Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show 12:35 - Jul 26 with 2236 viewsWhiterockin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-33655035

Looks quality if it comes off.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 13:59 - Jul 26 with 2192 viewsDr_Winston

It's the sort of development needed over there to inject a bit of life into the place. It's a nice enough area but still a bit sparse at the minute.

Having said that, it probably won't be too much longer until ABP pulls the plug on the docks and the whole area will be up for redevelopment. There's just not enough stuff coming through to keep it going compared to other ports.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 14:10 - Jul 26 with 2170 viewsdickythorpe

Over the last few months I've been to Lincoln and Milford Haven and both places have waterfronts that at the moment are superior to what we have.

This surely will change I hope.
Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 14:47 - Jul 26 with 2124 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 13:59 - Jul 26 by Dr_Winston

It's the sort of development needed over there to inject a bit of life into the place. It's a nice enough area but still a bit sparse at the minute.

Having said that, it probably won't be too much longer until ABP pulls the plug on the docks and the whole area will be up for redevelopment. There's just not enough stuff coming through to keep it going compared to other ports.

You may well find that there are some big plans afoot for the docks and for employment down there...
Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 14:51 - Jul 26 with 2115 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 14:47 - Jul 26 by londonlisa2001

You may well find that there are some big plans afoot for the docks and for employment down there...

Hope you're right.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 14:57 - Jul 26 with 2107 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 14:51 - Jul 26 by Dr_Winston

Hope you're right.

well it's dependent on certain projects coming to fruition I believe :-)
Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 15:02 - Jul 26 with 2093 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 14:57 - Jul 26 by londonlisa2001

well it's dependent on certain projects coming to fruition I believe :-)

It'll take something.

From a tonnage perspective it's well down the list considering the size of the place. If they can get more coming in then great. Otherwise the land value would be worth more for redevelopment.

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 15:05 - Jul 26 with 2089 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 15:02 - Jul 26 by Dr_Winston

It'll take something.

From a tonnage perspective it's well down the list considering the size of the place. If they can get more coming in then great. Otherwise the land value would be worth more for redevelopment.

More along the lines of manufacturing there apparently.
Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 15:07 - Jul 26 with 2077 viewsPacemaker

If the barrage comes to fruition then the rock from Cornwall will have to come ashore at Port Talbot or Swansea Docks. I understand it will be about 1.2 million tonnes a year over three years that's a lot of business for the docks.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 16:53 - Jul 26 with 1981 viewsDull1Thomas

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 15:02 - Jul 26 by Dr_Winston

It'll take something.

Having a 50 mph motorway and totally hopeless rail network has been the death knell for the docks IMO

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:04 - Jul 26 with 1889 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 16:53 - Jul 26 by Dull1Thomas

Having a 50 mph motorway and totally hopeless rail network has been the death knell for the docks IMO

Spot on Dull1. The rest of Wales suffers from sh!te links with similar results as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:29 - Jul 26 with 1854 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 14:10 - Jul 26 by dickythorpe

Over the last few months I've been to Lincoln and Milford Haven and both places have waterfronts that at the moment are superior to what we have.

This surely will change I hope.

Lincoln? ?? It's about 30 miles from the coast init??

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:38 - Jul 26 with 1833 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:29 - Jul 26 by Swanjaxs

They have water inland too.

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:46 - Jul 26 with 1822 viewsSwanjaxs

Yes indeed they do, but can you seriously compare a development around a lake to a coastal waterfront?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:55 - Jul 26 with 1808 viewsdickythorpe

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:29 - Jul 26 by Swanjaxs

They have a waterfront development which is superb it's called the Brayford.
Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:56 - Jul 26 with 1808 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:46 - Jul 26 by Swanjaxs

Yes indeed they do, but can you seriously compare a development around a lake to a coastal waterfront?

A waterfront is just that. Doesn't much matter whether or not the H2O in question has salt in it.

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 19:04 - Jul 26 with 1795 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:56 - Jul 26 by Dr_Winston

A waterfront is just that. Doesn't much matter whether or not the H2O in question has salt in it.

Yes, yes your absolutely correct, thanks for putting me rite 👍👍

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 22:47 - Jul 26 with 1612 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:04 - Jul 26 by Private_Partz

Spot on Dull1. The rest of Wales suffers from sh!te links with similar results as well.

Correct - north to south road links should be an economic, cultural, and national priority. Yet nothing much happens.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 22:55 - Jul 26 with 1607 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:04 - Jul 26 by Private_Partz

Upgrade Port Talbot M4, electrify the rail and dual carriage it all the way to Fishguard / Milford and that would be a good start. We've spend billions of UK tax payers money on road schemes in developing countries to kick start their economies but seem utterly incapable of recognising that doing the same here would also have huge benefits. Ah well, we are where we are.

I'm looking forward to the aquarium if this comes off on the current council site. The only problem with SA1 devp though is will the city centre get further left behind. Fforest Fach and Llansamlet shopping areas have it the city centre hard. Take more people out by these various Sa1 developments and unless they do something in the centre it will end up a ghost town.
Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 00:24 - Jul 27 with 1568 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 18:55 - Jul 26 by dickythorpe

They have a waterfront development which is superb it's called the Brayford.

So.... The lake by Port Toilet steel works is a waterfront then? Come on fella

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 00:56 - Jul 27 with 1544 viewsscottishjack

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 22:55 - Jul 26 by LeonisGod

Upgrade Port Talbot M4, electrify the rail and dual carriage it all the way to Fishguard / Milford and that would be a good start. We've spend billions of UK tax payers money on road schemes in developing countries to kick start their economies but seem utterly incapable of recognising that doing the same here would also have huge benefits. Ah well, we are where we are.

I'm looking forward to the aquarium if this comes off on the current council site. The only problem with SA1 devp though is will the city centre get further left behind. Fforest Fach and Llansamlet shopping areas have it the city centre hard. Take more people out by these various Sa1 developments and unless they do something in the centre it will end up a ghost town.

I'm a bit hazy on the details but speaking to someone who is generally in the right direction on this sort of thing is that they are hoping to redevelop Parc Tawe into a sort of City Centre...?

Not sure how that waorks mind, but it seems they are giving up the ghost.
Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 00:58 - Jul 27 with 1543 viewsBanosswan

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 00:24 - Jul 27 by Swanjaxs

Well believe it or not, npt are trying to market it as such. "Harbourside".
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 0:59]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 09:41 - Jul 27 with 1413 viewsdickythorpe

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 00:24 - Jul 27 by Swanjaxs

Why so hostile? Chill out "fella" - Peace and love.
Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 09:49 - Jul 27 with 1408 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 22:47 - Jul 26 by Kilkennyjack

Correct - north to south road links should be an economic, cultural, and national priority. Yet nothing much happens.

I drove to Aberystwyth last week via Carmarthen and Lampeter. What a dreadful road. And that's between two major towns (major relative to other towns in the North and West).

50 miles or so and it took 2 hours, in a motorhome admittedly not a car but that's still awful. But more billions are continually found to invest in you know where.
Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 13:29 - Jul 27 with 1332 viewsyescomeon

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 09:49 - Jul 27 by johnlangy

I drove to Aberystwyth last week via Carmarthen and Lampeter. What a dreadful road. And that's between two major towns (major relative to other towns in the North and West).

50 miles or so and it took 2 hours, in a motorhome admittedly not a car but that's still awful. But more billions are continually found to invest in you know where.

Try living in Fishguard mate, admittedly there are worse connected places but it's still a fecking nightmare. When I was living up in Bangor to get back to Fishguard by train I would have to get the train to Cardiff via Chester and Shrewsbury, then get the train from Cardiff to Fishguard and for that wonderful privilege you'd be looking at paying like £80, had to get the bus Bangor to Aberystwyth, Aberystwyth to Cardigan, Cardigan to Fishguard. Took about 6 hours but still quicker than the train (damn sight cheaper too). Road north and west although pretty aren't great although the road west is getting better to be fair.

Upthecity!

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 19:31 - Jul 27 with 1209 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea SA1 waterfront fly-through plans on show on 13:29 - Jul 27 by yescomeon

Try living in Fishguard mate, admittedly there are worse connected places but it's still a fecking nightmare. When I was living up in Bangor to get back to Fishguard by train I would have to get the train to Cardiff via Chester and Shrewsbury, then get the train from Cardiff to Fishguard and for that wonderful privilege you'd be looking at paying like £80, had to get the bus Bangor to Aberystwyth, Aberystwyth to Cardigan, Cardigan to Fishguard. Took about 6 hours but still quicker than the train (damn sight cheaper too). Road north and west although pretty aren't great although the road west is getting better to be fair.

WAG have failed in both Education and Health but with regards to transport infrastructure it has been spectacularly bad. How TF can Gran Canaria have a better motorway system than Wales when it is only 2/rds the size at the height if the tourist season.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024