Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was 12:08 - Aug 9 with 2502 viewsdgt73

The soft underbelly that pervious Swans teams may have had , now seems to have disappeared.
Every team that plays us this season, know it's going to be a very hard game.
Well done Mr Monk.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 12:12 - Aug 9 with 2444 viewslidojack

I think in all seasons previous that own goal, being as unlucky and so soon after our goal as it was, would have killed us. Like you say it's great to see a team not wilt when sucker punched like that.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2015 12:13]
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 12:13 - Aug 9 with 2433 viewslovejuicejack

Spot on, I certainly had my doubts about monk when he was appointed but they've been well and truly rammed down my throat. Well done Gary and the team and the board. Specially when you see Gary next to the likes of moroninio the massive sulk.
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 12:19 - Aug 9 with 2397 viewsdgt73

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 12:13 - Aug 9 by lovejuicejack

Spot on, I certainly had my doubts about monk when he was appointed but they've been well and truly rammed down my throat. Well done Gary and the team and the board. Specially when you see Gary next to the likes of moroninio the massive sulk.

That's honest of you to admit that. Fair play.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2015 12:21]

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 12:19 - Aug 9 with 2387 viewsRancid

Aye.We don't know when we're beaten nowadays.Even yesterday when we went 1 down I thought to myself this isn't over yet.
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 12:23 - Aug 9 with 2369 viewsdgt73

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 12:12 - Aug 9 by lidojack

I think in all seasons previous that own goal, being as unlucky and so soon after our goal as it was, would have killed us. Like you say it's great to see a team not wilt when sucker punched like that.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2015 12:13]

Yeah i agree and IMO pervious Swans teams would have gone on to lose.

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 13:49 - Aug 9 with 2229 viewsDull1Thomas

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 12:23 - Aug 9 by dgt73

Yeah i agree and IMO pervious Swans teams would have gone on to lose.

Indeed.
But we have been to the bridge and won ... but only on the way to winning the League Cup.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 16:12 - Aug 9 with 2080 viewsdailew

Nice to see us not just capitulate against the big teams like we did in Laudrup's last season.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 16:33 - Aug 9 with 2019 viewsbermudajack

The most pleasing thing for me was watching our defence (that was torn to shreds twice last season by Costa et al) play with such determination & effort to avoid a repeat performance which will stand them in good stead for the long season ahead. 👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Login to get fewer ads

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 16:46 - Aug 9 with 1983 viewsjack247

We had a certain arrogance about us yesterday that very few teams have against the likes of Chelsea away. We wanted to contain them, but we went there determined to impose our style of play on the game and not just nullify them. The way we play now allows us to be tight defensively without losing much of our attacking edge, whilst maintaining an attractive and effective style. Couldn't ask for much more really.
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 16:50 - Aug 9 with 1962 viewslovejuicejack

Gary has to take massive credit for really taking the ruckus to Chelsea yesterday, his selection told you straight away he was going for the throat.
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 16:54 - Aug 9 with 1945 viewsjack247

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 16:50 - Aug 9 by lovejuicejack

Gary has to take massive credit for really taking the ruckus to Chelsea yesterday, his selection told you straight away he was going for the throat.

Have to admit I cringed a bit when I saw Jack Cork wasn't starting. Garry knows best.
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 16:57 - Aug 9 with 1933 viewsjackonicko

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 16:50 - Aug 9 by lovejuicejack

And that, for me, is the most pleasing bit of yesterday. We picked our team, not picked a team to play Chelsea.

It was a scarily attacking line up. Ayew, Montero, Siggy and JJS behind Gomis. No Cork, no Britton. But we took the game to them, we matched them toe to toe, and we could have (should have?) beaten the champions. At their own place. Playing our own game.

I don't think I've ever been so excited about the potential of our team. I know it's only the first game, but Garry has built and set something up that could be on the verge of something special.

Or, it's the Swansea way, and we lose at home next weekend :)
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 16:58 - Aug 9 with 1929 viewslovejuicejack

Showed intent. Great strength in depth to be able to them being Cork on. These are great days man.
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 17:04 - Aug 9 with 1906 viewsacejack3065

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 16:57 - Aug 9 by jackonicko

And that, for me, is the most pleasing bit of yesterday. We picked our team, not picked a team to play Chelsea.

It was a scarily attacking line up. Ayew, Montero, Siggy and JJS behind Gomis. No Cork, no Britton. But we took the game to them, we matched them toe to toe, and we could have (should have?) beaten the champions. At their own place. Playing our own game.

I don't think I've ever been so excited about the potential of our team. I know it's only the first game, but Garry has built and set something up that could be on the verge of something special.

Or, it's the Swansea way, and we lose at home next weekend :)

The Swansea way continues to evolve.

Slick attacking football with an added tough underbelly for when we have to ride it out. Our new additions look sharp and Ayew looks like he's going to torment defenders.
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 18:54 - Aug 9 with 1762 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's beefed up the midfield .
Leon ,as good as he was needed replacing

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 18:57 - Aug 9 with 1747 viewsEdmundo

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 17:04 - Aug 9 by acejack3065

The Swansea way continues to evolve.

Slick attacking football with an added tough underbelly for when we have to ride it out. Our new additions look sharp and Ayew looks like he's going to torment defenders.

Ayew looks like a worker, with a load of skill. 👍

Montero gets better 👍

Exciting times to be following the Swans, almost dissolves the bad memories of the 80s and 90s.

Things are looking up....hold onto your hats

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 19:17 - Aug 9 with 1704 viewsHighjack

Laudrup probably would have told them not to bother trying as Chelsea are in a mini league higher than us.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 23:12 - Aug 9 with 1480 viewsSwansNZ

Yes, agree.

It's Garry btw. He's been at the Swans for over 10 years, - let's show a bit of respect and spell his name right.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 23:34 - Aug 9 with 1455 viewsSwanseajill

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 19:17 - Aug 9 by Highjack

Laudrup probably would have told them not to bother trying as Chelsea are in a mini league higher than us.

Looking at our current managers pre and post match interviews since he took over.

Can anyone imagine him saying anything like that?
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 11:13 - Aug 10 with 1219 viewslovejuicejack

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 23:12 - Aug 9 by SwansNZ

Yes, agree.

It's Garry btw. He's been at the Swans for over 10 years, - let's show a bit of respect and spell his name right.

Funky monky innit
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 11:30 - Aug 10 with 1180 viewsDull1Thomas

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 16:54 - Aug 9 by jack247

Have to admit I cringed a bit when I saw Jack Cork wasn't starting. Garry knows best.

Look at the stats - while Cork was not on the pitch most of the game was in our half - when Cork came on the ratio balanced out. The difference was we didn't sit back and try to defend (good to see and sadly lacking for much of last season).

It was amazing tha Jonjo started at CB and Cork was left out. While we were doing well our play moved up a gear once Ki went off (unfortunate as keeping Ki o and taking Siggy off would IMO have been the preferred option.
Jonjo excels higher up the pitch and until Siggurdson gets back to his pre-international break standard the attacking midfield place should go to Shelvey.

Mank is improving but his sainthood is not yet confirmed.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 13:57 - Aug 10 with 1072 viewsjasper_T

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game for me was on 11:30 - Aug 10 by Dull1Thomas

Look at the stats - while Cork was not on the pitch most of the game was in our half - when Cork came on the ratio balanced out. The difference was we didn't sit back and try to defend (good to see and sadly lacking for much of last season).

It was amazing tha Jonjo started at CB and Cork was left out. While we were doing well our play moved up a gear once Ki went off (unfortunate as keeping Ki o and taking Siggy off would IMO have been the preferred option.
Jonjo excels higher up the pitch and until Siggurdson gets back to his pre-international break standard the attacking midfield place should go to Shelvey.

Mank is improving but his sainthood is not yet confirmed.

Find the game online and watch it again. Gylfi did a huge amount of work, and was important to the balance of the team. If Shelvey had moved forward into his position he would have been similarly overwhelmed, and I don't think Jonjo would have tracked Fabregas' forward runs so relentlessly, however much he may have worked on his "laziness" from last season. Gylfi's a machine.

We improved a lot once Cork came on. Ki was just starting to boss things and drive from midfield, but his injury meant Jonjo could work in that pocket of space in front of Matic instead, without worrying so much about the defensive side.

Monk leaving Cork out of the starting lineup goes down as a mistake for me, but not a major or costly one. I expect to see him start against strong sides and away from home in the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024