Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 23:02 - Sep 22 with 16693 viewsDarran

The blokes f*cking potty.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:40 - Sep 23 with 2489 viewsScoobyDoo

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:30 - Sep 23 by raynor94

When they do start converting the chances they are creating they are going to take some stopping

I know, in a round about way that's what i was getting at.
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:40 - Sep 23 with 2492 viewsDewi1jack

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:16 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

Spurs are misfiring and are sitting joint top of the league? Just wait till they start firing then!

If a team wins by 1 goal, they pick up the points.
Surely even you understand that Scoobs.
You have to admit, Spurs should have scored at least 7 against your team and as Rayns states, when they start converting the chances they're making, they're going to be a force to be reckoned with, both in the Prem and in any cup competition.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:47 - Sep 23 with 2476 viewsmonmouth

Still, on the plus side for Cardiff, Fulham have Berbatov and Ruiz fit again for Saturday.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:53 - Sep 23 with 2459 viewsScoobyDoo

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:40 - Sep 23 by Dewi1jack

If a team wins by 1 goal, they pick up the points.
Surely even you understand that Scoobs.
You have to admit, Spurs should have scored at least 7 against your team and as Rayns states, when they start converting the chances they're making, they're going to be a force to be reckoned with, both in the Prem and in any cup competition.

Exactly and even you should understand Dew is the only reason they didn't score 6 or 7 is our goalkeeper had a blinder, now i don't expect you to heap praise on Marshall, that's something you lot are not capable of, probably pretty much like some of our lot didn't heap praise on Vorm when he was keeping you in games when you first went up. Bet your memory doesn't stretch that far back though does it?
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:54 - Sep 23 with 2451 viewsScoobyDoo

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:47 - Sep 23 by monmouth

Still, on the plus side for Cardiff, Fulham have Berbatov and Ruiz fit again for Saturday.

No easy games in the prem.
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:58 - Sep 23 with 2437 viewsmonmouth

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:53 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

Exactly and even you should understand Dew is the only reason they didn't score 6 or 7 is our goalkeeper had a blinder, now i don't expect you to heap praise on Marshall, that's something you lot are not capable of, probably pretty much like some of our lot didn't heap praise on Vorm when he was keeping you in games when you first went up. Bet your memory doesn't stretch that far back though does it?

That close range save from the number 9 was absolutely incredible. i know it was offside but neither knew that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 12:15 - Sep 23 with 2406 viewsScoobyDoo

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:58 - Sep 23 by monmouth

That close range save from the number 9 was absolutely incredible. i know it was offside but neither knew that.

Well incredible enough for nearly everybody geting off their arris's to applaud it. Great performance.
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 12:25 - Sep 23 with 2390 viewsDarran

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 11:53 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

Yeah shame he didn't keep you in the game untill the final whistle went innit?
What part of you lost 1-0 aren't you getting then?
Seriously what a f*cking tool.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 12:28 - Sep 23 with 2375 viewsScoobyDoo

Going back to the op.

Bit ironic coming from you Dazza?
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 12:29 - Sep 23 with 2363 viewsScoobyDoo

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 12:25 - Sep 23 by Darran

Yeah shame he didn't keep you in the game untill the final whistle went innit?
What part of you lost 1-0 aren't you getting then?
Seriously what a f*cking tool.

Me a tool? See my last post

Oh i forgot, innnitt
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 12:30]
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 12:34 - Sep 23 with 2354 viewsDewi1jack

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 12:15 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

Well incredible enough for nearly everybody geting off their arris's to applaud it. Great performance.

Vorm certainly had a very busy first season. Between him and the defence it certainly helped us stay up. Clean sheets = at least 1 point
Marshall does look good, haven't said otherwise.
But if your team is going to defend deeply, then you have to have a good defence in front of him, to give him a hand. Leave him do too much work and you risk him picking up a bad injury.
Now DiCanio has gone, the 3 relegation spots are open again and defending deep while having no shots on target, is not the way to stay up.
And yes Scoobs I watched us play in the top division before, so I do remember.
Even I'm not old enough to have seen you lot promoted and play twice in the top flight though.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 12:45 - Sep 23 with 2330 viewsScoobyDoo

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 12:34 - Sep 23 by Dewi1jack

Vorm certainly had a very busy first season. Between him and the defence it certainly helped us stay up. Clean sheets = at least 1 point
Marshall does look good, haven't said otherwise.
But if your team is going to defend deeply, then you have to have a good defence in front of him, to give him a hand. Leave him do too much work and you risk him picking up a bad injury.
Now DiCanio has gone, the 3 relegation spots are open again and defending deep while having no shots on target, is not the way to stay up.
And yes Scoobs I watched us play in the top division before, so I do remember.
Even I'm not old enough to have seen you lot promoted and play twice in the top flight though.

Mate we have played three top 6 sides at home, now if you think we were going to go gungho against them you must be deluded, now we have won 1 lost 1 and drawn 1 against these sides which is better than i expected to be honest. You have played three top sides and lost two, yes. I am not saying we are a better side than you but we have had a better return than you against these top 6 sides.

I agree with you we have to come out more but you have to give these sides respect, they are top quality sides who will be at the top table through the season.

I know we are going to be in the bottom 6 through the season but its all about finishing 17th or higher is our priority.

Also i wasn't asking you to remember the last time you were in the top tier, only two years back.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 12:48]
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 13:04 - Sep 23 with 2290 viewsDewi1jack

Scoobs.
At the moment your team is carrying the impetus of the newly promoted side. 38 "cup finals" in a season is very tiring and no one expects you to be gung-ho against any team in the PL.
That really does sound like a recipe for failure.
But to have 0 shots on target during the game, will at best get you a 0-0 draw, but there are many players in the prem, who will only need 1 chance to score against you.
That's without taking into account some of the dubious penalties/ close in free kicks, given by referees to the top 7 teams, that the rest of us in the PL don't get a sniff at.
As far as I'm concerned, our 1st target is still staying up (17th) and it will be that every season for a fair few years to come. Any of our fans that think we have an automatic right to be at the top table, are deluded.
Think Bolton got relegated after 10 years in the PL. Yes, I know they were toss, but 10 years experience should make a team think it is safe automatically.

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 13:36 - Sep 23 with 2233 viewsDr_Winston

It's very easy for goalkeepers to look good when they're getting plenty of opportunity to do so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 13:40 - Sep 23 with 2226 viewsMattG

Alex McCarthy was one of the best keepers in the PL last season - had an absolute blinder at the Liberty when we drew 2-2 and was regularly praised by pundits, media and supporters for his excellent performances.

He played for Reading.
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 13:42 - Sep 23 with 1978 viewsScoobyDoo

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 13:04 - Sep 23 by Dewi1jack

Scoobs.
At the moment your team is carrying the impetus of the newly promoted side. 38 "cup finals" in a season is very tiring and no one expects you to be gung-ho against any team in the PL.
That really does sound like a recipe for failure.
But to have 0 shots on target during the game, will at best get you a 0-0 draw, but there are many players in the prem, who will only need 1 chance to score against you.
That's without taking into account some of the dubious penalties/ close in free kicks, given by referees to the top 7 teams, that the rest of us in the PL don't get a sniff at.
As far as I'm concerned, our 1st target is still staying up (17th) and it will be that every season for a fair few years to come. Any of our fans that think we have an automatic right to be at the top table, are deluded.
Think Bolton got relegated after 10 years in the PL. Yes, I know they were toss, but 10 years experience should make a team think it is safe automatically.

Yes the stats will say we had no shots on target but you and i know that we had good chances to score yesterday, i know they had numerous but you would expect that with the quality they possess. I have been at all our games this season and only West Ham i thought we'd never score but it was our first game at this level and to be honest we are still coming to terms with this level Southampton went about six games last season before adapting, we'll be the same, we are not going to be playing the top six every week.
Look at Chelsea saturday, they had £120mill worth of talent on the bench ffs, Townsend yesterday give us the run round for most part, what they do, sub him and bring on a player that cost them £27mill, can't match that really can you?
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 13:47 - Sep 23 with 1965 viewsDr_Winston

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 13:40 - Sep 23 by MattG

Alex McCarthy was one of the best keepers in the PL last season - had an absolute blinder at the Liberty when we drew 2-2 and was regularly praised by pundits, media and supporters for his excellent performances.

He played for Reading.

Spot on.

Any half decent goalie can make himself look brilliant if he's getting peppered with shots every five minutes. You can tell the good keepers from the merely decent by the other things. What are they like under the high ball. Decision making. Positioning. Distribution.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 13:49 - Sep 23 with 1962 viewsMattG

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 13:42 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

Yes the stats will say we had no shots on target but you and i know that we had good chances to score yesterday, i know they had numerous but you would expect that with the quality they possess. I have been at all our games this season and only West Ham i thought we'd never score but it was our first game at this level and to be honest we are still coming to terms with this level Southampton went about six games last season before adapting, we'll be the same, we are not going to be playing the top six every week.
Look at Chelsea saturday, they had £120mill worth of talent on the bench ffs, Townsend yesterday give us the run round for most part, what they do, sub him and bring on a player that cost them £27mill, can't match that really can you?

The point is that you have to try and find a way of matching it. Defending for your life every game is one option but I'm not sure it's the right one.
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 14:05 - Sep 23 with 1942 viewsScoobyDoo

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 13:49 - Sep 23 by MattG

The point is that you have to try and find a way of matching it. Defending for your life every game is one option but I'm not sure it's the right one.

Well to lose in the last minute of three matches against three top six sides? i think we are doing ok.
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 14:23 - Sep 23 with 1934 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

The rags have done alright so far, they've played 3 top teams at home and taken 4 points & were unlucky not to have to have 5 in the end.

Whatever you think of them, from what i've seen so far they look ok. Malky seems like he's a decent manager & got them well organised. They won't be playing the quality of spurs at home every week.

Plus their record so far is pretty much the same as ours I believe from our 1st season in the prem.

Just makes us look petty being so one eyed, we're so far ahead of them now there's no point talking them down, they're not even in the same stratosphere as our total football.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 14:32 - Sep 23 with 1924 viewsJackSomething

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 14:05 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

Well to lose in the last minute of three matches against three top six sides? i think we are doing ok.

I can see where you're coming from Scoobs, but here are some interesting stats from those three games (Spurs, Everton and Man City):

Those three teams had a combined 58 shots on goal.
Cardiff had 19 shots, 7 of which were on target (6 of those came against Man City)
The possession stats for the away teams was 63%, 61%, 56%

Stats aren't everything and the fact you have managed to take 4 points from those games despite those stats is impressive. It's not sustainable though and Malky is at some point going to need to change your approach.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 14:33 - Sep 23 with 1922 viewsJackSomething

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 14:23 - Sep 23 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

The rags have done alright so far, they've played 3 top teams at home and taken 4 points & were unlucky not to have to have 5 in the end.

Whatever you think of them, from what i've seen so far they look ok. Malky seems like he's a decent manager & got them well organised. They won't be playing the quality of spurs at home every week.

Plus their record so far is pretty much the same as ours I believe from our 1st season in the prem.

Just makes us look petty being so one eyed, we're so far ahead of them now there's no point talking them down, they're not even in the same stratosphere as our total football.

You've done a brilliant job of completely contradicting yourself in the space of one sentence there. Cracking work.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 14:35 - Sep 23 with 1912 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 14:33 - Sep 23 by JackSomething

You've done a brilliant job of completely contradicting yourself in the space of one sentence there. Cracking work.

Stick to dragging up stats on Cardiff games saddo, your put downs don't even make sense.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 14:40 - Sep 23 with 1895 viewsScoobyDoo

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 14:32 - Sep 23 by JackSomething

I can see where you're coming from Scoobs, but here are some interesting stats from those three games (Spurs, Everton and Man City):

Those three teams had a combined 58 shots on goal.
Cardiff had 19 shots, 7 of which were on target (6 of those came against Man City)
The possession stats for the away teams was 63%, 61%, 56%

Stats aren't everything and the fact you have managed to take 4 points from those games despite those stats is impressive. It's not sustainable though and Malky is at some point going to need to change your approach.

Horses for courses mate, it's how we play against the so called lesser teams that will be the key as our fans will be expecting us to do well then, it's how the players handle that pressure.

This might sound odd but they know they have to stay disciplined against the top sides, against the rest they should have more freedom, we will see.
Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 14:42 - Sep 23 with 1896 viewsMattG

Manky Mackay on MOTD2 on 14:05 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

I won't argue that you've done pretty well so far against the bigger teams - couldn't really have asked for a lot more on that score.

An issue could be that you've done less well against those teams more likely to be in your area of the table. Out of interest and ignoring your trip to Chelsea, how many more points would you be aiming for before we come to the CCS?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024