Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking 22:47 - Sep 23 with 4474 viewsTenbySwan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/art
In the stands.
Please no.
1
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 10:38 - Sep 27 with 679 viewsonehunglow

Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 10:13 - Sep 27 by cwmdonkinjack

Fully agree- it is now ages since I went to watch an Autumn International or 6 Nations game. Although football is by far my main sporting interest I used to enjoy international rugby but it now lacks any decent atmosphere and a lot of the crowd have little interest in the game and, as you say, are back and forwards to the bar when they have paid over a £100 to watch the game. Please Burnham leave this alone


Rugby fans often decry football ones as cretins especially South Africans
Ironic so far isn’t
International rugby games are pisssse ups
Sport second place
Churn out MWWFH then schtum and see Eales humiliated on sporting field whilst sipping lager in plastic
I like both games

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 10:59 - Sep 27 with 681 viewsDemitrius

In my youth we would always sneak a drink into the Vetch - A plastic soft drink bottle with some concoction mixed with Fanta or Lilt but was probably 25% proof - as we grew older some graduated to a hip flask for a cheeky nip on a cold winters day. On the terraces going for a slash didn't really inconvenience anyone - unless it was into the coat pocket of the chap in front of course.

These days in modern stadia with seating, those horrible plastic pint glasses and the craze of throwing £7 worth of drink up in the air after a goal...?

Nah - not for me - will cause a load of problems arguments and probably fights.
[Post edited 27 Sep 11:01]

“Cunnilingus and Psychiatry brought us to this …”

3
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 11:09 - Sep 27 with 670 viewsDr_Winston

Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 10:13 - Sep 27 by cwmdonkinjack

Fully agree- it is now ages since I went to watch an Autumn International or 6 Nations game. Although football is by far my main sporting interest I used to enjoy international rugby but it now lacks any decent atmosphere and a lot of the crowd have little interest in the game and, as you say, are back and forwards to the bar when they have paid over a £100 to watch the game. Please Burnham leave this alone


Most people are there for the pissup. Maybe 30-40% of the crowd are actually interested in the game. They'll probably find that a lot of the tourists will drift away the longer the team goes on struggling.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

0
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 12:25 - Sep 27 with 594 viewsGwyn737

Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 11:09 - Sep 27 by Dr_Winston

Most people are there for the pissup. Maybe 30-40% of the crowd are actually interested in the game. They'll probably find that a lot of the tourists will drift away the longer the team goes on struggling.


I went to the Fiji game a few years ago and it was so bad I decided I wasn’t going to go again.

I would like to be able not to have to horse my half time beer at the football and take it through to my seat, mind.

Having said that I’m not desperate for change.
0
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 13:08 - Sep 27 with 576 viewsSullutaCreturned

Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 12:25 - Sep 27 by Gwyn737

I went to the Fiji game a few years ago and it was so bad I decided I wasn’t going to go again.

I would like to be able not to have to horse my half time beer at the football and take it through to my seat, mind.

Having said that I’m not desperate for change.


I don't have beer at half time! It's only 15 minutes. If I did tho, I would drink it sensibly
0
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 13:12 - Sep 27 with 566 viewsGwyn737

Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 13:08 - Sep 27 by SullutaCreturned

I don't have beer at half time! It's only 15 minutes. If I did tho, I would drink it sensibly


That’s the sensible bit, Cat!

I’d like to take it to my seat with me and take my time.
0
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 13:35 - Sep 27 with 551 viewsSullutaCreturned

Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 13:12 - Sep 27 by Gwyn737

That’s the sensible bit, Cat!

I’d like to take it to my seat with me and take my time.


Ah but that's not sensible to me, I don't want beer spilled all down me, I don't want several people all around me with plastic containers slopping it everywhere and nor do I want those people up and down a dozen times going for beer and to take a leak.

I'll have more beer when I go back to the pub. But then, I don't really drink very much anymore. I did have 6 or 7 at the Burnley game mind, that's a lot for me.

I may have a few at QPR if Daniel is driving home
0
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 13:46 - Sep 27 with 541 viewsGwyn737

Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 13:35 - Sep 27 by SullutaCreturned

Ah but that's not sensible to me, I don't want beer spilled all down me, I don't want several people all around me with plastic containers slopping it everywhere and nor do I want those people up and down a dozen times going for beer and to take a leak.

I'll have more beer when I go back to the pub. But then, I don't really drink very much anymore. I did have 6 or 7 at the Burnley game mind, that's a lot for me.

I may have a few at QPR if Daniel is driving home


At stadium prices I’m not spilling a drop!

I get that’s not how others feel and I’m fine with that 👍
0
Login to get fewer ads

Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 17:37 - Sep 27 with 482 viewsonehunglow

Frankly I feel it too inconvenient to go queuing for a plastic beer or a salmonella pastry during a game

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 19:16 - Sep 27 with 456 viewsKeithHaynes

Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 17:37 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Frankly I feel it too inconvenient to go queuing for a plastic beer or a salmonella pastry during a game


If it’s such an issue of fairness they should ban alcohol at rugby.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 19:16 - Sep 27 with 454 viewsWhiterockin

Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 17:37 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Frankly I feel it too inconvenient to go queuing for a plastic beer or a salmonella pastry during a game


Well you are unlikely to build up immunity.
0
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 19:52 - Sep 27 with 432 viewsonehunglow

Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 19:16 - Sep 27 by KeithHaynes

If it’s such an issue of fairness they should ban alcohol at rugby.


Agree
Ive said so on this thread
Pitiful daffodil mask wearing clowns knocking back plastic Carling pisss with Eales 30 points adrift turns my stomach
WRU need the money though

No alcohol on any game

Doesn’t bother our friends in Islamic lands so why should it us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 20:49 - Sep 27 with 419 viewsWhiterockin

Burnham wants to lift ban on drinking on 19:52 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Agree
Ive said so on this thread
Pitiful daffodil mask wearing clowns knocking back plastic Carling pisss with Eales 30 points adrift turns my stomach
WRU need the money though

No alcohol on any game

Doesn’t bother our friends in Islamic lands so why should it us


We have American owners who want to increase the match day spend, let's just see how that goes. In fairness they are investing huge amounts into the club, we should do what we can.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026