Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More Parking issues 09:01 - Apr 12 with 1818 viewsSwaneeRiver

My first point is that I am surprised there are still a small amount of people parking on the verge on Beaufort Road and getting tickets. Surely everyone knows by now about the issue (you'd think)
The second point is that I, like many others are parking legally on Wychtree Street, and on my return found a n computer generated note from person or persons unknown threatening to damage my car should I continue to park there.
Residents around the Vetch, and in other areas where parking has been an issue have never resorted to this behaviour.
The minority behind this let Morriston and Swansea citizens down
More Parking issues on 09:53 - Apr 12 with 1700 viewsSkipTheJack

I hope you reported the matter to the police. Instead of sticking tickets on vehicles that are not bothering anyone on Beaufort Road, perhaps the police will actually spent their time more productively by trying to catch the kind of scum that makes this type of threat.
More Parking issues on 09:55 - Apr 12 with 1696 viewsScoobyWho

More Parking issues on 09:53 - Apr 12 by SkipTheJack

I hope you reported the matter to the police. Instead of sticking tickets on vehicles that are not bothering anyone on Beaufort Road, perhaps the police will actually spent their time more productively by trying to catch the kind of scum that makes this type of threat.

Yeah, let's blame the police .....

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

More Parking issues on 10:39 - Apr 12 with 1602 viewsAndy1300

I used to live on that street, the end near the old Aldi, it is ok saying you are parking legally but believe me, when you come home from work and can't even park in your own street, imagine how you would feel, not that I am condoning this persons actions.

If only people parked considerately than we would all be ok.

Obviously, the council and club should come to some arrangement regarding parking facilities for games.

Number 1 team in Wales

More Parking issues on 10:48 - Apr 12 with 1573 viewsSwaneeRiver

More Parking issues on 10:39 - Apr 12 by Andy1300

I used to live on that street, the end near the old Aldi, it is ok saying you are parking legally but believe me, when you come home from work and can't even park in your own street, imagine how you would feel, not that I am condoning this persons actions.

Obviously, the council and club should come to some arrangement regarding parking facilities for games.

I fully appreciate what your saying about parking on your own street. If I come back home anytime after four, I often have to park down the road, or on one of the side roads. This causes a knock on effect. However I have never taken to putting threatening notes on other peoples cars, nor have the other residents where I live
More Parking issues on 10:48 - Apr 12 with 1571 viewscanhecatchit

Well actually if you pay your road tax and there is no resident parking markings on the road, it doesn't matter if someone parks outside your home. Not nice I know , but thats the law.
You don't have any say in the matter. Surprised really people are actually parking that far away from the ground now/

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

More Parking issues on 10:51 - Apr 12 with 1562 viewsSwaneeRiver

More Parking issues on 10:48 - Apr 12 by canhecatchit

Well actually if you pay your road tax and there is no resident parking markings on the road, it doesn't matter if someone parks outside your home. Not nice I know , but thats the law.
You don't have any say in the matter. Surprised really people are actually parking that far away from the ground now/

It's only just around the corner from where the legal parking on Beaufort Road ends, so it's not that much further.
Think I'll be paying for parking next season though
More Parking issues on 10:58 - Apr 12 with 1550 viewsHumpty

I often come home at about seven in the evening and have to park my car streets away from my house. The people parked outside my house are perfectly entitled to do so. I just have to lump it.

I don't put notes on their cars threatening to damage them for legally parking outside my house as that would be the action of a thick lumpen tw*t. So I don't.

I should complain to the council about it but I'm a lazy f*cker so I haven't.

There you go. Sometimes things annoy us. Such is life.
More Parking issues on 10:58 - Apr 12 with 1548 viewscanhecatchit

Thats got to be like a 20 minute walk from there. Jersey Road in Bonymaen has lots of empty space on thee opposite side from the houses. Its only 20 minutes walk from there too .

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Login to get fewer ads

More Parking issues on 12:02 - Apr 12 with 1445 viewsTrundle10

Got a ticket parking on rough ground behind morrisons by the old ski slope. Doing no harm to anyone. Gutlees barstewsrds
More Parking issues on 12:28 - Apr 12 with 1408 viewsbluenile

More Parking issues on 12:02 - Apr 12 by Trundle10

Got a ticket parking on rough ground behind morrisons by the old ski slope. Doing no harm to anyone. Gutlees barstewsrds

Yes, my son and I walked through there after the game and after calling into Sports Direct for some new golf balls. there were still two vehicles there with the yellow tickets, but we noticed that the vehicle parked higher up on the dusty road into the woods was untouched, so I guess it's just the road and the pavement you have to watch out for. I always pay and park in the old Makro car park, cheaper to pay a fiver than a hefty fine....................having said that I do think the council is getting a tad heavy handed, maybe they could build some more car parks nearby and charge £3-£4, thus paying for the use of the land?

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

More Parking issues on 13:54 - Apr 12 with 1329 viewssherpajacob

Am I right in thinking that any parking tickets issued for parking in the retail park are unenforceable.

For the life of me I can't understand why the retail park doesn't just charge £5 for 3 hours parking on match days, they make money and it makes use of all the empty spaces right next to the ground.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

More Parking issues on 14:03 - Apr 12 with 1308 viewsLeonisGod

It's wasn't your street though - it's a public highway. It was similar for us when we lived in uplands, so I do understand the problems it can cause. But I don't understand the possessive mentality of people who think they own a space. For us, the roads would get crammed and we'd often not get anywhere near our house, especially when the students were about. As residents we'd have an unwritten code about where people parked, but for the students or anyone else (shoppers and workers in uplands, so often around far longer than for the length of a footie match every 2 weeks) they were perfectly entitled to park anywhere on the street.
More Parking issues on 14:05 - Apr 12 with 1299 viewsHighjack

More Parking issues on 13:54 - Apr 12 by sherpajacob

Am I right in thinking that any parking tickets issued for parking in the retail park are unenforceable.

For the life of me I can't understand why the retail park doesn't just charge £5 for 3 hours parking on match days, they make money and it makes use of all the empty spaces right next to the ground.

Nobody would shop there if they gotta pay a fiver to park.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

More Parking issues on 14:05 - Apr 12 with 1299 viewsNeath_Jack

Just park in B&Q car park, i've parked there for years, every single home game.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

More Parking issues on 14:13 - Apr 12 with 1283 viewsHighjack

More Parking issues on 14:05 - Apr 12 by Neath_Jack

Just park in B&Q car park, i've parked there for years, every single home game.

Same here. Ive had about 10 letters a week for the last five years off some parking company. must be costing them a fortune in stamps. Oh well.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

More Parking issues on 14:16 - Apr 12 with 1266 views3swan

Is there any plans for the rough ground between the north car park and Coopers island/Academy

??

Should take quite a few cars there
More Parking issues on 14:17 - Apr 12 with 1264 viewsNeath_Jack

More Parking issues on 14:13 - Apr 12 by Highjack

Same here. Ive had about 10 letters a week for the last five years off some parking company. must be costing them a fortune in stamps. Oh well.

Twice they sent me four or five letters for two different parking dates. Ignored them all and haven't had another one this season at all.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

More Parking issues on 16:32 - Apr 12 with 1143 viewsAndy1300

More Parking issues on 14:03 - Apr 12 by LeonisGod

It's wasn't your street though - it's a public highway. It was similar for us when we lived in uplands, so I do understand the problems it can cause. But I don't understand the possessive mentality of people who think they own a space. For us, the roads would get crammed and we'd often not get anywhere near our house, especially when the students were about. As residents we'd have an unwritten code about where people parked, but for the students or anyone else (shoppers and workers in uplands, so often around far longer than for the length of a footie match every 2 weeks) they were perfectly entitled to park anywhere on the street.

I agree and nowhere have I said any different.

The person doing this is well out of order and it needs to stop

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024