Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
announcing the attendance 12:47 - Aug 18 with 11128 viewslittle_britton

can we please stop doing this now please.
announcing the attendance on 12:48 - Aug 18 with 7615 viewsDarran

Record attendance mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

announcing the attendance on 13:25 - Aug 18 with 7531 viewsdeanscfc

Agreed...what a completely pointless thing to do. Game hanging in the balance, Michu through on goal and some tw*t takes the heat out of the moment by announcing how many people there are watching it.
announcing the attendance on 13:31 - Aug 18 with 7510 viewsDarran

They forgot to thank everyone for going to Malmo too.

announcing the attendance on 14:47 - Aug 18 with 7378 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Not everyone went mun.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

announcing the attendance on 17:38 - Aug 18 with 7157 viewsdgt73

announcing the attendance on 14:47 - Aug 18 by Joe_bradshaw

Not everyone went mun.

only the loyal fans..

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

announcing the attendance on 20:35 - Aug 18 with 6944 viewsSpokenword

Agreed. It's making us look so small time, it was bad enough that it was 3-0. Especially now we have the lowest capacity in the league.
announcing the attendance on 20:42 - Aug 18 with 6914 viewsAndy1300

announcing the attendance on 17:38 - Aug 18 by dgt73

only the loyal fans..

Number 1 team in Wales

announcing the attendance on 08:39 - Aug 19 with 6682 viewsPegojack

I agree. It is cringeworthy in the extreme and makes us sound like a real bunch of small time country cousins. The announcers' enthusiastic tone makes it ten times worse, as if he's announcing that the club had discovered a cure for cancer, FFS. Just say it quiet and matter-of-fact if you have to say it at all.
Login to get fewer ads

announcing the attendance on 08:52 - Aug 19 with 6665 viewsDarran

There's no reason why they can't put the attendance up on the scoreboard above the north stand at least then everyone in the ground except the away fans can see it.

announcing the attendance on 09:04 - Aug 19 with 6641 viewsmonmouth

Sounds like a great idea. Everyone can see it and we don't have to embarrass ourselves every game and give the away numpties a stick to hit us with. Or he could just announce "once again we've sold out" without mentioning any numbers.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

announcing the attendance on 09:06 - Aug 19 with 6634 viewsJackanapes

If we keep quiet about it no one will notice we actually do have the smallest ground in the league.
Only in cyberspace can selling out every week be classed as small time and cringeworthy (a good adjective for this thread by joyous coincidence).
I'd wondered what realms were left to discover for the malcontents of this world. The timing of the attendance announcement was something that would have crept into only the the most warped of minds. But then , when in Rome....

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

announcing the attendance on 09:13 - Aug 19 with 6616 viewsDarran

announcing the attendance on 09:06 - Aug 19 by Jackanapes

If we keep quiet about it no one will notice we actually do have the smallest ground in the league.
Only in cyberspace can selling out every week be classed as small time and cringeworthy (a good adjective for this thread by joyous coincidence).
I'd wondered what realms were left to discover for the malcontents of this world. The timing of the attendance announcement was something that would have crept into only the the most warped of minds. But then , when in Rome....

Can't disagree with that and if we'd have been winning 3-1 instead of losing 3-1 when it was announced there probably wouldn't be this thread.

announcing the attendance on 10:35 - Aug 19 with 6546 viewsJackanapes

We should start singing in English accent, or there is a fair chance they will figure out we are Welsh. Then we will be in for it.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

announcing the attendance on 10:42 - Aug 19 with 6514 viewswr72

Great shout,I was wincing when the over zealous p.a fella was announcing it.Maybe it was because we were playing against the team with the biggest stadium capacity in England.
announcing the attendance on 10:43 - Aug 19 with 6512 viewsJackanapes

We should have this as our logo

For all of you who have delusions about what we actually are.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 10:44]

announcing the attendance on 10:44 - Aug 19 with 6499 viewsPegojack

Some great bending of the facts to suit your arguement there...no-one called selling out the ground 'cringeworthy'. What I said was that the enthusiastic announcement of the attendance was cringeworthy and makes us sound smalltime.

When we are on the end of a pasting, and hosting a club who regularly sell out a ground with a capacity over three times ours, what reaction do you expect from the travelling fans when our announcer comes on sounding like some Blue Peter presenter giving the Christmas appeal total and says the attendance is an amazing twenty thousand and seven hundred odd? Derision, obviously, and we hand it to them on a plate...
announcing the attendance on 10:46 - Aug 19 with 6489 viewsJackanapes

If you think trivialities like this make a difference then its your attitude thats comical, not the club

announcing the attendance on 10:50 - Aug 19 with 6473 viewsPegojack

Who said they made a difference? If I find something irritating about my experience of attending the Liberty on matchdays, I think it's reasonable to air it on this forum. It's one of the reasons it's here, isn't it? Do you like being made to look like a provincial dickhead, then?
announcing the attendance on 10:52 - Aug 19 with 6468 viewsJackanapes

I didn't feel like I was made to look like a provincial dickhead because I don't feel like a provincial dickhead to start with. I'm guessing you cant say the same.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 10:57]

announcing the attendance on 10:55 - Aug 19 with 6457 viewsJackanapes

If an innocuous event such as that makes you feel so inadequate, Id suggest the answers lie within.

announcing the attendance on 10:59 - Aug 19 with 6441 viewsPegojack

Thank you Dr Freud, I feel better after our session together. Same time next week?
announcing the attendance on 11:01 - Aug 19 with 6427 viewsJackanapes

There are no complicated issues at play here, just inferiority on a massive scale.

announcing the attendance on 11:15 - Aug 19 with 6391 viewsBaker

announcing the attendance on 10:44 - Aug 19 by Pegojack

Some great bending of the facts to suit your arguement there...no-one called selling out the ground 'cringeworthy'. What I said was that the enthusiastic announcement of the attendance was cringeworthy and makes us sound smalltime.

When we are on the end of a pasting, and hosting a club who regularly sell out a ground with a capacity over three times ours, what reaction do you expect from the travelling fans when our announcer comes on sounding like some Blue Peter presenter giving the Christmas appeal total and says the attendance is an amazing twenty thousand and seven hundred odd? Derision, obviously, and we hand it to them on a plate...

The above post is correctest thing you will EVER read on this forum.

Message ends.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

announcing the attendance on 11:26 - Aug 19 with 6367 viewsMagicDaps

Can't see a problem with it, I don't have a problem with us selling having an attendance of 20,700. It's the highest in the Liberty era and people are embarrassed by it? I don't care that we're a small club.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

announcing the attendance on 11:41 - Aug 19 with 6333 viewsSmellyplumz

If they have to make an announcement then lie ... "todays attendance is 45,690" jobs a goodun

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024