Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match 20:39 - Jun 19 with 1925 viewsGlyn1

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/19/serey-die-national-anthem-father

I thing that this puts things into perspective - football really isn't a matter of life and death. Should he have played after receiving the news? Should his manager have asked him to?

How were you feeling yourself on the day that your father died - could you have gone to work?

UPDATE: When Originally Posted This Article Said He Died Two Hours Before The Match. Now It's Been Corrected To Say It Was 10 Years Ago.

In which case it's not a story. Move along folks, nothing to see here - sorry to have bothered you.

MODERATORS - Please delete this thread if you can, thanks.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 12:57]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 20:42 - Jun 19 with 1915 viewsJackfath

Blimey. That's terrible. Poor chap.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 20:51 - Jun 19 with 1849 viewsJackoBoostardo

My missus was taking the piss out of him too - claiming he was soft.

Took balls to play after hearing that news. Don't know if I would have made the decision to play, but respect to him. Clearly there's nothing he could have done had he not played.

Sad stuff there.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 20:56 - Jun 19 with 1814 viewsJackfath

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 20:51 - Jun 19 by JackoBoostardo

Took balls to play after hearing that news. Don't know if I would have made the decision to play, but respect to him. Clearly there's nothing he could have done had he not played.

Sad stuff there.

You've got a missus? Blimey. Next you'll be telling me Jethro is older than 15 and has a job.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 21:06 - Jun 19 with 1777 viewsGlyn1

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 20:56 - Jun 19 by Jackfath

You've got a missus? Blimey. Next you'll be telling me Jethro is older than 15 and has a job.

Three messages and an argument has already started about nothing.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2014 21:06]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 21:08 - Jun 19 with 1767 viewsJackoBoostardo

A real one too! And she's alive!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2014 21:11]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 22:22 - Jun 19 with 1617 viewsstevethejack

Jackfath - My guess is that you're amongst the minority without a missus.

Really? Thought so.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2014 22:23]
Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 22:23 - Jun 19 with 1606 viewsJackfath

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 22:22 - Jun 19 by stevethejack

Really? Thought so.

Eh??

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 22:31 - Jun 19 with 1580 viewsJackoBoostardo

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 22:22 - Jun 19 by stevethejack

Really? Thought so.

He has. I heard her name was Pam or something...?

Login to get fewer ads

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 23:10 - Jun 19 with 1507 viewsNewhousemustscore

Should his manager have asked him to play? His father died 10 years ago. Am I missing something?
Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 01:23 - Jun 20 with 1426 viewsJethroJack

Oi, mush...stop referring to me in your grubby little posts, I'd never do that without asking permission first.

Old Bachelor Jackfath....that wrist must be sore after all these years....dirty old man

Enjoy the game tonight? phucking belter don't you think....Woy put Rooney in the hole just for you.....and a lot of phucking good it did
Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 01:28 - Jun 20 with 1413 viewsSwansNZ

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 23:10 - Jun 19 by Newhousemustscore

Should his manager have asked him to play? His father died 10 years ago. Am I missing something?

I think the story has been updated, after it initially said he died 2 hours before the game.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 01:30 - Jun 20 with 1410 viewsStarsky

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 21:06 - Jun 19 by Glyn1

Three messages and an argument has already started about nothing.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2014 21:06]

the article says different?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 9:28]

It's just the internet, init.

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 08:26 - Jun 20 with 1260 viewsPhil_S

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 01:30 - Jun 20 by Starsky

the article says different?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 9:28]

The article did initially refer to his father dying just before the match
Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 09:27 - Jun 20 with 1198 viewsStarsky

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 08:26 - Jun 20 by Phil_S

The article did initially refer to his father dying just before the match

Wow, you think they might have had the decency to mention the retraction.
Apologies to Glyn

It's just the internet, init.

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 10:36 - Jun 20 with 1122 viewsScoobyWho

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 01:28 - Jun 20 by SwansNZ

I think the story has been updated, after it initially said he died 2 hours before the game.

10 years ago ? Could have been 20 now apparently. I mean who believes this bull sh it.
And who cares !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 10:54 - Jun 20 with 1096 viewsloldelol

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 20:51 - Jun 19 by JackoBoostardo

Sad stuff there.

Your missus sounds like a c*nt.
Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 10:57 - Jun 20 with 1090 viewsJackoBoostardo

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 10:54 - Jun 20 by loldelol

Your missus sounds like a c*nt.

Before she found out his father had died numbnuts. She thought he was getting all teary over the anthem.

Should I start abusing your missus now (if you have one)? C*nt!

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 10:59 - Jun 20 with 1087 viewsloldelol

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 10:57 - Jun 20 by JackoBoostardo

Before she found out his father had died numbnuts. She thought he was getting all teary over the anthem.

Should I start abusing your missus now (if you have one)? C*nt!

Sounds like a right dozy 'mare.

Bet she's angin too.
Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 11:03 - Jun 20 with 1079 viewsJackoBoostardo

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 10:59 - Jun 20 by loldelol

Sounds like a right dozy 'mare.

Bet she's angin too.

You should know - it's your mother.

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 11:04 - Jun 20 with 1076 viewsloldelol

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 11:03 - Jun 20 by JackoBoostardo

You should know - it's your mother.

Didn't have you down for a necrophiliac but each to their own.
Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 11:06 - Jun 20 with 1073 viewsJackoBoostardo

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 11:04 - Jun 20 by loldelol

Didn't have you down for a necrophiliac but each to their own.

Thought she was starting to smell, but she always said you f*cked up her minge to such an extent it smelled like a graveyard - so thought it was normal.

DId find it strange though why I was able to detach her arm to scratch my ass.

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 13:32 - Jun 20 with 961 viewsEbo

Just on the radio that Yaya and Kolo Toures younger brother Ibrahim has died suddenly. He was only 28!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 13:58 - Jun 20 with 936 viewsJackoBoostardo

Ivory Coast player's father dies before the match on 13:32 - Jun 20 by Ebo

Just on the radio that Yaya and Kolo Toures younger brother Ibrahim has died suddenly. He was only 28!

Just about to post the same.

Not sure what's going on. Was Die crying as a result of this news even?

Who knows...? The news coming from so-called reliable news sources is shyte!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024