Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms 11:03 - Oct 27 with 3326 viewsPhil_S

It used to be said that Dave Jones never understood the rivalry of a Welsh derby but it now seems that Vincent Tan could be falling into the same trap as he says he fails to understand the rivalry between the two clubs

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/33179
Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 11:28 - Oct 27 with 3234 viewsQuakerJack

I'm convinced that Vincent Tan isn't real, it's just Huw Jenkins in a costume. And he's deviously taking Cardiff apart from the inside.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 11:40 - Oct 27 with 3196 viewswr72

He has to be the oddest looking person in football.He even makes the Ayatollah almost military looking.

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 11:47 - Oct 27 with 3170 viewsmonmouth

What is that stupid head tapping moronic s**T all about anyway? I'm not up on Dwarf folklore.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 12:00 - Oct 27 with 3124 viewswr72

He reminds me of a modern day Adolf Hitler operating from Grangetown.
Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 12:07 - Oct 27 with 3090 viewsgykes

Welcome us with 3 easy points! I think he means, still a slight language barrier ;)

Building it up in black and white since 1996!

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 12:54 - Oct 27 with 2958 viewsDDCH

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 11:47 - Oct 27 by monmouth

What is that stupid head tapping moronic s**T all about anyway? I'm not up on Dwarf folklore.

When the Muslim leader Ayatollah Khomeini died, they were taking the piss out of the muslims on TV who were hitting their heads in despair. It has moved from a nasty bit of look at those funny Johnny foreigners into a media 'oh aren't they funny and original' due to a couple of semi famous planks doing it on TV to gain favour

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 12:56 - Oct 27 with 2941 viewswaynekerr55

The guy is the epitome of "too dull to be an idiot". I worked with someone who is good mates with Malky and Tan genuinely believes that the colour change and not spending more than the rest of the league was what got them promoted....

makes you wonder how he was ever successful in business!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 13:06 - Oct 27 with 2914 viewsmonmouth

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 12:54 - Oct 27 by DDCH

When the Muslim leader Ayatollah Khomeini died, they were taking the piss out of the muslims on TV who were hitting their heads in despair. It has moved from a nasty bit of look at those funny Johnny foreigners into a media 'oh aren't they funny and original' due to a couple of semi famous planks doing it on TV to gain favour

Ta. So racist, nasty and thick then.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 13:15 - Oct 27 with 2890 viewsdgt73

You cant help liking Tan, so funny I could imagine him as a Harry Endfield character.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 13:21 - Oct 27 with 2867 viewsDDCH

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 13:06 - Oct 27 by monmouth

Ta. So racist, nasty and thick then.

They couldn't fit all that on the new badge so went with 'Fire & Passion' instead

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 13:36 - Oct 27 with 2816 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 13:21 - Oct 27 by DDCH

They couldn't fit all that on the new badge so went with 'Fire & Passion' instead

Quality

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 13:46 - Oct 27 with 2777 viewsfreewheeling

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 11:40 - Oct 27 by wr72

He has to be the oddest looking person in football.He even makes the Ayatollah almost military looking.

Now who would he remind you of if you trimmed that moustache down a bit and he swung his left arm out to the front

I see WR72 beat me to the Adolf comparison
[Post edited 27 Oct 2013 13:50]
Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 14:10 - Oct 27 with 2693 viewswr72

He might look a c**t but he's a billionaire so a rich c**t.
Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 14:29 - Oct 27 with 2647 viewsPureRockFury

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 12:54 - Oct 27 by DDCH

I thought it was to do with their chairman Tony Clemo, who was considered a bit of a dictator, and the Ayatollah was done as a joke to show the fans' mock devotion to their 'leader' - as you say, copying the scenes seen on TV after the death of Khomeini.

The Clemo thing could well be something I've completely imagined, but that's what I recall.

Even the bad times were good.

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 15:08 - Oct 27 with 2566 viewsjacksfullaces

tbh I've followed the swans for 30 plus years I'm not sure I understand the rivalry

manufactured by media and hooligans in the main, but in reality amounts to little more than a bit of workplace banter

when my dad first started taking me to see the swans I remember him looking out for cardiffs results almost as a second team. whilst I've never quite understood that either on the basis you can only support one team properly, I don't get the outright antipathy either

there, I've said it
Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 15:30 - Oct 27 with 2473 viewsKeyserSoze

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 11:40 - Oct 27 by wr72

Anyone who thinks that this man has not personally ordered at least one execution needs to have their head's examined.

Poll: What is the best atmosphere you have experienced at the Liberty?

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 15:58 - Oct 27 with 2418 viewsperchrockjack

Ive never understood anyone not understanding the rivalry.
It has always been there but from the 70s on its become hotter and bitterer mainly because of the higher profile afforded to Cardiff

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 16:58 - Oct 27 with 2305 viewsjacksfullaces

Tan Welcoming Swans With Open Arms on 15:58 - Oct 27 by perchrockjack

Ive never understood anyone not understanding the rivalry.
It has always been there but from the 70s on its become hotter and bitterer mainly because of the higher profile afforded to Cardiff

as I said - media and hooliganism - and sometimes both

but who am I to know - certainly doesn't have the 'history' of Merseyside, even Tyneside

but you'll be forgiven for not realising that when bbc/sky get into gear next week

personally, and this from someone getting pretty wound up by our west ham performance right now, next week will mean no more/less than any other important premier league match
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024