-0 Atlanta 😲

EUROPA League final on 20:51 - May 22 with 860 viewsmax936

2-0 Lookman looks a proper player, missed his first goal, but his 2nd was special.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

EUROPA League final on 21:10 - May 22 with 832 viewstrampie

EUROPA League final on 19:50 - May 22 by RhonddaSwans

I have followed them through the europa league.
They never give up the amount of late goals they get is ridiculous.
Any football fan has got to be backing them tonight.
I got a feeling their manger is going to either be Man C next boss or Madrid .

When Wenger done the invincible season I was to young to realise how special it was.
When you get time through the game please post.

Keeps Keiths charity ticking over.

It's all relative, obviously Arsenal were a very good side at that time but they weren't that good, not as good as Liverpool teams in the past, Man Utd treble team, recent Man City teams, Spurs double etc, they weren't invincibles like Preston, they lost loads of games, multiple games in Europe, FA cup and League cup, they won 26 league games, the rest were draws.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

EUROPA League final on 22:20 - May 22 with 757 viewstrampie

Italians do the Germans yet again.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

EUROPA League final on 22:50 - May 22 with 727 viewsraynor94

EUROPA League final on 21:10 - May 22 by trampie

It's all relative, obviously Arsenal were a very good side at that time but they weren't that good, not as good as Liverpool teams in the past, Man Utd treble team, recent Man City teams, Spurs double etc, they weren't invincibles like Preston, they lost loads of games, multiple games in Europe, FA cup and League cup, they won 26 league games, the rest were draws.

To compare Prestons invincibles to Arsenal's is laughable, just for a start Preston only played 22 games! And football was nowhere as competitive then.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

EUROPA League final on 00:11 - May 23 with 702 viewsReslovenSwan1

Lookman another player that flattered to deceive in his earlier years but kicked on big time after the 24 th year of his birthday. It happens with some players like Adebayor at Arsenal.

Wise sage since Toshack era

EUROPA League final on 06:42 - May 23 with 634 viewstrampie

EUROPA League final on 22:50 - May 22 by raynor94

To compare Prestons invincibles to Arsenal's is laughable, just for a start Preston only played 22 games! And football was nowhere as competitive then.

Preston had a proper unbeaten season, they won 18 league games out of 22 (Arsenal 26 out of 38) and the FA cup without conceding a goal.
Arsenal lost multiple games during the season - Inter Milan, Dynamo Kiev, Chelsea, Middlesbrough and Man Utd.

EUROPA League final on 07:42 - May 23 with 600 viewsRichardO

EUROPA League final on 00:11 - May 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Lookman another player that flattered to deceive in his earlier years but kicked on big time after the 24 th year of his birthday. It happens with some players like Adebayor at Arsenal.

Very hard to judge who is good enough at different ages, the leagues are full of very good players some get missed, put in the wrong positions, some don't develop as expected as sometimes things come too easy to them and they forget the hard work or levels of self control needed.
These are young people who want to live life to the full but there are often lots of distraction to indulge themselves with.
Lookman another Routledge?
EUROPA League final on 09:22 - May 23 with 541 viewshowenjack

Just been reading about Atalanta. A lesser light in Italian football that has achieved great things this season . They nullified Liverpool over 2 games and gone on to beat an unbeaten team 3 - 0 in the final , thats no fluke.
If Iwas running Swansea City I would be imploring them to arrange a visit so that we could go over there and learn from their methods. This could be a great opportunity for our coaches to link up and learn the secrets of their success. It could also reciprocate and provide a platform for some of their future players to test themselves in the efl via the Swans.
Their manager Gasperini comes across as a very affable humble man who obviously knows his onions .This club represents a city that has a total population of 120000 , half the size of Swansea's ! It has historically been in the shadows of the mighty Milan teams which is the nearest large city but not any more it seems.
The way Lookman spoke in one if his interviews suggest a simplicity in their methods that seemed to him to unravel the previous " complications" bogging down his game and enabled him to flourish. That speaks volumes for what they are doing in that part of Italy .They are not big spenders as like us the purse strings are tight and therefore have to get the best out of what they have got in their own special way .This makes the Swans and Atalanta very similar in many respects . My wife's in Milan atm maybe she could put a good word in for us

Ciao arreverdici
[Post edited 23 May 9:53]
EUROPA League final on 10:45 - May 23 with 500 viewsKeithHaynes

EUROPA League final on 09:22 - May 23 by howenjack

Just been reading about Atalanta. A lesser light in Italian football that has achieved great things this season . They nullified Liverpool over 2 games and gone on to beat an unbeaten team 3 - 0 in the final , thats no fluke.
If Iwas running Swansea City I would be imploring them to arrange a visit so that we could go over there and learn from their methods. This could be a great opportunity for our coaches to link up and learn the secrets of their success. It could also reciprocate and provide a platform for some of their future players to test themselves in the efl via the Swans.
Their manager Gasperini comes across as a very affable humble man who obviously knows his onions .This club represents a city that has a total population of 120000 , half the size of Swansea's ! It has historically been in the shadows of the mighty Milan teams which is the nearest large city but not any more it seems.
The way Lookman spoke in one if his interviews suggest a simplicity in their methods that seemed to him to unravel the previous " complications" bogging down his game and enabled him to flourish. That speaks volumes for what they are doing in that part of Italy .They are not big spenders as like us the purse strings are tight and therefore have to get the best out of what they have got in their own special way .This makes the Swans and Atalanta very similar in many respects . My wife's in Milan atm maybe she could put a good word in for us

Ciao arreverdici

We did a piece on them when Piroe was of interest to them.

The low down on the Italian club who want Joel Piroe 9th Jul 2023 08:46
Atalanta BC have been quietly simmering away on the sidelines whilst Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Leicester City and Everton have been accredited with interest in Swansea forward Joel Piroe. The Italian side finished fifth in Serie A last season. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

EUROPA League final on 10:55 - May 23 with 484 viewsonehunglow

EUROPA League final on 09:22 - May 23 by howenjack

Ciao arreverdici

This is a great result for smaller clubs
Bergamo has half the population of Swansea ,for a start.
I’ve never ever understood the little old Swansea narrative ,not even as a joke.
Swansea is not remotely “ small” and has a sizeable catchment area.
It grieves me that a city this size was not or is not tempting for a significant consortium to progress the club.
I look at AFC Bournemouth and Brentford FC and weep.

Anyway,well done Atalanta

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

EUROPA League final on 12:24 - May 23 with 443 viewsRhonddaSwans

EUROPA League final on 10:55 - May 23 by onehunglow

This is a great result for smaller clubs
Bergamo has half the population of Swansea ,for a start.
I’ve never ever understood the little old Swansea narrative ,not even as a joke.
Swansea is not remotely “ small” and has a sizeable catchment area.
It grieves me that a city this size was not or is not tempting for a significant consortium to progress the club.
I look at AFC Bournemouth and Brentford FC and weep.

Anyway,well done Atalanta

Fair play to them mate.
I won £25 on five a side last night ladbrokes.
10/1 then my team was in the top 10 on the leader board.

I think Alonso should think of taking a big job if one pops up.
As they might struggle to keep this team together.Also.I can't see Bayern not going all in this summer.

Back on topic well done Atlanta you were by far the stronger team on the night 👏

EUROPA League final on 19:58 - May 23 with 360 viewsLuther27

EUROPA League final on 12:24 - May 23 by RhonddaSwans

Fair play to them mate.
I won £25 on five a side last night ladbrokes.
10/1 then my team was in the top 10 on the leader board.

I think Alonso should think of taking a big job if one pops up.
As they might struggle to keep this team together.Also.I can't see Bayern not going all in this summer.

Back on topic well done Atlanta you were by far the stronger team on the night 👏

Well you really put the mockers on your team last night 🙄😂 Even the Swans beat Atalanta. Ok…it was a few years back…and it was a friendly….but it still counts eh
EUROPA League final on 20:54 - May 23 with 328 viewsblackpooljack

EUROPA League final on 19:58 - May 23 by Luther27

Well you really put the mockers on your team last night 🙄😂 Even the Swans beat Atalanta. Ok…it was a few years back…and it was a friendly….but it still counts eh

It was only 5 years ago not that long really
EUROPA League final on 20:55 - May 23 with 324 viewsKeithHaynes

EUROPA League final on 20:54 - May 23 by blackpooljack

It was only 5 years ago not that long really

And Merthyr ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

EUROPA League final on 17:25 - May 25 with 193 viewsSgorioFruit

EUROPA League final on 20:55 - May 23 by KeithHaynes

And Merthyr ?

correct mate, 16th September 1987
2-1 to Merthyr it was. history was made.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024