| Swansea s women team. 17:45 - Jul 20 with 4960 views | ReslovenSwan1 | When Andy Coleman set up the women's team it was part of the club and required funding.. I was a little concerned that the funding would come from general pot and have an effect on the men's game. Millwall for example saw their women's team break away and go independent. We have also seen tensions with both the Spanish and English Women's teams with the Spanish women taking their Board to Court for incidents and a long standing perception ok f them being the "poor relations". Similar problems were seen in the England team with accusations of discrimination.. We in Resolven dodge no issues. It seems that the new Swansea owners have sold their stake in the Women's team and set up a separate limited company. I think this is a very wise move. The Swansea Women's team can now stand on their own feet and develop their sport without reference to the men's game. Issues of under funding a argument over promotion are no longer relevant. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo I wish them good luck and growth in profile and crowds . [Post edited 20 Jul 17:56]
|  |
| |  |
| Swansea s women team. on 14:14 - Jul 21 with 1044 views | Gwyn737 |
| Swansea s women team. on 14:06 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin | Be afraid, be very afraid |
Indeed You'd think the rise in women taking part in sport would be seen as a good thing and something that should be encouraged. |  | |  |
| Swansea s women team. on 14:20 - Jul 21 with 1001 views | DoubeDoube |
| Swansea s women team. on 14:14 - Jul 21 by Gwyn737 | Indeed You'd think the rise in women taking part in sport would be seen as a good thing and something that should be encouraged. |
I am not really interested in it and no one is arguing that women shouldn't play but, take away the Swansea badge, and the bundled corporate deals, and we would see what the market demand actually is. |  | |  |
| Swansea s women team. on 14:26 - Jul 21 with 968 views | Gwyn737 |
| Swansea s women team. on 14:20 - Jul 21 by DoubeDoube | I am not really interested in it and no one is arguing that women shouldn't play but, take away the Swansea badge, and the bundled corporate deals, and we would see what the market demand actually is. |
Why does that matter? That isn't the aim. A better aim from a financial perspective is how many more females are engaging with the club and from a community perspective, what good is it doing for females locally. I'll ask you again, what are the downsides? |  | |  |
| Swansea s women team. on 14:32 - Jul 21 with 932 views | DoubeDoube |
| Swansea s women team. on 14:26 - Jul 21 by Gwyn737 | Why does that matter? That isn't the aim. A better aim from a financial perspective is how many more females are engaging with the club and from a community perspective, what good is it doing for females locally. I'll ask you again, what are the downsides? |
I am just not interested in it to be honest. I dont like rugby league either, nor basket ball. |  | |  |
| Swansea s women team. on 14:43 - Jul 21 with 898 views | Gwyn737 |
| Swansea s women team. on 14:32 - Jul 21 by DoubeDoube | I am just not interested in it to be honest. I dont like rugby league either, nor basket ball. |
Which is your perogative. If you're not interested and there aren't any real downsides then surely then they can just crack on? Maybe in time you'll have young female family members who are intersted and that may lead you to change your mind. That won't happen if the path is shut off. [Post edited 21 Jul 14:44]
|  | |  |
| Swansea s women team. on 15:00 - Jul 21 with 888 views | ReslovenSwan1 | We live in a world of equality.Gender equality is included. We saw this with the Spain's women team. The expected to be treated like the men. The captain said The men go by first class jet. We go by train second class. It is entirely rational. Treating the women in a less preferential way is discrimination. Human are humans and the women rightly taken their game very seriously. It is a good business decision. The women can manage their own budget and travel how their like. The club will help them of course . SCFC would be delighted if they can replace the Ospreys. Let's face it only about 4000 turned up to see all that scrummaging . Scrum collapsing is a magnificent spectacle but actually quite dangerous. They can pick their own manager. That roll seems to have been a revolving door |  |
|  |
| Swansea s women team. on 15:26 - Jul 21 with 844 views | pencoedjack |
| Swansea s women team. on 14:32 - Jul 21 by DoubeDoube | I am just not interested in it to be honest. I dont like rugby league either, nor basket ball. |
I'm out fella I think we have a couple of posters with aspiring daughters or granddaughters & want to ensure they are looked after (& good luck to them). Personally if I want to go & watch a poor standard of football Ill go & watch Pencoed 2nds. [Post edited 21 Jul 15:54]
|  | |  |
| Swansea s women team. on 15:31 - Jul 21 with 825 views | Gwyn737 |
| Swansea s women team. on 15:26 - Jul 21 by pencoedjack | I'm out fella I think we have a couple of posters with aspiring daughters or granddaughters & want to ensure they are looked after (& good luck to them). Personally if I want to go & watch a poor standard of football Ill go & watch Pencoed 2nds. [Post edited 21 Jul 15:54]
|
No downsides then? |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| Swansea s women team. on 20:00 - Jul 21 with 701 views | max936 |
| Swansea s women team. on 08:43 - Jul 21 by DoubeDoube | Call me sexist, old fashioned, misogynistic..... tick as applicable but i have zero interest in the women's game. Fire away! |
I with you on that and I'm not keen on them being embedded as they are in the men's game, with they're punditry and commentary either to be honest. |  | |  |
| Swansea s women team. on 22:43 - Jul 21 with 664 views | SkewenMitch | difficult to quantify the crowds in 1920. Britaib was acountry recovering from desperate losses in WWI. No TV, No Radio. Uncomparable to 2026 |  | |  |
| Swansea s women team. on 07:57 - Jul 22 with 573 views | DoubeDoube |
| Swansea s women team. on 20:00 - Jul 21 by max936 | I with you on that and I'm not keen on them being embedded as they are in the men's game, with they're punditry and commentary either to be honest. |
3 women analysts pitchside and no men for WC final on TV. Its a joke. [Post edited 22 Jul 7:58]
|  | |  |
| Swansea s women team. on 08:37 - Jul 22 with 553 views | Gwyn737 |
| Swansea s women team. on 22:43 - Jul 21 by SkewenMitch | difficult to quantify the crowds in 1920. Britaib was acountry recovering from desperate losses in WWI. No TV, No Radio. Uncomparable to 2026 |
Still led to a ban for half a century. Still seems to be evident with some lot wanting a Swans womens team. |  | |  |
| |