Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester 18:28 - May 13 with 1703 viewspencoedjack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27387616

Hopefully it goes the way of Basseys and QPR.

Leicester on 18:30 - May 13 with 1684 viewsDrizzle

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/112522/nsr-thai-owner-pl
Leicester on 18:32 - May 13 with 1666 viewsPrivate_Partz

Summaries all that is wrong with the Prem. I would like to think that FFP will curtail this rich fool's ambitions but I won't hold my breath.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Leicester on 20:16 - May 13 with 1467 viewsbabylon

Leicester on 18:32 - May 13 by Private_Partz

Summaries all that is wrong with the Prem. I would like to think that FFP will curtail this rich fool's ambitions but I won't hold my breath.

As already stated, quotes are out of order, missing full story and out of context. It's a load of shit being stirred up by the press.
Leicester on 20:47 - May 13 with 1364 viewsQuakerJack

For reference, please see cardiff, qpr, Leeds, Portsmouth

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Leicester on 00:11 - May 14 with 1160 viewsJethroJack

Will the Thai-guy with the catchy name be changing their kit to lucky red?
Leicester on 05:03 - May 14 with 1058 viewsNOTRAC

They will only achieve their aim if all their supporters learn how to spell his name correctly and write it in red ink on the back of £5 notes.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Leicester on 05:30 - May 14 with 1045 viewsDr_Winston

Leicester on 18:32 - May 13 by Private_Partz

Problem with FFP is that it will give an automatic advantage to the top clubs. Even more than the one they have now.

If someone wants to buy a club and spend tons of money on it then fine. As long as restrictions are in place to ensure that it's their own money that they're spending and not loading debt onto the club then they should be allowed to.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leicester on 07:25 - May 14 with 953 viewsAngelRangelQS

£180m to become a top 5 side? Dream on.
Login to get fewer ads

Leicester on 17:46 - May 14 with 817 viewshammy

I think they should be concentrating on staying the PL for the next 3 years; that would be a serious ambition ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Leicester on 17:55 - May 14 with 796 viewsTom1912

Leicester on 07:25 - May 14 by AngelRangelQS

£180m to become a top 5 side? Dream on.

For comparison, Man City spent £200m on transfers and £100m on wages per year from 2008 to 2010. They finished 5th in 09/10.

When you consider the market has inflated since then, it would likely be much more in today's terms. I would caveat it by saying City didnt spend especially well initially but nevertheless, would take a lot more than £180m if you wanted to buy your way there.
Leicester on 18:21 - May 14 with 741 viewsAngelRangelQS

Leicester on 17:55 - May 14 by Tom1912

For comparison, Man City spent £200m on transfers and £100m on wages per year from 2008 to 2010. They finished 5th in 09/10.

When you consider the market has inflated since then, it would likely be much more in today's terms. I would caveat it by saying City didnt spend especially well initially but nevertheless, would take a lot more than £180m if you wanted to buy your way there.

Didn't City have the bones of a fairly decent squad prior to that money being invested too?
Leicester on 11:16 - May 15 with 579 viewsDewi1jack

Just had a look at the value of City's team and they come in at £569 million

http://www.forbes.com/teams/manchester-city/

With Liverpool coming in at a paltry £456 million

http://www.forbes.com/teams/liverpool/

£180 million should easily be able to challenge these teams.
Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha doesn't need to worry, I'm sure that small time clubs like Real, Barca etc will loan him players like Bale, Ronaldo, Iniesta and pay the wages.

And another set of deluded fans and owners reaches the PL just to keep us all amused

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024